New Event: Grand Conquests

Coolmanio

15 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Outrealm 924 team Sharena, we went from leading big time to last.  What has IS given team Alphonse for them to be leading everywhere?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel Alfonse has the most accessible and straightforward area constellation of the three. That space in the bottom corner on the right seems to be the weird confusing part in my realm, and it only affects Sharena and Anna. But what do I know. Maybe all the most active players were coincidentally put in Al's teams. :P

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to bed with Anna destroying us, but now we're winning and team Anna is now losing. I'll take it? Maybe they ran out of crests

Anyone else in outrealm 862? 

Edited by Korath88

I've just been spending my crests and trying to get my rank up. Is that the best thing to do? Or is it better to try and be conservative, although there is a limit of 8? 

I've currently reached about tier 13 and have no crests right now. 

Outrealm 878, Team Alfonse. 15-6-9. Go, team, go!

I'm legitimately enjoying this mode a lot. Good rewards, and I LOVE that you can dump all your stamina in a single map so you can get plenty of exp and not worry about the game for hours.

20 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Yeah I get a constant 960 on Hard just leaving it on auto-battle. So I probably won't jump to harder modes if the additional gain is that small and will demand actual involvement.

You know. That sounds like the best idea. I think I'll jump down and do that too.

Playing this mode a bit, I don't find it bad but it kinda shows that the Rival Domain format needs some adjusting to the warp mechanic.

The constant reinforcement make it impossible to really take over camps which shouldn't be the case in a mode where thiss is the main goal. This is especially troublesome on some maps where you the camps are very close to a main base and you might just lose because your opponent overwhelms with his reinforcements.

Personally I would just make it so that units that warp during their turn can't attack. That way you can have at least defenders for your camp during the turn but you can't use it to just wipe out all opposition. I would also appreciate it if the player can choose to deploy reinforcements manually so you don't have to put too much thought into the order you have build your squad. T

But I will take this over that atrocious Voting Gauntlet. It's way more player friendly with having stored Stamina and being able to use all of them at once if you are in a hurry. I think GC Rank is gained based on battle performance not on points since I used 5 arrows to attack but I got nearly the same amount of GC. The only thing that is holding this back is the Rival Domain format but that can be adjusted as well (see TT and VG).

10 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I went to bed with Anna destroying us, but now we're winning and team Anna is now losing. I'll take it? Maybe they ran out of crests

I'm sure this will be standard. Any team that takes the most spots will get targeted by both opponents more aggressively. Plus it just gets to a point where Team A has taken so many spaces that Team B and C have absolutely no choice but to attack A since you can only hit the areas adjacent to yours. The only lead that matters is the lead that occurs on the final hour for those sweet rewards.

Only if the game had a system where you chose both your team and outrealm would people be able to coordinate for intelligent strategy. And the decision to make these choices random is something I genuinely applaud. A clear understanding of what doesn't work about Voting Gauntlet. I'm trying and failing to find a post I made of a revamped Voting Gauntlet mode that basically predicts Grand Conquest save for some minor detail changes. For one thing the Rival Domains format hadn't been invented yet. Primarily what I predicted is a mode where you get plopped onto a random team in one of a few different servers, but can still use friend units from outside your server or team. You're trying to cooperatively earn rewards for everybody on your team, and can play at your own pace rather than checking in for multiplier hours.

1 hour ago, Usana said:

Yeah. I jumped down to lunatic thinking maybe I could take a fort there. I almost got close once or twice on Infernal. However, even on Lunatic I am lucky if I get all the camps. The fort is just impossible.

Yeah I don't think Lunatic is much of a drop, I tried it once to see if it was worth it.  Less points, easier to at least take a base, but still very hard to conquer all enemy bases. 

1 hour ago, Vince777 said:

How much points do you get for that? Is that better than playing on Hard and capturing everything instead?

Yeah what Othin said.  However if you are getting 960 on hard battle auto, man it seems like I'm completely wasting my time then.  Maybe Infernal is only if you have all +10 units and can conquer it consistently.  

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

Outrealm 924 team Sharena, we went from leading big time to last.  What has IS given team Alphonse for them to be leading everywhere?  I have question a for people, the FEH channel said that IS wants feedback on this mode and would listen to what the players want right?  So anyway I was wondering what feedback should be given and what most players here want to have change so everyone can send in the same things and make the mode better.

Warp pads should be gone, for one. 

Outrealm 488 Team Anna and 13 - 4 - 13...

Edited by Lord-Zero

I'm really liking this mode. Good players can actually make a difference. And I think it is a bit deeper than people might be realizing right now.

I feel like Sharena's area has a bit of an advantage with those spots in the bottom right not having huch threat of being taken. Alphonse went from 14 areas to 2 in two rounds. Now Sharena has 20 and we of team Anna have 8. Sharena is going to lose quite a few next round though.

56 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Personally I would just make it so that units that warp during their turn can't attack.

This would be awful. Enemies would bunch up and be very difficult to fight through and then destroy the base on one Player phase. You just need to invest in some really good Enemy phase units. I've had my Nowi kill 6+ enemies in one Enemy phase on several occasions. Also, splash damage is wonderful.

6 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

I'm really liking this mode. Good players can actually make a difference. And I think it is a bit deeper than people might be realizing right now.

I feel like Sharena's area has a bit of an advantage with those spots in the bottom right not having huch threat of being taken. Alphonse went from 14 areas to 2 in two rounds. Now Sharena has 20 and we of team Anna have 8. Sharena is going to lose quite a few next round though.

