New Event: Grand Conquests

Coolmanio

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

With 200 players on a team, I don't think coming up with strategies will actually matter if you assume that over half of the players in this game are casual players and that casual players are not disincentivized to play this mode (because they're not).

It really depends on how players are distributed, with the pre registration system I assume that players of a similar caliber are in the same outrealm or maybe it will somehow distributed equally. 

I hope there is a room for a cooperation, really depends on how good Winning Army bonus is

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need friends (only to fill list)... Please add me. I will accept anyone for I don't really care about using units from allies. My +10 Erika is on display.

I hope firends don't make too much of an impact in this mode.

Looks like this thing started. Hm... Not too sure how I feel about it yet. So far, it's harmless enough with pretty good rewards even though I don't like the Rival Domain style battles. Even if the mode itself really sucks, at least there are a variety of things to obtain. 

...also I'm on Alfonse's team. XD I wonder if the game sensed that I supported him. I'm pretty happy about that at least.

The rival domains battle style gets frustrating really quickly. Landed on team Sharena, was hoping for Anna but whatever. I just hope my team isn't incompetent 

Edited by Korath88

So it's pretty much the Rival Domains+ mode we expected it to be. Oh well. No real team coordination takes away from a mode like this too. The rewards are kind of lacking for how complex of a mode this is relative to others, but I won't complain about free stuff.

Also Team Alfonse.

Autobattling while doing the dishes earning some rewards. Does anybody actually like the rival domains playstyle?

Edit: Also if you need a guidance flier ally feel free to add me.

Edited by Falter

Oh, I didn't realise it was divided into multiple Outrealms. But that makes sense, since it reduces the chances of a really lopsided battle.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the battles so far. Infernal is a pain in a butt, but Lunatic is the right level of challenge for me and gives a reasonable amount of points too.

Rewards seem kinda eh, but can't complain at 12 or so free Orbs.

Also, if anybody needs an extra friend unit, I have ~50 spaces free in my Friend List. ID is 9447281487. My unit will be Kitty Sakura (anti-mage) unless you'd prefer a more flexible unit.

EDIT: I also love how you can spend multiple stamina to boost your score without playing the same maps multiple times.

Edited by VincentASM

15 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

EDIT: I also love how you can spend multiple stamina to boost your score without playing the same maps multiple times.

Does this also work with orbs? Won´t ever do anything like that, but just curious

I like that there are certain effects you get on certain maps, but that and free stuff is all I like about it

19 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Also, if anybody needs an extra friend unit, I have ~50 spaces free in my Friend List. ID is 9447281487. My unit will be Kitty Sakura (anti-mage) unless you'd prefer a more flexible unit.

Sent you a request!

19 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I agree, though I liked going to a few different maps to try and help out. Er...I'm pretty sure my team is doing rather poorly, but that's just so we can make an insane comeback, obviously.

Was placed on Team Alfonse, not Team Anna, which is what I first though, hahah.

It's...really boring. I didn't like Rival Domains to begin with, and it's essentially the same...

Edited by Lau

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Looks like this thing started. Hm... Not too sure how I feel about it yet. So far, it's harmless enough with pretty good rewards even though I don't like the Rival Domain style battles. Even if the mode itself really sucks, at least there are a variety of things to obtain. 

...also I'm on Alfonse's team. XD I wonder if the game sensed that I supported him. I'm pretty happy about that at least.

Woot, I got onto his team, too. I was hoping I would - he's the one I would've picked out of the three :)

Had my first go at this, and had to use all my stamina for it at once because I had to go to work. So far, it's still Rival Domains so the actual battles don't interest me. I'm interested to see how it works overall, though. I also am hoping the prizes aren't too hard to pick up, since I hate leaving orbs on the table.

I wonder if I should try lunatic instead of infernal. I haven't managed to actually take an enemy base yet, only the camps, so my fort score is 0 each time.. The map I've been playing on is pretty cramped near the bases so body block is pretty nuts.

Yup. I've confirmed that I can get a pretty okay score and just autobattle on Lunatic. I'll do my best to use my stamina and try to collect the rewards, but I'm not putting in too much effort. 

If anyone's in need of some +10 buddies, feel free to add me. I've got Raven as my rep right now, but I could change to Merric or Mae. 

I YOLOed one Infernal battle and did it manually, for the first and last time. Just fought to a standstill on the bridge because that's how Rival Domains works. From here on out I guess I'll autobattle Lunatic once every 8 hours?

The only interesting thing is to see whether the soft comeback mechanic of large teams having to spread themselves thin will restore equilibrium as the event goes on, or whether the stronger team will hold and monopolise the rewards.

Speaking of rewards, it feels kinda bad that personally succeeding ends up robbing feathers (and a pitiful amount of other stuff) from other players. At least the GC tier seems to be non-competitive and more of a TT-esque participation award.

P.S. The Help Out button is ridiculous, feels like we're being treated like lab rats for pressing a button every two hours in exchange for a bread crumb.

Yeah, not gonna bother trying to have the best strategy, seems too arbitrary and my team also seems to fail spectacularly, sooo.... nice idea, but not my cup of tea.

Some maps are infuriating (choke points you can't overcome due to spam and slow reinforcements), team prowess is random (number of participants per dimension, time zones, available time. enemies fought, etc.), fighting takes quite long (the AI is atrocious on these maps with my team comp) having to look at the status every two hours reminds me of early voting gauntlets (which is not a good thing) and speaking of voting gauntlet, this is as fun as one of them. Auto-battle every 8 hours it is, with random rewards at the end! You did try, IS, and you did ask for feedback, but I think I'll give up in advance.

Sorta confused on how a winner will be conducted based on how many outrealms seem to be active since Alfonse seems to be dominating so far In 227. As for the mode itself I really like it so far, nice to have something difficult you can't just blitz through with strong units and gives wanted merit to clerics and daggers

Edited by MisfitMiju