Super Robot Wars ∀: Deep Space IC Thread - Part 3: Crisis Point

Nanami Touko

The ground gave way, Makoto's unit fell through, but the impact still gave him a scare. As much as he'd prepared for it, Makoto felt as if his heart stopped as he could hear the cockpit deform. It wasn't the end for him, it had thankfully stopped, but it did hit him harder, with the frailty of his unit. Especially compared to... that.

"Not done..." Something compelled him to keep moving the controls, despite the chill running through his body. The phalanx's main camera was cracked, giving a disorienting visage of the road. Something about piloting the Phalanx also just felt plain wrong now, like it wasn't moving right. A tad to the left? No, it was drifting right. Was it the first time he had to deal with this unit while it took considerable damage?  "I'm... I can do this. I have to--"

Makoto's unit was standing, after a struggle to lift itself past the rubble. It barely counted as a road now. What was more disconcerting was how close he still stood from the Regina. Even then, before the panic could settle in, whether it was bravery or foolishness fueling him, Makoto continued to speak. "I'm not... I'm not falling down. Everybody here... I'm fighting for them!" He was too close to be effective against the Regina with the frame he had chosen, he could only stare

"S-sergeant Doyle! A-A-are you okay?!" Caroline sprung to motion as soon as she'd caught the feed, desperately trying to male sense of the Legionary's control scheme. As a private-trained pilot, her field of expertise was far removed from the ANF mobile suits, and even with her training prior to this day, she wasn't expecting to be put in a new mass-production design. "Aahhh, I can't even find it--this one?" Her concern for Astin grew as she watched the purple menace decide fighting Louise toe-to-toe was a good idea. "H-here!" She'd managed a barrier, and a relieved sigh as she melted against the surprisingly comfy seat.

Caroline casts Faith on Astin!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Makoto!" His machine was gone, just like... That? Was he okay? He was getting it standing again, while Astin kept the monster busy. What was driving him so much? He something like that had happened to her, piloting alone, like he was... "I don't..." And here she was, struggling to keep up with Kim as just her copilot. Christina grit her teeth. "K-Kim. Turn on the system. I... I can handle it." I have to handle it. This is ridiculous, everyone's putting their life on the line, and here I am, too afraid of hurting my brain for a few minutes. I can handle it. I can take it!

"Makoto! Make it out of here," she started, opening a channel to him, "you're one of the only friends I have here! We haven't gotten to hang out and be stupid kids, so just, you can't die!" They were stuck being soldiers when they should just be teenagers. Playing games, making jokes, watching movies. A wonderful mental image of all of them, Chris, herself, Makoto, Talia, Kim, all laughing at some silly comedy... She didn't want that to be a dream.

Kim can now activate the ARES system!

Oof, that had to sting. Makoto was certainly brave, she couldn't take that away from the young freedom fighter. As he came back into view, damaged but still moving, Christina was the first one to reach out to him. She wanted to use the ARES system... Kim had been about to question her, but she could openly feel the resolve pouring out from Christina. Pulling the system menu up, Seung-Min paused for a moment, before activating it.

"I can feel your resolve, Chrissy... probably not worth asking, but I care about you enough to ask anyway. Are you certain?" Kim asked, calmly and steadily. It wasn't asked out of pity, or out of a lack of faith, merely to confirm her resolve.

"Makoto, don't be afraid to retreat for repairs. It looks like you took a lot of damage... can't have an important squad member fighting below full strength, you hear me?"

Makoto's comm crackled, but he still could well tell the voice coming from it. Christina must have neen worried sick from the blow. He sighed. "I... I'm not dying. I'm not leaving you guys this soon." He smiled to nobody but himself, "Thank you, both of you, but I'm too close to her now. I'll hold my ground for now, until I find an opening." He could easily be outpaced by that monstrous machine, but at the same time. "I'd love to just have simple fun, with you guys."

"...And I am not dying here! Not to this monster!" I promised I'd live! And I'll see this through!

Edited by Xinnidy

So he was okay... Good, good! They were gonna make it through this, all of them! "I'm sure. I... I can handle it. Even if it's just a few minutes, if it gives you the edge you need, I can handle it. What am I good for if all I'm doing is sitting here, anyway!?" She started getting louder, trying to pump herself up. "I can take it! So bring it on, you stupid machine!"

Watching Makoto's Phalanx just disappear beneath the Regina caused Megumi to freeze in her seat. There was no way she could forget that she'd been the one to initially suggest that he fight alongside the others. Granted, she didn't expect him to be using the Phalanx by this point. There was no denying that it was her idea as much as his and that it was kind of a bad one. Even frozen in shock, the doctor could still move her eyes, and they instinctively honed in on her console, where Makoto's vitals were still strong, something that shouldn't be the case if he was dying or the equipment was no longer responding correctly. At worst, he was rather banged up in there.

"Scariest day of my life," Megumi sighed, still fresh from Brant's earlier stunt and the appearance of so many Apotheosis units. It was all getting to be a bit much ... "Makoto, I'm not reading any real problems over here but are you alright ...?" Best to make sure he wasn't quietly toughing anything out.

Brant couldn't help but wince when Louise nearly flattened the Phalanx with Makoto inside it. The following comm chatter was a good sign, even if he was going to be stuck close to that monster for a good minute. That machine was a lot tougher than it looked. "As long as she doesn't manage to kill anyone," Brant muttered to himself. Glancing a quarter way back at his copilot he said, "It sounds like we're concentrating fire with the Avalon. You've got the funnels in case I can't dodge something or someone's getting too close for comfort."

"Merlin here," Brant responded to the bridge, "Ready to assist."

So they actually had a shot at the cockpit? That wasn't something Firmia could pass up, though she was wary of the machine's armor. The joints had been a priority for a reason, and she could only hope for a miracle in terms of scoring a kill with the beam cannons. Still, just trying to blast limbs off until the field went up wouldn't stop Louise's allies from stepping in or even discourage them. Firmia quickly accessed the Avalon's systems and started shutting down every offensive limiter she could spot, hitting three to four a second until there were none left and the lights on the bridge went red. "Alright, as soon as the Regalia's in position, aim for that thing's cockpit. Hopefully we can punch through before any barriers go up."

"Merlin here," came Brant's voice over the comms, "Ready to assist."

"Open fire!"

"Hey, be careful," Brant came back, "Don't give her an opening to attack the ship. We don't have anywhere else to go."

<"Damn right, you don't,"> Firmia murmured as the channel closed. The Avalon was home for her and her friends. She didn't want the ship to get so heavily damaged that the Regalia and Mantle had to return to the Riese for their repairs. For them, those days were over. Not the purest motivation, but it wasn't the only one.

Brant casts Focus (15 SP), moves to 19,18, and attacks Louise with the Hyper Beam Rifle, supported by the Avalon and it's Dual Beam Cannons!

Meanwillow, Firmia casts Alert (8 SP) and Dreams (Valor -> 70 SP(ew))! Then she follows up Brant's with another volley from the Avalon's Dual Beam Cannons!

As the call to open fire resounded through the bridge, along with confirmation from the Regalia, it was finally time to get back into action. Everything, the recovery, the rehab... it had all been for this chance. The chance to strike back at Apotheosis, and strike hard. Eyes lighting up as the targeting zeroed in on the Regina's cockpit, Marcia fired the Avalon's dual cannons.

"FIRE, EXCALIBUR!" Had to remain on theme, after all.

"With you, Brant! Give me one good shot on that bitch's cockpit and I'll turn her to ash!" Chris was more than ready to end Louise, funnels already spinning, flying alongside the Regalia. "Gimme one good shot..."

Brant rains down plasma!
(100% 23%)
(98% 89%)
Close, but he's in! 92 damage!
"ABRAAAAAMS!
(25% 72%)
(39% 3)
Close!
Chris flinches, as one of the funnels goes up in smoke! "Damn you!"
Firmia isn't letting up!
(100!% 10%)
(93% 2%)
Righteous! 166 damage, without a second thought!
Brant gains +45 EXP, +3 will!
Firmia gains +23 EXP, +1 will!

"I'm not, going to die like this, you, worthless... Prattle...!"

