Valentia Accordion Translation Project Thread

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or, just blame Grima when they became a calamity, but then why isn't it called Grima's remains?

Grima's Remains are in Plegia Castle. But I can definitely believe that Grima can cause great havoc with how large he is and how much power he holds. 

22 minutes ago, Sock said:

Tangent of the tangent: Zofia Harbor became Divine Dragon Grounds. Say'ri says this: "This is Naga's Cradle. It is said the divine dragon once called this place home." Zofia Harbor wasn't anything special. Naga must have visited in the 2000 years between Almica and Walhart, but...why? Why go to Valentia? And stay long enough that humans--uh, that humans called it her "home"... Nevermind, dragons' sense of time is different. Still, why go to Valentia? Why did Tiki go to Valentia?

Crack theory: Duma and Mila are Naga's children. Legit dragon-babies. Like Tiki. Whoa, now it makes sense why Tiki went to Valentia...

Oh, so that's where Nagi went to after defeating Medeus. Nagi is Naga after all. But this could easily have been the case in the time of the First Exalt.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My preferred strain of crack is Nowi the child of Mila-Duma incest.

Except Nowi was born during the First Exalt's time.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some profiles translators coming in, thanks to the various translators assisting me!

Lukas and Mathilda:

t4DsJqM.jpg

Zeke and Tatiana

obnSTOJ.png

Berkut

O8IL9xE.png

And then translations of "Pride and Arrogance" and "Prince of Darkness" courtesy of mystletainn on tumblr. Japanese lyrics for the various songs in the game are found in the Extras section. Ree (mystletainn on tumblr) has granted permission to reproduce said lyrics:

Pride and Arrogance

Spoiler

Proud noble
The blood of kings
A noble heart
to lead the people

His military prowess is well-known

Soar through a sky of diluted black
A jet black eagle

The legitimate
Successor of the crown

Heed him!
Praise him!

Rigel’s black prince

Prince of Darkness

Spoiler

Pride
Noble
Nobility
Ambition

Pride     (Proud)
Noble     (Lineage)
Nobility     (Spirit)
Ambition     (Embraced)
Jet black eagle

The legitimate
King of lions

Bravery
That shakes Rigel
Be envious,
Those who look upon him

Edited by Kirokan

Never would've guessed that Mathilda hugged Clive in public after she was rescued. Mainly because they didn't show it but that's a nice little detail. And Pride and Arrogance and Prince of Darkness have lyrics? Interesting. I thought it was just vocals. Are there any other hidden lyrics in songs?

........You know, i just realized that none of the character profiles contain their ages, yet their ages are in the game's files.

4 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Except Nowi was born during the First Exalt's time.

*Takes more fan crack* She was born of the MIla Tree, of the postmortem death and union of Mila and Duma. She knows what her parents look like? *Takes more fan crack* She knew only illusions of Mila and Duma created by the Mila Tree to protect her.

19 minutes ago, Kirokan said:

Some profiles translators coming in, thanks to the various translators assisting me!

Lukas and Mathilda:

So they're working with you? Well that makes them trustworthy knowing that.

Mathilda, Zeke, Tatiana, and Barbekut were a little dull, but Lukas was good, and Berkut 1 was decent.

You can't expect ground shattering revelations from every profile, I get that.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

........You know, i just realized that none of the character profiles contain their ages, yet their ages are in the game's files.

Yeah that is odd, unless they chose to retcon the existence of the ages. Although they then could have done what Tellius Recollection did and say "most of these are what the characters are supposed to look like, approximate ages, but they aren't necessarily that age we leave it to you imagination".

On Tatiana, no explanation why the "good" Duma Faithful seem so kind despite Duma being tough? Assuming that is what she is of. Why would she be a Mila Faithful in Rigel if she serves the Empire?

Minor typo on Tatiana- she starts as a Saint, not a Mage.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

14 minutes ago, Kirokan said:

Lukas and Mathilda:

t4DsJqM.jpg

Zeke and Tatiana

510R5ra.png

Berkut

cwmmN38.png

And then translations of "Pride and Arrogance" and "Prince of Darkness" courtesy of mystletainn on tumblr. Japanese lyrics for the various songs in the game are found in the Extras section. Ree (mystletainn on tumblr) has granted permission to reproduce said lyrics:

Pride and Arrogance

Reveal hidden contents

Proud noble
The blood of kings
A noble heart
to lead the people

His military prowess is well-known

Soar through a sky of diluted black
A jet black eagle

The legitimate
Successor of the crown

Heed him!
Praise him!

Rigel’s black prince

Prince of Darkness

Reveal hidden contents

Pride
Noble
Nobility
Ambition

Pride     (Proud)
Noble     (Lineage)
Nobility     (Spirit)
Ambition     (Embraced)
Jet black eagle

The legitimate
King of lions

Bravery
That shakes Rigel
Be envious,
Those who look upon him

I never get tired of seeing Mathilda's other outfit, really, there's something about it that I really like, though I don't know what.

Now, I'm not dubting  your translation, but I think I read somewhere that in Zeke's profile it said that he disappeared some time but later returned, making reference to his appearance in FE3, instead of disappearing from time to time which implies it happened more than once, though I readed it the first day the translations began to appear, so maybe it was wrong.

I'd like to ask Kamui's profile if it isn't much of a hassle, aside from the money thing and being a traveler his sole support is wasted in humour.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Takes more fan crack* She was born of the MIla Tree, of the postmortem death and union of Mila and Duma. She knows what her parents look like? *Takes more fan crack* She knew only illusions of Mila and Duma created by the Mila Tree to protect her.

She was kidnapped just after she was born, and her parents are already dead. Just saying so you take your crack to the next level even if it totally didn't happen

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So they're working with you? Well that makes them trustworthy knowing that.

Mathilda, Zeke, Tatiana, and Barbekut were a little dull, but Lukas was good, and Berkut 1 was decent.

You can't expect ground shattering revelations from every profile, I get that.

Minor typo on Tatiana- she starts as a Saint, not a Mage.

Yep! I found some translators (including those on historyoftheemblem on tumblr) to help outsource some profiles too! They send it back to me and I put it back onto the page. I do skim the translations for consistency when possible, but in editing it is easier to miss the minor things (such as Tatiana the mage) than it is when translating yourself.

So I appreciate the error corrections. Know that the gist of the main profile is reliable though!

13 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

Now, I'm not dubting  your translation, but I think I read somewhere that in Zeke's profile it said that he disappeared some time but later returned, making reference to his appearance in FE3, instead of disappearing from time to time which implies it happened more than once, though I readed it the first day the translations began to appear, so maybe it was wrong.

Noted about Kamui!

I looked over Zeke's profile, and you are correct. The original Japanese said "for a time" rather than "from time to time." It's rare for VincentASM to make mistakes so I don't check his as thoroughly! It will be fixed and reflect in the next picture update. Thanks!

EDIT: Both errors resolved.

obnSTOJ.png

Edited by Kirokan

Guest Dreamyboi
4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Maybe cause it doesn't show cleavage? 

I dig that part of it, would have made that one shot of her in a cell less awkward.

Maybe cause it doesn't sow cleavage? 

Maybe? That kind of stuff doesn't really bother me, I like Tharja and Camilla (though I don't like the panty window) . I think it is how elegant she looks in general, the smaller boots, the shorter bangs and of course the lack of cleavage make her look better overall, stylish and professional, though her usual one makes her seem more mature. I don't think just not having a cleavage would have made that much of a difference though. I'm probably exagerating about how good this design is, but I really like it.

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

About Zeke, I took a slight liberty to better match with his English ending. However, I may have read "parted at times" a bit too literally?

Was his English ending different than Japanese? I only played in Japanese, and even then don't remember what it was. xD I can easily resolve it depending on what conclusion we reach.

Your translation made sense to me though since I figured maybe he would go on and off to visit other places but always return, so I didn't think there was any issue with it. The Japanese leans more toward just one long time rather than multiple times, though, as does what the others were saying. So I'm not really sure myself. xD

As for Berkut, I see where the translator made a mistake. It more accurately says, "after he took Fernand under his command." I'll fix it.

I suppose I really ought to check these more closely huh? xD Apologies for the inconvenience. Here it is edited:

O8IL9xE.png

Edited by Kirokan

Guest Dreamyboi
45 minutes ago, Kirokan said:

As for Berkut, I see where the translator made a mistake. It more accurately says, "after he took Fernand under his command." I'll fix it.

I suppose I really ought to check these more closely huh? xD Apologies for the inconvenience. Here it is edited:

O8IL9xE.png

oh, makes sense now.

Mistranslations ftw.

6 hours ago, Kirokan said:

Was his English ending different than Japanese? I only played in Japanese, and even then don't remember what it was. xD I can easily resolve it depending on what conclusion we reach.

