Grand Hero Battle - Saias: Bishop of Flame (April 17th~)

Coolmanio

19 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

And I was thinking all the time: "Why doesn't he attack with Wrys finally?"

I see what you did there.

It looks like it actually is possible to shave off a few turns by having Wrys equip Assault and slowly chip away at the Lance Armor, healing Arden when necessary.

19 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

surprising what castlings are necessary without movement assists. Ike is really a fantastic free unit.

If that was castling, then I violated no less than three of its rules right there. Yeah, a Swap or two would have been nice, but oh well. Agreed on Ike, I may or may not have voted for him for his free clear potential...

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

It looks like it actually is possible to shave off a few turns by having Wrys equip Assault and slowly chip away at the Lance Armor, healing Arden when necessary.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I didn't even think of Assault, I was just surprised how few damage Wrys dealt to that armor (even if the old equation "Armor melts to magical damage" isn't true anymore). 

36 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

If that was castling, then I violated no less than three of its rules right there. 

Chess rules ... I forgot that this direct translation of "Rochade" could be chess exclusive. In German we use it like switch/swap in football, politics etc. 

@Zeo @mampfoid

I mean now that I think about it, Deirdre can survive the Saias's super Glacies, but she needs Distant Defense to do so. Still I see that +Res and I just think of Ploys straight away haha

Speaking of Glacies, maybe I should give my Fury Halloween Henry Glacies instead of Iceberg one day. 40 Res is really tempting.

God, passing it on infernal was quite the challenge. I don't memorized my actual strategy, the only thing I remember is merging my free BIke, with one I've got in the last legendary banner (+att/-hp),  giving my VIke swordbreaker in order to survive and kill the sword cavalier, and starting with each of them in opposite sides of the mid lake, in order for the green mounted mage attack BIke, and the sword cavalier attacks VIke. It was trial and error from there on. But it was satisfying to defeat a master tactician. Now I can feel myself worthy of Reinhardt's comparison XD

On 4/17/2018 at 12:46 AM, mampfoid said:

@tobuShogi @Infinite Dreams @NegativeExponents- @Poimagic @DLNarshen @Zeo 

Infernal One Turn clear for this one: 

[VIDEO]

Wary Fighter worried me first, but at least it wasn't 4 times Wary Fighter (like on Zephiels map). First time TA3 for Cherche, perhaps she didn't need the Savage Blow by Roy. Since killing Saias was the last action on Player Phase, I didn't switch off the battle animations afterwards, but I guess it doesn't hurt. 

It's always fun watching your Galeforce team in action.  Good job!  :):  Are they your arena offense team too? 

Maybe Brave Roy will be on the next Legendary Banner.  You going to try for more merges for him?

On 4/18/2018 at 3:41 AM, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @eclipse @Rafiel's Aria @Quintessence @Johann @Hilda @Alexmender @XRay @DefaultBeep @Poimagic @Usana @SatsumaFSoysoy @Vaximillian @DarkLordIvy @Fei Mao @Infinite Dreams @Nosmur @Rezzy @Cute Chao

As for me, as new challenges come, so do new trials for my team, and this was a good one. Saias' army's strategy and team composition was air-tight. Because of the tactics buffs and the Gronnblade mage (as well as Saias himself) and the map layout, there was no way for Matt to survive the initial attack the first enemy phase no matter where I set the team up on the map. So after a few failures, I realized I needed to take a different approach. And this is when the realization came that there's more to my team than just Matthew.

Now, in nearly every stage clear I've done, Inigo has been strictly support. And where as Genny has had a few spots where she needed to tank or attack, or even a few cases where she shined along with Matthew, she, like Inigo is nearly always primarily support. Not here. For the first time, Genny stands at the heart of the strategy I needed in order to beat this one and Inigo stands by her side. They're the real stars here. Matthew and Ayra were bit players in comparison, crazy as that sounds. And while they did still fill crucial roles, frankly speaking, I could have swapped the two of them out with different units and still got the job done. But I couldn't have done it without Inigo and Genny. It really just cements the amazing synergy of this team and that any one of these units can shine bright under the right circumstances. Genny has been waiting for her chance to shine, and she finally did here.