But Firmia isn't finished! Another barrage!
(strike/alert/valor lol rolls)
208 more damage! No rest for the wicked!
Louise misses cuz alert is a big silly!
Firmia gains +45 EXP, +3 will!

"The true hero never shows themselves until the end, ready to strike down the villain, no matter the odds... Your time has come, Louise of Apotheosis!"
Kazue casts Accel and Sense, flying across the battlefield!
"Chakram, デッドエンドシュート!"
(100!% 22%)
(15% 2%)
Kazue flies in for 55 damage!
Alert means Louise can't hit back!
Tarquin supports in after her!
(85% 33%)
(35% 74%)
Another slap in her face! 88 more damage!
"Systems critical."
"Be quiet! I can, I can still...!"
Kazue gains +45 EXP, +4 will!
Tarquin gains +23 EXP, +3 will!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

"I-... uh... well shit, that didn't sound as good as it did in my head." Elaine muttered, almost scared by Louise's insane ramblings. When Louise had been messaging her, taunting her, nearly driving her insane... she seemed so confident, so in control. However, when things got tough, everything had broken down, Louise's inner core had been exposed. She was a complete trainwreck, a twisted soul that could have been beyond salvation. There was one question, if Louise were so vile, why was she she hesitating? Surely she could finish the job and be the hero she dreamed of? Did she still feel sorry for Louise, even after all this. All her friends were fighting for their lives and Elaine was risking them all for her own whims. The Regina needed to fall, even if she did have to kill Louise for it.

"No matter what I say, you always find a way to make me doubt myself. I ain't good at thinkin' or talking' most of them time, but I'm gonna do this for everyone. Including you." Elaine declared, putting the Oberon's thrusters on full. "I ain't saying that the Admiral didn't screw you over, but doing this is lettin' him screw you all over again. I'm gonna stop your robot, no matter what, I can't let you hurt anyone else."

She charged forwards, the Oberon's fist primed to drive into the Regina's main body. If she played things right, maybe she could save Louise. She'd need full power to take it down, hopefully it wouldn't be too much.

Elaine casts Accel and Valor, moves to 17,20 and attacks Louise with her Revolver Stake

Edited by Shin

"Elaine, you... H-How dare you... I, I thought you, of anyone, would understand--"

Louise was cut off by the sudden impact of Elaine's stake, driving it through her cockpit... Her vision blurred, staring down. Half of her mechanical harness remained... The other half had been blown away by the gigantic metal rod now making up half of her lower body. She coughed up blood, gasping for air, this... This was it. Killed, and by Elaine, of all people. What was she supposed to say? Was there anything she could say? A bloodied hand reached from her side, out towards the light coming into the Regina.

"I... J-Just... Wanted the, pain t-to stop... Please... Elaine..." She gasped for another breath, starting to cry, and laugh... but only laughing at herself. "This... World, it... It isn't fair... Is... it... Elai..."

Elaine gains +1200 EXP
Elaine gains +6 will

Tarquin was perplexed by Kazue's surreal battle cry, but it was put to the side by Makoto's situation. Whilst the others may have expressed concern, Tarquin was relatively calm about Makoto's siutation. Despite his limited experience, Makoto had proved that he was more than capable of being part of their team. Makoto was the kind of person to give his all for his companions, but was sensible enough to not sacrifice his own survival. Whilst he still had a long way to go, Tarquin was content to call him both an ally and a friend. "Your contributions have been vital against the Regina, you have provided a significant tactical advantage." Tarquin commended, the impending demise of the Regina gave him the freedom to focus elsewhere. "An offensive position is not currently required, please ensure your own safety is prioritised."

The end of the Regina came more quickly than he'd expected, and Elaine of all people had been the one to land the flying blow. Death from who Tarquin considered the poorest pilot was a cruel fate, but then again... it wasn't exactly as if Louise was innocent or undeserving by any means.

-

A sense of power rushed through Elaine as the Oberon's fist connected with the Regina. She could feel the vibration as she powered through, how much power had she put into the attack? It was only after Louise's message that she realised what she had done. Despite her best intentions, she was the one who had killed Louise - and unintentionall at that. The satisfaction drained from her face, a harsh sinking feeling settling in her stomach. Part of her wanted to be sick, another wanted to run away... what had she done? The hope that Louise could be saved was dashed by her dying words, nobody spoke like that unless they were done for.

"Wait no... holy shit! I didn't mean... not like this! Shit, shit, shit, shit!" Elaine howled, slamming both of her fists on her controls. How did she do something so stupid? Everyone else probably thought she had done the right thing intentionally, but why did it feel so wrong? Piloting the Regina, Louise was a colossal monster that threatened everything, but now she was a feeble dying animal. Elaine hadn't just killed her, she had outright murdered her, brutalising her to the point where her last moments were likely to have been agony. Elaine didn't feel like a hero, if anything it was like she was the villain. There was nothing she could do, what had happened could not be undone - and she would have to live with it for the rest of her life.

Edited by Shin

Makoto's charge had taken enough of Louise's attention that she ended up being put down by a relentless assault from his allies. After Elaine's stake pierced the cockpit, Louise's machine finally stopped moving... this was it, then? Makoto took a deep breath, hearing from Megumi over his crackling comm. "I am fine, doctor. Cockpit's a bit deformed, I think it's going to take some work from ground crew to open it this time. It didn't crush any of my limbs, though." That'd put her worries to rest, hopefully.

"Tarquin? Ah, thanks. Yeah, I'm not going down, trust me." He'd already promised. He'd played an important role in Louise's demise, somehow... even if he still wasn't able to fight on the same level as others. That was enough for the young boy to allow himself some rest, no longer as tense. It's not over yet, but I need to get out of this rubble first. First step to safety.

---

They... They took down the Regina? They killed Louise!? Fatima felt fear enter hear above all else. This was what that damned boat and its pilots were capable of? "C-Carlos, they... Th-They killed, her... Her! Louise! Wh-Wh,What, d, do we do?"

She actually did it. She broke formation thinking she could take them on, and now... How ridiculous. Carlos was quiet, but there was a clear silent rage expressed in his face --not that anyone could see it--. "I'm going to order the others to focus the Riese. Except the group focusing on Alphonse." Carlos let out a sigh after, his Rhea standing still, but with rifle aimed. "If those aliens can respond, it'd be nice to get them to target the Riese as well." That was also annoying, how he hadn't been relayed anything about the creatures. "I'm just about losing faith here. If they damage your unit critically, please evacuate." It was only at that moment that his rage subsided some. Just what are you doing over there, Helena?

Edited by Xinnidy

"You have my trust, I shall advance to provide fire support." Tarquin replied, easing the Aria closer to the front line. There were targets in range, but there was one that caught his eye, the Rhea. It was a tactical next target and it fit his own goals very nicely. Whether or not the Rhea's pilot died didn't matter, Tarquin's only goal was to put him through the same suffering as Nikolai. It wouldn't help his friend in any way, but it would enact a twisted justice for Tarquin himself. Perhaps it wasn't that different from Louise's mad quest that ended in her death, or the beginning of a slippery slope towards madness... but it didn't matter. It was what he wanted, and a necessary part of the task at hand, it was as simple as that.

"Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium..." Tarquin muttered to himself, his sights set on the Rhea as he came to a halt. 

Tarquin moves to 17,17!

"T-that thing is down... thank goodness."

Caroline moves to (19,19)!

--

From a distance, Alphonse's sub cameras had taken sight of all that happened to the Regina. His unit's activity was low, but he didn't need to act much, yet-- the heavies were covering for him. It all happened in a blur, partially thanks to the sub camera's quality, but he had seen it as it happened. Louise was taken down, ganged up by the Riese. Even if she had support from Apotheosis, her death was in vain. "Ugh... why did you do this, girl." While the Admiral understood well it was a fruit of her decisions past the dismissal, that end had left nothing but a bitter taste in his mouth. Perhaps there was something more he could've done to stop it, but she was fueled with rage. Louise despised him, and now, she hadn't even been able to confront him on her last moments.

It didn't have to be this way. Why... why reach out to that woman?

Elaine got nothing but quiet as the stake retracted from the Regina's cockpit, a spatter of blood sprayed along it. Louise was dead, there was no going back. This hadn't bothered another pilot as much as Elaine, but it was a bittersweet feeling.

