Valentia Accordion Translation Project Thread

Huh. According to the timeline, the White Wing Sisters brought Gradivus back to Archanea (wonder if Harding had started dressing in furs and big intimidating armour when they presented it to him). That means the Gradivus in Duma's temple is canon, and not just a fan service reference. We can also assume it winded up in Valentia because of Camus, which would imply Marth not engaging him in battle, yet Camus still disappearing in the midst of the battle some how, is the canonical choice in Shadow Dragon (not in the original though, you're forced to kill him in the first game because he sits on the castle, Lorenz is the one that chases you around the map).

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

and were such a huge threat that the dragonkin of Magvel had to step in.

The dragonkind felt kinda shoehorned into FE8, there just because the series has them. We only see Myrrh and her father, we don't know if anyone else was or is left, nor how and if the Great Dragon Morva cooperated with the Five Heroes. But this is more or less true of all Magvelian world-building, thin and lacking.

However, there was this one neat line I found in SS:

Spoiler

Myrrh: It’s because I’m a dragon. My father explained it to me. We are both human and monster. And because we are both, we are also neither.
Saleh: ……
Myrrh: We have the power of dragons; therefore, we cannot live together with humans… We have the hearts of humans; therefore, we do not belong with monsters. We are outcasts in this world, never a part of either community. And so we live our lives alone, never to be understood by anyone.

Would be interesting to see them flesh this out. Are Magvelian dragons some human-monster hybrid?

An apocalyptic telling of the unknown story of the Five Heroes of Magvel would be cool, but I don't expect IS to ever do it, nor do it well.

Also on the timeline, it reveals that both Duma and Mila's remains got buried where the Mila tree sprouted up. Man Duma kind of got the short end of the stick with that one. I guess people kind of blamed him for the whole aggressive Rigelian war thing. There's reference to Mila still be worshipped in Awakening, but not Duma. Still, that does bring up the Demon's Ingle where it was previously assumed Duma was buried. So is that just a retcon and he was never put there, or is that a completely different demon of note?

2 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

You probably do fight him, you just don't take the lance

Well you automatically take his lance if you defeat him in Shadow Dragon. But there is alternate dialogue where if you don't defeat him in battle, the game acknowledges that he vanishes and Nyna still holds out hope that he's still alive. Given how this results in both Marth's army not getting the Gradivus, and Camus living, it seems more likely it's the canon encounter (how exactly he managed to get to Valencia is still a quagmire however, as it either depends on him acting out of character, or being so bad ass he could drift across an entire ocean without food or water).

8 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

The bit about Balor being possibly connected to an ancient demon god intrigues me as well.

Now i'm wondering if actual Gods are canon in the Archanea/Valentia/Judgral world. Mila and Duma used to be Gods but that got retconned. And Tellius and Fateslandia are the only continents with actual Gods present. 

Though, since you brought up Sacred Stones, i'm now starting to wonder if Magvel is actually part of the Archanea/Valentia/Jugdral world as well. While there's no evidence that says they are, there also isn't really much evidence that says they aren't. I didn't think too much about it before but now that i think about it, Archanea (because of Thabes), Valentia and Magvel are the only continents seen with Terrors. In addition, 95% of Terrors can be found in both Valentia and Magvel. And as you said, Valentia's Falchion dealing bonus damage to Terrors is very similar to Magvel's Sacred Twins. And of course, the ancient demon god mentioned in the Balor's profile could be Formortiis. After all, he is Fire Emblem's most mysterious villain since we know almost nothing about him.

Again, there's no evidence to support that Magvel is in the same world as the other three continents but Magvel is underdeveloped so connections can be made.

55 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well you automatically take his lance if you defeat him in Shadow Dragon. But there is alternate dialogue where if you don't defeat him in battle, the game acknowledges that he vanishes and Nyna still holds out hope that he's still alive. Given how this results in both Marth's army not getting the Gradivus, and Camus living, it seems more likely it's the canon encounter (how exactly he managed to get to Valencia is still a quagmire however, as it either depends on him acting out of character, or being so bad ass he could drift across an entire ocean without food or water).

Unlikely. See, Camus vanishing because you don't fight him guarantees that he's alive. But New Mystery heavily implies that Camus did fight and lose, as everyone that knows him are shocked or surprised that he's alive.

They are retconning things differently now. Instead now we have it that Camus lost, but Gradvius was washed along with him. But the fight still happened.

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Now i'm wondering if actual Gods are canon in the Archanea/Valentia/Judgral world. Mila and Duma used to be Gods but that got retconned. And Tellius and Fateslandia are the only continents with actual Gods present. 

Pretty sure that Fateslandia is still dragons.

Edited by omegaxis1

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

They are dragons worshipped as gods. Same as Naga and Grima. There aren't any true gods in Fates. 

You know what, you're probably right. I just remember Fates describing the Omega Yato as a God-killer.

Confusingly, Naga in Awakening establishes that dragons aren't gods. Just really powerful beings.

However, the series's general theme is that dragons are essentially gods. This is emphasised by the existence of Divine Dragons (literally God Dragons) and First Dragons (aka Divine/God Ancestral Dragons).

Still, if we go by the definition of gods being creators, then only Ashunera fits that bill to our knowledge (since she created basic life in Tellius).

Just now, Armagon said:

You know what, you're probably right. I just remember Fates describing the Omega Yato as a God-killer.

Which is what Falchion is called too. 

Although now I am very curious if Falchion could actually work against Tellius goddess blessing. Hell, Naga fighting against Duma and Mila along with the other forces resulted in a cataclysmic event that shook the heavens and the earth for 9 terrifyingly long days.

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

Confusingly, Naga in Awakening establishes that dragons aren't gods. Just really powerful beings.

However, the series's general theme is that dragons are essentially gods. This is emphasised by the existence of Divine Dragons (literally God Dragons) and First Dragons (aka Divine/God Ancestral Dragons).

Still, if we go by the definition of gods being creators, then only Ashunera fits that bill to our knowledge (since she created basic life in Tellius).

My friend and I personally love this bit. That there aren't any true gods, but merely godlike beings. 

I mean, look at Ashunera and her two counterparts. As powerful as she is, that she created the land and life, there are many points I feel her power is inconsistent. 

She petrified the entire continent, but not the main party and their merchants. 

Ashera can revive the dead almost limitlessly, and we see Yune revive Lehran, but for some reason, Ashunera could not just revive everyone that she killed for some reason. I mean, even Mila shows to be able to perform many more revivals given the fact that those revival springs are infused with her powers. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

My friend and I personally love this bit. That there aren't any true gods, but merely godlike beings. 

I mean, look at Ashunera and her two counterparts. As powerful as she is, that she created the land and life, there are many points I feel her power is inconsistent. 

She petrified the entire continent, but not the main party and their merchants. 

Ashera can revive the dead almost limitlessly, and we see Yune revive Lehran, but for some reason, Ashunera could not just revive everyone that she killed for some reason. I mean, even Mila shows to be able to perform many more revivals given the fact that those revival springs are infused with her powers. 

The main characters were strong enough to resist the petrification, the merchants were in the building where the Medallion was- its chaos protected them. The dragons were strong enough to avoid petrification as well, however, in the Japanese it says some dragon elderly were petrified- they were too weak to resist. And of course, she didn't know about the Branded. It is very divine that she could be so specific with her continental nuke, only targeting Beorc and Laguz and leaving everything alone.

Ashera revived corpses, without souls. Can she revive the dead with souls? Tellius lacks an Aum/Valkyrie equivalent, so I'd say no. Yune saved a soul right in the grey zone between life and death- it was one case, when everything was calm around her. Saving everyone who dies in the middle of an ongoing battle or someone a day later would not be so possible if at all.

The Sacred Springs of Valentia are strange and really shouldn't/don't work with the narrative. They have generous uses and if the heroes thought to use them. Valkyrie and Aum having only one use make them not so bad in the narrative.

Ashunera and Ashera and Yune are real goddesses. They emerged from primordial watery chaos and created life itself. That is good enough for me.

But they aren't powerful enough you say? Phooey!

Fine. Ashunera is absolutely almighty, omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.

Because of these things, she never breaks into pieces because if the Beorc and Laguz got out of hand, it was because she willed or allowed it to be. If she didn't like them fighting, she, being the three omnis, could have stopped it with zero issues. If she broke into pieces, it would only be because she wanted it to be and she could reassemble herself freely. And if somebody tried to stop her from doing what she wants, force would be futile, because being omnipotent she cannot be defeated and she could crush them with the gentlest touch of her pinky toe. Persuasion alone will get her to change her mind, but persuasion has no chance of succeeding, since she is bound to no obligation, to nothing, she is all-free.

Therefore, Tellius as we know it could never happen, or would at least lose much of its depth. Ashunera would be hated if it turned out she just let Sephiran lose his powers and watch his people and many greats granddaughter die. If Ashunera let thousands nay millions of the living suffer. And if Ashunera was all-good, another god trait, then all that suffering was the best of all possible outcomes despite Ashunera having the absolute powers to stop it - maddening!

Gods can be no stronger than Greco-Roman/Shinto level in video games if one is to oppose them successfully or the gods to have tragedy and nuance to them. Making them Abrahamic would make them perfect and invincible, unable to lose to anything nor have much development.  Particularly if you attribute to that god the attribute of being all-good.

Even in SMT, YHVH is not invincible and almighty, he more or less is caught in my interpretation of the series to be stuck in an multiverse battle with Lucifer and the agents of chaos over each and every world. If God were almighty, Lucifer would never win, nor humans try to do without Him, unless He willed it, which I doubt.

You could make a game where the god is Abrahamic (or Buddhist or Hindu), but it would mean possibly: that God's good could never really lose, or that "victory" in opposing God is a farce without permanency if you "win" at all. These aren't bad ideas in themselves, but not what most people would like, the former is boring and the latter frustrating.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The main characters were strong enough to resist the petrification, the merchants were in the building where the Medallion was- its chaos protected them. The dragons were strong enough to avoid petrification as well, however, in the Japanese it says some dragon elderly were petrified- they were too weak to resist. And of course, she didn't know about the Branded. It is very divine that she could be so specific with her continental nuke, only targeting Beorc and Laguz and leaving everything alone.

Yune mentions that she did nothing. Meaning that she didn't protect them or reference that being near her protected them. Hell, even she's surprised that there are survivors as there are. Furthermore, the Feral Laguz and Izuka also avoided the petrification. Bastian, Tormod, etc. 

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ashera revived corpses, without souls. Can she revive the dead with souls? Tellius lacks an Aum/Valkyrie equivalent, so I'd say no. Yune saved a soul right in the grey zone between life and death- it was one case, when everything was calm around her. Saving everyone who dies in the middle of an ongoing battle or someone a day later would not be so possible if at all.

The Sacred Springs of Valentia are strange and really shouldn't/don't work with the narrative. They have generous uses and if the heroes thought to use them. Valkyrie and Aum having only one use make them not so bad in the narrative.

Lehran did have to technically die for the seal to be released, but even then, we've seen the case that Mila is able to perform much more revivals that are more perfected than what Ashera and Yune did.

In fact, the only reason the revival springs in Gaiden/Echoes are limited in use is because Mila was sealed.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ashunera and Ashera and Yune are real goddesses. They emerged from primordial watery chaos and created life itself. That is good enough for me.

Ashunera is the one that came from nowhere. Her counterparts came from her.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fine. Ashunera is absolutely almighty, omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.

She clearly isn't. Yune even says so.

But for what the Tellius series gives us, it feels really damn inconsistent. Feels more like, she's as strong as the plot demands.

37 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I think the intent is they're very strong and wield strong, wild powers, but aren't gods. They're not unstoppable (shown by their degeneration, their ability to still die by mortal hands) and there's still limits to what they can do (literally the crux of Naga's awakening rite which requires like 3 other things to work). But their power is what caused them to be worshipped since to humans they may as well be gods.

of all things, pokemon does the same thing. Sinnoh's legendaries are treated as/respected as gods, and they do in deed have fantastical powers, but they are not *literally* gods of ie space, time, emotions, etc. NPCs in game suggest that ancient peoples saw these pokemon's power, so respected them as gods. Even though in actuality most of them are just ridiculous wild animals

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

She clearly isn't. Yune even says so.

I was being hypothetical here. If you think she isn't a "real" god being too weak for one, I ran with what would happen if she was. And it isn't good. Almighty gods have little place in video games.

I read Paradise Lost, which includes a "War in Heaven" lasting three days between Lucifer and God.

What I would have liked- Gettysburg basically: Day 1- Luci victory, Day 2- draw God upper hand, Day 3- God decisively wins.

What I got: Day 1- Lucifer wins like half of it, God the other half, Day 2- God wins, Day 3- God kicks Lucifer out of Heaven with extreme ease.

