We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Makaze said:

You were never a wagon and got townread literally in the first post of all the flipped players. This is not a good Mafia move IMO.

I mean, same.

4 minutes ago, Makaze said:

Also, give your own reasoning for the Walrein vote. Any new info I didn't dig up? @SatsumaFSoysoy

Didn't I talk about it last night already? I haven't even finished reading whatever you coughed up in 10 hours.

As for Snike, he says he thinks the scumteam was trying to pocket us so we would keep the tunnel on Athena alive while not casing the scumteam much, then if we get mislynched or something they could use that to get on Athena's case too. Both Athena being Town and Athena being scum getting bussed makes sense in this situation to Snike, but now he can't say for certain which Networker is more likely to be scum.

I would moreso say athena town actually makes sense in that scenario because then scumteam wouldn't be intentionally winding up a sacrificial play.

Like if/when the slot flips town in that scenario, I think my words on athena would carry that much more weight and provide another phase to skate by.

I can't explain the walrein hydra dismissal as town though unless it was a preemptive attempt to pocket said hydra for towncred when it would flip.

1 hour ago, Beru said:

because Makaze is the only one driving the game forward even if he's wrong all the time killing him would kill the game and in dead games mafia win

No. This is the most active game ever played here even before he replaced into it. People overreacting to him is just the village being weak.

My pool is [athena/Walrein/Evan/Makaze] atm.

Can someone tell me why people have cleared Evan?

He's not cleared, but to me I wasn't scumreading LG and none of his posts have made me think "this only comes from scum".  Also, the way he fumbled his claim seems more like town than scum to me.

1 hour ago, Beru said:

because Makaze is the only one driving the game forward even if he's wrong all the time killing him would kill the game and in dead games mafia win

What no. Plenty of people are playing the game. Just because Makaze is the most active and seemingly the most invested doesn't mean the town physically can't function without them.

13 hours ago, Refa said:

I saw Shinori's vote on the slot, something that struck me as weird was that Athena never really responds to Shinori's cases on him despite townreading the slot.  Very strange!  If a townread was voting me, I'd be very hurt confused.  These were the wagons after he voted Athena as well.  In a vacuum, I'd argue this makes Athena look good BUT the lack of interaction from Shinori makes him look worse AND it makes his JB vote far less telling.

I didn't respond to Shinori, because all he did was say "Yah, what Snike said", so by responding to Snike I was basically responding to Shinori's points. Shinori didn't really ask me direct questions/quote my posts/do anything interactive wrt me. This supports the shinori trying to pocket Snoyke theory by the way.

7 hours ago, Omega. said:

I'm voting athena. He was wolfy AF D1, to hell with the bussing and other shit. Also, eclipse was targeted for a kill N1. Her main pushes were athena/zeus (now Makaze), and there was the debacle from page 9-13 where zeus/Bibbon/Fable/athena got into a huge slapfight. Bibbon was villager, Fable's off the table, so that leaves zeus/athena unless you tell me it was all a bunch of villagers fighting. I doubt it though; I think zeus was either a caught wolf or athena was taking advantage of an easy push. If for some horrible reason the Makaze slot is a villager, athena's usually the wolf jumping on an easy push there. Or zeus was just caught which would explain why Makaze has been open wolfing for quite some time now. I wanted to wait until him/Walrein posted, but this village has no idea what the fuck it's doing so just kill like him, Evan, and Makaze if you guys lynch me today.

##Vote: athena

For fuck's sake, I wasn't pushing Zeus at any point and I wasn't scumreading him at any point. This is the fifth time now someone has claimed I was scumreading him and I'm pretty much fuming right now. Zeus was fucking NULL for me the whole time and it wasn't me pushing him, it wasn't me pressuring him, it wasn't me casing him, it was me trying to get him to post.

I don't see why you classify this as slapfight/all of us fighting when there was barely interaction between me, Fable and Bibbon, only between each of us and Zeus.

Reading what's been said today, it's hard to write my conclusive feelings on it, as most of it is discarded later this day or is the repeating of arguments in the case of makaze vs omega. Maybe I'm just too tired though. If there is any interaction/post in specific someone wants me to give an opinion on (mostly looking at you @Omega.), refer me to them and I will reply.

As for the cases being discussed, I like both the cases given by Makaze, being the ITP case on Omega and the case on Walrein. For more on this, see below.

As of now, my reads are:

Certainly town:

Alette, Baldrick, Fable, Refa, Via

Probably town:

Kill (Feels very town, but Shinori not voting Kirsche remains weird)
Makaze (I'm inclined to think his reads have just been off. His tone overall is good, his thought progression reads natural. I dislike how extremely convinced he appears at all times, only to swap away later, but that's probably just the way he is regardless of alignment.)

This leaves Evan, Omega, Snoyke, Beru and Walrein

The most towny of this bunch is Snoyke, and I can buy the pocket theory. Wouldn't lynch as of now.

Omega being ITP over rolespec makes a lot of sense to me. From a design setup, giving them protection against mafia, but giving mafia a tool to deal with it makes too much sense to be coincidence.

Of the others, I like the case on Walrein, and they are the who I'm voting on.

##Vote: Walrein

There's not much I can say here, I agree with the points being presented and of all the people in my PoE pool they are the one with the least 'redeeming qualities'. I think I remember liking LG's posts and Sully's defense looks better, knowing Arcanite was town, as the main reason I was convinced on the case was their buddying.

I'd lynch Beru over Evan atm, Evan's posts are a bit of a mixed bag with the weird theory on the hydra and the triple vig-theory, but overall I like it. Both of them have only recently subbed in though, so I can't judge them on their own play too much yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember Walrein or any of the flipped scum really interacting with either of LG and Sully?

I'm afraid I'm still pretty much in the mindset of lynching people within the PoE pool and seeing where it goes, I lack the conviction on any of them which some others like Makaze do appear to have right now. I was a lot more motivated when I had clearer scumreads in day 1 to 3, but now that Arc has flipped town and my PoE pool is pretty indistinguishable I don't really know where to push. I'm hoping Walrein, Beru and Evan posting more allows me to narrow it further down.

2 minutes ago, Makaze said:

@Athena

Is there is a fifth Mafia who is it?

Do you think there is?

Either Beru or Evan I think.

I do not have enough experience to give a reliable guess at how many there are, sorry. If you forced me to place I guess I'd say there is one.

Day 4.13 - Votals
Omega. (3): via, Baldrick
Walrein (3): Fable, Makaze, athena_57
athena_57 (2): Refa, Omega.
Snike + SatsumaFSoySoy (2): Alette, EvanManManMan

Not Voting: Beru, Killthestory, Snike + SatsumaFSoySoy, Walrein

You have ~48 hours left in the day. With 13 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 9 to hammer.

He quickly and accurately listed his coffee choices if he gets correctly and I believe his claim. There is no way town has just one day if when the Mafia had a strongman and an there is an itp. Plus the mafia bookie could just predict their own kill which makes it just a vig.

Just rewriting completely

He quickly and accurately listed his vig choices if he bets correctly and I believe his claim. There is no way town has just one dayvif if when the Mafia had a strongman and an there is an itp. Plus the mafia bookie could just predict their own kill which makes it just a vig.