Chris grimaced as the Regina stopped moving, shaking her head. "That's that... Damn fool. All of this, for some fucking revenge. I just... I hate, that I can understand a part of her. But, just a part... The rest... This was all we could do for someone like that." Death was more than Louise deserved with all the wanton destruction she'd caused... But no talking or convincing would've stopped her, and killing Alphonse just to assuage her pain wouldn't have solved anything. It wouldn't make those memories go away...

"We've still got work to do here, Brant. But... Seeing this, I know we can make it through."

Christina felt similarly, but more onto one side of the spectrum. "It's sad... Isn't it, Kim? That she lost herself to her pain, so horribly... I can't imagine..." Christina bit her lip, trying to focus back on the battle.

Hannah had her own comments on what had happened, but... They could wait until the fighting was over.

Hannah transforms, moves to 18,21, and then untransforms!

"I suppose in a way, it is. She let herself... be consumed entirely by hatred. It's difficult to imagine... what could have been, had she set that drive to a different cause. There's nothing to be done for it now... I'm initializing the ARES system, Chrissy. If it becomes too much, let me know." Kim replied, watching the Regina go down to Elaine's Oberon, turning the MARS rifle away from the newly silent machine. For a moment, she had felt a flicker of doubt in Elaine towards the end, and had she faltered the Lieutenant would have been ready to demolish the remains of it's cockpit in an instant. Even now the fiery pilot seemed... subdued, distraught. Hardly what one would expect considering what she had just accomplished. Now wasn't the time to question it. As the consoles within the Artemis began to glow red, ARES emblazoned on the monitors as the machine's inner working revved to life, Kim turned towards the remainder of Apotheosis' commanding units, vents beginning to open and glow red with heat, and mono-eye burning ever brighter, the machine's limiters lifting.

"Will you still fight to your deaths, with your trump card gone? Surely you know there's only one way this ends, now."

The Regina was actually down for the count? Megumi was relieved, but ... also thoroughly shocked, yet again. She knew her older sister Ellen would make a joke about it once she got the details. Something about cutscene power levels vs actual power levels, most likely. Still, they accomplished something incredible here, and the doctor hoped all the cameras were rolling. She had to sit back in her seat and let out some of the built up tension in a heavy sigh.

... and then curiosity set in. If Apotheosis wasn't going to retreat after that fiasco, what next? There were a lot of enemies out there, including two Chaldenes, and enough customized machines to make things a little messy. It also seemed like Makoto was going to stay out there in his damaged Phalanx for the time being, which felt especially dangerous for the next few passes with Apotheosis.

"Nice job," Sasha's voice came through over the comms to the bridge. That was around the same time the lights returned to normal. Unfortunately that pair of limit break volleys had left the ship unamused and most of the limiters started switching back on automatically. Firmia could only watch them come back randomly as she listened to Sasha. "Keep it up, and don't forget about the salvage."

Right ... the salvaging was going to be an absolute nightmare if they won this. Still, this was the end of their gorgon problem, Firmia noted, feeling Louise's presence flicker away slowly but surely. It didn't surprise the Alkaev captain in the least that her sense of Brant was going downhill, again. He'd be alright ... he'd been about as bad off when the fighting first started. They had other business to attend to now, but she'd keep an eye on him just the same. "Thanks for the intel about Carlos, Louise," Firmia eyed the Regina's wreckage with the faintest appreciative grin. The hatred and disgust was ... gone, now. "Rest in peace. Alright, Flores, prepare to target the Rhea with the sniper rifle. Don't aim for the cockpit this time. If there's any way to take that one in tact ... or mostly in tact, we're doing it."

"Oh right, the one I was trying to keep busy while you and Sasha got yourselves to the Riese," Tonya noted with a wince. She was in no position for a rematch ... "You want to take that guy alive? You know there are about two dozen Alkaev mechanics that might have made it onto the Avalon if not for him, right? People that were already your employees. Technically ..."

