• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragoncat

• twilit

• Sooks

• DragonFlames

It doesn't specify whether the feet have BAD luck or GOOD luck for the rabbit because the feet aren't biased like that.

If duct tape fixes everything, why is it not fixing my wounds?

This is beyond my ability to heal, you need elvish medicine.(I definitely didn't watch The Lord of The Rings last night)

Where do you put the 51st person on a bus with a 50 person carrying capacity?

Well, first of all: Irony. Second, you're probably in the world of Emergency Call Ambulance, and should definitely get out as soon as possible, as I've never actually seen someone beat the first level of the game in real life.

Why aren't Kamui and Valbar in Fire Emblem Heroes yet?

Kamui: We already have him! Corrin?
Valbar: Nobody likes him.

Why did everyone get a text from the president yesterday?

We did?

But on a more serious note, didn't they do the national testing thing last Wednesday? Everyone's phones were shaking in physics class, and then the teacher confirmed that it was some kind of test. I also didn't get a text from the president, but I'm curious if that was only for certain phones and/or wireless providers.

In The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, did each of the sages die in their respective temples?

48 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Why did everyone get a text from the president yesterday?

34 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

We did?

I never got anything and neither did my mom and a few other people on facebook. Weird.

35 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

In The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, did each of the sages die in their respective temples?

I'd say no, but I could be wrong.

Adding onto that question, in Twilight Princess, why do the sages have disattached mask faces?

16 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Adding onto that question, in Twilight Princess, why do the sages have disattached mask faces?

i played TP like 10 years ago and only part of the way through, so my memory is fuzzy and my knowledge incomplete. i will blindly answer: they need to have some breathing room and wearing a mask straight on is suffocating. self-care, self-care...

why did we start cooking meat instead of eating it raw?

i got that text, testing the alert system so if we go to war/state of emergency everyone informed but apparently not everyone, my roomy didn't get the text either

Edited by wizzard of soz

Because we realised that if we take the time to subject our resources to complex and time-intensive procedures that consume even more resources, then the resource that has been subject to such processing will be perceived as possessing greater value by virtue of having had time and resources wasted upon its production. In other words, it makes us who cook look cooler than those who eat their meat raw. 

Never mind that fire is hot.

For what reason is sleep necessary?

Edited by Suzaku (Ryuu)

Because you'll die if you don't sleep regularly. That's not even a joke. Insomnia can straight up kill you. Scary stuff, when you really think about it.
I think it has something to do with the brain needing time to process the information we take in during the day, hence why we dream, but I'm no expert on these things.

What is a "Hasta" and why can it be a king? (in reference to the ultimate lance from FE7: Rex Hasta)

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Because you'll die if you don't sleep regularly. That's not even a joke. Insomnia can straight up kill you. Scary stuff, when you really think about it.
I think it has something to do with the brain needing time to process the information we take in during the day, hence why we dream, but I'm no expert on these things.

What is a "Hasta" and why can it be a king? (in reference to the ultimate lance from FE7: Rex Hasta)

it's Hasta because the enemies go Hasta Luego when they get hit by it

if a stranger knocked on your door and asked to use the bathroom would you let them?

Depends on what they look like. I'm not letting somebody who looks like a thug or a smelly hobo or a crackhead into my house.

Why is there a plant that smells like rotten flesh?

Edited by Dragoncat

It attracts fly's, bugs, and other scavengers to gather and share pollen. Some carrion flowers even temporarily trap insects in order to ensure that this process occurs.

Why am I playing a PC remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden?

3 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

A PC remake of Gaiden even exists? You sure you're not emulating?

Granted, the links in the thread itself don't work, but you can still find working ones in a reddit post if you google it. The game is pretty odd, too. Magic costs MP, healers don't have Nosferatu but they have a normal magic spell instead, units can't double if they are being attacked, a person can wield a weapon, shield, and ring at the same time, and Grey, Robin, and Fols (Forsyth) are females.

6 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

What if cows could fly?

Then it would have taken several years, if not decades or even centuries, for them to become domesticated animals. During that time, they are seen as nothing more than another animal that is hunted for meat, and it would be a while before someone discovered that they provide milk. Thus, milk and cheese are invented much later than they are in the current timeline.

What is the point of the pinky finger?