Latest Etrian Odyssey To Be Announced 4/10: Etrian Odyssey X (Cross) Revealed!

Saw this on GFAQs:

Google Translate says:

"Notice] 4/10 (Tuesday) From 12 o'clock, we will do live broadcast announcing 3DS "Labyrinth of World Tree's" [roughly the Japanese title for Etrian Odyssey] latest work. Broadcast time is about 4 minutes. We will send it below so do not miss it!"

12:00 PM in Japanese Standard time is +9:00 UTC, so if you want to watch it live, so find out what your time zone is and then convert it.

So, will it be Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2? So will it be Etrian Odyssey "Festival"- the not-3 Untold game they have been teasing that we know nothing about? I doubt it'll be Persona Q2.

Whatever it is, it doesn't have to come out for a while, I'm just about to buy EOV and still have much in EO2U to finish, and Alraune/Great Dragon/Dragon clones and the Superboss Formerly Known as Primevil to kill in EOU.

Here is hoping to whatever it is, it's good my fellow explorers of Yggdrasil!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
Apparently EMD2 already came out in Japan last year, and this is purely Japanese announcement, so it can't be that.

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

That makes me sad.

Me too. I want to try EO3, but without all the improvements of subsequent games I'm used to and from what I hear some severe balancing issues compared to everything that has come since, I want it in Untold form.

As long as the team wasn't totally anti-synergy, I have a rough idea of what I would use. Male Wildling, Redhead Monk Girl, and, if the class became combat-viable and not just a grinding one, a Male Farmer. The remaining two-three slots I'm not so sure what I'd fill them with. I'd need to see how they retool the classes. Probably wouldn't use a Yggdroid or Ninja though, since the Wildling will be busy using the summon row (which they should really add in 3 Untold). 

Spoiler
9 hours ago, eclipse said:

Especially after the ending of EO2U.  I. . .just want Flavio back. . .

Are you just sad EOU2 had to end? Or does something happen to Flavio at the end of the story? 

That can't be! He has been my favorite of the Story team so far, I chose him for the ~post-Basilisk(?) conversation (assuming you had a choice of who was knocking on the door) and it was so sweet. I was saddened post-Arachne didn't have the same petite bonding event opportunity.

Still, if this new title will be that "celebration of the entire series" and perhaps not even named officially EO6, I wonder what that would involve. Does it mean they'll take stratums and classes from every game? That I could make a team of Highlander-Fafnir-Imperialist-Yggdroid-Shaman? 

This might be the last of EO, unless Atlus is able to transition the franchise to the Switch with no 3DS successor in distant sight. That transition would be difficult, since mapmaking is so crucial to the series. But other dungeon crawlers do exist on standard consoles- like SMT: Nocturne, and I wouldn't have too big an issue with having to press a button to bring up an editable map to jot things down once in a while. My biggest concern would be FOEs. It is easy to watch their movements from afar with the second screen, a minimap or quick map that covers a large portion of the screen or all of it wouldn't be quite as good when FOE encounter = death.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

EO2U ends on a giant "TO BE CONTINUED", with implications that it might tie into EO3U.

I would really like it if they brought back all of the classes from the previous games and let you pick between all of them. Kind of like an ultimate EO crossover final ultimate event thing. But I don't think it'll happen.

I'm hoping it's the Festival game instead of EMD2. I wasn't too big of a fan of EMD1, and I completely gave up on the game when I lost a few one of a kind items and a weapon I spent an hour trying to make just because the cartridge ejected in a dungeon. The rumor I've been seeing is that this next game is going to be a Mario Maker like game since they once said there would be so much mapping even the most devout fans would get sick of it, but there's no evidence yet.

6 hours ago, AndrewMcC00l said:

I'm hoping it's the Festival game instead of EMD2. I wasn't too big of a fan of EMD1, and I completely gave up on the game when I lost a few one of a kind items and a weapon I spent an hour trying to make just because the cartridge ejected in a dungeon. The rumor I've been seeing is that this next game is going to be a Mario Maker like game since they once said there would be so much mapping even the most devout fans would get sick of it, but there's no evidence yet.

EMD2 was already announced, so it's definitely a different game.

I try not to hype myself too much, but that's quite hard.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!

Etrian Odyssey X (Cross) has been revealed!

Now does anyone here understand Japanese? I need to know what it says!

Link to the EOX website:

http://sq-atlus.jp/sqx/

From what I can see, it is a true celebration of the franchise, featuring many classes from across the entire 5 game series! Plus a new class called Hero.

It appears to have 19 classes:

Spoiler
  1. Highlander
  2. Ronin
  3. Protector
  4. Harbinger
  5. Nightseeker
  6. Survivalist
  7. Arcanist
  8. Medic (EO 1-2 version)
  9. Brawler
  10. War Magus
  11. Ninja
  12. Gunner
  13. Shogun
  14. Zodiac
  15. Farmer
  16. Landsknecht (EOIV version)
  17. Sovereign
  18. Imperialist
  19. Hero

I'm a little disappointed no Beast or Fortress, Protector alone can tank of all these. Unless they give tanking powers to some of the other classes. And no Wildling or Rover or Necromancer or Yggdroid- must be no Summon line. 

But darn I'm happy to have Nightseeker again, and Imperialist. Farmer I'm hoping is combat viable this time.

It appears to be multiple small labyrinths, but there is a Yggdrasil in the middle of it all too. And an airship.

NPCs from older games do return. I don't know who Pink Girl is, but I recognized Shilleka (owner of the shop in EOU/1) and Wiglaf- who happened to be a Dancer in EOIV, but that class doesn't exist here from what we can tell. She had a Landsknecht subclass, so I guess she is that full time now.

Release date is August 2nd in Japan.

On 4/7/2018 at 3:51 PM, Sunwoo said:

I would really like it if they brought back all of the classes from the previous games and let you pick between all of them. Kind of like an ultimate EO crossover final ultimate event thing. But I don't think it'll happen.

Apparently only 19 classes. As follows:
EO1: Protector, Medic, Ronin, Survivalist
EO2: Gunner, War Magus
EO3: Sovereign, Zodiac, Ninja, Farmer, Shogun
EO4: Land, Nightseeker, Arcanist, Imperial
EO5: Harbinger, Pugalist
Untold: Highlander
Original: Hero

Please please please let this game be localized.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

Please please please let this game be localized.

Amen to that! 

But with an August 2nd release date in Japan, when would the international community be getting it? I severely doubt a simultaneous or near-simultaneous release. January or February 2019 I'm going to guess. If Atlus poured their soul into the effort, maybe December 2018 just in time for a holiday gift.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Amen to that! 

But with an August 2nd release date in Japan, when would the international community be getting it? I severely doubt a simultaneous or near-simultaneous release. January or February 2019 I'm going to guess. If Atlus poured their soul into the effort, maybe December 2018 just in time for a holiday gift.

I don't care much, I just want it localized rather than not.

Also... apparently subclassing is back?

LVn3jSq.png

...With 19 classes...

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Also... apparently subclassing is back?

Gotta give you something to make you question your Skill Point distribution plans even more.

I never played EO3, but I have the impression you can max out the normal max level for that class and have access to everything but the Class Mastery. Sounds a bit much, so I guess they'll use the EOIV version which capped the Sub-class levels at half of normal.

Wonder how they'll manage to balance and diversify all 19 classes. That'll be a feat. What will the Hero be? A blend of all roles with balanced-good stats?

Going purely on what I see here, a very good lockdown team would be Brawler-Nightseeker-Harbinger-War Magus-Arcanist. But that's four frontliners, so I guess I'd need to replace one of them, maybe Brawler for Gunner?

For an elemental team: Imperialist, Landsknecht (assuming Links), Gunner, Zodiac and Sovereign should work very well. Alternately Highlander can Spear Assist presumably, or you can Ronin it.

This game is perfect, absolutely perfect. It's being called a series crossover. It has 19 classes, 1 new one called Hero and the rest are returning favourites. 

This game is perfect, it's the only perfect thing in all of existence and I love it. Nothing else can be this perfect. 

