Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer

Dragoncat

2 hours ago, SMEDIA said:

The fortune cookie was invented by American restaurants; do you think this pisses off the Chinese owners/managers of Chinese food restaurants?

They probably don't give a crap. If anything, they just see it as another way to get more money out of (gullible) customers.

2 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

If Trump had a shoe thrown at him like Bush did, would the secret service yell "Donald duck"?

One of them might. The rest would either tackle the president to the ground to forcibly get him to duck, take the bullet, er, shoe, as a human shield, or knock/catch the shoe out of the air like a ninja.

This is a thing:

Why is this a thing?

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragoncat

• twilit

• Sooks

• DragonFlames

The lady was poor and Gaston comes from a rich family.

Or Gaston's parents own an egg farm and they're stingy.

In Hunchback of Notre Dame, why did Esmeralda and Phoebus name their son Zephyr?

Then she gets wounded in combat and can never fight again.

Why is Final Fantasy Tactics Advance an absolutely horrible game compared to the original FFT on PlayStation? I mean, why break a great idea for gameplay by doing things that infuriate the player?

10 minutes ago, SMEDIA said:

Because that’s a nice thing you do; you should keep helping people.

Will I ever become a published author (not self publishing; I want to actually earn some money)?

Thanks.

If you put your effort into it, it'll happen eventually.

Who in their right mind would want to be my friend?

30 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Screenshots or it didn't happen.

I got something even better, the terms of services themselves.

"IMPORTANT NOTICE: THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. IT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AS DETAILED IN THE DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER SECTION BELOW. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY."

Specifically the DISPUTE RESOLUTION section is the one that says it right out. You can opt-out by emailing arbitration-opt-out@discord.com within 30 days of the ToS taking effect, which was October 16. So you only have 28 days left now (or 27, depending on where you live) at the time I am posting this. 

As far as my extremely limited knowledge of overseas laws go, I don't think that it would really affect anyone in Europe or Australia, but I would still email the address just to be sure.

Here's a reddit post with the Discrod staff explaining why they added this to the ToS! 

This is why you always read the Terms of Services people.

Anyway, enough with that.

29 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Do you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?

Jokes on you, I have no significant other! So take that! HA!

Yo yo yo yo yo diggity dawg, how's it hangin'?

Edited by IfIHadToPickADude
Forgot to add some more general advice.

43 minutes ago, IfIHadToPickADude said:

I got something even better, the terms of services themselves.

"IMPORTANT NOTICE: THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. IT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AS DETAILED IN THE DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER SECTION BELOW. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY."

Specifically the DISPUTE RESOLUTION section is the one that says it right out. You can opt-out by emailing arbitration-opt-out@discord.com within 30 days of the ToS taking effect, which was October 16. So you only have 28 days left now (or 27, depending on where you live) at the time I am posting this. 

As far as my extremely limited knowledge of overseas laws go, I don't think that it would really affect anyone in Europe or Australia, but I would still email the address just to be sure.

Here's a reddit post with the Discrod staff explaining why they added this to the ToS! 

This is why you always read the Terms of Services people.

Anyway, enough with that.

That's...nuts. The reddit post doesn't say why though, it just says they did. Not that I'll ever be in a position to sue Discord anyway.

15 minutes ago, IfIHadToPickADude said:

Hey! What gives?

LIfe. It's giving you lemons so you can make lemonade.

Is it actually possible to have a birthmark shaped like fruit?

It has connections to actual witches and pagan religions.

Could a eunuch be able to find a unicorn, or would that be considered cheating?

No because the eunuch is still considered male, even if he can't perform male sexual functions. Like my cat is fixed and I don't call him a girl. Unicorns will only appear to maidens, meaning females.

Why is there no mascot for Halloween? Like Christmas has Santa and Valentine's Day has Cupid?

Because it's always nice to catch up with a friend you haven't talked to in a while.

People mention The Oregon Trail, but why does almost no one talk about The Oregon Trail Deluxe Edition, which is the best version of the game?