New Event: Grand Conquests

Coolmanio

I haven't even done a battle yet and I already don't like this mode.

You wanted to pick Sharena's army? Sorry, you can't choose your own team. Here, have Anna, your least favorite of the three, instead. :/

I'm also like...not sure what I should do first here. It also looks like I missed a round already since it says round 2 out of 22 which isn't a really big deal, but still kinda stinks.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I haven't even done a battle yet and I already don't like this mode.

You wanted to pick Sharena's army? Sorry, you can't choose your own team. Here, have Anna, your least favorite of the three, instead. :/

I'm also like...not sure what I should do first here. It also looks like I missed a round already since it says round 2 out of 22 which isn't a really big deal, but still kinda stinks.

I wish there was a mechanic to switch teams because I wish I wasn't in Team Sharena!!

I don't feel this mode at all. It feels annoying and exhausting. I won't try to compete here and just autobattle. The latter is the only good thing about it because the warp mechanic makes it ridiculous to look at.

This mode sounded interesting at first, but once I tried it out...
I compared it to Galactic Conquest earlier, but it is not. 

The Rival Domains maps make it a lot less enjoyable. 
I don't know if my battles are actually doing anything (besides getting a few rewards).

I like Galactic Conquest because it is a single player challenge - I get to use my strategies instead of relying on X number of players doing something.
The Rival Domain Maps are so clunky, it makes it hard to enjoy. Give us some 4 v 4 maps(normal battle)!

I think this could have been a pretty cool mode, but IS added way too much. I would like a single-player Campaign mode similar to this, but with a lot of changes.

Side Note: Team Sharena

Edited by Lord_Grima

The thing about this mode that I hate the most is what I previously wanted implemented in the VG... I wanted the VG scores to be based on skill rather than just sheer numbers, and this mode does that to some extent, but what I hate most about this mode is that if you're stuck on a team of incompetent players, it's much more frustrating than losing a pseudo-popularity contest to a team that has a bigger army.

I also wish it wasn't just a competitive form of Rival Domains, rather than something actually new, but it's whatever. What I find the most frustrating though is how this just feels like another mode to farm resources. Tempest Trials, Voting Gauntlets, and now Grand Conquest all feel like modes that you only want to play for the rewards. At this point in the game, I'd prefer more focus on the other aspects of the game than the events modes. I could go well into detail, but then this post wouldn't be about Grand Conquest anymore.

If nothing else, I'll give them some props for trying to make an interesting mode.

Edited by Frenzify

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The teams would be horribly, horribly unbalanced if people could pick their favourites. Because there's no way Alphones would get as many players as the other two teams, just look at the original voting gauntlet. Something like this must be assigned teams to even have a chance of kinda working.

It is kinda boring though. Basically a mode we already have, but with more powerful enemies and some sort of map to it.

Edited by TheNiddo

8 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

The teams would be horribly, horribly unbalanced if people could pick their favourites. Because there's no way Alphones would get as many players as the other two teams, just look at the original voting gauntlet. Something like this must be assigned teams to even have a chance of kinda working.

It is kinda boring though. Basically a mode we already have, but with more powerful enemies and some sort of map to it.

Hasn't stopped the voting gauntlet from letting you choose a team though.

I did not really care who's team I ended up on since I like all the OCs.  I ended up on Sharena's team, sorry Ana and Vax.  The good thing about this mode is like RDs it can be auto battled which is what I did.  The rewards are nice so with auto battle it is simple.  I feel like these battles go faster then RDs and seem easier, though I have not fought on the infernal difficulty yet.  I reached tier 3 for now.

Edited by EricaofRenais

6 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

Everyone seems to really not like this mode.

No surprise to me, really.

I wanted that town buliding mode IS asked about in the survey. I guess not many others did though, since they haven't made this mode...

10 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

Everyone seems to really not like this mode. Welp, I enjoyed it at least...

I like it a lot better then RDs and anything I can get orbs from that is not the annoying checking my phone every half hour that is VG is fine with me.  Of course since I cheese through with auto battle it is really simple.

23 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

I agree, I found it relatively enjoyable so far. It's nice to see how the map develops and where you want to focus your attention. If you don't like this at all you simply boost your stamina away and go on with your day.

There are some maps that are much harder than others depending on your team, and sometimes you get enemies that are much better built than others, but still, I find this pretty fun so far. Might change my tune later though.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I feel as though they could´ve replaced the characters with a banner (not the summoning kind) or something. Like a warhorn, crown and shield

Got put into Team Anna (Outrealm 839).

Reached tier 15 by abusing Conquests Lances, x8 boosts, and Infernal difficulty. Best I could score was 8960 points in one fight though I did help secure an actual knockout for Team Anna.

Honestly, it's Rival Domains with VG (in the sense that you're facing units built by other players, that you and your team are ultimately fighting for the most points (or territory, for this case), and that there's an entry barrier in the form of GQ stamina). I don't like it too much since it's several bad things put together but I'll take whatever rewards I can get.

Add me to the list of folks dissatisfied with this event.  The concept itself is good, but unfortunately it uses the flawed Rival Domains format with no meaningful changes.  I really wanted to like it, but there's nothing fun about teleporting enemies that endlessly spawn. 

For all who are disappointed, keep in mind that they explicitly asked for feedback. Any qualms should be sent to Intelligent Systems in a polite fashion so that they can improve upon the mode. Tempest Trials has consistently gotten updated to be more enjoyable

44 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

20 minutes ago, Thane said:

I agree, I found it relatively enjoyable so far. It's nice to see how the map develops and where you want to focus your attention. If you don't like this at all you simply boost your stamina away and go on with your day.

There are some maps that are much harder than others depending on your team, and sometimes you get enemies that are much better built than others, but still, I find this pretty fun so far. Might change my tune later though.

I agree, its kind of fun so far.  We get to finally have a mode similar to a "regular" Fire Emblem game.

Of course, it doesn't surprise me that most poasters are complaining about it.  They go into an epileptic fit every time fanservice characters get released, and act like rabies-infected dogs when C*milla is mentioned. 

I already enjoy Rival Domains so this mode being like that is great.  I like that I can spend all my stamina at once, helps when I'm at work trying to fit it into breaks.  Also playing every two hours is much more lenient than VG 30 minutes, I can't do that at work.

Edited by Nowi's Husband