General Character Usefulness Discussion

Smfthegeek

11 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

I get that, and wasn't trying to contest how useful Linde was.  Just pointing out that it at least may be possible for it to hit behind her in some way, though not significantly enough to mitigate how open it otherwise leaves her.

I'm also not sure how useful my information is, as it happened it's only happened once, and it was when I whiffed the C1 completely and the captain ended up behind me.  So I don't know if it's even repeatable.  Was just putting out that I saw it happen.

I know this solution would cost a weapon slot on Aura, but giving her critical focus removes the need to use her c1 because she can easily break vanilla gauges. Also, how do people record and transfer switch footage like that?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, AJ Okami said:

I wouldn't say Lissa is low tier. Her C6 is amazing at racking up KOs and her C5 can instantly break white stun gauges (non character captains). Also, her C1 raises all her stats and if you give her weapon topsy-tuvey (or with statflip as well), she becomes significantly stronger and the best magic dealing axe user. Her luck is pretty decent too so she can utilise Lethality and Luna well.

The problem with Warriors games tier lists is that EVERYONE is really good. Even Corrin can dominate pretty comfortably (although she does struggle a lot with wave clear and possibly can't even S rank certain 5 minute maps unless you're very lucky or skilled). So bear that in mind as we break down these points:

"Her C6 is amazing at racking up KOs" - It's a C6, meaning it's got to go through S1-5 before it can be even used. It's also a relatively slow C6 as I recall. Someone did a lot of testing on racking up KOs, and overall Lissa places pretty low, with C6 being her best option - but the majority of characters can rack up KOs faster.

"her C5 can instantly break white stun gauges (non character captains)"  - Totally unremarkable. Almost everyone can break generics stun gauges with ease, many can do it quicker than Lissa as well.

"Also, her C1 raises all her stats" - Well, it raises her Str/Mag/Def/Res by 25%. If it raised luck as well I'd definitely place her higher. I'm mostly assuming 720 power weapons and optimised skill sets here though, and +25% Str or Mag to her doesn't add all that much damage. Even at level 150 with Topsy Turvy, it's only about a 4.2% damage increase, and while the 25% extra defences are nice, her defence stat is still bad regardless - and both defences don't matter all that much in general.

"and if you give her weapon topsy-tuvey (or with statflip as well), she becomes significantly stronger and the best magic dealing axe user" - Best magic dealing axe user yes, definitely - but how useful is that, really? The damage increase from Topsy-Turvy is only about 5.7%, but it also forces you to target Res instead of Def, which is generally not ideal. Plus, weapon slots are very valuable - using one or even worse two for TT+SF really limits her other options. I think this is a good idea for variety purposes (Mine has those two skills for instance), but it does leave Lissa lacking potential better options, so for an optimised build it's less good.

"Her luck is pretty decent too so she can utilise Lethality and Luna well." - It's a little above average, certainly, although it's not anything too amazing. Definitely better than the other axes, but they all have other extra properties that are useful.

Lissa isn't terrible by any stretch (again, this is Warriors, it's more a measure of who is more OP than others) but she is a little more lacking compared to many others. Her crowd clear is well below average, her character officer dueling is poor (she struggles to break white stun gauges quickly, especially on mounted/flying/heavy foes she can't C5 drag along), many of her charges are a bit slow... she has staves, and her C1 makes her very solid early on if you can grab her a Topsy-Turvy Axe, but postgame, she's nothing special.

Edited by Tables

1 hour ago, smfthegeek said:

I know this solution would cost a weapon slot on Aura, but giving her critical focus removes the need to use her c1 because she can easily break vanilla gauges.

To each their own. I would say it's a waste of a weapon slot for them.

1 hour ago, smfthegeek said:

Also, how do people record and transfer switch footage like that?

People use HD capture cards such as Elgato and Hauppauge brands.

Edited by MrPerson0

This won't be an issue for me too much longer because I'm getting to the point where any character I have any interest has been funded already. However, between Lyn and Navarre, are the stat differences between the two enough of a difference to affect overall performance in a luck based move-set? Although, if I do fund Navarre he may not run off of a luck based move-set entirely. I may give him lone wolf? If any of you have a good Lyn and Navarre build please share >.<

Lyn and Navarre aren't really that different. Navarre has higher luck and Strength so hits a bit harder, Lyn has better defences so takes a little less damage (she has less HP but it doesn't mitigate the defensive lead). That makes Navarre statistically better, but Lyn's free Dracoslayer makes her better overall, I would say. There's not a whole lot between them though in general.

Not sure where to ask this, but does Tharja have something that I'm missing besides Vengeance? She's essentially a weaker Robin with less Skl/Luk.

I wouldn't mind Vengeance if it didn't lead to that annoying "UR HP IZ LOW!!!" noise. Like. Duh. I know it's low. I let it get that low on purpose. So there has to be something else the gorl has.

16 minutes ago, Lil Puddin said:

Not sure where to ask this, but does Tharja have something that I'm missing besides Vengeance? She's essentially a weaker Robin with less Skl/Luk.

I wouldn't mind Vengeance if it didn't lead to that annoying "UR HP IZ LOW!!!" noise. Like. Duh. I know it's low. I let it get that low on purpose. So there has to be something else the gorl has.

Well, Vengeance isn't really limited to her since any character can obtain that skill through support grinding. As you said, she is just a weaker Robin in terms of strength. She has higher Def and Speed, but that really shouldn't matter thanks to Galeforce and Prayer Crests / maintaining Awakening with Galeforce.