New Event: Grand Conquests

Coolmanio

24 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I don't really know how I feel about this mode. I read all the in-game rules and I'm still confused about what these outrealms numbers mean or how the number of territories each team has during a certain hour is different for everyone. I feel like there is something I'm just not understanding.

All I really know is that it is really annoying to be constantly fighting both Grimas, Elise with double savage blow and just about any cavalry mage most of the time.

Outrealms: Each Outrealm is it’s own separate instance of the three armies (Alfonse, Sharena, & Anna), with its own set of players participating. Basically, if you’re in Outrealm 684, you don’t see or get affected by what’s happening over in Outrealm 944.

Territories: A battle is divided into 22 two-hour “rounds”. As your team battles in a territory, it will accrue score for that territory*. At the end of the round, the army with the highest score for each node will take (or retain) possession of that territory.

* As I understand it, as your Grand Conquest rank improves, a percentage of the score you gather in a territory is also applied to any territory adjacent to it. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, there.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Outrealms: Each Outrealm is it’s own separate instance of the three armies (Alfonse, Sharena, & Anna), with its own set of players participating. Basically, if you’re in Outrealm 684, you don’t see or get affected by what’s happening over in Outrealm 944.

Territories: A battle is divided into 22 two-hour “rounds”. As your team battles in a territory, it will accrue score for that territory*. At the end of the round, the army with the highest score for each node will take (or retain) possession of that territory.

* As I understand it, as your Grand Conquest rank improves, a percentage of the score you gather in a territory is also applied to any territory adjacent to it. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, there.

Oh, I see. I think I kind of understand it better now. It explains why the scores in the surrounding areas always seems lower than I thought it should be and why it looked like there were not many players on the map every time I check in. I never really played anything similar to Grand Conquest before so I'm not really familiar with how this all works. Thanks for clarifying it for me.

Well I went and finally got a good 8 hour night of sleep for once, and I wake up to find Alfonse has now been cornered to 1 area left with Sharena and Anna at 18-11 respectively. What the fuck has been going on without my help tonight. I hope things turn around because it'd be nice to still get SOME rewards out of this mode by the end of the round.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

Well I went and finally got a good 8 hour night of sleep for once, and I wake up to find Alfonse has now been cornered to 1 area left with Sharena and Anna at 18-11 respectively. What the fuck has been going on without my help tonight. I hope things turn around because it'd be nice to still get SOME rewards out of this mode by the end of the round.

Wish you luck. It'd suck to receive nothing just because of timezone differences. Hoping that they do something about it

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

Wish you luck. It'd suck to receive nothing just because of timezone differences. Hoping that they do something about it

The feather/coin rewards certainly swing a lot depending on how many areas you control in the end. Seems pretty sad if you end up on an unfortunate team while you could get 7000 feathers and 10 coins if you manage to be on the other end of things. I think feedback for making your personal GC rank carry more weight for the rewards might be a good idea. (1 orb every other rank with some badges/stones thrown in seems a bit lacking anyway)

We were neck and neck with Sharena earlier but now we're still digging our way out from our base and Sharena still owns most of the map. I wonder how many people are on each team per realm. Still kind of feels like Anna's smaller and Sharena's bigger, or they're both spending their stamina much more/less efficiently overall.While they seemed to present this as a more competitive mode, it doesn't seem to lend itself too well to that with how much is up in the air across your random teammates and opponents.

Ok, Sharena definitely has an unfair advantage. She can hold as many as 16 areas while only having 3 borders. Alphonse can get 18 with 3 borders, but it is much less likely to happen as he would need to take over more than half of Anna's area with one of his borders being adjacent to Anna's HQ.

From what I have seen, there hasn't been a single knock-out in my Outrealm yet.

11 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Even if I concentrate on a single area trying to keep Alfonse from running away from us with it, putting in 1150+ points at a time, it hardly makes a dent.

I have found that it is best to spend all of your stamina in big chunks. Plus it saves a ton of time.

I've ended up switching to playing Lunatic. I can pretty consistently get the perfect 1,220 point score there, which is more than I've ever gotten in Infernal.

Hope this keeps up. More rewards is always welcome, though those feathers will be going towards promoting Sharena if she wins. Has anyone actually reached tier 20?

Also regarding map balance, the map in FEH channel was different, which means that once this battle is over, there will probably be a map change.

Edited by Korath88

Oh yeah, forgot to put this in my earlier post but I am on Anna's team, Outrealm 870 currently 9-14-7. Every time I check in it seems like Anna's team has the least areas although I'm not sure if it is the same in other Outrealms. Not sure if Anna's team will make a comeback later or not since I haven't used a single stamina recharge yet and I'm sitting at GC tier 9 at the moment but at the very least I'm happy to have been blessed to be on the team I wanted to be on regardless if I win or lose.

