Grand Hero Battle - Saias: Bishop of Flame (April 17th~)

Coolmanio

My dragons (Y tiki+2, Nowi, Ninian+1, and Myrrh) took care of this.  Y tiki tanks the left, the rest falls into place.   I use Myrrh actively to kill Saias, I think that is pretty key.  You want to hit him don't just eat his glacies.  

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor boy was easy as balls... Infernal took 2 tries. +5 Tiki (see sig), +1 Klein, fGrima and Myrrh (latter three with pretty basic/typical sets). 

32 minutes ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

I can’t even beat lunatic; the mage cavalier keeps killing everyone. It seems like it would be a lot easier with panic ploy? I don’t have the seal, but is it worth using all my feathers to promote Valter? (Is panic ploy 2 good enough or do I need to promote him to get 3?)

Panic Ploy definitely makes it easier since you would severely gimp the green cavalry mage's attack. At the same time, if you have Gunnthra, then her Chilling Seal would more or less negate the green mage's buffs. The green mage gets Atk/Def+6 from the archer and the sword cavalier while Gunnthra would inflict Atk/Spd-6 on the green mage who has the lowest defense of the enemies.

On lunatic, the green mage has 39 HP, so with Panic Ploy 3, the user would would need >=40 HP, at least 1 more HP, with Panic Ploy 2, they would need >=42 HP, at least 3 more HP, and with Panic Ploy 1, they would need >=44 HP, at least 5 more HP.

4* Valter has 39 HP, so he's going to need a HP seal, but that also assumes you are able to use him on your team for lunatic.

I had Joshua with defense (+4 from a Fortify Def) and resistance buffs (+7 from a Fortify and Drive Res) and a Distant Def 3 seal tank the green mage and counter-kill sword cavalier with Glacies. If you do use him, make your you take off his Windsweep 3 or else he won't be able to take out the green mage without a lot of attack buffs and if you do that, have a dancer nearby and have him Reposition the dancer and himself out of danger. Also, he'll be close to death, so he's not really going to be useful for the rest of the map.

Vanguard Ike would definitely be more "efficient" than using Joshua, but I just wanted to use him for the lunatic difficulty.

Quick edit: 5* Valter is a good unit, so promote him if you like him and want a sometimes deceptively fast, but physically bulky lance flier. If you have other lance fliers built or someone like Tana or you're wary that a new lance flier will be introduced with a similar stat spread, but higher BST than him, then maybe don't. That said, 5* Valter has been used for several F2P strategies including his own map when it was released.

Edited by Kaden

Seems like I finally found a good use for Skadi's special ability. Cleared Infernal with V!Ike, Julia, Eirika, and Evil!Takumi.

• Takumi (who wasn't even level 35 yet) used Skadi to super-nerf the green cavalier, which then got baited along with the sword cavalier by Ike.
  • Julia (praised be her name) ate the archer and finished off Saias after Ike hurt him, then roasted the wyvern and knight via Draw Back and Reposition shenanigans.
  • Eirika sat around and provided the necessary buffs.

So aside from Julia doing what she does best, aka murdering everything that stands against me, Evil!Takumi proved quite handy thanks to Skadi's HP-free Panic Ploy. I can see this becoming very useful in future GHBs.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

The usual Caeda Infernal clear:

Hide contents

The wiffle-waffling movement of the Sword Flier reminded me of Myrrh’s map tap quotes (“This way?” & “That way!”).

This guy certainly was relieved to get some (short) fight, haha. Wary Fighter with weapon triangle advantage: No problem for Caeda. 

3 hours ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

I can’t even beat lunatic; the mage cavalier keeps killing everyone. It seems like it would be a lot easier with panic ploy? I don’t have the seal, but is it worth using all my feathers to promote Valter? (Is panic ploy 2 good enough or do I need to promote him to get 3?)

Really depends on your team. I don't have any hard hitting fliers built up from the summoning pool(I have Cordelia but don't know what direction to take and no feathers to promote her with), so Valter fills a needed component for the times I need him for flier challenges. You might not need his services. He basically has a Slaying Lance that hits harder for the tradeoff of recoil damage. He is also a powerful sword check if you give him swordbreake. If you need one for Arena Assault, he works well.

@mampfoid These are the type of times where I get just a bit jealous. Everyone's finding or trying to find different ways to beat the new challenging map and here you go beating it in one turn. Great stuff as always. I wondered if you'd be able to deal with the armor but it was smooth as butter.

@Ginko I applaud anyone who is able to beat this map while taking that Glacies from Saias. I'm not sure I have a single green that can take that hit and survive. 

@NegativeExponents- Henry's HP is pretty low, I'd say surviving at all is impressive. I wish my ToD!Henry wasn't -RES. That Fir though! When are you going to give her Nameless Blade? You just prefer the +3 SPD and +5 HP? Also points for using Serra. She's a future *5 +10 of mine. Also Golden Sun music! I spotted it at the beginning!

@mcsilas @eclipse @Rafiel's Aria @Quintessence @Johann @Hilda @Alexmender @XRay @DefaultBeep @Poimagic @Usana @SatsumaFSoysoy @Vaximillian @DarkLordIvy @Fei Mao @Infinite Dreams @Nosmur @Rezzy @Cute Chao

As for me, as new challenges come, so do new trials for my team, and this was a good one. Saias' army's strategy and team composition was air-tight. Because of the tactics buffs and the Gronnblade mage (as well as Saias himself) and the map layout, there was no way for Matt to survive the initial attack the first enemy phase no matter where I set the team up on the map. So after a few failures, I realized I needed to take a different approach. And this is when the realization came that there's more to my team than just Matthew.

Now, in nearly every stage clear I've done, Inigo has been strictly support. And where as Genny has had a few spots where she needed to tank or attack, or even a few cases where she shined along with Matthew, she, like Inigo is nearly always primarily support. Not here. For the first time, Genny stands at the heart of the strategy I needed in order to beat this one and Inigo stands by her side. They're the real stars here. Matthew and Ayra were bit players in comparison, crazy as that sounds. And while they did still fill crucial roles, frankly speaking, I could have swapped the two of them out with different units and still got the job done. But I couldn't have done it without Inigo and Genny. It really just cements the amazing synergy of this team and that any one of these units can shine bright under the right circumstances. Genny has been waiting for her chance to shine, and she finally did here.

Enjoy the show.

15 minutes ago, Zeo said:

As for me, as new challenges come, so do new trials for my team, and this was a good one. Saias' army's strategy and team composition was air-tight. Because of the tactics buffs and the Gronnblade mage (as well as Saias himself) and the map layout, there was no way for Matt to survive the initial attack the first enemy phase no matter where I set the team up on the map. So after a few failures, I realized I needed to take a different approach. And this is when the realization came that there's more to my team than just Matthew.

Nobody can tank everything, not even Matthew. Everyone deserves the spotlight for once, now it was the time for Inigo and Genny. From time to time you have to find a different approach, which you did here - well done! 

15 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid These are the type of times where I get just a bit jealous. Everyone's finding or trying to find different ways to beat the new challenging map and here you go beating it in one turn. Great stuff as always. I wondered if you'd be able to deal with the armor but it was smooth as butter.

Ha, thanks! No need to be jealous, everybody focuses on different units. Even if only Matthew has got merges, all four units of your awesome team are out of reach for me (don't have Inigo and Ayra, both of my Gennys are -ATK). 

Since Cherche needed to kill only one opponent, she could equip TA instead of Heavy Blade for once. That made it easier to deal with the Wary Fighter armor. 

@Zeo ahhhhh! The overdrive theme from XCX! Great choice.

Genny going in and blasting the enemies with gravity was not something I knew I needed until today. Also a rare occasion of Matt not getting the final kill I see. It’s cool though because at least this gave your other units some spotlight.

Yeah the blade mage was my biggest priority. I knew I could take on everyone else in the map as long as they were gone but I was afraid Fir might not oneshot them or that she might die to  the red cavalry. Luckily that didn’t happen.

44 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@NegativeExponents- Henry's HP is pretty low, I'd say surviving at all is impressive. I wish my ToD!Henry wasn't -RES. That Fir though! When are you going to give her Nameless Blade? You just prefer the +3 SPD and +5 HP? Also points for using Serra. She's a future *5 +10 of mine. Also Golden Sun music! I spotted it at the beginning!

His HP is indeed quite low but I just figured that with his high res and WTA that Saias wouldn’t be threat to him. How wrong I ended up being.

Well 33 res ain’t bad and if atk or spd were the boon then I’d say it’s a fair trade. Alternatively a +def would allow him to make good use of close counter. Let’s not forget he is also the only Green armored mage so I’d say any ToD!Henry is a good Henry.

I must say you surprised me at first with your knowledge of Fir’s current weapon because I thought you learned spanish all of a sudden but then I realized either the sprite or the + next to the name gave it away. Right now Nameless Blade isn’t high priority. I’m actually quite disappointed with it to be honest. I was expecting more from it. As far as refinements go I’m not sure if to go with it’s special refine or stick to spd. I’m curious, which one do you think is better?

