Another FEH Channel Confirmed on Monday (for most)

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Brave effect during the enemy phase. Sounds good to me

Except for it's lack of DC. Can be solved, but it's not like it rains Hectors around here XD

16 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Reminder that Ishtar is an enemy from FE4 Gen 2, not Thracia (at least I think so, haven't played that game at all).

I know, I know. It’s just me ranting. She does appear in a cutscene and is the direct superior of Reinhardt, which is already more than “Fallen Celica” does over the course of SoV.

15 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Oh, yeah, that's bad wording on my part. The inferior was solely in regards to Reinhardt. I should've put Olwen and inferior Reinhardt. Though, as mentioned previously, Rein might be impressive given his EP brave sword.

Huh? I actually kinda super hype for neo Rein as a unit. Granted neo rein suffers from Armor Emblem

Leif is definitely the highlight of this banner though. I might be wrong but i think his potential is through the roof

13 minutes ago, Thane said:

Not at all. Like I wrote, Leif is a Nordic name which fits Jugdral's overall naming conventions, even if they're haphazard in places, and Leif's name fits thematically with his character. 

More than likely, it's simply pronounced incorrectly. 

Zero ambiguity in Japanese. His name is pronounced "leef" and spelled "Leaf".

Just like how Holyn's name is pronounced "hoh-lin" (or "hoh-leen") and spelled "Holyn", not pronounced "hoo-leen" and spelled "Chulainn" because NoA wanted to add more mythological references to the game.

Contrary to popular belief, Japan is typically decent with transliterating non-English foreign words into Japanese script while keeping the original pronunciation as intact as it can be within the restrictions of Japanese's legal phoneme combinations.

If they had intended "Leif", they would have used レイフ instead of リーフ.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Master Sword in a Nintendo game is trademarked to this:

Reinhardt is no Hero of Time and Hylia. You seriously cannot use the term in Nintendo games freely when Link is well-known quintessential Nintendo and the Master Sword is his weapon.

Link's legendary sword in Japanese is マスターソード ("Master Sword"). Reinhardt's sword in Japanese is the same マスターソード ("Master Sword"). I see zero problem with the English Meisterschwert still being named "Master Sword".

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Huh? I actually kinda super hype for neo Rein as a unit. Granted neo rein suffers from Armor Emblem

Yeah, I'd mentioned it earlier, but I said that before actually watching the Tharcia trailer. After that, I could see him being better if they go full-throttle on his attack and let him brave counter with like 50 attack pre-buffs. That said, I could still very well see normal Rein being on par or superior. Only time will tell.

Has anyone mined the stats yet?

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Just like how Holyn's name is pronounced "hoh-lin" (or "hoh-leen") and spelled "Holyn", not pronounced "hoo-leen" and spelled "Chulainn" because NoA wanted to add more mythological references to the game.

Contrary to popular belief, Japan is typically decent with transliterating non-English foreign words into Japanese script while keeping the original pronunciation as intact as it can be within the restrictions of Japanese's legal phoneme combinations.

If they had intended "Leif", they would have used レイフ instead of リーフ. 

I'm well aware. I wrote as much in my topic and I also speak Japanese, though less than you. 

However, Leif's English name is not Leaf. It's Leif. If it were a simple mistake, then it's one that works out remarkably well considering it fits both Leif's character and setting. 

Leif's name should not be pronounced as Leaf in English, but Lay-f. 

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Link's legendary sword in Japanese is マスターソード ("Master Sword"). Reinhardt's sword in Japanese is the same マスターソード ("Master Sword"). I see zero problem with the English Meisterschwert still being named "Master Sword".

Well aboard maybe NoA was thinking it was, differing from NoJ on the matter. 

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Could it just be the Japanese just didn't really care about spelling and phonetics here? I mean FE wasn't being released aboard yet. And corrupting names for the sake of making them a little less obvious a reference is a thing. Kid Icarus has Palutena, not Pallas Athena.

The Japanese did have Mars and NoA made it Marth, and perhaps it's the opposite with Leif. 

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

I'm well aware. I wrote as much in my topic and I also speak Japanese, though less than you. 

However, Leif's English name is not Leaf. It's Leif. If it were a simple mistake, then it's one that works out remarkably well considering it fits both Leif's character and setting. 

Leif's name should not be pronounced as Leaf in English, but Lay-f. 

Just call him Lugh at this point so we confuse him for the other Lugh

Rarity drop is interesting. Dropping just 4-5*s rather than any 5* exclusives is something that hadn't occurred to me, but it makes a lot of sense. Satisfy the 3* complaints, but don't hurt the bottom line by making any 5* exclusives suddenly easy to get.

I wasn't expecting them to raise the HM cap again this soon. I'd managed to avoid getting anyone to 4k yet.

Saias GHB is nice. Finn TT is a bit odd, guess that means he'll have a regular Brave Lance rather than a personal upgraded one. And Reinhardt certainly has personal braves covered for the moment. Also there goes Osian's big chance, welp.

2 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

I5GtpEOxnwxukj4-DLqEX9WACzFCVtjTp8mgLhgr

COLOURED BOWS. NOT A DRILL.

Huh. Well then.

After looking more at the visual summoning guide, save for some characters who are probably tucked away at 5* status due to their skills or recency, I'm pretty much content with Fire Emblem Heroes. The ones that stayed 5* exclusive tend to be the more popular and story-important characters, so I believe it makes sense that they stay that way. Over time they tended to fix the complaints I had and continued delivering good Quality of Life improvements as well as content.