BORING! If I were a Christian, it'd be good since its asserts God's almightiness, but as someone wanting entertainment, it is just plain boring to see Lucifer trashed so much. Something similar would unfold if Ashunera or any vg god was almighty, and that I think is bad. Therefore gods must be less than that to be entertaining. And a god can still be really really powerful but not almighty.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yune mentions that she did nothing. Meaning that she didn't protect them or reference that being near her protected them. Hell, even she's surprised that there are survivors as there are. Furthermore, the Feral Laguz and Izuka also avoided the petrification. Bastian, Tormod, etc. 

All can be explained as strong enough to resist petrification. 

And Yune herself did not have to willingly and actively protect the people inside the building, the chaos was just strong enough around her to keep away the petrification. Which I think can make sense, she is the embodiment of chaos itself.

Would you have liked the petrification to work on everyone? Fine, game is over. Would you have liked some other act of Ashera's godly power that wasn't the petrification? More reasonable, but I personally was fine with the stoning.

19 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I'm pretty sure the merchants themselves say they were protected by proximity in one of the following base conversations. Everyone else who was "strong enough" essentially had plot armour.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was being hypothetical here. If you think she isn't a "real" god being too weak for one, I ran with what would happen if she was. And it isn't good. Almighty gods have little place in video games.

I read Paradise Lost, which includes a "War in Heaven" lasting three days between Lucifer and God.

What I would have liked- Gettysburg basically: Day 1- Luci victory, Day 2- draw God upper hand, Day 3- God decisively wins.

What I got: Day 1- Lucifer wins like half of it, God the other half, Day 2- God wins, Day 3- God kicks Lucifer out of Heaven with extreme ease.

BORING! If I were a Christian, it'd be good since its asserts God's almightiness, but as someone wanting entertainment, it is just plain boring to see Lucifer trashed so much. Something similar would unfold if Ashunera or any vg god was almighty, and that I think is bad. Therefore gods must be less than that to be entertaining. And a god can still be really really powerful but not almighty.

And Yune herself did not have to willingly and actively protect the people inside the building, the chaos was just strong enough around her to keep away the petrification. Which I think can make sense, she is the embodiment of chaos itself.

Would you have liked the petrification to work on everyone? Fine, game is over. Would you have liked some other act of Ashera's godly power that wasn't the petrification? More reasonable, but I personally was fine with the stoning.

Digital Devil Saga seems to have an almighty (Hindu) god as the final boss. They get away with it in that the god isn't actually malicious. Even though it's power is absolute, it barely has any sentience, as the mind of a god is so far beyond that as a human as to be unrecognizable. It's just causing trouble by reacting to extreme human emotions calling out to it.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Digital Devil Saga seems to have an almighty (Hindu) god as the final boss. They get away with it in that the god isn't actually malicious. Even though it's power is absolute, it barely has any sentience, as the mind of a god is so far beyond that as a human as to be unrecognizable. It's just causing trouble by reacting to extreme human emotions calling out to it.

So that is the nature of Brahma? I never got to DDS2. Need to, but I no longer have a PS3 PS2 Classics DDS1 file to transfer over. Oh well, I can do without Heat, a couple spells, some rings and a Soma. Not going to replay DDS1 just to get all that.

The "God beyond human comprehension" approach works I guess for me as well. I can dig that there is a vast difference between the mortal mind and the divine. 

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So that is the nature of Brahma? I never got to DDS2. Need to, but I no longer have a PS3 PS2 Classics DDS1 file to transfer over. Oh well, I can do without Heat, a couple spells, some rings and a Soma. Not going to replay DDS1 just to get all that.

The "God beyond human comprehension" approach works I guess for me as well. I can dig that there is a vast difference between the mortal mind and the divine. 

I think it is at any rate. My save file in DDS2 got corrupted just before the second last dungeon, so I could only extrapolate based on watching the last cutscenes online. The characters have absolutely no illusions of dominating their god at any rate, just appeal to it to stop destroying the planet. Said appealing being in a massive dungeon and boss fight is just video game logic.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I'm pretty sure the merchants themselves say they were protected by proximity in one of the following base conversations. Everyone else who was "strong enough" essentially had plot armour.

Yeah, see? Pretty much that. It's all so very convenient that the main characters and the remaining villains are the ones that managed to avoid being petrified. Conveniently. Then she for some reason needs to recharge for another shot. And for some reason, despite how both Yune and Ashera have bee asleep, but Yune has actually been more active due to how she communicates with the Apostles and can manifest as a bird, Ashera somehow comes with all the power while Yune needs to recharge due to having "just woken up". 

