What is this "shook" and "woke" meme things

Junkhead

it's probably AAVE originally. shook just means shaken, woke means 'awake' but in the sense of 'wake up sheeple'. to be woke is to be a socially conscious citizen and kind of a smug dickhead about it.

also there is basically nothing in the world you should 'take pride in not knowing'.

Edited by Parrhesia

Nah there's definitely stuff you shouldn't wanna know, if only because that knowledge might uh...imply things about you

and meme rabbit holes miiiiight be one of them 

3 hours ago, Parrhesia said:

also there is basically nothing in the world you should 'take pride in not knowing'.

yeah I'm going to have to disagree on at least everything meme-related

6 minutes ago, fartboi said:

you shouldn't feel proud about not knowing things, that's stupid and pretentious

You know the expression "ignorance is bliss"? Sometimes it works, others it does not.

And what is wrong with not knowing memes? Or not knowing what your parents were feeling and thinking the moment they conceived you? Brain bleach imaginarily exists because of things you can't unsee but wish you never knew existed once you see them. Like Mega Man I & III DOS for me recently. Uggggggggh! That is a terrible looking knockoff. Get me some brain bleach right now!