Nice ears there. It’s one my favorite soundtrack from GS. Still hoping that they’ll one day make remake of it and Lost Age. A bit off topic but have you played Dark Dawn? If so would you recommend it? I never got around to playing that one but after hearing many bad things about it I’m kinda discouraged to try it.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

@Ginko I applaud anyone who is able to beat this map while taking that Glacies from Saias. I'm not sure I have a single green that can take that hit and survive. 

@mcsilas @eclipse @Rafiel's Aria @Quintessence @Johann @Hilda @Alexmender @XRay @DefaultBeep @Poimagic @Usana @SatsumaFSoysoy @Vaximillian @DarkLordIvy @Fei Mao @Infinite Dreams @Nosmur @Rezzy @Cute Chao

Now, in nearly every stage clear I've done, Inigo has been strictly support. And where as Genny has had a few spots where she needed to tank or attack, or even a few cases where she shined along with Matthew, she, like Inigo is nearly always primarily support. Not here. For the first time, Genny stands at the heart of the strategy I needed in order to beat this one and Inigo stands by her side. They're the real stars here. Matthew and Ayra were bit players in comparison, crazy as that sounds. And while they did still fill crucial roles, frankly speaking, I could have swapped the two of them out with different units and still got the job done. But I couldn't have done it without Inigo and Genny. It really just cements the amazing synergy of this team and that any one of these units can shine bright under the right circumstances. Genny has been waiting for her chance to shine, and she finally did here.

Enjoy the show.

Genny MVP, nothing more to say. Gg wp bro, keep fighting like this!

After Camus gave me a headache today already, I decided to skip the formalities and just throw my flier emblem team at the problem:

Using two Flying tomes and a dancer obviously makes this very easy, but since my Team is still so newly put-together, I felt like commemorating it.

... Too bad the sound is recorded from mic, so you can hear my button presses much too well.

Edited by Nanima

@Zeo Very nice! For my clear Genny was also extremely important (even if she was relegated to heal Sheena and Eirika instead of destroying people), still it was pretty cool seeing her trivialize the map and soften the enemy so the others finish them off.

@mampfoid Nice! No need to fear Super bladetomes and Saias's Super Glacies and Ploys with your run! Interesting how Cherche needed TA for the armour, and congrats on getting her the shiny gold border!

@Zeo Your Genny shone bright with her Dazzling staff! Interesting to see her as the star this time, it's great when your team has the synergy but also has the skills to fill different roles when needed.

@Vaximillian @Rafiel's Aria @Cute Chao @Ginko @Poimagic

So here's two infernal clears- one without Panic Ploy (my first clear) and one with Panic Ploy after I remembered it existed. Also I really wanted to use my new Zelgius and he's really fun to use with Warp Powder.

Team is neutral L!Ike, +Res/-Atk Deirdre, +Atk/-Res Klein and +Def/-Spd Axura.

Music is Kouryu - Distant Thought from The Last Blade 2 soundtrack. Deirdre's +Res really shines with her Atk/Spd Ploy combo- even if she's -Atk her boon certainly helped soften the enemy's attacks so L!Ike can survive the first turn (with help from a seal as well). It's also nice how Deirdre''s Ardent Sacrifice helped replenished Ike's health throughout- I like it when base kits work out for these maps!

Team is +Atk/-Spd Zelgius, +Res/-Atk Deirdre, +Atk/-Res Klein and +Def/-Spd Axura.

Music is Maelstrom from The Last Blade 2 soundtrack. (Or Vortex depending on translation).

Panic Ploy + Deirdre's Atk Ploy/Spd Ploy is fun! Who's the ploy master now Saias? 

Edited by mcsilas

@Zeo Nice strategy using Gravity+ to control enemies movement. It will be a cakewalk if you run double Savage Blow on Genny. 

@mcsilas Nice! a vanila build clear. A little jealous that I only have Julia who have to invest so much to work well like her mom. After clearing this map, I fodder a Saias for Spd Ploy. At first glance, I thought you will let Deirdre take that deadly Glacies lol

So I realized XSplit can record things from my FEHmulator and decided to record my stupid strategy for Saias Infernal using armors.

Enjoy watching a Bow Fighter lose his mind.

And before anyone asks, the reason Sheena has Warding Breath instead of Distant Counter is because I am a new player of 2-3 weeks that has never had a Hector.

Edited by Some Jerk

8 hours ago, Zeo said:

(snip)

I got Genny not too long ago, and considered giving her Pain.  Looks like Gravity has its uses, so I'll keep it on her.

