• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragoncat

• null

• Sooks

• DragonFlames

Hmmm.... Favorite comedy movie...

I think I'm going to have to go with The Lego Movie. It has its own unique and clever sense of humor, and manages to parody "chosen one" stories while still be a great example of one.

Spaceballs is also great, although I recall that there were some jokes I wasn't fond of.

Is Arthurian Legend pretty much just glorified fanfiction?

Donut shops were the only things open 24 hours back in the day, so cops would frequent them.

Does anybody else call the donut manuver in a car a cookie or am I nuts?

Because they want to be polite and honour the person stepping out, as stepping out of an elevator is a holy ceremony, symbolizing attaining freedom and breaking out of one's own shackles, as well as the strength to go anywhere you want. Sadly, most people are ungrateful bastards and get annoyed every time it happens because someone accidentally moved in front of them that one time. 

What is the dumbest question you have been asked in your life?

Any math related question.

Is it the general consensus that the only good religious cartoons are "The Prince of Egypt" and original "VeggieTales"?

(BTW, if you haven't seen "The Prince of Egypt", go watch it, it's really good)

I had no idea those were religious.

What is your favorite thing about airports?

That I've never been to one.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I had no idea those were religious.

They are! Though I would have figured that Prince of Egypt would be obvious, since it's based off the Book of Exodus.

What is the difference between fairies and pixies?

Chocolate.

2 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Is it the general consensus that the only good religious cartoons are "The Prince of Egypt" and original "VeggieTales"?

There's the Adventures in Odyssey short films, even if they only made, like, four. And 3-2-1 Penguins, which was made by the same people who did Veggietales. There's also Joseph: King of Dreams, which was made by the same people who did Prince of Egypt (even if it's not as good, simply due to being made on a lower budget. It is direct-to-DVD, after all).

Is there a more epic description of a beard than "It looks like a bear crawled onto his chin and died"?

"It looks like he killed a bear and glued its fur onto his chin."
That work? I mean, they kind of give the same picture, but... you know, the guy having the beard is more proactive or something. I dunno.

Who decided that a nod means "yes" and shaking your head means "no"?

Because shaking your arms back and forth can also means "no" and they wanted to keep it consistent. Besides, it's safer to have a obvious warning for "no" than for "yes" so that people don't mistake a dangerous activity or event for being safe.

Is there any historical evidence that chain swords were ever a thing?

I don't know about evidence, but maybe some ancient astronaut theorists would hypothesize that there was an alien race that used them.

Would life be simpler if we could settle adult disputes the same way we did when we were kids by "calling it," by pushing and shoving but never really seriously injuring, and by invoking a "no give-backs" rule?

I am imagining wars where soldiers shoot each other with water guns and politicians decide debate outcomes by who can slap each other's hands more. But no, I do not think it will be simpler. I think pushing and shoving will simply evolve to be more complex and nuanced.

Can you be stupidly smart?

"This show is an example of people being so smart they're stupid." - My dad on Big Bang Theory

If America is the world's babysitter, who is:

The kid who eats play doh

The kid with snot and boogers hanging out of their nose

The kid who bites

The kid who isn't potty trained

I think they are in different franchises.

Has Batman ever laughed at Joker's jokes?

Yes, but he'd never admit that openly. Because Batman's secretly a Tsundere.

Why do people expect stories to have extensive explorations of moral grey areas when even in olden times, the so-called classics were all pretty clear cut good guys vs. bad guys stories?

For the same reasons that one does not expect an adult to act like a child.  We are not in olden times anymore and if we are to expect the human race to progress as a species, we need to see more enriching stories than ones that are simply good vs. bad.

Does the shape of the navel have anything to do with someone's seaworthiness?