Who are the parents of the Awakening Trio?

Jotari

Based on stat distribution, off the cuff references and, in Owain's case, class, which of the potential fathers in Awakening do you think the kids from Fates hail from (hair colour is not a deciding factor as the DLC specifically said their hair had been changed to disguise them...disguise them I don't know why as they were going to a world where no one recognized them)?

EDIT: This is not a thread focusing on who you paired Olivia, Lissa and Cordelia with. I'm trying to specifically focus on Laslow, Odin and Selena, not Ingo, Owain and Severa.

Edited by Jotari

45 minutes ago, Hero_Lucina said:

One of my friends made a theory that Henry is Owain's father so....

so...what?

In any case, for Owain to reclass to Dark Mage, his father would need to be Henry, Libra or the Avatar (unfortunately we can't use reclassing to figure out the other two, as Severa gets Pegasus Knight which she'll always have in Awakening, and Ingo gets Ninja which he inexplicably learned to reclass to somehow as it doesn't exist in Awakening).

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

so...what?

In any case, for Owain to reclass to Dark Mage, his father would need to be Henry, Libra or the Avatar (unfortunately we can't use reclassing to figure out the other two, as Severa gets Pegasus Knight which she'll always have in Awakening, and Ingo gets Ninja which he inexplicably learned to reclass to somehow as it doesn't exist in Awakening).

Didn't he get to be a mage by requesting it from Anankos?

5 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Didn't he get to be a mage by requesting it from Anankos?

Gah, you are correct...still, maybe Ananakos just used a Second Seal on him...

Three potential fathers really:

• Vaike
  • Lon'qu
  • Henry

Henry and Vaike both give Owain a similar kind of personality, and Vaike is a total bro that I can see it as legit for him and Lissa to get together. Lon'qu though is unique in how both his A support with Lissa matches accurately with his A support with Owain, which is taking an arrow in place of them.

22 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Inigo gets Ninja which he inexplicably learned to reclass to somehow as it doesn't exist in Awakening).

Isn't Ninja the Hoshidan equivalent of Thief?

Also the disguise part is extra funny because if you fight a Lucina Amiibo and send any of these three against her she immediately recognizes them in spite of their 'disguises'

Based on how fast supports build for the mothers, Owain's father is Vaike, Inigo's is Henry and Severa's is Libra.

As for stats, none of them actually match or are really that close to any of their potential fathers. 

At the end of the day though, they probably left in purposefully vague so the player can just pair their parents with who they want. 

Awakening/Fates isn't big on canon pairings, since it'd upset people. Although I kinda wish Eliwood didn't have a canon-ish pairing with Ninian, since I prefer Lyn with him and Hector not with her.

15 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

• Vaike
  • Lon'qu
  • Henry

Henry and Vaike both give Owain a similar kind of personality, and Vaike is a total bro that I can see it as legit for him and Lissa to get together. Lon'qu though is unique in how both his A support with Lissa matches accurately with his A support with Owain, which is taking an arrow in place of them.

Well of men she can marry, Lissa does have a faster support growth with Vaike than any other (her second fastest is Frederick- the rest are equally slow).

For Cordelia, it is Libra who is her fastest, followed by Gaius. And for Olivia, it is Henry followed by Gregor. These are the closest we have to canon pairings in the gameplay mechanics, if not in their support dialogue chemistry.

31 minutes ago, Jotari said:

and Ingo gets Ninja which he inexplicably learned to reclass to somehow as it doesn't exist in Awakening).

Ninjas have to master special footwork for their jobs, sort of a like Dancer, which Inigow can't be.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

• Vaike
  • Lon'qu
  • Henry

Who the father is doesn't effect the personality though.

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Isn't Ninja the Hoshidan equivalent of Thief?

Also the disguise part is extra funny because if you fight a Lucina Amiibo and send any of these three against her she immediately recognizes them in spite of their 'disguises'

That might make sense...if Ingo happened to be living in Hoshido, but he settled in Nohr, so if he got a their class from Gaius or someone, then it probably should have manifested as Outlaw.

Edited by Jotari

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Who the father is doesn't effect the personality though.

Sure it does. Sometimes children tends to adopt character aspects of their parents and becoming much like them.

Edit: And in the endings for when Vaike and Henry are paired with Lissa, its said their son got their personality from the father.

Edited by omegaxis1

50 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Sure it does. Sometimes children tends to adopt character aspects of their parents and becoming much like them.

Edit: And in the endings for when Vaike and Henry are paired with Lissa, its said their son got their personality from the father.

IRL yes, but pair Lissa with anyone and all of Owain's supports will keep his bombast the same. I think it is more Vaike and Henry coincidentally align personality-wise that way that they add that ending line. 

It's a bit of chicken before the egg situation here. Making everyone have personalities dependent to a degree on their other parent would be a lot of work, so they didn't and left the personalities completely fixed. So then then went back and invented justification for Vaike/Henry as the father of Owain in those ending lines, even though they didn't have to do that.

So for Severa: Gregor, hair color aside (which is the closest matching to the official artwork of Severa), The support with Cordelia seems likely, and in the future past dlc Severa admits she became a mercenary like her father to avoid following the same path as Cordelia.

Owain: I want to say Vaike, Frederick, or Lon'qu. Vaike would explain a lot of the weirdness in Owain. Lon'qu would explain Owains good swordmanship, and Owain at a young age might have taken his Fathers fear of women (imagine Lon'qu covering his face to avoid looking at women) as a sign of strength. Frederick is the least likely but Lissa does say he was her first crush and makes a little sense with the awakening boxart of him holding her.

