General Character Usefulness Discussion

Smfthegeek

~Welcome~

Here is a place to discuss:

Character Builds, Character usefulness, and Skills. Basically anything about the characters you’d like to discuss

Edited by smfthegeek

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's a refresher unit, of course she's worth it! She's also fairly speedy and can hit well enough too.

EDIT: Oh, this isn't in the Heroes board. For some reason I thought it was.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

She's a refresher unit, of course she's worth it! She's also fairly speedy and can hit well enough too.

EDIT: Oh, this isn't in the Heroes board. For some reason I thought it was.

ya this is for warriors lol. her refresh unit here is mediocre and unneeded and she cant take any hits

9 minutes ago, smfthegeek said:

ya this is for warriors lol. her refresh unit here is mediocre and unneeded and she cant take any hits

then you just answered your own question

She’s one of two spear users who don’t worry about arrows without a special skill and her res lets her deal with mages.  Her singing takes shenanigans involving time/moving/menu swapping to maximize if that becomes a constraint or an annoyance.  She has a good skill for a pair up bot.  Otherwise she’s generally inferior to other spear users but it hasn’t stopped me from S ranks in situations where she has weapon advantage.

No, she's the best character EVAR!!! U must use her, because she's best waifu!!!

Am I a credible member of the Fire Emblem community now?

Jokes aside, I found little use for her, since I already gave all of my Pegs Iote's Shield. Playing as her, I found her incredibly clunky and uncomfortable to play as. My Dancer of choice is definitely Olivia and if I want a Spear user, I have Shiida.
Her personal skill is pretty useful on all support units, though. Especially if you combine it with Robin's Solidarity.

I would say it depends on your definition of "worth." While there are certainly some less-good movesets (Corrin), everyone in this game is pretty viable. If you're having trouble with her, maybe she's not leveled enough for what you're doing, or doesn't have the right skills, or doesn't have the right weapon/weapon attributes, or any combination of the above. You say your problem with her has been defense, something that doesn't normally matter at all for me.

Don't forget that her sing will work on her support unit when paired up. Makes it easier to get dual specials, especially with uncontrollable allies.

Surprised people are saying this. I find Azura to be insanely effective to use in every situation and is my go-to "easy mode" character when I just want to get a map completed.

Edited by dmurr

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

No, she's the best character EVAR!!! U must use her, because she's best waifu!!!

Am I a credible member of the Fire Emblem community now?

Jokes aside, I found little use for her, since I already gave all of my Pegs Iote's Shield. Playing as her, I found her incredibly clunky and uncomfortable to play as. My Dancer of choice is definitely Olivia and if I want a Spear user, I have Shiida.
Her personal skill is pretty useful on all support units, though. Especially if you combine it with Robin's Solidarity.

Truthfully I always pair her up with my Lyn and they destroy everything but I find shes pretty inferior to my Caeda and her wing spear on her own. Most of my characters are 100-108 in level btw. I'm probably gonna keep her in my main 4 just to be a pair up beast with Lyn. I may swap between Tharja and Elise for my Magic user depending on the situation.

1 hour ago, dmurr said:

Surprised people are saying this. I find Azura to be insanely effective to use in every situation and is my go-to "easy mode" character when I just want to get a map completed.

Funnily enough, the other lance user from the Fates DLC is my go-to for mop-up jobs.

Anyway, it's a matter of playstyle that will dictate if you do well with a character or not.  If you aren't doing well with Azura, it isn't because you picked a bad character; it's because she isn't suited to your way of playing.

I myself don't work well with any of the lance users besides Oboro.  I'm just not all that adjusted to Azura's moveset, and the pegasus knights are really floaty, so it's hard to go for precision with them.  Truth be told, I have a difficult time dueling with any mounted units; I always am just zipping past the opponents.  I prefer the infantry characters for this reason.

Azura is my best unit in the game XD I really liked her singing moveset (and finally a not flying lance unit), so i put Ryoma's and Marth's skills on her, and she quilckly became very strong. Maybe her map was easy or I liked it, but she was the first character I unlocked the ultimate weapon stat (for 720 attack) and even now I only have 3 XD

Most of my units are level ~70 but she just got 100...

Azura is really solid, plus the refreshing abillity is fairly useful if you wanna make things easier in terms of Dual Specials. 

Plus a non Pegasus Knight lancer, even if Caeda has gotten massively buffed via the Wing Spear, since the Pegasus Moveset is kinda awkward for most people, its nice to have Azura & Oboro around.

8 hours ago, smfthegeek said:

Truthfully I always pair her up with my Lyn and they destroy everything but I find shes pretty inferior to my Caeda and her wing spear on her own. Most of my characters are 100-108 in level btw. I'm probably gonna keep her in my main 4 just to be a pair up beast with Lyn. I may swap between Tharja and Elise for my Magic user depending on the situation.

I wasn't trying to convince you to stop using her, just offering my own stance on things. Just because I don't use her, doesn't mean anyone else shouldn't, either.
My statement at the beginning was just a joke, nothing more.

My strongest unit at the moment is Celica at level 114, everyone else is about to reach level 100, some of my secondary mains have surpassed it (Lyn, Shiida, Lissa, Tiki).

8 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Anyway, it's a matter of playstyle that will dictate if you do well with a character or not.  If you aren't doing well with Azura, it isn't because you picked a bad character; it's because she isn't suited to your way of playing.

^This.

21 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I wasn't trying to convince you to stop using her, just offering my own stance on things. Just because I don't use her, doesn't mean anyone else shouldn't, either.
My statement at the beginning was just a joke, nothing more.

My strongest unit at the moment is Celica at level 114, everyone else is about to reach level 100, some of my secondary mains have surpassed it (Lyn, Shiida, Lissa, Tiki).

^This.

Honestly thats very true. My playstyle is very agressive which is why Lyn is my go to. However Azura always does so well when paired up with Lyn I’ll probably keep her in the mix of characters I use.

20 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Funnily enough, the other lance user from the Fates DLC is my go-to for mop-up jobs.

I myself don't work well with any of the lance users besides Oboro.  I'm just not all that adjusted to Azura's moveset, and the pegasus knights are really floaty, so it's hard to go for precision with them.  Truth be told, I have a difficult time dueling with any mounted units; I always am just zipping past the opponents.  I prefer the infantry characters for this reason.

I totally agree with you. Seems like everyone's always talking about how bad Corrin is, but I've always thought she was super fun to play. 

Azura is probably the worst of the 5 Lance users in this game. And honestly she's worse than a good amount of the characters too.

However, "worse than a good amount of the characters" in this case still means "fairly solid" in terms of what challenges she can tackle,  so she's still going to be decent in your hands if you decide to learn how to use her.

• Smfthegeek changed the title to General Character Usefulness Discussion
2 hours ago, smfthegeek said:

Well, how do you guys feel about Elise/Leo compared to Tharja/Robin?

Well, the Dark Knight moveset is probably the second best tome moveset after the Mage moveset, so I use both Robin and Leo.

I honestly prefer Linde to the mage cavaliers.  I'm not even kidding.

I prefer Tharja the most, though.  Yeah, she has essentially the same moveset as Robin, but she has a different later combo and I swear she attacks at least slightly faster.  And I just like her as a character better.

And in regards to Leo vs. Elise, Elise is better in pretty much every meaningful way.  And there's the fact that Elise can use staves which increases her utility.

19 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I honestly prefer Linde to the mage cavaliers.  I'm not even kidding.

I prefer Tharja the most, though.  Yeah, she has essentially the same moveset as Robin, but she has a different later combo and I swear she attacks at least slightly faster.  And I just like her as a character better.

And in regards to Leo vs. Elise, Elise is better in pretty much every meaningful way.  And there's the fact that Elise can use staves which increases her utility.

I agree with this. I find Linde to be the best tome user her moves just seem to have a wider aoe, especially her C5 and C6.

Same with Tharja. Even without astra, I found her to be a bi faster then Robin. Also yeah Elise is better because she has better damage out put and staff utility.

9 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Yeah, she has essentially the same moveset as Robin, but she has a different later combo and I swear she attacks at least slightly faster.

I'm reasonably certain Tharja's C6, despite technically being a different attack (Goetia instead of Rexaura), has the same hitbox and frame data as Robin's.

11 hours ago, Azz said:

I agree with this. I find Linde to be the best tome user her moves just seem to have a wider aoe, especially her C5 and C6.

Same with Tharja. Even without astra, I found her to be a bi faster then Robin. Also yeah Elise is better because she has better damage out put and staff utility.

I find Linde's hitboxes to be too frontloaded and her C1 to be unreliable. Far from the best.

Tharja, from what I can tell, is not faster than Robin. At most, she has his attack speed.