Another FEH Channel Confirmed on Monday (for most)

I'm guessing we'll get either Mareeta, Osian, or Marty as the TT unit. Maybe Asbel?

Naturally, I'm pretty excited to find out which.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm guessing we'll get either Mareeta, Osian, or Marty as the TT unit. Maybe Asbel?

I could see Eyvel too, but Mareeta feels unlikely to me. She seems like she has too much that could potentially turn her into a cash cow for them to give her out for free. She's a cute female sword user with a personal weapon, great stat spread (arguably), and a skill that's quite significant in-universe, especially given how she learns it. She screams whale-bait to me.

Eyvel seems like a perfect TT character since she's fairly high profile so it'd appease a lot of Thracia fans, but lends herself to being not real great given her lack of screen time and low ceiling as far as stats go, so wouldn't be super good. Heck, if they so desired, they could even use her to introduce an inheritable magic sword, too, as a toned down version of however they decide to treat the Light Sword.

All that said, I'd still be up for any of them except Marty. If we're going to get a dopey brigand, I'd much prefer Gonzales.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Thinking back, I'd say the best change I've seen announced in a FEH channel was the switching of 3* and 4* pull rates.  It was a bandaid fix to the stagnate 3* pool, but hopefully, they do something to address that, since it's been like 8 months since that change.

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

I could see Eyvel too, but Mareeta feels unlikely to me. She seems like she has too much that could potentially turn her into a cash cow for them to give her out for free. She's a cute female sword user with a personal weapon, great stat spread (arguably), and a skill that's quite significant in-universe, especially given how she learns it. She screams whale-bait to me.

She gets, alongside her father, Astra AND Luna. Regnal Astra will not do! She needs +150% damage and -50% enemy Def at 5 cooldown. Moonlit Astra?

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Axes need more love, so Osian or Marty or even Dagdar. But I do like Asbel, enough that if he were summonable I'd hop in- but that is just the Merric archetype fan inside me speaking. Save him though, not like we have that many more wind boys.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

She gets, alongside her father, Astra AND Luna. Regnal Astra will not do! She needs +150% damage and -50% enemy Def at 5 cooldown. Moonlit Astra?

Nah, 5 cooldown wouldn't bait the whales nearly enough. 3 cooldown and Mareeta's Blade has a killer effect and flashing blade built in. Then glass cannon the shit out of her. I'm talking like 40 HP, 36 attack, 40 speed, 25 def, and 21 res. Seems totally balanced.

EDIT: Just reread the description of Mareeta's Blade, and screw it, give it a brave effect with -3 speed instead of flashing blade.

Edited by bottlegnomes

1 hour ago, Vince777 said:

Why are these things a given considering they've all been spoiled before, aren't news, and generally do not warrant a Feh channel?

They've not been spoiled, we only know Leif and co. will appear in April, not their skills or if it's even the next banner. Pointing out that there's a new BHB strikes me as something they could easily do in passing. 

2 hours ago, Othin said:

I’ve always been and I still am calling Marty. This way both Jugdrali tempest rewards would be memes. Consistency!

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’ve always been and I still am calling Marty. This way both Jugdrali tempest rewards would be memes. Consistency!

I think he is the only playable character in FE history to have 0 base Spd (but gets 6 on promotion), min-max distribution potential?

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think he is the only playable character in FE history to have 0 base Spd (but gets 6 on promotion), min-max distribution potential?

Clearly his stat spread should look something like this:

HP 50, Atk 40, Spd 6, Def 40, Res 26

Spoiler

This is just Dorcas's spread after slashing his Spd by 75% (17 after rounding) and distributing those 17 points across all his other stats (HP, Atk and Def got 5 each while Res got the leftover 2).

Hey i'm just waiting for Makua who won't come in literally forever so I am just going back to the makua cave to wait forever for this woman.

The only thing we know right now is the comment "a lot of heroes will be making an appearance" on the announcement, which can be interpreted several ways, but I'm hoping it means many upcoming character additions to the game (and hopefully less alts). I wonder if they're all going to be Thracia characters though.

I hope there's a GHB reveal as well, so I know what the best way to spend my 54k feathers will be. There probably won't be a refinery reveal since we'll be finding out immediately after the update drops.

