World of Thracia Summoning Event (April 11 ~): Leif, Nanna, and New Reinhardt and Olwen

Coolmanio

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh. That's... not what I was expecting.

Leif looks funny but not super novel. I'm a bit disappointed.

Reinhardt and Olwen look fucking nuts. I wasn't expecting them to get alts, but I guess at this point they're the most recognizable FE5 characters. That's weird, but also funny. Still, it's kind of a shame that they're pretty much the highlights here.

Nanna looks fine but not super exciting. I was hoping she'd have a legendary staff, but introducing a new healing skill is also nice. She seems solidly in the 4-5* drop position, since the siblings certainly aren't, and Leif would be extremely weird.

Sorry for changing the topic, but for all players knowledge:

Refined Nameless Blade is a combination of a Killing/Slaying Edge with a Wo Dao (Accelerates Special Trigger and deals +10 damage when Special triggers), which is a really good weapon.

Refined Forblaze has Death Blow 3.

35 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I assume that's some nordic language name (or german??) for "master sword"? O_o

Presumably Ninty has issues calling anything but Link's sword the Master Sword in English.

18 minutes ago, Othin said:

Reinhardt and Olwen look fucking nuts. I wasn't expecting them to get alts, but I guess at this point they're the most recognizable FE5 characters. That's weird, but also funny. Still, it's kind of a shame that they're pretty much the highlights here.

If I ever play Thracia, I'm leaving Olwen to rot and Ilios gets the final blow on her brother- after he kills all of his own troops.

More seriously, it's something of an contradiction issue. Characters that are in the game already can get popular, which makes them outshine the unpopular and forgotten from their base game. If a game is too old to have Awakening-Fates popularity, like Thracia, they want to make sure people will spend, so they do more of what they already have and which they know is popular. But then that denies old characters a chance to ever be popular.

I love Olwen, but did really need to give her and Reinhardt another alt? Did they really have that little faith in Thracia that they had to bring back those two? 

Well, at least we get Saias and Finn...

40 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

-jotKe-mwUVPaQ0n-e6Bm2HC5x2GFBbOGMb_hslA

...Why? Why is this a thing? 

17 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Sorry for changing the topic, but for all players knowledge:

Refined Nameless Blade is a combination of a Killing/Slaying Edge with a Wo Dao (Accelerates Special Trigger and deals +10 damage when Special triggers), which is a really good weapon.

Refined Forblaze has Death Blow 3.

Understandable, but a bit boring. Especially since that's literally Hauteclere.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If I ever play Thracia, I'm leaving Olwen to rot and Ilios gets the final blow on her brother- after he kills all of his own troops.

More seriously, it's something of an contradiction issue. Characters that are in the game already can get popular, which makes them outshine the unpopular and forgotten from their base game. If a game is too old to have Awakening-Fates popularity, like Thracia, they want to make sure people will spend, so they do more of what they already have and which they know is popular. But then that denies old characters a chance to ever be popular.

The snowball effect is certainly an issue.

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

The Stats if the unit’s I’d have been discovered:

Hide contents

lv_1__40_world_of_thracia.jpg

They are all very interesting 

At Least Nanna has a good Spd, but poor others stats. Now... Olwen... I NEED HER! I am using a LA!Lilina with a Blade Tome in my team, so if I get Olwen, she will replace Lilina in my Horse Emblem Team.

As a pragmatist, I just want the alts. I don't have a 5* Cain so Reinhardt will be perfect, and while I have good Cecilia and Horse Lilina as Gronnblade nukes, Olwen looks great and is a little better (green Spring Catria basically). Leif is decent but Mia and Ayra exist at the same sort of level, and Nanna is a likely demotion and is just a slightly better Clarine in any case, neither are units I would go out of my way to pull for on this launch banner.

That said, Spring Catria fills a bigger hole in my barracks than Green Olwen does so it's tricky to decide which banner to sink my meagre orbs into. Only have 20-odd right now, will probably sink a full round into Thracia then decide where to go from there.

57 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Rein and Olwen aren't even that different looking, I am not a fan.

Because it’s the same artist as last time. Still, 2018 seems to be the year for non-seasonal alts.

50 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

Wait... Why does Reinhardt have a sword? I thought "Magic is Everything"?
But the Follow-up Ring effect on his sword is pretty cool. 

That's both-phase Brave, not Follow-Up Ring.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

WAIT WHAT

THE BISHOP OF FLAME IS A BLUE UNIT

Fuck right off, IS.

Eh get over it. It's just a title. He's a High Priest in the game he originates from and those only used Light Magic.

I really want to see Finn's weapon. The dude gets Brave Lance in FE4 and then in Thracia it's his own personal weapon that synergizes with Prayer which would be Miracle in this game.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque