• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragoncat

• null

• Sooks

• DragonFlames

...Would you believe me if I told you that some dinosaurs may have survived?

Why do I keep forgetting that Mortal Kombat X has been out for several years now?

21 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

...Would you believe me if I told you that some dinosaurs may have survived?

Yes, because most birds are direct descendants of dinosaurs (that chicken you're eating? Yeah, that used to be a T-Rex once. Let that sink in) and some reptiles like crocodiles have been around even longer than they have.

21 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Why do I keep forgetting that Mortal Kombat X has been out for several years now?

Because the game probably wasn't memorable enough for you.

Have you ever played a game that is widely beloved by its franchises fanbase, but you couldn't really enjoy it, no matter how hard you tried?

Possibly. He's popular enough that it would spark the interest of several people, and if the gameplay is interesting, then it's audience would grow.

14 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Because the game probably wasn't memorable enough for you.

Me, recovering from surgery in 2015, reading a random gaming magazine: "So they're making another Mortal Kombat game? I don't like the series, but I don't have much else to read at the moment. Apparently they're adding animations in the move list to show newcomers and veterans alike what each special move does? That's nice. And they have jumpscares in this tower thing? And there's some online function, and *yawn *I feel groggy. I think I'll skip to the information about the Star Wars battlefront game."

Me, in 2017, watching an Outsidexbox video: "Whenever someone talk about Mortal Kombat, they keep showing that same fatality. It's getting a little old. Although to be fair it's a very good way of showing how violent Mortal Kombat can be without showing any actual violence. After all, the guy puts his magic saw hat into the ground, and then throws his opponent towards it. Their head is inches above the moving blade, so try to get back up, but then the guy presses his foot against them. They visibly struggle, and the video editors can cut away before anything actually happens, leaving the end result to the audiences imagination. Overall, a good way of showing how violent the Mortal Kombat can be without actually showing any blood and gore."

"Wait a second... those graphics look a little to recent to be oh my gosh!"

That was paraphrased, of course, but I really did forget that the game existed for several years.

Does sneezing affect hearing in any way?

Arcade games don't have pause menus. They don't want you getting more than your money's worth.

Interesting fact about the past; Originally, if an arcade game didn't defeat the player within two minutes, it wasn't considered difficult enough.

There's the phrase “let the cat out of the bag”, but what do you call the process of putting the cat into the bag?

I would read the Bible and spend time with God. I would also spend the day with family and friends. I would have my eyes opened and realize the things of the world are temporary and don't matter in the end, and would gladly sacrifice them. I would also realize the things that live on after death, and aim to use my final moments wisely.

I would also talk with my lawyer one last time to see if my last will is all in place. As well as the funeral arranger. And I would make peace with the few people I've made enemies with over my life.

What exactly are villains laughing at? They seem to do it all the time.

Well, I'll need a little time to wake up.

Which is ironic since by the time this is posted, I really should be heading off to bed.

What the heck is the context here:

Spoiler

tumblr_lxwx44WKsD1qagpnjo1_1280.jpg