Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer

Dragoncat

Because 4X games often pull them off without any story elements.

Why do some fictional militaries seem to ignore morality to the point of stupidity?

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragoncat

• null

• Sooks

• DragonFlames

To make it easier for the reader to hate them and / or identify them as villains.
Though considering how fast morality often falls to the wayside during real life wars (see Vietnam, for instance), I don't think it's that unrealistic to assume it could happen in fictional worlds, too.

Where does the saying "I told you so" come from?

Before writing was established, when a smart human told a dumb human not to do something, only for them to do it anyway, with predictable results.

Did Rome invent anything original?

Well, Publius Vergilius Maro (or Virgil) wrote the Aeneid (or Aeneis) under orders from a dude named Maecenas just so Rome could have its own national epic (because, you know, propaganda for Emperor Augustus and stuff). The Aeneid was regarded as the most important literary work during the Middle Ages and other authors such as Heinrich von Veldeke translated it to their own languages, while gushing over what a masterpiece Virgil had created. 
The epic actually has a really interesting history behind its creation, but I'll spare you the details. Just one fun fact: Virgil didn't actually want to write the thing at first.

Does that count?

Bands that sing about sex, alcohol, and more can be found for a dime a dozen. They just happen to be one of the less popular ones.

What is the best way in the modern day to prepare for the future of space combat?

Because they are. Don't question it.

If you want a serious answer, I think I heard somewhere that humans, as all mammals, are psychologically "programmed" to find round things cute. That's why babies have big, round heads and eyes.

What would happen if a human eye had all the same functions as a really good telescope?

Astronomy would have been nearly perfected extremely early on in human history (which is truly saying something), which would also mean that navigation of both the land and seas would have been much easier, which means that if the world wasn't colonized faster than it was in the real world, it was certainly explored much earlier. Ranged combat is also more important than hand-to-hand fights, and every gun battle is a sniper duel (and scopes wouldn't exist).

How would experience points work in real life?

A drone of a dragon doing a wide variety of activities while delivering a videogame remaster to a rapper is a rare event (as well as sentence). It's best to enjoy the whole thing while it lasts.

What happened to Zombie Amon?

I'd say a tissue, in case you sneeze and blow snot and boogers out of your nose.

Are zebras really white with black stripes, or could they be black with white stripes?

Apparently, zebras have black fur and white stripes. It has something to do with pigmentation (or the lack thereof).

What would a Dynasty Warriors stealth game look like?