Beat this map with the flying team of Spring Camilla, Catria, Summer Corrin, and Halloween Nowi.  Corrin needed the Atk +3 seal to ORKO the sword cavalier.  Catria got the kill on Saias, the sword wyvern, and the green mage (I don't know how this happened).  Camilla sniped the archer, and I kited the knight to death.

EDIT: @Some Jerk that wasn't stupid, that was funny.  Nicely done!

Edited by eclipse

@mcsilas Ha, you enjoyed that map if you cleared it several times. Nice clears! Couldn't listen to the music sadly, but your team works well (I prefer Ike though). Deidre works as a part time healer and full armor killer. 

20 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Nice! No need to fear Super bladetomes and Saias's Super Glacies and Ploys with your run! Interesting how Cherche needed TA for the armour, and congrats on getting her the shiny gold border!

Yeah, my team skips a lot of the annoying stuff before it can take effect. Perhaps also DB3 worked for Cherche, it's already some weeks since she used it the last time (the day my only Ike died for her). 

@Some Jerk I usually don't like armors very much, but your run was fun. Cruel Sheena tanking 16(!) hits by the archer. 

Edited by mampfoid

@mampfoid @Ginko

Thanks! and yeah Deirdre works well as a support unit! I would like a Julia too, that Atk stat is nice. Also sadly even +Res Deirdre can't survive that Glacies from Saias. :(

Also i reuploaded the Ike run since it had glitches in the start of the video. The main thing that you didn't see is Ike needed Distant Def seal and Deirdre's help with her Atk Ploy so that Ike can survive the initial turn.

Also nice Armor clear @Some Jerk! That Sheena tanking is so satisfying to watch

Edited by mcsilas

@NegativeExponents- Yeah, I considered giving Matt the final blow, but I thought it would be neat to cement the fact that this was someone else's show this time around. My ToD!Henry is actually +DEF/-RES of all things so yeah, Close Counter wouldn't be bad on him, but between M!Morgan and Sothe, I won't have CC fodder to spare any time soon even if I do pull another Takumi or two.

For Fir, I don't think the Killing + Wo Dao effect is something to take lightly. Generally Moonbow + Wo Dao is a terrifying combination (Which makes units like Athena higher end sword units) and then you have Mia who can essentially do the same thing but with Luna, but she has to sacrifice her A skill to do it. Fir can run it from her weapon alone while boosting combat power with a free A skill. Then things get silly if you have Wrath because she can proc Moonbow at the beginning of every turn if she takes damage with a +20 damage boost. It's pretty nonsense.

If you're going to spend Dew, you should go for her Prf refine. Otherwise stick with the +SPD Slaying Edge in my opinion. 

And I've never played Dark Dawn. I was interested, but something about it didn't look right when I was looking into it, and it wasn't worth buying a handheld for that game alone.

@mcsilas Nice runs! Because of how quickly I tend to dispatch Zelgius in arena, I forget how powerful of a unit he really is. Must admit though when I saw +RES Deidre I was just a bit disappointed when she didn't tank Saias' Glacies. I was expecting it to happen.

@eclipse Yeah I'd stick to Azama or Lucius for Pain. I considered it for my Serra, but Gravity has proven too useful and I already have daggers for stat debuffing.

@Some Jerk I didn't think I was going to sit through the whole video but I did. Amusing stuff.

Alright:

• 4* Wrys (neutral) - Slow, Rehabilitate, Imbue, Live to Serve 2, Hone Spd 2 seal
  • 5* Arden (neutral) - Brave Sword+, Pavise, Follow-Up Ring, Panic Ploy 3 seal
  • 4* Olivia (neutral) - Silver Sword, Dance, Knock Back, Hone Atk 3, Spur Spd 1 seal
  • 5* Ike: Vanguard Legend (neutral) - Ragnell, Radiant Aether, Warding Breath, Seal Atk/Def 2, Def Tactic 3, Speed +1 seal

handled Infernal. I’m 99.9% sure that would have worked with Hone Spd 1 and Panic Ploy 1. I finally used Arden for something. Wrys finally got a KO. I finally had some time to devote to this battle. This battle was a lot of “finally”s.

Spoiler

@LordFrigid And I was thinking all the time: "Why doesn't he attack with Wrys finally?" But then saw the 2x3 damage he did and got the idea ... surprising what castlings are necessary without movement assists. Ike is really a fantastic free unit.

Great clear, congratulations! I don't know if I had the patience (and skill) to make infernal F2P clears. 

@mcsilas Doesn't Deirdre survive that Glacies even with some tweaks (buffs, DD3)? I don't have Julia (and Deidre) either, but until now I could work around that hole in my roster. 

@ShadowAlchemist congrats on your first infernal clear. From what I see from the video, you should be able to clear a lot of others as well.