It's these kinds of inconsistency that I feel is another reason why Radiant Dawn is not that great of a story. One time we think their powers are absolute. Then we see limits. Then we don't necessarily see the limits. 

Hell,  one could argue that Naga and Grima are a match for Ashera and Yune. 

I'll leave Ashunera out, since I do believe she's the strongest entity. Second to Apotheosis Anna.

Yeah, see? Pretty much that. It's all so very convenient that the main characters and the remaining villains are the ones that managed to avoid being petrified. Conveniently. Then she for some reason needs to recharge for another shot. And for some reason, despite how both Yune and Ashera have bee asleep, but Yune has actually been more active due to how she communicates with the Apostles and can manifest as a bird, Ashera somehow comes with all the power while Yune needs to recharge due to having "just woken up". 

It's these kinds of inconsistency that I feel is another reason why Radiant Dawn is not that great of a story. One time we think their powers are absolute. Then we see limits. Then we don't necessarily see the limits. 

Hell,  one could argue that Naga and Grima are a match for Ashera and Yune. 

I'll leave Ashunera out, since I do believe she's the strongest entity. Second to Apotheosis Anna.

Well if we examine their actual powers.

1.Reviving the dead

2.Creating a zombie army

3.Blessing or creating holy weapons

4.Resistance to anything but specific holy weapons

5.Petrifying almost every one on the continent to stone with a precision laser beam.

Only the last one is something we haven't seen Divine Dragons do...which isn't at all an indication that it's something they can't do. Turning people to stone (and curing them of that state) is a generic magic in many of the games (though as far Archanea goes, only Veld in Jugdral I think?) The biggest feet is the guided laser aspect of it.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well if we examine their actual powers.

1.Reviving the dead

2.Creating a zombie army

3.Blessing or creating holy weapons

4.Resistance to anything but specific holy weapons

5.Petrifying almost every one on the continent to stone with a precision laser beam.

Only the last one is something we haven't seen Divine Dragons do...which isn't at all an indication that it's something they can't do. Turning people to stone (and curing them of that state) is a generic magic in many of the games (though as far Archanea goes, only Veld in Jugdral I think?) The biggest feet is the guided laser aspect of it.

Fun fact, in one of Kaga's notes in Genealogy, the Book of Naga can actually remove petrification done on people.

Awakening Naga evolved to the point that now she can manipulate space-time.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Then she for some reason needs to recharge for another shot. And for some reason, despite how both Yune and Ashera have bee asleep, but Yune has actually been more active due to how she communicates with the Apostles and can manifest as a bird, Ashera somehow comes with all the power while Yune needs to recharge due to having "just woken up". 

Ashera was tucked away in a giant magical tower, Yune was in a little medallion. Ashera I guess could have accrued a massive reserve of strength via it.

And we don't actually know who spoke to all the Apostles. We know Yune spoke with Micaiah, but we don't know about everyone else. It could have been Ashera with her being inside the Tower of Guidance which is in Sienne, where the Apostles resided.

The nature of the Goddesses being a bit strange is addressed in the Japanese Extended Script:

Spoiler

Sothe:
“…But isn’t that strange? The dark god was still sleeping in the medallion before being released by your galldr of release. If that’s the case, how could she warn you about danger and fly around as a little bird?”

Micaiah:
“But… it’s the truth. Don’t forget that Yune is a goddess. It wouldn’t be at all surprising if she had powers that we couldn’t dream of. Even as she slept, she watched over us. Yune loves beorc and laguz with all her heart. I can feel it when she speaks through me.”

10 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yeah, see? Pretty much that. It's all so very convenient that the main characters and the remaining villains are the ones that managed to avoid being petrified. Conveniently.

Again I'll ask, what alternative would you have preferred? No hostility in this question.

Awakening Naga evolved to the point that now she can manipulate space-time.

Death to the Outrealms, death to mythological powercreep because its more epic. 

If Tellius got a remake, either Ashunera will kowtow to Naga *spits on her feet*, or Ashunera will gain the same and equalize the playing field.

Naga pre-Awakening was less than Ashera and Yune, much less. A mortal she was, just a really strong mortal. 

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Fun fact, in one of Kaga's notes in Genealogy, the Book of Naga can actually remove petrification done on people.

I doubt that. Petrification as a status does not exist in FE4. Stone came into being only with FE5.

Ashera was tucked away in a giant magical tower, Yune was in a little medallion. Ashera I guess could have accrued a massive reserve of strength via it.

