We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Killthestory said:

@Omega run me through your process on walrein makaze athena evan. 

Walrein cuz he's firmly in the PoE, hasn't done anything, Fable's voting him, etc. He had a good start to D1 but it's not enough at this point.

Makaze for introducing pushes that have been confirmed to help the wolf agenda like eclipse, myself, Sully (read his posts and tell me he isn't pure), etc. His defense is "I'm close the walls in on myself if I'm wolf/3p" but that's lol because he will always someway, somehow, find a way to keep casing different people and shift his PoEs around. That said, the upside to his content is that he voted Jaybee right before he got shot, and he's probably not mafia if Walrein is. I think he has decent 3p equity though, and that village should always kill him before endgame in this game. He's the one who started this "Omega is 3p" wrong garbage and it's benefiting the wolf/3p agenda, so keep an eye out for who else latches on to that. Speaking of which:

athena for a wolfy D1. Only reason he is alive is because the flipped wolves have shat on him. He actually just said that he would lynch Sully (now Beru), which I think is bad and wolfy because I really don't think that's a good play any time soon. That said, if Walrein's a wolf, I'd leave him alone because he'd be confirmed to just be a networker. If SB/Iris gave 3p BOTH networking + SK powers that's really lame and borderline bastard.

Evan cuz LG just looks worse than everyone else and I don't know how I justify anyone else going before him besides the other 3. 

Then there's Snike who has been floated. Meh, I don't think he's wolf. Maybe 3p but meh, just meh. Refa's description of LG, i.e., "He just hasn't done anything that's struck me as super scummy" is how I feel about Snike, and I found his paranoia throughout the game a bit villagery.

SB/Iris wouldn't consider that bastard (giving 3P networker as a fakeclaim).  Not gonna lie, I'm kind of lost as how to catch 3P though, so I'm not even trying.

I still feel like my vote's at the best place it can be.  @athena_57 Fair enough regarding your Shinori stance but it seems strange that you talked to him through Snike and you still seem like scum to me ignoring that.  Even regarding your current post, it feels like you're going w/the flow but not really bothering to analyze anything.  

The Snike stance also seems strange after the previous day and also I feel like you'd look more into the people voting you as town. /shrug

@Vi-astra What are your thoughts on Omega's later posts?

@Baldrick If you had to lynch between Athena/Walrein, who would you pick and why?  What's your current read on Athena?

@Alette You said you were gut townreading Walrein.  What are your thoughts on Omega VS Athena?

@EvanManManMan Thought on Omega VS Athena VS Walrein?

@Beru @Killthestory @Snike @SatsumaFSoysoy @Walrein Who do you want to vote?

Oh.

Right now the play is to hit mafia for the information a mafia flip would give, so I don't plan on voting for Omega. Can you explain to me why you scumread Athena? I don't see it nor do I see the role being scum. Of those three I would definitely choose Walrein but Snike/Stasuma is still an option we should definitely consider.

I feel that if Snike/Satsuma is mafia, they are the last mafia. The mafia PRs have been pretty strong and a godfather hydra would suit the grouping pretty well imo. It wouldn't make sense on a setup basis for the hydra to be mafia with another alive player. Therefore I feel there is one mafia left and it is between Snike/Walrein. We should chain lynch them and we have the best chance of hitting mafia and potentially even the ITP.

On 4/20/2018 at 12:42 PM, SullyMcGully said:

Makaze, your confidence is... amusing. In fact, I'd say it helps townclear you in my book because I don't believe mafia would push someone they know is town (me) with this much certainty. Then again, I remember this same level of confidence EoD2 when Kirsche had committed an "absolute scumtell" of some sort. My confidence in your towniness is unshaken. My confidence in your reasoning is pretty much gone though. 

I'm town, people. You seem to believe otherwise with a lot of certainty, but if your plan is to lynch me tomorrow regardless of how Arc flips, go ahead and lynch me now. Because I feel like my flip will do more for town than Arc's in that case. If any of you would like to ask me about particular reads and such, I can explain myself, but if you're SO certain that I'm scum that you don't think you need to engage me, then you're going to look really stupid and not very townlike when I flip. 

The fact that almost everybody agrees with Makaze's logic on me is unsettling. And Arc's defense of me is either Arc trying to confirm everyone's suspicions by acting like we're buddies or Arc actually being genuine town standing up for me for standing up for them. I'm not convinced that my flip would prove anything about anyone else, but it seems we're all sheeping Makaze here and it would be better to get it out of the way. 

One thing I want to make clear is that when I flip town, it doesn't clear Arc (I still think the slot is scummy) or make Kill automatically scum (I find Kill's play scummy, but Kirsche's play is hard to reconcile with Junko flip.) At any rate, lynch me and you won't be losing a valuable role or a valuable contributor. Arc is neither of those either, but whoever is pulling the strings here seems prepared to use an Arc lynch and ensuing flip in their favor. Lynching me should catch them by surprise and give town a slight advantage.

I don't know what I can tell you to convince you that my role is real. It's real, I've been hinting at it all game and I don't see why it's such an upset. It's not much of a gamechanger as far as roles go, and it's horribly nerfed in a role madness game. The reason I said Eclipse was cleared earlier was because of how confirmed scum (Shinori) (also I was still uncertain about BBM at that point) had tried to get her lynched.

I honestly don't know whether I should feel honored that you think I'm some kind of master mafioso who has managed to stay undercover this long or to feel insulted that you think I'm Arc's scumbuddy and I'm letting them behave the way they are. But seriously: what are Arc's hypothetical scumbuddies? Whenever you lynch Arc, if they flips scum I'd assume the scumteam is very disorganized or (more likely) unmotivated, I don't see them letting Arc run around like they have been doing. Finally, if you're like Walrein and are scumreading Arc just based off of his tone, please stop and look at Weapons. Arc is too much of a wild card to predict alignment from their tone, and they have no previous scum experience for us to look at.