I've been starting to really appreciate the importance of sniping camps: using a series of ranged attacks to take out the unit in the middle of the camp and then claim the camp itself before going after the enemies on the surrounding tiles, then teleporting in allies to guard the camp and take out as many enemies as possible.

This can get difficult later on after being careless with ranged attackers or dancers, so that just adds reason to be careful about which units to sacrifice.

35 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Oh yeah, forgot to put this in my earlier post but I am on Anna's team, Outrealm 870 currently 9-14-7. Every time I check in it seems like Anna's team has the least areas although I'm not sure if it is the same in other Outrealms. Not sure if Anna's team will make a comeback later or not since I haven't used a single stamina recharge yet and I'm sitting at GC tier 9 at the moment but at the very least I'm happy to have been blessed to be on the team I wanted to be on regardless if I win or lose.

Anna seems to have poor performance in pretty much every Outrealm. I haven't heard of a single one where she's in the lead.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Anna seems to have poor performance in pretty much every Outrealm. I haven't heard of a single one where she's in the lead.

Ah, figured as much. Thanks for the update.

This mode seems kinda complicated and not in a good way. I'm not really feeling it, though some of this I'm sure is just a product of the fact that I already feel that Rival Domains gameplay is considerably inferior to FEH's normal gameplay. Oh well, at least I can spend all my stamina at once so it doesn't feel too grindy.

Has it been documented yet how much score is needed to reach each GC tier? It's obvious that the amount required increases each tier but that's all I've noted for sure.

My team (Sharena) is leading quite high in Outrealm 333 currently, I hope it stays that well. I also managed to reach the highest tier. I really can't tell if I'm doing good and contributing well to this mode because I just don't understand it. I'm battling on Infernal all the time and win, so is that enough? I barely manage to capture more than 3 bases though.

7 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Anybody else looking at this same screen?

Anna literally has no territories.

My outrealm's Anna is down to none as well. With an Alfonse surge she lost all her upper territory to us over the past few hours. I think we're gonna get run over by Sharena again soon, though.

15 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Anybody else looking at this same screen?

Anna literally has no territories.

Outrealm 684 is close. We have 3, plus HQ. Alfonse & Sharena don’t seem to like us very much.

~

Since Myrrh is an integral part in both of the GC squads I use, I went and set her as my lead for the time being.

So a few things I've learned while playing today (which most probably already knew but I'm slow on this mode ty rl):

The opponents you face are not randomly put together by the game - they're units of players in opposing teams playing in the same outrealm that you're in.

(It didn't click that they actually were player units until I saw a Summer!Corrin among the enemies - checked the unit and lo' and behold, it was a member of Team Alphonse whose area I was fighting in)

You can never run out of units in battle - it will just re-cycle back to your first units if you get to the end (this has only happened on Infernal for me).

Sort of wish I'd figured out the above earlier, but at least I know now. Better late than never.

41 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Outrealm 52 has Anna with 8 territories. 

Whoah, it's a small world it seems, I'm in the same Outrealm and team as you; Anna @#52. 

I'm the Ilia with the Ryoma (soon to be switched to LA!Lyn due to RD armour time).

Edited by Tactician_Iris
Meh. Fixing font sizes on my phone is a pain.

I'm actually enjoying Grand Conquest- it's different, I can play it throughout the day, and it allows me to use a lot of my units that I like.  It could definitely use improvements- half of my starting 8 are merged fairly high, but I still struggle to consistently get high points in the second highest level.  I probably shouldn't be able to do Infernal easily, but I should be able to beat the level for regular 40s (in my opinion).  The teleporting is annoying and could probably be improved somehow, and it is frustrating to miss a random unit that has some guidance ability that suddenly kills one of my star units (H!Nowi, who I don't particularly like in the first place, should have been out of range of Soren, but she wasn't due to a guidance skill).  I'm also on Anna's team in Outrealm 40, and she's not doing well, not matter what I do.  There a lot of tweaks mentioned in this thread that hopefully would make the mode more fun for everyone.

I also really hope this doesn't become another mode where we can use only four units.  (Almost) every other mode only lets us use only four units or less (I can't think of a mode that doesn't, but I'm hedging my bets), so I'd like one mode to stay a little different.  I like being able to use more units.

(Also, long time lurker, first time poster- feels weird to finally post!)

Edited by Venmi

on Anna's team in Outrealm 888 and she's winning: 8-7-15

i didn't really like the Rival Domains mode but it feels different and more fun in the context of Grand Conquests. i'm getting really attached to some of my friends' units too (especially all these big beefy dragons and someone's Lucius). with beefy enemy phase units + him and my Sakura healing them up i've been able to make a little headway in getting camps on infernal.  

i do agree about dancers, if not removed entirely from the enemy team, being limited to only one. had the enemy spawn two WoM P!Azuras in the same run who could just go anywhere on the map they wanted basically and i couldn't get a foothold in :bigshrug: