Create a Class

Mandokarla

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phoenix Rider:

A flying unit that uses magic and swords. Has high speed and skill, but low defenses, including resistance. Its class skills gives it extra damage when they use Fire Tomes. It also has rebirth, which allows it to have a chance to gain back it's  entire health, based on skill.

• 2 weeks later...

For a prospective three-tier promotion system, what about a War Cleric/General overlap known as Templar? Uses Axes, Lances, and Staves, and learns the skills Punishment and Salvation.

• Punishment - While paired with and supporting another unit, if an enemy unit deals damage during the enemy's turn, the user will deal an equal amount of damage in return.
  • Salvation - While paired with and supporting another unit, if the lead unit would perish from an incoming attack, the user will take the attack for them.

Greetings, I'm a newcomer in this forum, and I found this interesting thread.... :):. If you don't mind:

Since this is a thread for new classes, I have a simple idea about the new class for the Lord one.

The weak and crappy infantry master-of-none Lord class. A young prince of a small kingdom on the coast of the continent. Strong determination even his body is not very strong as his soul (at the beginning, but will have nice growth later on). Sword D, Staff E. Equip: Rapier, Heal.

Since he is the Lord class, all his Skills are considered as Personal Skills:

1. Cloudy Charm - passive - initial - cannot be removed. : the user and all allies within 3 tiles radius around the user gains Hit Rate +5 and Avoid +5, but the user cursed by the land: cannot gain any terrain bonuses. (May able to be part of the storyline)

2. Leadership Talent - passive - learned at Lv.1. : the user and all allies within 3 tiles radius around the user gains all stats +1. Still gained even already have maxed stats. Stack with any Rally Skills and Dancing Skill.

3. Command Aura - passive - learned at Lv.10. : the user and all allies within 3 tiles radius around the user gains damage dealt by +3 and damage taken by -3 when encounters the enemies. Stack with Skills which gains damage dealt and/or reduce damage taken.

On the scripted storyline later, he will have Celestial Sword (prf, range 1-2, inventory-locked or untradable) and Heaven Seal for promotion. At Lv.10 or more, after he use his Heaven Seal: Sky Lord, a dragon/wyvern-riding Airborne Lord with nice growth stats (I want to at least have one flying Lord in Fire Emblem history). Max.weapon proficiencies: Sword A, Staff C. The Sky Lord is the only flier-class who wield the sword, while other flier-classes can't (note: the sword-wielding flier-classes has been extinct now). Skills:

1. Dragonologist - passive - learned after promoted.: negates the user's flying-type and dragon-type weaknesses.

2. Erebus - passive - learned at Lv.5.: Attack with Sol effect, Luna effect, and Ignis/Rend-Heaven effect at once strike. Able to critical and double attack. Trigger: (skill/2)%.

3. Divine Crown - passive - learned at Lv.15.: +10% trigger Skill-activation rates to the user and all allies within 3 tiles radius around the user.

I just want to strengthen the role of the Lord not only have the role on the storylines and the battle-sequences, but also the role on the battlefields as the chief of the battle-formations. This is my idea about the airborne supreme-commander on the battlegrounds who responsible to organizes and protects his men and women while he must strong enough to strike down the hearts of the enemy's forces, but still far from overpowered since his total stats are not too great. (note: he even will not be qualified to join the Super Smash Bros series)

I hope I could share my simple fun imagination here. Best regards.:):

Edited by illegal knight

Arcanist : a mounted spellcaster or horse mage. Troubador's counterpart. Same stats growth with Troubadors. Tome E. Max.wpn.: Tome B. Skills:

Lv.1: Mindseeker: when fighting adjacent to an enemy, enemy’s Hit Rate -20

Lv.10: Fog: All enemies' Hit Rate -5 within a 2 tile radius.

Promoting classes after Lv.10 or more:

1. Dark Knight (Everyone knew about Dark Knight already...lol...)

2. Seer : a mounted vagabond who always finding the truth about the world. Literally a magical Ranger. Similar stats growth with Dark Knight. Tome D, Bow E. Max.wpn.: Tome A, Bow B. Skills:

Lv.5: Seal skill : after the battle, enemy's skill stat -6.

Lv.15: Magnificent 7 : on turn 7, spd +7, the partner's pairing-up spd+7 as long as pairing-up with the Seer. Effect continues until the end of chapter's battle.

Nohrian's class if in FATES.

On 4/7/2018 at 2:50 PM, Lord_Brand said:

Recently I got the idea of dividing classes into three major spheres: Martial, Civilian, and Criminal.

Martial would be the usual classes like Mercenary and Cavalier, the trained warriors who are good at combat and rallying each other.

Hide contents
  • Fighter
  • Mercenary
  • Soldier
  • Archer
  • Myrmidon
  • Mage
  • Knight
  • Cavalier
  • Troubador
  • Pegasus Knight
  • Wyvern Rider

Civilian would be unconventional but still highly useful support classes. They aren't built for fighting as well as the Martial or Criminal classes, but their support skills help in a myriad of ways.

Hide contents
  • Farmer - The classic Villager, now renamed since technically most of these classes are villagers
  • Lumberjack - Ignores forest drawbacks, also works for paired units
  • Miner - Similar to Lumberjack, but for mountains; promotes into Blacksmith
  • Spearfisher - A Lance-wielder skilled at traversing water
  • Steward - A servant who wields Daggers, and can promote into either Butler/Maid or Cook
  • Apothecary - The civilian counterpart to the Archer and Outlaw; they can promote into either Merchant or Alchemist
  • Librarian - A Tome user similar to a Mage, but more focused on learning and teaching, making them good for experience grinding; they can promote into Alchemist or Scribe
  • Cleric - A peaceful member of clergy that can promote into Scribe
  • Dancer - The physically-inclined performer
  • Bard/Songtress - The magically-inclined performer

Criminal would be Thieves, Barbarians, and other such crooks who excel at fighting dirty, stealing, and being sneaky. Where Martial skills help the user and their allies, Criminal skills hurt enemies.

Hide contents
  • Barbarian - Brutish axe fighter that promotes into Berserker or Warlord
  • Thief - The sneaky Dagger-wielding lockpicker
  • Outlaw - Bow-wielding robber
  • Dark Mage - The Mage's twisted counterpart

I'm debating as to whether Mercenary belongs in Martial or Criminal.

Mercenaries are soldier of fortunes that must belongs to Civilian. Basically, nobody interest to hire or paid a criminal despise his/her abilities (the FE stories often despise this fact, lol). And mercenaries are technically soldiers, but not officially members of any country's military forces. In other words, mercenaries are battle-civilian those will fights for someone who hire/pay them for combative works.

And you forgot adding the water criminal Pirate/Marine-thief.

----------------------------------------------------

I'm interested about Spearfisher. And I will talk about it accordingly to weapon types in the world of Fire Emblem.

You can rename the Spearfisher into Fisher (if you interested with unisex names) since fisher never use sword, axe, bow, or even tome or staff for work...:D: They would always use lance and use dagger only for the captured fishes (and pls don't ask about shuriken...:D:).

I'd considered the Fisher as a young character who under category as a "Trainee" class (ref.: Fire Emblem Sacred Stones). Recruit-class are belongs to the land while Fisher-class are belongs to sea. Now this is my idea about Fisher-Class:

Fisher. A novice seafahrer who works near water areas. Lance E. Skills:

Lv.1. Rivercross : able to move on water platforms.

Promoting after max.Lv.10:

-Seaman. A seafahrer who officially member of the navy. Lance E. Skills:

Lv.1.: Str+1 Skill+1 Hit-Rate+5

Lv.10.: Rivercross Skill changed into Swim: movement on water platforms has no longer decreased.

-Mariner. A sea adventurer who enjoy explorations. Lance E. Skills:

Lv.1.: Str+1 Spd+1 Avoid+5

Lv.10.: Rivercross Skill changed into Swim: movements on water platforms has no longer decreased.

Promoting with Master Seal after Lv.10 or higher:

-Seaman:

--Sailor. A naval officer with remarkable abilities. Lance D.

Lv.5.: Assault: there's a change to 3 times hits with 0.75% damage. Trigger rate: (skill/3)%

Lv.15.: Swim Skill change into Ocean Soul: the user and all allies in 3 tiles radius around the user are able to move acrossing the water platforms without any movements reductions. Doesn't effect Fisher-type units and Fliers.

--Privateer. A resigned military seafahrer or former sea adventurer who seek  the fortunes. Lance D, Sword E.

Lv.5.: Crosscounter: when avoid enemy's attack, counter damage dealt +50%.

Lv.15.: Swim Skill change into Ocean Spirit: no movement reduction on water platforms. Movements +2 on water platforms.

-Mariner:

--Privateer. A resigned military seafahrer or former sea adventurer who seek the fortunes. Lance D, Sword E.

Lv.5.: Crosscounter: when avoid enemy's attack, counter damage dealt +50%.

Lv.15.: Swim Skill change into Ocean Spirit: no movement reduction on water platforms. Movements +2 on water platforms.

--Bucaneer. A former sea adventurer who lived by piracy. Lance D, Axe E.

Lv.5.: Pilfer: when fights and hitting the enemy, takes a random item (not weapon) from enemy's inventory no matter the enemy still standing or defeated. May takes gold with random values with triggering rate (skill/4)%. Critical Rate +5.

Lv.15.: Swim Skill change into Sea Spirit: No movement reduction when move on water platforms. When standing on water platform, restore 50% HP every player's turn.

Promoting Lv.10 or higher unit with "DLC" special item : Ocean Seal (ref.: Fire Emblem Sacred Stones).

--Sailor ---Admiral. The legendary naval veteran who respected by both allies and enemies. Lance C. Skills:

Lv.25.: Pontus (active) : summon a mystical warship with no Lv. or exp-gauge beside the user with same HP and stats of the user. Technically the ship is an unmanned Balistician (with the same attack-range and slow movement) unit on the water, but no Skills and inventory. Enemies who got hit or defeated by the ship automatically transfers the exp-points and dropped items to the user who summons it. Cannot be unsummon. Cannot be pairing-up. Can only be summoned on water platform. Can only move on the water. Can only summon 1 unit per user but can be resummoned after the warship destroyed. The ship automatically destroyed when the user defeated on the battle.

Lv.35.: Admiralty : the user and all allies in 3 tiles radius around the user gain +5 damage dealt and +10 Critical Rate.

--Privateer ---Corsair. The elite seafahrer who can only hired by worthy price. Lance C, Sword D.

Lv.25.: Leviathan : when the user stand on the water platform, the user gains all stats +3.

Lv.35.: Kraken (active) : use the chain to pull an enemy or ally along with his/her pairing partner to close to the user. Range: 5 tiles.

--Bucaneer ---Marooners. The expert outlaw-of-the-seven-seas who feared by any forces. Lance C, Axe D. Skills:

Lv.25.: Flying Dutchman: when fight on the water platform, nullified enemy's all defensive Skills.

Lv.35.: Jolly Rogers (active) : place a Jolly Rogers flag beside the user. All units in 5 tiles radius around the flag will have Str+5, Mag+5, Def-5, and Res-5. The Flag's HP, Def, and Res stats are same as the user. The flag have no action turn and cannot attack. The flag will be vanished after 5 turns. Can be used on the ground or water platform. Cannot be removed after placed, but enemies or allies are able to destroy it. Can only 1 flag placed per user and can be placed again after the flag before has been destroyed.

This is my simple idea about the lancewielder as a marine-unit (Pirate with Axe, Thief with Sword/dagger, and Outlaw with bow). And let the Fisher become the first marine-unit which is not from Criminal category (at first). And also I gave the idea about the Skill that can be evolved in order to avoid harming the Character's Skill slot by one Class.

By the way, Lumberjack and Miner have the same role as Brigand/Mountain-Thief (who would promoted into Berserker, same as Pirate/Marine-Thief). Barbarian may same as Brigands. You can put the Lumberjack and Miner as the trainees category: Journeyman/Warrior-Trainee.