Inigo: I want to say Virion or Henry. Virion would explain the flirtatious nature of Inigo but Henry seems like a good choice to me. Once again Future Past shows why Inigo is usually always so upbeat, is cause he took inspiration from his fathers wicked sense of humor. Plus it shows when Inigo gets serious even Henry is somewhat afraid/shocked.

To be clear, I put this in the Fates section for a reason. I kind of want people to examine all the details of Laslo, Odin and Selena, rather than their Awakening supports and depictions.

The problem with examining this is that IS goes through great lengths to obscure it.

Hair color-overwritten before you see it.

Classes-either defaults, given by Anakos or explained away by the time they spent in Nohr.

Personality-whatever the credits may end up saying they will still have the same personality for different reasons with different fathers.

Further complicating this is the fact that awakening and fates take place across multiple timelines and playthroughs where who marries who and who lives and dies is affected by the player.

Sooo...their canonical fathers are...whoever you decide they are since IS created a situation filled with scrodinger’s daddies and they refuse to say anything except to obscure the issue further.

• 4 weeks later...

I really badly wanted to be 

- Inigo - Lon'qu (This is the pairing I did in Awakening subconsciously, and I realized it was a perfect pair up) (Also Lon'qu is the only one that gives Awakening Inigo the exact same Lck Growth as his Fates counterpart so I guess that's something)

- Selena - Idk honestly no one seems worthy for Cordelia lol

- Odin - Avatar (Lissa seems like she should be with Robin because well she found him in the first place, and she's the noble sister of Robin's best friend. Plus Robin got magic.) Edit: Oh and Odin's Fell Hand.

Plus it's so stupid that they needed disguises in a world where absolutely no one knows them. Idk if it's to protect them from evil Anankos, but that would be a big detail to touch upon, so I imagine the writers didn't think that far about it.

Edited by Ae†her

4 hours ago, Ae†her said:

I really badly wanted to be 

- Inigo - Lon'qu (This is the pairing I did in Awakening subconsciously, and I realized it was a perfect pair up) (Also Lon'qu is the only one that gives Awakening Inigo the exact same Lck Growth as his Fates counterpart so I guess that's something)

- Selena - Idk honestly no one seems worthy for Cordelia lol

- Odin - Avatar (Lissa seems like she should be with Robin because well she found him in the first place, and she's the noble sister of Robin's best friend. Plus Robin got magic.) Edit: Oh and Odin's Fell Hand.

Plus it's so stupid that they needed disguises in a world where absolutely no one knows them. Idk if it's to protect them from evil Anankos, but that would be a big detail to touch upon, so I imagine the writers didn't think that far about it.

It doesn't really make sense to disguise themselves in universe, but out of universe it was kind of necessary to not canonize any pairings. That and it makes their appearances distinct between two games.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

It doesn't really make sense to disguise themselves in universe, but out of universe it was kind of necessary to not canonize any pairings. That and it makes their appearances distinct between two games.

Well actually it would sort of make sense for owain and maybe inigo(depending on if OliviaxChrom is a thing) considering both would be princes which could pose some political issues if things go south anyway

Edited by Otts486

37 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

Well actually it would sort of make sense for owain and maybe inigo(depending on if OliviaxChrom is a thing) considering both would be princes which could pose some political issues if things go south anyway

What would make sense? Disguising themselves? As pointed out already, they have absolutely no reason to disguise themselves when travelling to a location where absolutely no one has any chance of recognizing them. And it's not even like it was there idea to do it because they thought they were going to somewhere in their world. Anankos, who knows he's taking them to a different dimension (or the past or something) is the insists on disguising them.

Edited by Jotari

If this video helps at all...

Spoiler

I don't think there is an "canon" father or mother for any children in FE (some Jugdral kids beg to differ), so if you like Robin with Lissa, or Chrom with Olivia, then go ahead and pair them up. The kids will always be overpowered anyway, so it's up to personal preference, really.

20 hours ago, Jotari said:

What would make sense? Disguising themselves? As pointed out already, they have absolutely no reason to disguise themselves when travelling to a location where absolutely no one has any chance of recognizing them. And it's not even like it was there idea to do it because they thought they were going to somewhere in their world. Anankos, who knows he's taking them to a different dimension (or the past or something) is the insists on disguising them.

well I mean A prince cannot be a retainer to another prince right? though that's really the only in universe reason as to why at least owain or a chrom fathered inigo would have to disguise themselves and it's a reletively poor reason at that.

7 hours ago, Otts486 said:

well I mean A prince cannot be a retainer to another prince right? though that's really the only in universe reason as to why at least owain or a chrom fathered inigo would have to disguise themselves and it's a reletively poor reason at that.

But you wouldn't need a disguise for that. You'd simply not tell them you're a prince.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

But you wouldn't need a disguise for that. You'd simply not tell them you're a prince.

Coming in late, but I could have sworn it says somewhere that the disguise was in case they were recorded in history to prevent people they knew from realizing they pulled the time travel thing a second time or something like that. It doesn't make much sense, considering, you know, they've already done it once so twice shouldn't be that big a deal, but it's something.

10 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Coming in late, but I could have sworn it says somewhere that the disguise was in case they were recorded in history to prevent people they knew from realizing they pulled the time travel thing a second time or something like that. It doesn't make much sense, considering, you know, they've already done it once so twice shouldn't be that big a deal, but it's something.

Lucina: Hey Gerome, I was just reading this history book and it says in the ancient and mythical kingdom of Nohr there was this one guy who tried to spout catch phrases and talked about his cursed hand. It sounds like Owain!

Gerome: Oh no, no, no. It couldn't possibly be him. The text explicitly mentions that this Odin fellow has blond hair.