[VIDEO]

Enjoy the show.

It was enjoyable indeed~!  Nice use of Gravity.  I never would have thought of a strategy based on using that staff. 

Good job, nice video!  :):

46 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

It's always fun watching your Galeforce team in action.  Good job!  :):  Are they your arena offense team too? 

Maybe Brave Roy will be on the next Legendary Banner.  You going to try for more merges for him?

Thanks! :-)

Yes, Roy, Cordelia and Cherche are my arena core. Perhaps I should have started to merge another blue unit than Cordelia, since I need her for Galeforce SI, but she deserves it. 

I have been very lucky with my Roy pulls so far, I never went specifically for merges and I don't think I'll ever get him to +10. The legendary banners are bad to snipe for one unit, the other red units have to be good as well to make me do some pulls. 

43 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

@mampfoid My attempt at a Saias one-turn, featuring ALL the weird skill choices! Ok, maybe not all of them, but there were definitely some weird ones in there.

Hide contents

Woohoo, where do I start?

1. Amazing team, +10 Tana and +10 Azura look incredibly strong. (My Azura will get Galeforce sooner or later).

2. Desperation + Brash Assault beats Wary Fighter! I used that combination so often on Valter, why didn't I think of it when I breaking my head on Zephiels map? 

3. You beat the map even on Player Phase 1, I needed also Enemy Phase. 

4. Where are the weird skills? DEF Ploy and Savage Blow are pretty useful for these kinds of clears. Roy needed the DEF buff. 

5. Welcome aboard, congratulations!

22 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

1. Amazing team, +10 Tana and +10 Azura look incredibly strong. (My Azura will get Galeforce sooner or later).

2. Desperation + Brash Assault beats Wary Fighter! I used that combination so often on Valter, why didn't I think of it when I breaking my head on Zephiels map? 

3. You beat the map even on Player Phase 1, I needed also Enemy Phase. 

4. Where are the weird skills? DEF Ploy and Savage Blow are pretty useful for these kinds of clears. Roy needed the DEF buff. 

5. Welcome aboard, congratulations!

Going in order here...

Thanks! I think Cordelia’s actually better for one-turns on PvE content (+1 Atk/-1 Spd compared to Tana, when PvE enemies tend to not have a ton of Spd), but Tana is awesome too.

Well, you have to take 1 action to get Brash active, so it’s really only breaking one Wary Fighter (two with Sing/Dance, maybe), when Zephiel’s map has four. Maybe that was it?

That’s the Caeda factor.

Maybe it’s just the Arena-optimization tendency in me saying that. It just felt weird doing something like giving Def Ploy to a 22 Res unit.

Thanks! I’ve got some catch-up work to do...

48 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Thanks! I think Cordelia’s actually better for one-turns on PvE content (+1 Atk/-1 Spd compared to Tana, when PvE enemies tend to not have a ton of Spd), but Tana is awesome too.

I also have a +SPD +0 Tana, but she isn't a GF candidate as long as I don't need 2 blue Fliers. 

49 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Well, you have to take 1 action to get Brash active, so it’s really only breaking one Wary Fighter (two with Sing/Dance, maybe), when Zephiel’s map has four. Maybe that was it?

It's not the solution for Zephiel.Like you mentioned there are too many Wary Fighters and Brash/Desp helps only after taking damage. But I didn't even consider it a possibility to one-round those Knights. 

• 5 months later...
17 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Making 4* Saias kill himself is harder than expected. 

I had to give my Saias Atk+3 on top of Fury to have him actually deal the 18 damage necessary to finish off the impostor pre-weakened by Sharena.

And he’s 5★.

Anyway, my team of Saias, Anna, Sharena, and Lachesis took care of the quests.

3 minutes ago, Zelgius said:

I got quite lucky and my Fae left him with the exact damage done needed for my 4* Saias to finish him.

Same here with my -ATK PA!Azura. She left him with 5HP and my unbuild 4* Saias didn't even need the ATK seal. 

@Zeo @mampfoid

I remember back i coudlnt beat this on Infernal with the Askrtrio because none of the 3 units could tank the combo of red horsie + buffed gronnblade madness. Luckily the Weapon refine and Veronica make this one very simple to clear now.

Askrtrio & Veronica vs Saias Infernal, Anna quest done.
No Skill Inheritence, just Seals.

So, Saias tries to hold the river again.

Saias fought himself with M!Robin, M!Morgan and Sonya (Yeah, I should have added F!Robin). Morgan tanks the sword and 1-rounds the mage with Spur Def/Res on Robin and a +1 Res seal (If he wasn't -Def...), while the others move in. Morgan takes out the cav, Saias waits for himself and Robin distracts destroys the archer. Saias finishes himself on player phase, the flier moves in and eventually in range of Saias's ploy for M!Robin to 1-round.

Askrtrio cleared with Canas. CC Canas doesn't get to 1-round the sword cav, but 1-shotting the mage with a Luna helps to clear things up. Saias and the rest are in a line around the liddle lake, allowing me to easily divide them for Anna to wreck Saias, Sharena to beat the mage and Canas to break the archer. My original plan was to have Alfonse tank the mage and sword, but that didn't pan out for reasons.

Oh, a GHB from my early months when I didn't even bother with Infernal difficulty. That means I can go fetch myself a 4* and a 3* copy at home. And motivational 4 orbs on missions. I'm going to have fun with GC and GHB tonight.

Five easy quests. I didn't have any problem with Saias defeating Saias quests. Thanks to Fury and Marth's Refined Falchion + Drive Atk + Drive Spd, my Saias destroyed enemy Saias. Anna's quests were easy too! Easy 4 orbs and a 3* copy of the Bishop of Flame, which already become a Combat Manual.

I used the orbs in the Múspell banner, but no General for me yet. At least I got 2 copies of Soren, so now +8 Soren is possible (once I have enough feathers).

@Hilda That was nice, I already thought you would let Alfonse tank the first attacks. A bulky red TA unit is perfect for the job. Also Anna's Astra came into play to finish the armor.

Nobody should complain anymore about the free units we've got. Congrats! 

Cant edit my post anymore. Since I've done my One-Turn Clear already months ago, here Celica's and Oliver's clears: 

@Zeo @mcsilas I tried something new with the music, I hope it's not too extreme. 

@Nanima @kirauza343 @SatsumaFSoysoy I gave Celica her merges, but OG Celica #2 is save since the next merge wouldn't raise ATK or SPD. 

This clear was fun, I had to switch some skills. FH!Celica needed Close Def 3, TA2 (good that I always raise Selena to 4* before inheriting Reposition), double Spur DEF 3 (vanilla on OG Celica) and Drive DEF 2 to survive the initial attack. OG Celica needed Fortify RES to survive the counter of the green mage. BH!Celica (I really should pick some nicknames) had to proc GF and move up to lure the Archer. 

Music is from the Starific mobile game and is available on soundcloud. . 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Oliver now knows how to panic enemy mages: 

This was tricky. First I had to help Stahl to survive the inital attacks (panic the mage), then Takumi had to ploy the archer to make Oliver tank his Brave attack. 

Music is Buongiorno a te by Luciano Pavarotti

I managed to do all the quests by myself, which made me feel quite proud, since I usually get bored quickly and go for guides. 

This time, though, I decided to stick at it since I had an idea of what to do. 

Infantry Team: A!Tiki, Shiro, Lyon, Sonya

It took a little while to get on this team. I kept trying different red mages before finally remembering that A!Tiki has absurd defence and distant counter, especially since I've given her the defence refine on her original weapon before Breath of Fog was a thing. The rest kinda fell into place 

From there, I figured out Anna could easily replace Sonya, since my Lyon has Reposition, so she could dart in to kill Saias and get out of there again. 

Saias took a bit more doing. That stupid Chill Res kept taking him down so he kept getting ployed by Evil!Saias so I had to work round it. QR and an attack boost by Lyon, as well as some careful positioning, finally did the trick. No one else laid damage on Evil!Saias. He took down himself :D