And basically, according to the Fire Emblem storylines, Fighters and most axewielders are never officially member of the country's military forces from the start. Most of them were civilian volunteers who choose to joined the banner, while others forced to became criminals or joined the mercenary bands. In other words, the only unpromoted/basic military or "martial" axewielder class is only the Wyvern soldier.

I like the idea of an armored magic class with staves and anima tomes. Come to think of it, we need more armor category units.

1 hour ago, illegal knight said:

And basically, according to the Fire Emblem storylines, Fighters and most axewielders are never officially member of the country's military forces from the start. Most of them were civilian volunteers who choose to joined the banner, while others forced to became criminals or joined the mercenary bands. In other words, the only unpromoted/basic military or "martial" axewielder class is only the Wyvern soldier.

Wyverns don't use Axes in most games either.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

8 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I like the idea of an armored magic class with staves and anima tomes. Come to think of it, we need more armor category units.

Wyverns don't use Axes in most games either.

Most games is a bit inaccurate, even if it might technically be true. Wyverns have consistently used axes ever since Path of Radiance, which was the ninth game, and we're now up to fifteen games, discounting Heroes, Warriors, Mirage Session and BS: Fire Emblem. So Wyverns have used axes in approximately half the titles in the series, and the most recent half at that (bearing in mind they don't exist in both Gaiden and Shadows of Valentia).

On 4/7/2018 at 6:45 AM, Mandokarla said:

If you could choose to create a new class for a fire emblem game, what would it be? Assume Fates' skill system, because I find it fun. 

For me, I've long played with a few concepts for mage classes, because I'll always be a caster at heart, but I actually came up with a class/class line that would fit into an early Renaissance themed FE that I want. The class is Fencer and promotes to Duelist. These would replace the myrmidon/swordmaster class set in this new era FE game, I think. They would have essentially the same stat spread, but I want to give a swordlocked class some kind of reason for being deployed. I want to give them early survivability via dodgetanking, and set them up lategame as bosskillers -- as the level 15 promoted skill would show. 

Fencer skills:

Level 1:

Hide contents

Swift Footwork. I took some inspiration from the Flashing/Heavy Blade skills in FE Heroes, in the sense that having a stat advantage over an opponent could give a more noticeable advantage, and you could play around it. Therefore, this skill for the Fencer would give an avoid bonus = 5 x (User Skill -- Opponent's skill). Early on, this would grant an average of an extra 10-20 avoid over against most enemy units. Unlike Duelist's Blow, which is +40 avoid on offense, this would always be active. I feel like trading effectiveness for uptime is a worthy trade, especially considering the big problem with Swordmasters in Fates was a pretty nonexistent enemy phase, as dodgetanking was horridly unreliable with fates hybrid RN hit rate system. This is an early game skill, and I feel it is balanced well as such. 

Example Case: Early game fencer has (like most FE myrmidons) ~13 skill on joining. This, on normal, means that against other myrmidon or against early cavaliers, this skill will grant between 10-20 avoid. Against axe units, it would be MUCH more, but hey, they wouldn't hit you anyway. It's not a huge buff, but it does add a little spice. 

Level 10: 

Hide contents

Skillful Parry: The Fencer has a %Skill x 1.5 chance to reduce an incoming attack by 30%. This chance is doubled with WTA. This gives the Fencer some enemy phase survivability. As this class replaces the Myrmidon, and therefore deletes Vantage as a skill, there needed to be some other defensive option for them. Much like the Myrm/Swordmaster archetypes, the unpromoted skills are defensive, and the promoted skills are offensive (for the most part). 

Example Case: lvl 10 Fencer will have between 16 and 19 skill (depends on which FE game's myrm you use as a basis). This grants a 24-26% chance to reduce incoming damage by 30%, or if against an axe unit, ~50% chance. No skilled swordsman worth his salt should get hit by an axe at all, but if they do then they should be able to deflect the most raw damaging weapon type. 

Duelist:

The Duelist will get a 10% innate critical rate bonus upon promoting, as well as +2 strength, +4 skill, +3 speed, +1 move, + 2 def, +1 res, and -2 mag. They will probably remain swordlocked, because as much as I'd love to see flintlock's and early muskets in an FE game, I think giving a Duelist flintlock access would be unnecessary, even if it might be thematically fitting. 

Level 5: 

Reveal hidden contents

Feint: The Duelist has a %Skill x 2 chance to feint the target's guard, making that attack ignore 25% of the target's defensive stat. 

The reasoning for this was to replace Astra with something that was both more thematically appropriate and (I think) more consistently applicable. It's a weaker Luna, but procs twice as often. The problem with Astra was that it was, most of the time, complete overkill -- if it activated at all. Ryoma as a boss in Conquest on Lunatic has only a 14% chance to activate Astra, which is a 14% chance to become a ridiculous anime character. I feel like Astra as a skill does not make sense thematically for a Duelist, and I feel like it's ridiculous as an ability -- it's too all or nothing, and the biggest reason I consider Swordmaster archetypes sub-par in the newer games is their inconsistency. With this, the class still gets an offense skill that can activate for cool/clutch moments, but this skill is less all-or-nothing. I feel like this makes it less immediately impactful, but an overall better ability. 

I'm not going to talk about guard gauge or pair up reasons for Astra, because I'd love to see pair up go away and never come back. 

Level 15: 

Reveal hidden contents

One-thousand Cuts: After combat, the target takes -5 to Speed and Skill, and takes damage = 10% of their health after combat.

The phrase "death by a thousand cuts" is relatively well known, so I don't feel like I need to explain the thematics of this one much. My reasoning behind this is that a Duelist should be able to transition into a bosskilling role come the lategame, but in other fire emblem games the bosskilling role has fallen into "kill this fucker with one shot, please I'm begging you". I want a way to make a swordlocked unit a bosskiller in a game where bosses are actually scary. In my experience, outside of Conquest Lunatic, Fire Emblem bosses have been overall really, really unimpressive. The scary ones are the dodgetanks, but the generals / paladins / great knights / monster bosses are never all that scary. In my ideal FE game, chapter bosses would actually be intimidating, and I would like less of a one-shot meta. This is built around that idea.

All of that said, I had a bunch of varying ideas for this skill, and I'm not sure what to actually put here. I had an idea for a riposte, a skill% activated version of Counter that negates that attack's damage or something, but I felt like that would be either too good or useless depending. I'm most interested in feedback for this tier, as it's the least pinned down. 

Interesting class, Sir... it would be nice. But about the Skill Fencer Lv.10 Skillful Parry, it didn't work againts magic, right? Well...you know...parrying... blocking incoming attack with your blade. Different than Pavise which blocking with the large shield. Btw, different than Generals, this Skill will be depend with must-be-equipped sword, yes? So, if this class lost it's equippable blade (via durability-exhaused, -if exist- when still enemy's turn...or got hit by -if exist too- enemy with Disarm Skill), this Skill will not work, indeed?

And about Duelist's Skill Lv.15, how many percentage formula for it's triggering rates?

Armored spellcaster....? :mellow:

Armor >< Robe, it means, thicker Armor = higher Def with lower Res, and More layered (except dancers) Robe = lower Def with higher Res.

In other words, despise about armor-slayer weapons will be their weakness or not, this class will be the first spellcaster which weaker againts magic and suffers disadvantage when must battle on the desert areas.

Am I wrong? :wacko:

54 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Most games is a bit inaccurate, even if it might technically be true. Wyverns have consistently used axes ever since Path of Radiance, which was the ninth game, and we're now up to fifteen games, discounting Heroes, Warriors, Mirage Session and BS: Fire Emblem. So Wyverns have used axes in approximately half the titles in the series, and the most recent half at that (bearing in mind they don't exist in both Gaiden and Shadows of Valentia).

FE9: Wyvern Lord use axes as a secondary. Due to Wyvern rider only using lances, units like Jill will prefer Lances even after promotion.