Don't forget Yune was being punished by getting put in the medallion. She wiped out half the world with a giant tidal wave and was defeated in a war against Ashera. It makes sense that she has access to less power as she was sort of the bad guy last time they were awake (even if they sort of forgave her, oh and put "creating a giant tidal wave" as something Divine Dragons are never seen doing. Though, I could imagine Grima capable of doing that just by going for a swim, and Mila was able to build something that contains enough water to flood half her continent).

Naga pre-Awakening was less than Ashera and Yune, much less. A mortal she was, just a really strong mortal. 

Don't forget, Tiki's powers were said to be strong enough to destroy the world, as far back as the third game (I think? Certainly in Shadow Dragon which is preAwakening).

Edited by Jotari

And we don't actually know who spoke to all the Apostles. We know Yune spoke with Micaiah, but we don't know about everyone else. It could have been Ashera with her being inside the Tower of Guidance which is in Sienne, where the Apostles resided.

Actually, it has been Yune that guided all the Apostles. This is because according to Yune, Ashera has kept herself isolated from others, which is what made her become as cold as she did, when she actually wasn't this cold back then. If she communicated with the Apostles, that implies she was not isolated. Yune's love for the others is because she was never isolated and thus continued to love the species.

Death to the Outrealms, death to mythological powercreep because its more epic. 

If Tellius got a remake, either Ashunera will kowtow to Naga *spits on her feet*, or Ashunera will gain the same and equalize the playing field.

Eh, with Echoes, even pre-Awakening Naga is clearly powerful, as her power clashing with Duma and Mila basically resulted in the entire heaven and earth shaking and catastrophic damage being dealt. 

But hey, Naga's my favorite dragon, and is very likely the strongest. But I bet that if Naga met with Ashunera or even Yune, she would get along rather well with them. Naga would likely have the utmost respect for them, while Ashunera and Yune would enjoy her company and give her praises as well. 

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Again I'll ask, what alternative would you have preferred? No hostility in this question.

If Yune actually played a more active role. Like if she was actively protecting everyone, like the only reason they didn't get petrified is because while Ashera petrified most of the continent, Yune had been able to use her powers to protect others. That it isn't some plot convenience like "the strong manage to endure" and more just because Yune has been protecting them all this time. It works out much better in showing the two opposing forces of order and chaos. 

So the story would be that while Yune protects everyone from Ashera's powers to petrify them, they use her blessings to defeat her before it's too late or something. 

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I doubt that. Petrification as a status does not exist in FE4. Stone came into being only with FE5.

Like I said, it was in Kaga's notes:

At this time, Alvis was plagued by nightmares every night, tormented by his loneliness. If he and Azel reunited, his heart would have been moved. However Manfroy wouldn’t allow something like that to happen. As soon as he appeared at the palace, Azel was petrified using magic and sent to a deep sleep that he would not awaken from for a long time. When he finally awoke, it would be ten years later, when Yuria had received the power of Narga and was able to use advanced magic to undo his petrification at the recently unearthed secret basement underneath the royal palace.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Actually, it has been Yune that guided all the Apostles. This is because according to Yune, Ashera has kept herself isolated from others, which is what made her become as cold as she did, when she actually wasn't this cold back then. If she communicated with the Apostles, that implies she was not isolated. Yune's love for the others is because she was never isolated and thus continued to love the species.

Eh, with Echoes, even pre-Awakening Naga is clearly powerful, as her power clashing with Duma and Mila basically resulted in the entire heaven and earth shaking and catastrophic damage being dealt. 

But hey, Naga's my favorite dragon, and is very likely the strongest. But I bet that if Naga met with Ashunera or even Yune, she would get along rather well with them. Naga would likely have the utmost respect for them, while Ashunera and Yune would enjoy her company and give her praises as well. 

If Yune actually played a more active role. Like if she was actively protecting everyone, like the only reason they didn't get petrified is because while Ashera petrified most of the continent, Yune had been able to use her powers to protect others. That it isn't some plot convenience like "the strong manage to endure" and more just because Yune has been protecting them all this time. It works out much better in showing the two opposing forces of order and chaos. 

So the story would be that while Yune protects everyone from Ashera's powers to petrify them, they use her blessings to defeat her before it's too late or something. 

Like I said, it was in Kaga's notes:

I reckon they didn't have Yune protect everyone is because they hadn't fitted Bastian and Renning into the plot before that point, and they also wanted Caineghis to show up in the finale.