If you guys would like to point out what bothers you the most about my play, I'd be grateful. Regardless of how scummy my actions look, I'm town so there must be a town reason for them. Also, for those of you who don't think I'm interested in scumhunting, that's one of three things that could produce the kind of content I have. The others are that I'm no good at scumhunting or that I don't have time for scumhunting, and those are the two reasons that my play (outside of my apparent "obvtown" moments) has been kinda poor.

I'm pretty bad at defending myself. In P5, I pretty much depended on other players to defend me and when they stopped, that's when I got mislynched. I was in a hurry earlier, but I stand by what I said. Anybody who wants to lynch my slot today should go look back at P5. This whole situation is giving me de ja vu.

Well, bummer it has to end like this. I'm not giving up on defending myself, but it seems like most of you have given up on reconsidering me. Omega made some interesting points above that are already making me reconsider my stance on Makaze, I'll post more on that in a bit.

##Vote: SullyMcGully

I don't know if voting oneself is a towntell or a scumtell, but given the current circumstances, it's what I think is best for town. Tomorrow if Makaze says anything about "obvtown" or "definitely scum", I ask that you politely ignore him. He doesn't seem to know what he's talking about.

On 4/20/2018 at 1:26 PM, SullyMcGully said:

If I'm scum, Makaze, then LYNCH ME INSTEAD OF ARC.

If you don't want to do that, then explain why.

On 4/20/2018 at 1:37 PM, SullyMcGully said:

Arc isn't on any team I'm a member of. Plus, Arc doesn't want to die and I do. Lynch me instead.

It's better for town if you see my flip than if you see Arc's. Therefore, a Sully lynch is better than an Arc lynch. 

Makaze, you have pretty much written off 2 players as not worthy of your further attention. I want to know what of my play is scummy. This goes for everyone else too! I want people to have something to go off of. Among the people who think I'm scummy there are most certainly scum. If you have a reason to suspect me, state it!

On 4/20/2018 at 1:52 PM, SullyMcGully said:

I'm not trying to save myself. As I understand it, the town wincon is eliminating the scum. It doesn't matter if you survive to the end as long as town beats scum. If I can draw out scum with whatever time I have left, then my existence is worth it.

Whoever is calling the shots here has two lynches lined up, Arc's today and I'm probably getting hammered tomorrow. This is an ideal set up for scum, regardless of whether Arc flips scum or not. Surely I'm not the only one who sees this. If people refuse to give me real answers, there's nothing to say they aren't the very scum I'm after, hiding in order to preserve their grand design from my interference. 

NOBODY SHOULD HAVE A PROBLEM WITH LYNCHING ME! Lynching us out of order won't change anything UNLESS scum wants things the way they are. I'd rather you all find out I'm town tonight and not tomorrow night. But of course, if somebody is planning all of this, they would not be happy with that outcome, would they? 

I'm being serious. I'm not doing this for towncred, I'm doing this to make my death mean something. If you think I'm scum, lynch me. Or if you don't! I don't care what you think of me, my death will do more for town than anything else at this point.

Who thinks Sully (now Beru) is on the table, and/or a good play down the line?

Five minute post.

Omega; you forgot? idk, let me think about it.

Evan; I think I said this already, but I'll be waiting for your shinori analysis

Makaze; The red herring comment is fair enough IF he legitimately forgot about part of his role. Townreading Snike at this point is not what I'd expect from desperate ITP.

Refa; Today? Walrein over Athena. My reasons why Athena can't be mafia I'm more confident in than my reasons Walrein can't be mafia.

This took me a little over five minutes. I'll get it next time!

35 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Five minute post.

Omega; you forgot? idk, let me think about it.

Evan; I think I said this already, but I'll be waiting for your shinori analysis

Makaze; The red herring comment is fair enough IF he legitimately forgot about part of his role. Townreading Snike at this point is not what I'd expect from desperate ITP.

Refa; Today? Walrein over Athena. My reasons why Athena can't be mafia I'm more confident in than my reasons Walrein can't be mafia.

This took me a little over five minutes. I'll get it next time!

What do you think of my logic on claiming in the first place?

I think this looks bad because Omega did claim it himself when asked as well but only when cased for it does he bring up how stupid claiming it is.

I'm off work about to eat some hella mexican food. will answer all questions directed @ me after chilaquiles have been obtained

P.S. For Refa. The quote boxes messed up, but this is my opinion on Athena. Haven't read their content today, will let you know if it changes my opinion.

18 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Agree that he's been off a radar lately, but his interactions are good enough that I don't want to lynch here.

Makaze: If you mean Marth claiming, there's definite ITP intent there. Iirc he was a wagon, but not the leading one, and he did mention reluctance to claim because it made him a functional vanilla. As ITP, you would want to make that claim public so that you don't get targetted.

What exactly was Omega saying when he said Marth claiming was stupid? This might be decisive.

14 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

P.S. For Refa. The quote boxes messed up, but this is my opinion on Athena. Haven't read their content today, will let you know if it changes my opinion.

Makaze: If you mean Marth claiming, there's definite ITP intent there. Iirc he was a wagon, but not the leading one, and he did mention reluctance to claim because it made him a functional vanilla. As ITP, you would want to make that claim public so that you don't get targetted.

What exactly was Omega saying when he said Marth claiming was stupid? This might be decisive.

I'm on phone so can't ISO. Can you check this one yourself?

4 minutes ago, EvanManManMan said:

Wait do ISOs not work on mobile?

If so then I'd need a page for Shinori's reads to get the post easier.

There is no way to do it on mobile really. It's a fool's errand. You have to open every post in a tab