Grand Hero Battle - Saias: Bishop of Flame (April 17th~)

Coolmanio

28 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

…I mean, I promoted Serra because I ran out of 5★ healers to gain HM with. Appreciate my brilliance.

Ha, I did the same with Azama short time before they raised the HM cap to 5,000. That's brilliance! 

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no memory of doing this last night but it’s on my twitter so hi Saias! Hope you like your new life as a red mage counter!

The key to this for me was Hone Atk on Ike boosting VIke enough so that he could oneshot the green cav with vantage. I don’t remember the last time a blue mage was able to oneshot Soren but I never want to see that again. It was very unsettling. 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ha, I did the same with Azama short time before they raised the HM cap to 5,000. That's brilliance! 

But really, what the hell was I thinking, trading 20,000 feathers for 2,500 feathers (Serra was at 1,500 HM already)?

22 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

But really, what the hell was I thinking, trading 20,000 feathers for 2,500 feathers (Serra was at 1,500 HM already)?

... and she wouldn't heal much worse at 4*. But I'm similar in this matter, why play 4* units when you could play 5* units? 

Took some experimenting, but my flier team of Elincia, Tana, H!Nowi, and Airzura once again came through for me. The key was to take out the horses first, then they could use their superior mobility to take the others out one at a time. Tana starts by killing the sword cav and is danced/repositioned out of the way until only Elincia is in the green cavalier's range (even with a resistance bane and no boosts she can survive one hit from him if he's only getting two tactics instead of three (hence killing the sword cav first)). From there it's not too bad, you just have to watch your positioning while you kill the rest.

29 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

At least you get her conversation :D

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

At least you get her conversation :D

That I did, that I did! She was my very first healer in this game, and I like her a lot as a character, so I didn’t really lose that much. I also want Kate Higgins to voice more characters.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

That I did, that I did! She was my very first healer in this game, and I like her a lot as a character, so I didn’t really lose that much. I also want Kate Higgins to voice more characters.

I really like her, too, although she's one of my still to be promoted characters, since I don't use healers as much as I should. Now Priscilla's been demoted to 3-4*, she's probably the next healer on the list, and then it should be Serra :D Although I have no 5* male healers so Wrys or Azama might crop in there, first. Maybe even Lucius, since he's a pain in the arena...

Blue Tomr Saias? Thought for sure he'd be red tome. Though if they really wanted to stay through to his appearance, they should have made him a stave user with some really annoying status stave. Escape route certainly suits him though.

Edited by Jotari

Aaand 5* Lv 40 on Saias done. To be honest I wouldn't have burned the feathers so fast since, in terms of Blue Mage ploy debuffers anyway, I already have Lute to handle Spd/Res ploys quite nicely (she's even +Res so there really isn't much she can't ploy) and just having plenty of other nice Blue Mages in general, but man I have fun using Arvis, and Saias is literally Arvis with a little higher Resistance and slightly worse offensive ability, I have little reason NOT to go through with it.

53 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

As is the case with a lot of crap in this game, I can't win. For some reason, Frederick doesn't survive Saias even though it said he'd only do 42 damage. Frederick has 60 HP. There was no special trigger or anything. Also, this is a really bad map. It puts your units in an area where they can't move much unless they're fliers. Though a lot of maps have this issue.

I'm starting to get rather tired of this. But oh well, not like I care much about this guy anyway. I know nothing about him.

Are you sure there's no special trigger? Saias does have Glacies, which is adding 32 damage on activation assuming no field/combat buffs, fully charged from the start of the map, and to be honest I don't see anyone besides maybe Fjorm surviving that.

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Now Priscilla's been demoted to 3-4*, she's probably the next healer on the list, and then it should be Serra :D

I actually managed to finally snag a 5★ Priscilla on the Enduring Love gauntlet banner (along with a random Lachesis because why not)… a day after she lost her round.

@Xenomata: My Cecilia with TA2, DD3, and Fortify Cav buff survived his Glacies with like 2 HP :D

Edited by Vaximillian

Armor emblem team of BK, H!Henry, C!Robin and C!Chrom smashed hard and lunatic to pieces, switched to BK, Fjorm, L!Ike and Wrys for infernal thanks to a youtube f2p video, since I like using units I don't use a lot to clear infernal.  Now to wait for a f2p video for Camus infernal.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Xenomata: My Cecilia with TA2, DD3, and Fortify Cav buff survived his Glacies with like 2 HP :D

Oh yeah, I always forget Triangle Adept trivializes most triangle advantage encounters...

But jeez, 2 hp? That's cutting it close.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Oh yeah, I always forget Triangle Adept trivializes most triangle advantage encounters...

But jeez, 2 hp? That's cutting it close.

…I wouldn’t exactly call it trivialising. It also took DD3 and Fortify. Glacies off 40+6 Res hurts so, so much!

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Any idea what B skill to give this guy?

If you just want a quick easy build, I'd say probably red tome breaker or sword breaker as that'll let him deal with stuff in AA. For A either TA or fury if you want to try to take advantage of ploys and decide 34 res isn't quite cutting it.

