• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragoncat

• null

• Sooks

• DragonFlames

More snow days, cooler summers, and not having to worry about the polar ice caps melting.

How does a ragtag volunteer army in need of a shower somehow defeat a global superpower?

6 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

How does a ragtag volunteer army in need of a shower somehow defeat a global superpower?

On 5/14/2018 at 11:42 AM, Purple Mage said:

On 5/14/2018 at 11:48 AM, DragonFlames said:

By being the protagonists.

By being the protagonists.

11 hours ago, Purple Mage said:

I swear, digital money will hasten our approach towards the end of the world.

Scary thing is, if you know of biblical prophesy, you're not wrong.

Could a water-bender use their own spit as a weapon?

Edited by Hawkwing

Yes, primarily by the virtue of how disgusting it is.

Dear Mr. Hamilton, John Adams doesn't stand a chance, so who are you promoting?

19 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

Scary thing is, if you know of biblical prophesy, you're not wrong.

That's true.

Current question: AND PEGGY

Why do we humans just waste our research into novelties and things that will bring about the apocalypse (bitcoin) when our resources/research/knowledge could be used to lessen climate change and save the environment?

Today, or in life? I'd guess about 10-30 today, and at least a thousand in your lifetime.

4 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Why will Bitcoin bring about the apocalypse?

Spoiler

Not bitcoin itself, no, but the push towards digital currency in many of the worlds economies is worrying, as is the development of implants. While not a guarantee, of course, it is a possible route that Revelations 13:16-17 could play out:

"16 [The second beast] also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name."

Digital currency would mean that physical cash would be useless when trying to buy or sell something, while implants ensure that only those who pay allegiance to the Antichrist will be able to participate in the economy. This specific method isn't set in stone, of course, but it could be very similar to what will actually play out.

Most people believe that the Antichrist will set this stuff up when he comes to power, but in truth, most of it will already be in place.

I should also bring up that getting the mark won't be something someone could do by accident. It's a very willing allegiance to the Antichrist. Revelation 14:6-12 also makes it clear that three angels will warn the whole world not to get the mark.

6 Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on earth-to every nation, tribe, language, and people. 7 He said in a loud voice "fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgement has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the seas and the springs of water.

8 A second angel followed and said, "Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great, which made all the nations drink the maddening whine of her adulteries."

9 A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: "If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand, 10 they, too, will drink the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name." 12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus.

This is another long religious answer, if you're curious.

How do you pull a punch?

Winter since that’s the season you spend the most amount of time indoors.

In FE7, Nino, once leveled up, is the most powerful character imaginable and can defeat every enemy in a single hit. And, she’s a justifiable candidate for most people’s favorite FE character. Am I right, or am I right?

People are allowed to have opinions, and everybody plays Fire Emblem differently, so some people will agree with you while others may disagree. Can't say for myself, though. My computer deleted my FE7 save file a few months ago, and I have other games I'd like to finish first.

Ninja's. Why me?

@Haruko: I don't know, and I don't want to know. The only three liquids I ingest are water, milk, and apple/orange/grape juice, so you'll have to ask someone else.

I also never really gave a damn about gender, so again, you might want to ask someone else.

How/Why do I find myself in so many situations where I can link the Killer Instinct Ultra Combos video without anyone questioning it?

Edited by Hawkwing
What did I do to anger the Ninja's? They keep attacking me!

Start a thread on 4chan asking for someone to nsfw-ify that video, maybe you will feel less weird

Why did my mother abort me when I was 20

Edited by Haruko