Your translation made sense to me though since I figured maybe he would go on and off to visit other places but always return, so I didn't think there was any issue with it. The Japanese leans more toward just one long time rather than multiple times, though, as does what the others were saying. So I'm not really sure myself. xD

Fair point, I don't think I checked. I originally played Echoes in Chinese, where I don't remember many differences with the English version.

Anyway, I dug it up for ya. Sorry, it's actually Tatiana's ending.

ジークの記憶が戻らないことを祈りつつ彼と幸せに暮らした。ときに離れることもあったが彼が帰るのはいつも彼女のもとであったという。

From what I can tell, it is pretty much the same as the English version. As such, I would be tempted to keep it in line with that. I also kinda like the idea of him going over to Archanea every now and then, to check on the progress XD

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

Camus is pronounced Ka-moo.

And i hate that. Reason #69789 why silent letters are terrible.

I don't care what anyone says, i'm still pronouncing it "Ka-mus".

8 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Fair point, I don't think I checked. I originally played Echoes in Chinese, where I don't remember many differences with the English version.

Anyway, I dug it up for ya. Sorry, it's actually Tatiana's ending.

From what I can tell, it is pretty much the same as the English version. As such, I would be tempted to keep it in line with that. I also kinda like the idea of him going over to Archanea every now and then, to check on the progress XD

Ah indeed that says "occasional separation" which also implies multiple times.

As such, the initial translation is more correct to that meaning. : )

And double checked the official localization:

" "Tatiana prayed that Zeke's memory would remain hazy, and the two eventually did live something of a happy life. Though they were parted at times, Zeke always returned to Tatiana's side in the end." "

Which lines up too! Okay, so time to revert that back to the initial translated version. Glad we got that cleared up. : )

6 minutes ago, Kirokan said:

Ah indeed that says "occasional separation" which also implies multiple times.

As such, the initial translation is more correct to that meaning. : )

And double checked the official localization:

" "Tatiana prayed that Zeke's memory would remain hazy, and the two eventually did live something of a happy life. Though they were parted at times, Zeke always returned to Tatiana's side in the end." "

Which lines up too! Okay, so time to revert that back to the initial translated version. Glad we got that cleared up. : )

So Zeke does up and vanish multiple times? Where does he go?

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Probably back to Archanea to check up on things time to time. Nyna, Marth's rule, how the country is doing, things like that. 

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Probably back to Archanea to check on how things are going, as VincentASM suggested. xD

EDIT: And the above comment too!

Edited by Kirokan

1 minute ago, r_n said:

Probably back to Archanea to check up on things time to time. Nyna, Marth's rule, how the country is doing, things like that. 

1 minute ago, Kirokan said:

Probably back to Archanea to check on how things are going, as VincentASM suggested. xD

EDIT: And the above comment too!

Nyna may be one case, but I personally believe that Nyna severed ties with Camus after the events of New Mystery, due to how because of her inability to fully embrace her responsibility, she caused the suffering of many. Plus she vanished after the war, so no one knows where she is. 

But if Camus does go visit her multiple times, well, the love triangle never ended. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Nyna may be one case, but I personally believe that Nyna severed ties with Camus after the events of New Mystery, due to how because of her inability to fully embrace her responsibility, she caused the suffering of many. Plus she vanished after the war, so no one knows where she is. 

But if Camus does go visit her multiple times, well, the love triangle never ended. 

Camus strikes me as someone that would seek her out but never make contact.

They both need to let go, honestly. But Camus more so...you have Tatiana! Dont go stirring the pot like that!

1 minute ago, r_n said:

Camus strikes me as someone that would seek her out but never make contact.

They both need to let go, honestly. But Camus more so...you have Tatiana! Dont go stirring the pot like that!

This might be loyalty to a fault. He's loyal to his nation, but he set Nyna free despite how giving her up would have served his nation better, as had he not done that, Camus would have been able to lead the charge against Marth's Archanean League, and likely would have defeated them. But Dolhr kept him on a tight leash for his actions, so he was never able to lead the charge. 

And though he had Tatiana, the moment he learned of Hardin's descent to madness, he went to Archanea and saved Nyna, but still refused to be with her because "someone was waiting for him". 

I thought it was the other way arround. Wasn't Camus the one who told Nyna to forget him? I don't think he would return for her after that, though I can see him watching over Grust though.