"Yes," Firmia nodded somberly, though her tone seemed to change rather quickly, "but I still need the upper half of that machine. Edson or Gordon might be able to pilot it, so let's take it." She went right back to somber and serious ... "As for Carlos, I need to see his face at least once before this is over. The ANF can have him after that ..." He hadn't just murdered a bunch of noncombatants that were loyal to the company, he'd also forced Firmia herself onto the Riese indefinitely thanks to shooting down the Black Swan. She'd been so introverted up to that point, so uninterested in other people or their troubles, but they still made certain she was good to go when it was time to get off the transport. Those were nameless faces, encouraging voices, friends she didn't know she needed, all of whom were only going to get fuzzier with time. It was painful realizing what she'd truly lost that day, indeed like Tonya had said, what the Avalon herself had lost.

While her pilot and gunner prepared for the next phase of the battle, Firmia went to some of her notes in her tablet, checking to see if a recent note she'd made was still there. Sure enough, it was: a memorial wall. Once she had the time, Firmia still planned to gather the profiles of the people killed on that transport plane, as well as the Russian air force squadron escorting them, and make a memorial wall somewhere aboard the Avalon. With access to all the Alkaev records, and a few other perks of the journal, it would be incredibly easy. It wasn't much, but if not for them, she wouldn't even be here.

Still more fighting to do ... a lot more judging by enemy numbers. It made sense; this was Apotheosis going all out apparently, though their frontal assault had turned against them so fast there were probably a dozen heads spinning on their side. Brant though, Brant just felt remorse. Not for suggesting they kill Louise or contributing to the deed, but for each and every instance when he wasn't a strong enough, influential enough presence to convince anyone of anything. He peeled his helmet off with one hand, setting it down in his lap, and then using that same hand to wipe his face, addressing old and new tears alike.

"We had to do it, to put an end to that pain, and to keep her from taking it out on anyone else. I'm just tired ... tired of people thinking like she did." I want this. I want it now and anything in the way is the real problem, not me or my intentions. It was like a disease of the mind, and there didn't seem to be a cure for it. "I'm not strong enough or smart enough to do anything about it right now, so ... let's just ... put down the rest of them and ... call it a day ..." Brant slipped his helmet back on and adjusted it, keeping one hand on the controls like usual. Once he was finished, he put both hands back on the controls. A very sad day ...

"Makoto," Jess began, their largest threat dealt with, "if possible, please retreat to the Riese. I'm glad to hear that you're okay, but we need to fix your machine. It's taken a severe hit to its frame, even if it takes a few minutes to fix it up, I don't want to risk any fractures during battle. Shrapnel sneaking its way through a crack could be fatal." And with how much was happening on the battlefield, it wasn't a far cry from possible. Something else was bugging Jess, those foreign models down the base, mid range. Tapping some controls on the console, Jess started up the ship's automated turret defenses, issuing a warning to all on board crew. They were all in the system and wouldn't be shot at, but Jess had to warn them not to get stuck in the crossfire. A quick message to the androids as well, she couldn't shake the feeling that Apoth was beyond boarding attempts this time.

"Brant... Wait--" Chris was about to try and console him, but an all too familiar feeling started to sink in. With Louise dead, the battlefield's emotions were so much calmer, her rage and sadness having disappeared. There was plenty of fear, rage, confusion, sadness, and worry from all directions, though none as strong as hers... And one, specific empty feeling. One she knew all too well. "Alright, maybe you can make this day better for yourself... That machine over there," she started, fingers flying over a keyboard to focus one of the sub cameras over to it. "That's called the Metis. It's a specialized TK machine that they've started putting into practice... There's... There's another me on it. If you focus, you'll probably feel her as well. I guess they fixed their clones... But if you want today to end having saved at least one worthwhile life, we could contact the Artemis for some help on a non-lethal take down. What do you think?"

For Chris, putting these clones out of their misery wasn't exactly a bad idea... If Apoth had truly succeeded in their measures, they'd be emotionless husks, that only followed orders. But if they hadn't... If they'd just buried everything, like they almost had for Chris... Then saving her would be worth its weight in gold, for Brant's psyche.

Christina felt the shock of the system immediately, focusing immediately on Kim. It was hard to put all the other emotions floating about out of her mind, but she was trying... "J-Just... Focus..." She could hear all the motions inside the cockpit, closing her eyes made it worse, so she kept them open and focused on the floor of the cockpit. "I... I can do, this." The air was crisp, her breathing was loud, her heart was beating in her ears, and Kim was fine? "I'm... She's, not... Better, than me...!" There was no way she couldn't do this too. Lives were on the line, she could handle the shock of it all after.

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

There came the rush of clarity, every minute detail becoming abundantly clear. Her senses felt superhuman, every time her eyes scanned the camera, combat possibilities she had never thought of sprung to life in her mind. It was like she was truly one with the Artemis, she almost felt like, if the T-link was stronger, she could control it without even using the console... Christina wasn't having as violent a reaction as last time, but she clearly wasn't taking it as well as Seung-Min.

"Just focus on steady breaths, Chrissy. It's more sensory input... than we're used to, but we already deal with that... every day. I know that you can do this." Kim noted calmly, though her own mental strain snuck it's way through, voice wavering if only slightly. Perhaps feeling that would assuage Christina's worries, to some extent.

Two hard volleys from the beam cannons, both direct hits on the Regina. They had clearly dealt hefty damage, though unfortunately the machine still managed to remain operational. It was of little consequence however, Tonya easily evading the riposte and the monstrous serpent was soon finished and put down for good, it's cockpit caving in beneath a blow from one of their allies' revolver bunker... what a gruesome way to go. It seemed their next target was what looked like a command type model of the advanced machines ahead of them, and they were trying to capture it?

"Understood, Captain. Aiming for non-lethal takedown, prioritize leg damage to maximize salvage of the upper body."

As the machines around the Riese engaged with the Regina, Alriana couldn't tear her eyes away from the battle. The sheer amount of power and skill that went into dogpiling that one machine gave her mixed feelings. On one hand, she wished to do battle with the enemy pilots; there were finally foes that would put up a fight. On the other, she felt something she hadn't felt in a long time: fear. She wouldn't be walking away if she engaged with these enemies before she made it onto the ship. She would have to board now; there was no other option for her. "Mggoka mg'nglui," she ordered the Almydis, manually overriding the warnings that came with such a decision. She wouldn't fail here, not with so much at stake.

She opened a channel to the remaining leader of her pseudo-allies. "Y' take target hai. Not hafh ahog."

The same unit from Corona Ten? That's definitely what this Metis looked like, and what the Regalia's sensor data was telling him. And the pilot was another clone of Christina? On the one hand, Brant wanted to save her if it was possible ... and considering what they had done in the past, it was definitely possible. The proof was all around them, and even sitting just behind him. They could do it ... but where and when would they draw the line? Brant couldn't shake that terrible thought. Which would be the last 'christina' that lived, and the first that had to die to spare the team casualties of their own? Brant had a feeling that line was going to be drawn as soon as there was more than one of the clones to deal with at the same time. At that point, the risk might be too great. It was terrible to have to consider, but today wasn't that day, was it? This was a tragedy in the making ... but at least for today they could do something.

It was rather obvious what Brant was thinking, now ... "This is Merlin to the Artemis. We could use your help with something, here ..." Rather than explaining over the comms, he sent them the Regalia's current targeting priorities. One was the Rhea ... that couldn't be helped with Firmia controlling certain things from the Avalon ... but the other was the Metis. Brant made sure that one was highlighted blue for them. "Same strategy you used on the Oberon." Kim would get it.

"I-I know... I'm... Trying." And there was Brant, what was he talking about? She was too strained to look at any incoming data, it was just loud beeps on the screen. Whatever same as the Oberon meant, Kim would have to figure it out. Hopefully soon, this was already getting to an unbearable point.

"We can do this, Chrissy. You can do this." Kim noted, as the communication came through from Brant, with some of the enemy units highlighted. The one he seemed to be pointing to in particular... that machine from Corona ten, the one that had led to her getting pinned against Vera. What did Brant want with...? As soon as she focused in that direction, what Brant wanted became abundantly clear, the signature coming from that machine all too familiar.

"Understood, Merlin. I'll try to find an opening... you know, one of these days doing this is going to get you hurt, or worse." Kim replied, setting her system to track the Metis. Another thing to keep on top of during all this wasn't ideal, but if they didn't at least try... it likely would make things worse for Christina later on.