EOX.jpg.62a0e150e73d12bf46e2cf5b09e5ac11.jpgTitle card :)

EoXJob3.png.03b8e2d43b189117e474b6f4da74bd98.pngEoXJob2.png.b72a671eb3d7702c9e37f0a4a15fca43.pngEoXJob4.png.424d747611ac16508207f4ac9cdf2d23.pngEoXJob1.png.2a40c5b612100583f28bf9081c64e667.pngAll the classes shown off in the trailer

EoXAllClass.jpg.62d5d087839dd9fc43552d6a45b1dccc.jpgHere is a big old image of all the classes that are coming back as well as the new class, Hero! 

EoXSILLLLLLLIIIIIICCCCAAaAAAA.png.b4a407aed82f64f816a277365f683f0b.pngEoXPubLady.png.68e6503b2bd969faa950d27910e33c95.pngEoXPinkMediGirl.png.520015d8952684b6f83f223b03b1d0a6.pngEoXGuildmaster.png.9262ae2e7913ab85387c96e9e46366a7.pngSome new NPCs and...what looks to be Shileka, the shopkeep from Etrian 1. I don't recognize anyone else here so if another one of these ladies are returning characters I've forgotten about them. 

EoXGeneralEverything.jpg.de4d4c818db865957040756ee5bc4fb0.jpgAnyway, basically every mechanic is coming back in someway. So basically we can have more solo runs with crazy shit going on. Plus a new difficulty if you really hate yourself.

EoXDLC.png.e37f3e1b92352820d9d6df62dce48302.pngAnd finally...DLC! Yes everyone's favourite bullshit. We will be getting new character portraits and illustrations...as well as something to do with Project Re:Fantasy by Atlus's Studio Zero who is porting Catherine as Catherine: Full Body and is making well Re:Fantasy! 

Source of some of these images are the trailer posted above and good old Siliconera. I might do another one of these little thingies but yeah, that was the announcement trailer. Goddamn this game is already perfect. http://www.siliconera.com/2018/04/09/etrian-odyssey-x-announced-3ds-series-crossover-title-august-2-japan/

EDIT: I found some transparents on the Website! Only posting the Hero image though since the other one is already posted! http://sq-atlus.jp/sqx/#

EoXHero2.thumb.png.bf9f2dc6f7a6c5d343ab9b12c95dd5f2.png

EoXJapaneseBoxArt.png.520eed10b7fadc1ee3215a9fc5c53b3b.pngEdit #2: Japanese Box Art from the official Twitter account! @SQ_kouhou is their @

Edited by Kazuya
New info

I made a topic for this in General Gaming.  Yours is much more detailed though than mine though.

@eclipse Cross this Etria with my Armoroad ? If you get my drift. You can lead with his if you think it looks better. Whatever you can do.

If this game doesn't get localized, I'll just get it in Japanese.

But I'm a tad bit disappointed that fencer isn't one of the returning classes. I was one class away from recreating all of my EO leads!

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I made a topic for this in General Gaming.  Yours is much more detailed though than mine though.

@eclipse Cross this Etria with my Armoroad ? If you get my drift. You can lead with his if you think it looks better. Whatever you can do.

I didn't see it at all, oops. I wish I did though, I wouldn't have spent 20 minutes compiling and writing and blah. I didn't even add all the details like how we go back to older stratas and such. 

Thank you for telling me!

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What? 

Old strata? Now we can subtly appreciate the differences in the lush verdant forests. Nice.

Yep, a bunch of old stratas are coming back, from what I've seen. They show off some in the PV. But only for a quick few seconds.

30 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

But I'm a tad bit disappointed that fencer isn't one of the returning classes. I was one class away from recreating all of my EO leads!

EOV has the least representation here, but it is the newest game and hence the least in need of an update. EO3 having 5, the most, might be due to us not having an EOU3. Although Farmer if not combat viable would be bad and in a way nerf the representation to equal IV's, which is the second oldest game here.

EOV also brought only two Earthlain classes, despite Arcanist being Vessels and hence making other races possible. 

However, EO 1&2 share classes, outside of Gunner, WM, and Beast (and Fafnir- but we can't be running around with these plot power puppies). Highlander was included because it is distinctly EOU I think, even though the artwork comes from EOU2.