Now my only real complaint is the stat increases after CYL, even though I'm probably just nitpicking. Generation 1 heroes (before CYL) had their stats and then Generation 2 heroes tended to be a little higher (after CYL). I sincerely hope that the stats are not raised again after CYL 2 with Celica, Veronica, Hector, and Ephraim. The new skills can get a little bit crazy at times, but at least Skill Inheritance can remedy some of that.
Wait, we got Colored Bows now? I guess after getting a Colorless Breath, anything is possible these days. I sincerely wonder how they will implement Laguz and their counterparts whenever the time comes.

Edited by Sire

Just now, Othin said:

Saias GHB is nice. Finn TT is a bit odd, guess that means he'll have a regular Brave Lance rather than a personal upgraded one.

There is always Refinement- have to keep some people weak now so they can be refined to strength later.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Also there goes Osian's big chance, welp.

Worry not, just wait another 14 months and he might be here, with Blessed Sword Olwen and Dagger Reinhardt.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

COLOURED BOWS. NOT A DRILL.

Its about time! Bows have not been able to keep up in the powercreep race. 

It would be nice if it included javelins, hand axes, and thrown Falcion. That will probably not be the case. What we need is a green brave bow with armor piercing instead of anti flying.

6 minutes ago, Sire said:

Wait, we got Colored Bows now? I guess after getting a Colorless Breath, anything is possible these days. I sincerely wonder how they will implement Laguz and their counterparts whenever the time comes.

ha, laguz being in heroes, thats a good joke.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah, it's not like "Master Sword" is a very creative name worth of trademark. Unless they are saving the name for an actual Master Sword in a future crossover though XD (I'd prefer the Great Fairy Sword tho :dry: )

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

His JP English name is Leaf. His NA/EU English name is Leif.

So yes, his name in English is Leaf.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Could it just be the Japanese just didn't really care about spelling and phonetics here? I mean FE wasn't being released aboard yet.

All of the 12 Warlords, whose names are the numbers one through twelve in German, have their names perfectly transliterated from German. Like literally perfectly. To the point of using novel character combinations to get sounds not possible in native Japanese despite not using those combinations anywhere else in the game for the same sound.

Their Irish is also too absurdly accurate to argue that just for Leaf's name they decided to fuck up the Japanese pronunciation.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Japanese did have Mars and NoA made it Marth, and perhaps it's the opposite with Leif. 

The Japanese had Marth from the start. マルス as a transliteration of "Mars" being re-romanized as "Marth" by NoJ makes his JP English name "Marth" and not "Mars".

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Huh. Well then.

7 minutes ago, Sire said:

Bowbreaker's skill description has said "colorless bow" in it for over half a year now.

Wasn't expecting all the 3-4 star demotions, but it's a welcomed change. Although we're not completely free from the wrath of pity breakers as there's still some bad 5-star exclusive units.. and that's all there is for me.

Overall, very meh Feh Channel for me. Seems like they put together this just so they can talk about the new mode (which is alright...), but it only lasts for a week..

But at least  it looks like my Orbs are safe this entire month, until Halloween Henry appears on the Legendary banner! (+20 orbs too, sweet!)

Congrats to all the people who finally got their long-awaited Thracia banner/characters/refinements though!

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Bowbreaker's skill description has said "colorless bow" in it for over half a year now.

Oh hey you're right. Daggers do too. Never really noticed that before

Oh god we need 3 more breakers now, that's awful

My that was something. Rambly thoughts below:

Spoiler

Thracia banner

Two alts...? 
Well, I'm ok with alts so that's no problem for me. A new healer is welcome too.

Refinery

Pretty much as expected, not much to add.

Rarity demotions

That's...one way to address the 5* pool. An expected way even (as in it was probably bound to happen at some point). At any rate, it means less pity breaking on new banners. Profit. Maybe that means I can finally find those elusive Boon/Bane combinations I've been wanting for M!Corrin and Camilla, and eventually get enough copies of Sakura to 10+ her.

GHB & Tempest Trials changes.

Camus is back and he brought friends! 
Camoo tho. Why "moo"? "Ü" is easy to pronounce English!Feh. And...now he rhymes with canoe even. Good grief.

I wonder if they'll add Elite quests to that rotation though. Guess it remains to be seen (unless they said something about that - my playback stuttered during that segment). The 0 stamina cost is neat too. Oh, and Saias looks interesting.

Tempest trials will be so much less of a tedious grind now with the lowered rewards score. Putting 40% bonus units across the board is also welcome - if TT reward units remain bonus units, then that means everyone can get 40% bonus. The lowered stamina cost also means more Hero Merit to pile up (5000 limit to boot). Mmm feathers.

The increased Friendlist. Oh yes thank. Mo more "Gandalf in Moria" moments on remembering who's who and being worried about deleting someone who've changed their names or such. There was a mention of other upcming changes to the friendlist (no details) if my eyes didn't deceive me. I wonder what that will be.

Grand Conquest

I don't have a solid opinion on this one yet. I didn't quite catch the full extent of the details so I'll hold off on commenting until I've wrapped my head around it. It could be fun though.

I've probably missed something (it feels as if I have), but...busy day ahead, so this will do for now.

Edited by Tactician_Iris
Oh joy. The formatting broke again.

Seeing the mass drop now makes me happy I got my Brave Axe+ and Killer Lance+ for the bunnymen without needing to take feathers away from my Caeda merge - which will be more expensive now, barring more 4-5 banners.

On top of that, RIP Cordelia merge project, I was waiting for a pitybreaker Roderick to provide the Firesweep+. Feathers come almost as slowly as coins/stones.

Having suffered through Merric and Clair pitybreakers, I'm glad they're 3-4s now.

Edited by Chrom-ulent