As much as I want a summoning pool rework, I doubt they will address that problem, just like they didn't back during the anniversary update.

Kinda hoping for Kaze and Rinkah.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I have a strong feeling that beast units are gonna show up, and it's stronger than it has been before...Xane when, IS?

To be quite honest, I'd like for the update to be underwhelming, so I can take a break from this game, but every time I start to drift away from Heroes, they pull me back in.

@Interdimensional Observer Is that the Farore sprite from the GBC Zelda games?  Nice.

Edited by Charmeleonbrah

3 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Hey i'm just waiting for Makua who won't come in literally forever so I am just going back to the makua cave to wait forever for this woman.

Well she won't be dead last, cute sword infantry girl (who quite uniquely could be ala Raven an axe infantry- it'd keep a whole bunch of other girls from overshadowing her) are appealing, but yeah, it'll be a long time.

20 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Is that the Farore sprite from the GBC Zelda games?  Nice.

Yup. For some reason I liked seeing her whenever I strolled inside a Maku Tree as a kid. I love the Oracle games too, and wish we got an Oracle of Secrets game and generous FEW representation some day.

I'll be watching the little 4 minute Etrian Odyssey announcement tonight at the same time I believe- noon Japan Standard Time, then tomorrow I'll let SF tell me everything new about FEH.

Has anyone said Camus yet? It's been like a month since our last GHB revival, and his long-awaited return seems like it should be one of the next ones. So hopefully that's one thing they'll announce. He's not even that good anymore, it seems silly to keep holding him off.

Speaking of characters who have been out of the picture for a while, old TT units still don't seem to have much way of being rerun. Having Tobin and Clive take the free unit slots for a new TT would be disappointing, but they really need some sort of rerun eventually. Maybe they could add some sort of "Tempest Hero Battles" where you fight them in their TT's final maps and can get them as the reward? Grima certainly showed that TT final maps are fair game for Hero Battles, even though it was a different kind.

If I'm being honest I kinda hope they throw us for a loop and announce a binding blade banner but withhold them for May since, I desperately want to see Sue in heroes and if not they could announce a second batch of refinements going after forblaze and the binding blade. There's also the wind legendary hero that could be Alm, Lyn, or Marth since they seem to be going in reverse order and those three seem somewhat likely

Edited by MisfitMiju

12 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Shakes fist at sky

Curse you, IntSys! Curse you!

Right there with ya.

I would punch a child for Camus. I don't even care that he's like midtier at best anymore. All my next 40,000 feathers would go to him.

Speaking of GHBs, I'm hoping they add some way to get repeats more often along with the TT characters. Back at launch it was one thing to have a character without a lot of merge potential, since mostly only whales would have much, but now, even F2Pers can have some pretty high merges. Leaving TT and GHB characters out of it doesn't make much sense since they're not even the best units in the world anyway. The only reason people would merge them are either liking them or being too cheap to whale for better characters to merge.

@MisfitMiju I keep seeing people mention Marth as wind or water, which I don't really get. If I had to guess, it'd probably be earth, then fire, then water, and with wind in dead last. Any particular reason you see him as wind or water most?

Edited by bottlegnomes

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

Has anyone said Camus yet? It's been like a month since our last GHB revival, and his long-awaited return seems like it should be one of the next ones. So hopefully that's one thing they'll announce. He's not even that good anymore, it seems silly to keep holding him off.

Maybe they're waiting for when the time is right to add Zeke or Sirius as dramatic effect? For FtPs, have a free Crapmus. For those with luck and or money, have this new and improved luxury model.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe they're waiting for when the time is right to add Zeke or Sirius as dramatic effect? For FtPs, have a free Crapmus. For those with luck and or money, have this new and improved luxury model.

On that topic, what do you think they'd do with their stats?

If they follow suit with Ike and BK, he'd trade some speed and HP for attack, def, and res, but that doesn't seem like it'd really make him all that great as.itd give him 41/34/32/34/20. Maybe drop him to 30 speed and ignore the res for 41/37/30/36/17? That'd be pretty solid, but not like super amazing, and would kind of remove Camus's niche of being the only real choice for mixed phase lance cav.

They could completely rework his statline, but it seems like no matter what they'd go EP to capitalize on Gradivus, unless insane by some chance they gave him something else.

Edited by bottlegnomes