FE10: Axes

FE11: Lances with axes as a secondary. Do note just like how Warriors have a base E Axe and a Base E in Bow, Dracoknights have a D rank in Lances and an E in Axes. 

FE12: Lances with axes as a secondary.

FE13: Axes

FE14: Axes

Thats 4 games where Wyvern Riders prefer axes up against 8 games where they main Lances.

5 minutes ago, illegal knight said:

Armored spellcaster....? :mellow:

Armor >< Robe, it means, thicker Armor = higher Def with lower Res, and More layered (except dancers) Robe = lower Def with higher Res.

In other words, despise about armor-slayer weapons will be their weakness or not, this class will be the first spellcaster which weaker againts magic and suffers disadvantage when must battle on the desert areas.

Am I wrong? :wacko:

There are two boss classes that were Armored spell casters, though they could used all physical weapons.

Armored units are only weak to magic in some games.

Though it is noticeable that while a unit being in the cavalry category unit is usually an advantage, a unit being an armor category is almost always a disadvantage. Too bad, there is no base armor skill like Canto.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

On 4/9/2018 at 9:15 AM, DisobeyedCargo said:

Take a knight, give them great resistance, not so great defense, and there you go.

as for name... uhhhh Mage knight? I dunno.

Mage Knight! ....a relic from the past...what a memory...  a mounted spellcaster who wield tome (anima) and staff which has been extict now...

Btw, the role you mention above still exist... They are Falco Knight. Still a "Knight", yes? :):

7 minutes ago, illegal knight said:

Mage Knight! ....a relic from the past...what a memory...  a mounted spellcaster who wield tome (anima) and staff which has been extict now...

Btw, the role you mention above still exist... They are Falco Knight. Still a "Knight", yes? :):

I more of meant make them basically a clone or an armour, same move any everything, just with def and res swapped 

falco's decent res is often offset by their low HP, letting them be knocked out easier. The "Mage knight" would keep the armours traditionally high HP growth 

idea so I dont derail:

an archer like class that can wield a special type of bows capable of close range attack, but with Lowe might to compensate 

13 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I more of meant make them basically a clone or an armour, same move any everything, just with def and res swapped 

Bishop is like that in several games.

Low move combined with no defense and max resistance.

37 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

FE9: Wyvern Lord use axes as a secondary. Due to Wyvern rider only using lances, units like Jill will prefer Lances even after promotion.

FE10: Axes

FE11: Lances with axes as a secondary. Do note just like how Warriors have a base E Axe and a Base E in Bow, Dracoknights have a D rank in Lances and an E in Axes. 

FE12: Lances with axes as a secondary.

FE13: Axes

FE14: Axes

Thats 4 games where Wyvern Riders prefer axes up against 8 games where they main Lances.

There are two boss classes that were Armored spell casters, though they could used all physical weapons.

Armored units are only weak to magic in some games.

Though it is noticeable that while a unit being in the cavalry category unit is usually an advantage, a unit being an armor category is almost always a disadvantage. Too bad, there is no base armor skill like Canto.

It doesn't wrong if mentioned about in most FE world, wyvern riders use lance as their basic weapon. But from FE 13 until now, wyvern rider's basic weapons are axe. No idea about the future.:):

About armored unit which use magic, yes, you mentioning Baron (boss unit). But when mentioning unique enemy unit, well... I have no words... :D:

Basically, Armored Units and Spellcaster Units were equal. It depend who land the blow first: The Armored Units slashing their blades to the fragile Mage Units first, or the Mage Units fry the Armored Units inside their own thick mails first. And Spellcasters "stronger" than Armors generally in the terms on the range which Spellcaster would hit the Armor Units firsthand. Dueling (not arena, but on the battlefield) example: a Paladin (just Paladin! No! Do not bring a General!) wields his/her Wind Sword and Pike for facing a Sage who wields his/her Bolganone and Bolting. I believe you will understand what I means, sire. :D:

And about the horsemen and infantries, I never seen any advantage or disadvantage. I used both Social Knights and Armor Knights equally since they have different tasks on the battlefields. Social Knights basic task for chase and destroy while Armor Knights basic task for protect and defend. Canto need mobility actions of the four-legged or winged ones. Armor Knights mails are so heavy that made them unable to move normally (Villager's mobilities even better than Armor Knight's), so you will not so mean to them for "doing" Canto, right? :D:

11 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Bishop is like that in several games.

Low move combined with no defense and max resistance.

^

Bishop? Yes indeed.

The 2nd are Valkyrie (now has been evolved into Strategist) but with better mobility.

Edited by illegal knight

On 5/17/2018 at 4:45 AM, Lord_Brand said:

For a prospective three-tier promotion system, what about a War Cleric/General overlap known as Templar? Uses Axes, Lances, and Staves, and learns the skills Punishment and Salvation.

• Punishment - While paired with and supporting another unit, if an enemy unit deals damage during the enemy's turn, the user will deal an equal amount of damage in return.
  • Salvation - While paired with and supporting another unit, if the lead unit would perish from an incoming attack, the user will take the attack for them.

It will be nice if this class is an enemy-class only, because it will be so challenging while we must penetrate the enemy's line.:):

By my all respect, if this class were used for player's class, I'm really againts it. As my personal opinion, using a character's death as a Skill-triggering, etc, are not nice at all. Forgive me, but not all Fire Emblem players prefers to play Casual-Mode, sir... :mellow:

Jester: A crazy unit who can throw bombs and performs to assist allies.

Promotes to: Harlequin or Court Jester at Lv. 12.

Skills: Trigger Happy (Lv. 1), Big Smile (Lv. 1), and Apotrope (Lv. 7)

Trigger Happy: Throws bombs at a range of 1-3.

Big Smile: Heals allies and allows them to move again after a performance.

Weapons: Bomb

Harlequin: A unit who runs around on a ball with bombs and knives.

Skills: Trigger Happy (carried over from Jester), Bulldozer (Lv. 1), Cutting Edge (Lv. 4) and Grand Finale (Lv. 13)

Bulldozer: Allows close combat with a ball.

Cutting Edge: Increases the throwing knife range to 1-3.

Grand Finale: An Ultimate Art. Barrages the adjacent enemy with explosives and other weapons, and finishes off with throwing the ball on them.

Weapons: Bomb, Throwing Knife

Court Jester: A unit who performs immensely and gives up bombs for magic, with slightly frequent critical hits.

Skills: Big Smile (carried over from Jester), Apotrope (carried over from Jester), Discipline (Lv. 5), and Grand Finale (Lv. 13)

Grand Finale: An Ultimate Art. A show of both magic and jester tricks that heals and allows movement to all adjacent allies in a 3x3 area.

Weapons: Fire, Thunder, Aura, Excalibur

11 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I dont derail:

an archer like class that can wield a special type of bows capable of close range attack, but with Lowe might to compensate

Crossbow weapons from Radiant Down were capable to close range attack but can only wield by Warrior class, while the Marksman class has +1 range-attack, made all their equipped bows has the range of Longbow (2-3).

13 minutes ago, illegal knight said:

Crossbow weapons from Radiant Down were capable to close range attack but can only wield by Warrior class, while the Marksman class has +1 range-attack, made all their equipped bows has the range of Longbow (2-3).

Marksmen could equip crossbows too.

17 minutes ago, illegal knight said:

That's still limited only to warriors and a third tier class, who primariy wield axes and who still can't attack at 1-2 range 

this class would weild a specific type of bow that would be 1-2 range, with less might 

4 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

That's still limited only to warriors and a third tier class, who primariy wield axes and who still can't attack at 1-2 range 

this class would weild a specific type of bow that would be 1-2 range, with less might 

Well Snipers can wield crossbows too. I believe Archers can't,  but the only playable Archer in the game is Leo and you don't get any crossbows in part 1, meaning that's only really an issue if you completely neglect him, in which case there's no point in trying to give him one because he'll be slaughtered regardless. Of course that's irrelevant to your point. On your point, I wouldn't at all be against Crossbows being their own distinct and separate weapon type with an Arbalist class that specializes in them.