One build I'd love to try but don't have the resources for is mage tank with Mirror Stance and QR. That gives him 51/38 on EP with guaranteed doubles and enough speed to avoid some doubles. Not a lot, but some, especially if they get hit by his speed ploy. Fury might end up being better because it helps him avoid a few more doubles, but it would actively work against QR.

7 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I'm generally seeing Swordbreaker or Desperation if players were not going to stick with Escape Route.

Desperation?

Anyway, this was surprisingly easy. Infernal only took two tries because I derped and forgot Saias has pre-charged glacies which demolished Brave Lyn.

Basically, Rein killed the sword cav, then dancing/repositioning to safety, then Sigurd being a tanking god and the rest was fairly easy to pick off.

Saias will be fun, and since I don't have anyone else that's calling to me to 5*, I think I'll do him now that Camus is +3. Everything else is just 5*ing people for SI or merges which is always a little disappointing even if probably more practical.

Edited by bottlegnomes

14 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Are you sure there's no special trigger? Saias does have Glacies, which is adding 32 damage on activation assuming no field/combat buffs, fully charged from the start of the map, and to be honest I don't see anyone besides maybe Fjorm surviving that.

Glacies is a 4-cooldown skill, so he shouldn't have been able to use it yet. But if he for some reason had it charged right away, well, that's a BS move to do imo.

Also, nobody except Fjorm surviving it is dumb too imo. Basically makes her required to beat even just lunatic difficulty. I don't mind using her, but others might not care about her and would prefer to be able to use someone else.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

…I wouldn’t exactly call it trivialising. It also took DD3 and Fortify. Glacies off 40+6 Res hurts so, so much!

I mean, usually TA3 cancels out most damage if you have enough Defense, but then even still Glacies just plain hurts yeah.

No wonder they chose to give it and Ignis higher cooldowns...

@Anacybele Charged from the start on Infernal, cooldown is charged to 1 on Lunatic and Hard. It is both dumb and deadly given Glacies combined with a high-res character who can also debuff your own Res (not to mention Chill Res on the Mage Cav).

I mean, I was able to clear without even thinking to use Fjorm, but I also have a Bladetome Flier team to force combat in such a way that the enemy is too spread out to take proper advantage of their advantageous starting positioning, so I may not be the best to give encouragement.

Edited by Xenomata

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Glacies is a 4-cooldown skill, so he shouldn't have been able to use it yet. But if he for some reason had it charged right away, well, that's a BS move to do imo.

Also, nobody except Fjorm surviving it is dumb too imo. Basically makes her required to beat even just lunatic difficulty. I don't mind using her, but others might not care about her and would prefer to be able to use someone else.

Well you can beat Sais without letting him attack any of your units.

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Charged from the start on Infernal, cooldown is charged to 1 on Lunatic and Hard. It is both dumb and deadly given Glacies combined with a high-res character who can also debuff your own Res (not to mention Chill Res on the Mage Cav).

I mean, I was able to clear without even thinking to use Fjorm, but I also have a Bladetome Flier team to force combat in such a way that the enemy is too spread out to take proper advantage of their advantageous starting positioning, so I may not be the best to give encouragement.

Oh, I see. Yeah, that is dumb... :/ Though I guess I really shouldn't complain much here, because I remembered I have a Frederick with 58 Def on enemy phase and Ignis. Saias is just the magic version of that having super high Res and Glacies.

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well you can beat Sais without letting him attack any of your units.

He stays behind the other enemies though, and once I take them out, at least one of my units is left in Saias's range. Not much room to use Reposition or anything either.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He's slow and isn't player controlled so he won't be tanking magic that much (basically won't gain cooldown charges). Fully charged Glacies makes him much more threatening than just being an enemy phase unit. He's designed to be threatening to provide strategic thinking. A real BS move would have been giving him CC with fully charged Glacies. Now that'd be really difficult to get over

Just now, silveraura25 said:

He's slow and isn't player controlled so he won't be tanking magic that much (basically won't gain cooldown charges). Fully charged Glacies makes him much more threatening than just being an enemy phase unit. He's designed to be threatening to provide strategic thinking. A real BS move would have been giving him CC with fully charged Glacies. Now that'd be really difficult to get over

Slow? He doubled my Frederick who was buffed to 33 Spd. That means Saias had 38 or more Spd which is not slow at all.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Slow? He doubled my Frederick who was buffed to 33 Spd. That means Saias had 38 or more Spd which is not slow at all.

If you're not hitting 44 spd with skills and seals, then you're slow. But that's just my opinion on speed

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Actually he only has 36 spd on Infernal, you may have also been Speed Ployed beforehand since none of Saias's army has any form of speed boosting. Saias has Spd Ploy and Wargod's Tome to inflict anyone in his path Atk/Res -4 and Spd -5. It's be a sucker punch in the vital organs if he also had a Def Ploy 3 sacred seal just to screw with us.

Edited by Xenomata