We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't be able to post anything until late tonight (~11pm-12am CST), as I'm about to head out to my closing shift. Eye is still giving me trouble, but will do what I can when I get back.

2 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

Mind explaining why Fable? I mean I can guess, but I'd like to hear you explain it.

Why do you feel they were scummy earlier, and what was good about their recent stuff?

Fable doesn't seem serious to me in his posts, so he's either a schum who is destracting people or a meme player.

satsume overdid the voting thing and that was kinda weired, but he explained.

Bartiozo made more sense in his last comment so I'm just saying he's not scum to me anymore. I do not have any great reads on him

3 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

Also @zeus_112, how do you respond to the criticism on your play? Not the inactive part, but the rest.

You mean my selfish (or lazy) play?

I do understand them, but I don't really have an answer to them because I realize to that I ain't productive.

@Fable I would expect you to play a bit differently if you're part of a team. You've made it clear that you're a bit awkward because you don't know a lot of people, but if you were Mafia, I'd expect you to be more confident, I think. 3p is not out of the realm of possibility I guess. 

1 minute ago, athena_57 said:

"The voting thing" is what exactly?

whether his vote was working or not, it may just be me, but it was distracting whem I read the conversations I missed

2 minutes ago, zeus_112 said:

You mean my selfish (or lazy) play?

I do understand them, but I don't really have an answer to them because I realize to that I ain't productive.

No, I mean the part about asking me to unvote, or the "making excuses" about why you're not voting. Cause that's why via (and I think Eclipse?) are voting you atm.

5 hours ago, Bibbon said:

I'll explain the Bbm thing in a more detailed post.

Regarding the other: "Everyone looks towny" is such an innocent thing to say, right? But if you start approaching the game from that perspective, I don't see how it benefits town. Maybe I'm thinking too much into it, but it's something that definitely sticks out to me.  

Who's scum, and why?  You had a post where you mentioned a bunch of town reads, so can I safely assume that everyone that wasn't named was null?

5 hours ago, Bibbon said:

I'm not quite sure if I should believe this or not. If I do decide to believe it, then it would clear you as town... 

It's null.  Had he not said anything, and was targeted by an investigative role later-on, it would look bad, especially during massclaim.

3 hours ago, athena_57 said:

Wanted to reiterate I still do not agree with the cases on weapons, I just think scum wouldn't behave so weird. I don't know him though, anyone with more experience w/ regards to his meta capable of telling me whether this is something you'd see him doing as scum?

Weapons is THE shenanigans-guy.  If you have time, read this.

Hence why his early posts were more eyebrow-raising than a definite read for me.

And on a non-gameplay note, mind changing your title?  I think you can pull off the same effect without swearing.

1 hour ago, Jaybee said:

I don't really know how to feel wrt the way eclipse is playing, which is targeting people for playing poorly (Zeus, Satsuma, Fable's first post) instead of targeting people for being scummy. I recall you saying earlier that you were null/town on most of the active players - is that something that's changed? I'm townreading clipsey but I wanna know how you feel about the more active players. || Also I agree with Via that this line of attack has a different vibe than Via's own vote on Zeus - I'd sheep Via's case tbh.

Someone who isn't going to interact will bring the town down.  It's something that'll stick in the back of people's minds.  As the game shrinks, each town vote is worth more (unless it's this).  Thus, I'd rather get rid of such slots early, rather than argue "lynch the scummy person or the guy that isn't here and has very little content" in MYLO.  I know we have a fair amount of subs, but whether they'll be able to catch up and post meaningful things is another matter entirely (unless it's Snike, in which case I don't have to think too hard).

Will get to the active players below.

---

Of the recent posters, Marth left the worst impression.  Satsuma's one of the bones of contention, doesn't have that many posts, and you need to reread him along with a bunch of other people?  Meanwhile, you're catching trivial things.  Priorities, man.

Bibbon's doing something, but I want to see more.  One early reads post and three response posts is pretty sparse at this point in time.  You too, JB.

Not feeling a Weapons lynch, he's actually giving some sort of reads.  On reread, I like Bart's last post, and wouldn't mind having him stick around another phase.  While I'm not really feeling a Satsuma lynch, I won't protest it on the grounds that it'll give amazing associative reads.  Not really interested in lynching athena ATM, since his content has improved.

. . .and cut by the guy I was gonna continue voting.  It's. . .something.  And even if it's a poorly-explained something, on a guy who I'm not scum-reading, there's signs of life.

What the hell I'm not scumreading @Zkirsche, but I would like to know what you think of Shinori.

34 minutes ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Zeus has a strong newbscum tell IMO but I'll go with this: ##Vote: Junko

Zeus will probably show his true colours as the day advances, I'd rather push this slot for now. Junko is a better vote than athena IMO though.

The more I read this post, the worse I feel.  Not because of the reads, but because zeus was a bit of a wagon, is read as newbscum, and Marth votes Junko instead.

##Unvote
##Vote: Marth

wagon is short for bandwagon, a bandwagon means something that a lot of people are on board with, hence wagon = person with a lot o votes on them

2 minutes ago, Bibbon said:

I'm composing a long post. I'll give a scum read just now. I'm having a hard time navigating this site and I have yet to figure out how to ISO a single player. 

For people that don't post much outside of mafia: Click on their name, then click on See their activity.  Words like a mini-ISO.

Someone linked the ISO script earlier in the topic (I think it was Bart).  Not sure if that will help.  One tab a page can work, if you skip the first three or so.

Otherwise, blame the forum software.  I do.

6 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

No, I mean the part about asking me to unvote, or the "making excuses" about why you're not voting. Cause that's why via (and I think Eclipse?) are voting you atm.

ow.. well I just didn't want votes on me, is that really that weird?

The "making excuses" was answering their questions about why I wasn't voting.

weapons's last post is fine. my gut is kind of just like what via said; I feel like he might have gone over the top trying to emulate his town style. and I still don't really know what weight to give to that vs his last post.

jb's last post is whatever. lot of it seems perfunctory.

i dislike bibbon's post saying there are scum on the athena wagon and then doing no analysis to find out who those scum might be. but she's working on a post so i'll wait for that

i unfortunately don't have a lot of time today so i'll have to leave it here sorry. should be back in around 5-6 hours and will do more then.

also nobody is even voting athena and they've never had more than 3 votes afaicr. i don't know where this perception that he's shaping up to be a d1 mislynch is coming from.

just woke up and I'm mega groggy but as o stated yesterday I'd sheep marth votes cuz wasn't feeling good about his content earlier either

4 minutes ago, zeus_112 said:

ow.. well I just didn't want votes on me, is that really that weird?

The "making excuses" was answering their questions about why I wasn't voting.

I wanted to point this out. You've clarified this two times before. That you don't want votes on me.  I think it's strange you'd mention this so many times. I think this just comes off as "I'm not scum I swear" 

There's also a serious lack of content here with a lot of your posts being just casually defending yourself. (Unless I have missed some of your posts because this site is hard to navigate.) 

I have you on my scum pile but I'm not sure if I should vote you, since I have a few more scum reads. 

i ctrl+f people's full username if it's usually shortened if i'm trying to find specific posts which usually works pretty well, or if not something like their member title or location

3 minutes ago, Bibbon said:

You've clarified this two times before. That you don't want votes on me.  I think it's strange you'd mention this so many times.

Its not strange to anwer peoples questions is it? If they ask me 10 times again I will answer 10 times with the same answer.

And for the defending myself thing. Its just my way of playing. I think of it this way: people start questioning me, I defend myself and if I've defended myself well they will question someone else. If I did not defend myself well enough they hang me.

7 minutes ago, BBM said:

also nobody is even voting athena and they've never had more than 3 votes afaicr. i don't know where this perception that he's shaping up to be a d1 mislynch is coming from.

Do you think votes are the only things that matter? If a player is cased a lot and has a lot of negative attention drawn to them, they eventually end up being lynched at some point.

This is why I typically discourage talking about the same person all the time. If you have a bunch of people saying "I didn't like this post, I didn't like that post" eventually it adds up and lynches happen like that. 

Just now, Bibbon said:

Do you think votes are the only things that matter? If a player is cased a lot and has a lot of negative attention drawn to them, they eventually end up being lynched at some point.

This is why I typically discourage talking about the same person all the time. If you have a bunch of people saying "I didn't like this post, I didn't like that post" eventually it adds up and lynches happen like that. 

Well, how else are lynches supposed to happen?  It's D1, all we have are posts.