A Weapon/Smithy/Silver and Gold Guide for SoV

I’ve taken an interest in Shadows of Valentia’s weapons and weapon system, so I’ve been assembling something of a guide for it. Going over when weapons are available, a breakdown of the usefulness of each of them, and also where the Silver and Gold needed to make them can be found- to get the idea of the average "wallet" of Silver and Gold on a no-grind no-DLC run.

Nothing so specific like “Berkut Act 4 Battle Knights number 8, all packing Javelins, and have 33 HP, 1 Res, and 17 Def, a max forged Lightning Sword ORKOs them”, just more general descriptions and uses. I do some comparative stuff between the weapons as well. Basically me taking the information of SF and my own observations and crafting a guide out it, to make things less intimidating for players. I would be open to putting the content here for people to debate about my analyses.

I know this is late to the game’s popularity and mass play, but any interest? Should it go on the SoV mainsite page or stickied in the SoV forum?

I haven’t ever tackled Thabes yet, so I can’t really apply things I’ve analyzed would apply there. I could certainly get to that thought, won't be hard or long to do.

It’s little messy so far, but if someone wants to edit the formatting and organization (perhaps take my statements of min and max values for a weapon and put them, along with the maxing costs, into two lines before I begin my explanation of any weapon?), they can proofread and edit at will. I’ve more or less dealt with the topic of Bows in full. Swords and Lances need a little more work . And I still need finish the section on Silver and Gold sources liquid and solid (items that are good to trade in), as well as on calculations.

Don't expect it to be finished/posted in full until sometime in May.

By the way, just in case nobody noticed already, effective bonuses in SoV are odd:

Effective bonus = 3xMt

However, the effective bonus varies depending on whether the effectiveness comes passively from the weapon or through a Combat Art.

If the weapon provides the effective bonus passively- the Rapier, Ridersbane, the Blessed weapons, Falchion, and any Bow, then only the weapon’s Mt is multiplied, not the Combat Art’s Mt addition. Tested via Leon attacking a Sylvan Shrine Gargoyle with a Killer Bow. With a normal attack, he would deal 25 damage, with Hunter’s Volley, it would be 26. HV adds 1 Mt, if it were multiplied, he should be dealing 28.

If the weapon’s effective bonus comes from a Combat Art, then only the Mt of the Combat Art is multiplied. Tested via a 15 Atk Jesse using a Brave Sword’s Grounder on a 9 Def Sylvan Shrine Gargoyle. The Brave Sword was forged from 5 to 6 Mt, since Grounder offers +5 Mt and I need to be able to identify what was being multiplied. Jesse was displayed dealing 27 damage to the Gargoyle.

If base Mt was being multiplied 15 + 6x3 + 5 = 38 - 9 = 29

If Combat Art added Mt was being multiplied 15 + 6 + 5x3 = 36 - 9 = 27

If both Combat Art Mt and base Mt were being multiplied 15 + (6+5)*3 = 48 - 9 = 39

As a result, forging weapons with Combat Arts with effective bonuses isn't really worth it if all you're trying to boost their damage against effective targets.

It also means Tigerstance outdoes anything effective bonus CA on a Dread Fighter. Since the most Mt offered by any of these CAs is 6, 6x3 = 18. And Tigerstance adds +5 Mt and the user's Skill, which for a DF is at least 16, for a total of 21 Mt, and no effective CA can double.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Some of your information should probably make its way to the site like the exact damage multipliers and how they’re applied for bane weapons and their passive abilities.  As far as exactly where to find and source marks...I don’t think that’s as important.