This would be awful. Enemies would bunch up and be very difficult to fight through and then destroy the base on one Player phase. You just need to invest in some really good Enemy phase units. I've had my Nowi kill 6+ enemies in one Enemy phase on several occasions. Also, splash damage is wonderful.

I think YMMV greatly on this. With the Outrealm I'm on, we're always consistently tens of thousands of points behind. Even if I concentrate on a single area trying to keep Alfonse from running away from us with it, putting in 1150+ points at a time, it hardly makes a dent. There'd need to be a dozen of us doing this to not get overrun.

We're currently at Alfonse 20, Sharena 5, Anna 5 and it's been like that for the past four hours or so.

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Hasn't stopped the voting gauntlet from letting you choose a team though.

The point of voting gauntlets is that they're not even. Glorified popularity contests with a flag system so the underdog has a chance.

Grand Conquests are supposed to be even and "strategic". Completely opposite. 

Scenario #1:  Anna goes northwest and sharena does the same. Alfonse gets decimated and Anna and Sharena fight one another.

Scenario #2:  Anna goes south and tries to take Sharena's lands when she has an unfair advantage. Anna completely fails (even if she succeeds its very easy for Sharena to take it back). Alfonse goes east and takes over Anna's territories while both Anna and Alfonse are trying desperately to take Sharena's lands.

So if you're on team Anna all you have to do is go northwest and leave sharena alone.   Sharena's team has no interest going anywhere near Anna's main base (why would you want to fight near an unbeatable tile?) - they'd rather go north towards alfonse.  

I think there's a psychological draw towards Scenario #1 because Anna's main base is so close to Sharena's territory so people want to go there instead of going northwest (Sharena will have a tough time taking them over b/c they'd have to cross through her infinite base).  

I think these two scenarios are true for like 90% of the instances.

I think my outrealm is Scenario #2, but with Anna somewhat succeeding. We on Sharena's team have basically been putting everything into (unsuccessfully) holding the front against Alfonse. Meanwhile, Anna completely gave up her front to go attack Sharena territories from behind. She's basically got three territories in the middle of Sharena-land that will likely never get dislodged because we're too busy fruitlessly trying to get Alfonse off of our doorstep. Alfonse has basically owned Anna's doorstep since about nine hours ago.

I see my team fell from grace without me over the night. That's okay though,heading for the most important point right now and dumping all my stamina into it. Tiki shall stand on the top! 

Also damn if Sharena isn't doing well. 

3 hours ago, Hawk King said:

This would be awful. Enemies would bunch up and be very difficult to fight through and then destroy the base on one Player phase. You just need to invest in some really good Enemy phase units. I've had my Nowi kill 6+ enemies in one Enemy phase on several occasions. Also, splash damage is wonderful

That's what they are doing anyways. Not to mention EP units aren't omni-potent either; 1 decent green and your Nowi is gone btw. Doesn't help that you're playing against other player units who probably have some decent units unlike the AI with its random trash.

Plus the limited turn count and no penalty on fallen units pretty much encourages rushes. Enemies warping to their camps and annihilating the attackers is taking way too much time. If they are just sitting on a camp you can employ hit&run tactics to trick the AI of wasting reinforcements.

The only other alternative is to make it so that you can manually deploy your reinforcement on a camp of your choice but that would require IS to change half of the entire mode.

Hm, I'm not sure how much I like this new game mode. It's cool and all that you yourself can actually make a difference by attacking the right area at the right time, but playing Rival Domains again and again gets kind of boring with time. There's also the issue that the maps aren't all that well balanced imo; there's one that has only one instead of the usual two camps and is therefore really easy to conquer, while another blocks the fortress off with a huge amount of water. Have fun playing that unless you've invested heavily in flier emblem.

But anyways, good luck to all my fellow people on team Sharena. I'm in outrealm 1172, and while Alfonse was in the lead for a long time with Anna not even havin 5 territories, things have changed and he's lost a ton of momentum, falling back to last place even. Oh well.

I like this mode; the Risk-esque feel is nice, and it’s fun to use friend units (also to watch your “Friends Helped” count jump from 5 to over 250 in a day). Speaking of, I’m definitely open to sending or taking Friend Requests (code is 8566518658). I’ve just been taking any random request that shows up, since the list cap increase.

After a bit of experimenting, I think I got a team together that can perform well in many of the maps, though some of them are a bit frustrating. In particular, I tend to have trouble with the indoor one with enemy camps in the lower right, middle, and up at the top. I think I might try a Cav rush-down team for that one, just to see how it  goes.

Also, Myrrh is a god.

I don't really know how I feel about this mode. I read all the in-game rules and I'm still confused about what these outrealms numbers mean or how the number of territories each team has during a certain hour is different for everyone. I feel like there is something I'm just not understanding.

All I really know is that it is really annoying to be constantly fighting both Grimas, Elise with double savage blow and just about any cavalry mage most of the time.

6 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I've just been spending my crests and trying to get my rank up. Is that the best thing to do? Or is it better to try and be conservative, although there is a limit of 8? 

I've currently reached about tier 13 and have no crests right now. 

I'm checking the notes again, but it's not clear whether we maintain our Tier for the whole run or restart it every 2 days. Kind of a problem in either event because it means either we have to grind to get the tier back again, or that we'll need to burn through stamina recharges to get it sooner and won't have as many for the final rounds. People who have stamina to burn in the final round of each match will be the ones tipping the scales.

I'm inclined to think it's the same tier for the whole run of the event, as otherwise many people would ever hit Tier 20.