New Event: Grand Conquests

Coolmanio

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...Outrealm 684 ended with 9:17:4; we of Team Anna got stomped pretty badly. Here’s hoping for a better 2nd battle.

On the other hand, it seems Caeda and Myrrh were useful, judging by the +795 change in “Friends helped” over the course of the first battle.

Edited by LordFrigid

4 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

On the other hand, it seems Caeda and Myrrh were useful, judging by the +795 change in “Friends Helped” over the course of the first battle.

People even use my unmerged and unmergeable Sharena for over 200 hits! Whoa.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I was one of those, actually figued I’d put her on a brigade since she has that tendency to hide during VGs! She didn’t see too much battle, though she did take out a Sigurd pretty handily. I’d take her over some of the well merged friend units, tbh, if only because she’s running Reposition over a dual rally.

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Loyal fans of Princess Sharena! That and she's useful for holding the line with a healer during the final push, or if the final push is a bust and I just want to keep my fort alive.

My poor Celica was fielded 525 times.

I kinda hate how the feather rewards are tied to Areas under control at the very end of the round, which is pretty out of our control unless we play 24/7.

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I kinda hate how the feather rewards are tied to Areas under control at the very end of the round, which is pretty out of our control unless we play 24/7.

Yeah, that’s probably my one dislike about the mode...and even if you are on a lot, there’s really not much one person alone can do with limited stamina/refills.

I’m also convinced some people were actually following the “Try This” (or whatever it said) pointer, and I saw that thing in some...questionable locations.

Edited by LordFrigid

Oh boy, am I glad I was put on Team Anna, the map is designed so nicely /sarcasm

Seriously, what were they thinking with that bottom right area?

I really don't see this mode becoming good anytime soon, just too many flaws or unfun/random elements, making this feel like the Voting Gauntlet 2.0.

2 more rounds of this, yey. While I'd love to just ignore it and get whatever rewards at the end, I'd just feel bad to let my team down, so I will continue contributing, against my previous decision and only this time because the event is new, but man is it disheartening to be screwed over this badly.

917 ended up with a 13/13 Sharena/Anna split. Alfonse had taken the lead from us earlier, but this was the first time I noticed Anna bring even tied for first.

I'm sad about rewards not resetting, but the team change is cool.

Took my break at work to spent my last Lances in the final round and Anna was backed all the way up to her base... We were able to get a knock-out or two and finished with 5 areas though so that was good I guess?

I'm still on Team Anna but i'm in a different Outrealm now. Hopefully I have some better teammates this time around. The map looks much more even this time around. No more of Sharena's Secret Garden.

Looks like I’m on Team Sharena now.

I wasn’t aware there were secondary rewards as well but hey I’m always down for more resources.

Different Outrealm: 2308. Still on team Alfonse.

Hm...this mode is...kind of unforgiving in a way. It feels very drawn out, but really the only match that matters is the last one just like only the last few hours of the VG matter. My team was doing pretty consistently well all throughout. All three teams actually were pretty evenly divided throughout the whole thing, and even during the final match, I thought we'd come out with a pretty even sweep, but somehow Alfonse ended up with only 5 territories in the end. I wish there was a mechanic that tracked how many territories you captured overall instead of how many territories you have at the very end. 

I enjoy that I don't have to play it very often, but I don't see why we're having multiple matches. I suppose to give folks a better chance at being on a winning team? 

Still on team Alfonse, now 1834.

Got kind the short end of the stick last round with everyone on my team going to bed before the final hours and Sharena and Anna ate up half our areas, leaving only 7 for us at the end. Sharena got 4 knockouts in the second to last hour alone, it was ridiculous. I think a bunch of people on her team must have just remembered to come play before it ended, while my team went MIA. Oh well, guess it could have been worse.

Looks like the new map is more in Anna's favor, though not as egregiously as last map with Sharena. I'm kind of glad I spent my lances already since now I can back off and not keep checking to play as often. While very flawed I still like the idea and it seems like it could have potential to be a fun mode, but they need a lot of changes. Definitely agree that it all comes down to the last couple hours like with VGs which just like those I don't care for.

I didn't know you could change teams.  I did not see a way to check the final score, but I wound up with 7000 feathers on Team Sharena, so I guess we managed to really pull ahead after I went to sleep.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Apparently, I’m with Sharena now

I guess they knew that's what you really wanted.

@Rezzy

@Kuroi Tsubasa TenshiT

@Tybrosion

@NSSKG151i

I added you all. Barst is the best I have to offer in terms of highly merged heroes. Please let me know if he doesn't work for you.

@Johann

Thanks for the heads up. He did well with his previous set of skills but this one seems more suited for this mode. I took close defense off of Barst and swapped in wings of mercy; hopefully he helps out more.

It seems like wings of mercy is pretty useful here. I also love escape route on dancers. It is a bit more risky but the pay off is so much better once it's active. I'm a little scared that this mode might devolve into b slot memes and savage (w)razzle dazzle pain healers but it is another source of rewards so it is probably worth that nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, Momentai~ said:

@Rezzy

@Kuroi Tsubasa TenshiT

@Tybrosion

@NSSKG151i

I added you all. Barst is the best I have to offer in terms of highly merged heroes. Please let me know if he doesn't work for you.

@Johann

Thanks for the heads up. He did well with his previous set of skills but this one seems more suited for this mode. I took close defense off of Barst and swapped in wings of mercy; hopefully he helps out more.

It seems like wings of mercy is pretty useful here. I also love escape route on dancers. It is a bit more risky but the pay off is so much better once it's active. I'm a little scared that this mode might devolve into b slot memes and savage (w)razzle dazzle pain healers but it is another source of rewards so it is probably worth that nonsense. 

Okay, I accepted, hope Titania is helpful.  She also happens to have Wings of Mercy equipped.