Final Map against Duma...i almost smashed my 3DS.

Ok

I got Tatiana lvl4 . Fortify is very useful.

I was  on a kinda "dance" to know when i need to attack the Duma Priest. I did it.

I killed also one of the two sorcerer in front of Duma.

Then, Duma Breath on Alm. 1 HP, Alm killed by a Moghal. WTF.... How is it possible to go attack Duma without loosing one unit?

Surround him and let him attack you instead. Also, lure him away from the Medusa Arcanist nearby - especially if you're playing hard mode.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Only attack Duma if you can be confident in the kill. Otherwise clear out every last thing surrounding him first. Remember, he has a long range attack, so you can probably aggro him to attack a squishier unit that's a bit farther away, around the area were Jedah was, that can safely tank the hit while being out of range to die from any of the other enemies. Use Fortify every single turn, even if it looks like you don't need it. If you can cast it, then there's someone somewhere than can do with a health top up. Better safe than sorry (and also remember to have a second Cleric topping up Taitana).

Edited by Jotari

11 hours ago, SilasKnight said:

Ok

I got Tatiana lvl4 . Fortify is very useful.

I was  on a kinda "dance" to know when i need to attack the Duma Priest. I did it.

I killed also one of the two sorcerer in front of Duma.

Then, Duma Breath on Alm. 1 HP, Alm killed by a Moghal. WTF.... How is it possible to go attack Duma without loosing one unit?

If Silque has Invoke, use it. If she doesn't, fix that - she spawns Dread Fighters, infinitely more useful than Genny's Soldiers or Tatiana's Pegasus Knights. I had one lucky-as-heck Dread Fighter(ceremoniously posthumously named Yoshi for his achievement) who went toe-to-toe with Duma for five turns, keeping him occupied by dodgetanking while I handled the rest of the map with my actual Units. He also killed the Medusa user while he was at it. Alas, eventually Duma got the better of him, poor Illusionary Soul, and he was laid to rest in honor. Though he dealt no damage to the mighty Dragon, he nonetheless was the true hero of the battle, selflessly sacrificing his own life so that his comrades could obtain the victory their country so desperately needed.

Incidentally, Marth and Roy Amiibo Summons can also kill Duma thanks to their fabulous Dragonkiller Weaponry, and are no real loss if they fail to kill and bite it, so if you have a Marth or Roy that's an option for when you're trying to aggro him to your group - just Summon them onto the very furthest space Duma can reach, he'll charge them down assuming you don't have any other Units or Illusions in his range, and if they survive they'll get to counterattack, setting you up to hit with your other Units. If you choose this, though, remember you can only have a total of eight Illusions on the field at a time, including Amiibo, so be careful with your Illusion-Summoning once you start getting ready to charge the Dragon himself. I'm also not entirely certain how to make sure you Summon them to the right square, so try to get that figured out.

Other than that…uh…maybe forge Parthia for the Uber-Range-Special-Attack? I think that might outrange even Duma, but I may be wrong.

If I'm bad at these games and I was able to finish Echoes on classic hard, then you can beat this.

What I did: spam of summons for the random monsters, spaming Fortify and Rescue and some tanky units to help the summons. When every enemy not called random monster or Duma was dead, I let Alm to go near Duma, but far enought for not taking and attack (a single attack from him on enemy phase could kill my Alm). Then on player phase I let Alm to attack from adyacent space, for some reason he could survive that (the attack that kills him from Duma is the not adyacent one), after attacking, I rescue him,  heal him, and then end the turn. Repeat this until Duma got killed.

That's what I did after Alm died one time thanks to Duma, then I decided to always attack and rescue, and it worked

I did this fight on hard/classic the other day by slowly moving my units past Jedah and then spamming Invoke with Genny. The enemies always went for the illusions first, and then my units could finish them off on the next turn. Also, I stayed out of range of Duma and the Medusa user for as long as possible and fought the other monsters first. Duma doesn't move unless someone is in his range (this includes the illusions too), and I don't think the Medusa user moves at all, so you can wait until your team is ready before approaching them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2018 at 4:21 PM, VincentASM said:

It's been a while since I did this battle, but you can try using Invoke to lure/distract the enemies.

I would also recommend this strat. I did this and it works very effectively.