New Event: Grand Conquests

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Huh. Looking at the map again, I actually think Anna and Alphonse had it relatively even with each other with Sharena at a disadvantage, though I could be wrong. (How my team scored more than 10 is a mystery to me because I was asleep for the last few rounds.)

Yeah, you definitely lucked out. Anna and Alphonse were pretty even but in my Outrealm, Sharena refused to attack Alphonse's border and we only finished with 6 nodes.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Huh. Looking at the map again, I actually think Anna and Alphonse had it relatively even with each other with Sharena at a disadvantage, though I could be wrong. (How my team scored more than 10 is a mystery to me because I was asleep for the last few rounds.)

This was my take on it too, though we did pull off getting 9 Sharena areas since we managed to hold the lower left area going into the final round.

Alfonse's demise has been this slow painful crawl over the past few hours. Tbh, I haven't played like...at all because I've been kind of busy, but I feel like every time I check to see how it's going, he's lost more and more areas. He had 4 last time. Now he has two. XD Sharena has basically everything. I'm glad I had at least one good round, because I'm pretty sure this one isn't going to end all that well.

Outrealm 2849

Well that changed quickly. Sharena now has 14 territories with Anna at 10 and Alfonse, who was leading before at 15, now at 5. Sharena is even poised to take more territories in the next round. Which leads me to the conclusion that these are Sharena's army's peak hour and that tomorrow she'll have around 3-8 territories while everyone sleeps and when the sun sets everyone will wake up and take all the territories back like team Anna did last round. 

What I've discovered is that this mode favors players that are up during the late night and morning hours near the reset. As those last few hours actually dictate the reward feathers.

For some reason I'm always on Team Sharena and we are always losing. It's depressing. I've not been putting much effort into this mode either, so I even feel guilty of not contributing. I got 1600 feathers in Round 1, 3700 in Round 2 and now we sit at 6 territories while Team Alfonse is having 16.

I hope this mode gets another batch of rewards for individual performance. I know it would make it into a grind again, but I'd take a VG or TT over this any time because I don't have to rely on a team I can't even communicate with.

23 hours ago, Humanoid said:

@Momentai~Fortunately your Barst made this a much less painful experience - actually he's in the number one slot right now. I deleted all my brigades after the first map and cherry-picked a bunch of DC units from my limited friends list.

I probably overdid it a bit but my core units for Rival Domains are DC Barst+10, DC Shiro+10, DC Eirika+10, DC Catria+10, DC Caeda+9 and DC Cherche+9. Creative, I know. The only unit of my own that I use is my 4*+10 Olivia, and the other unit is Nowi+9, so yeah, 7 DC units. No intention of doing Infernal so the limited firepower is passable in Lunatic and it gives them a better chance in autobattle.

I probably should get more friends now that the friends list is expanded, I only have 30-odd and always felt kinda bad taking up the friend slots of other players with better units because I have nothing useful to offer them in return.

@JohannI'm warming to the idea of the scaling "garrison" to the number of occupied tiles. Could even just do some basic inverse scaling where the garrison is always 50000 divided by the number of tiles owned, which neatly results in 5000 for the starting layout. At 5 tiles, the 10000 point garrison will require at least a full-multiplier Infernal total victory to take a tile which sounds reasonable to me. Teams pushing for more than 20 tiles are just taking rewards from other teams and tossing them in the bin anyway since there are no further rewards for exceeding that number, so 20:5:5 being the goal for a well-coordinated team is fairer than what we're currently seeing.

I'm glad to hear it! I first filled my brigades with dc everything but then I realized that I needed some snipers to get through infernal. I can clear infernal sometimes but most times I end up getting blocked by a sea of enemies or having the misfortune of especially problematic units spawning on the base. Generally that means a wary fighter armor but it depends on which of my units make it to the end. I believe attacking the 3 HP enemy base once results in a higher score than a perfect lunatic clear (which I don't always get anyway) so I think it is worth the risk.

Don't worry about what you have to offer, I have a friend on my list with a level 1+1 four star Lukas so I don't mind.

Team Sharena just went from 25 to 14 in two rounds. It's ok though, we just need to secure our 3 main choke points again and everything will be fine. I just really hope the other people on my team know this.

When I count up the "troops" on all of the nodes in the last couple minutes of each round, we have typically had 40-50 people we have checked in to at least "help out". Since there are a maximum of 200 people per team that means we have had about a 20-25% participation rate.

I hope everyone at least checks in each round to "help out" as that can add up to giving a pretty big boost to those who are actually doing battles for the round. The earlier in a round the better.

1 hour ago, Javi Blizz said:

So, I haven't opened this mode since I got the reward feathers from battle 2. I've 6 conquest crest waiting for the last hour xD

That isn't a great strategy. It won't help you at all if your team is backed up to their HQ and they are consistently losing areas by a small margin. At the very least, check in to help out your team by sending the troop. And in the final 20-30 mins of a round check to see how things are going and see if you can strategically attack a certain node to help secure more areas.

16 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

That isn't a great strategy. It won't help you at all if your team is backed up to their HQ and they are consistently losing areas by a small margin. At the very least, check in to help out your team by sending the troop. And in the final 20-30 mins of a round check to see how things are going and see if you can strategically attack a certain node to help secure more areas.

The main problem is that between work and studies, I have very few time to play. And this mode doesn't give me enough reasons to use that few time in it over other modes. At least, keeping the crests until then means that I can ensure 2-3 nodes in the last hour. I haven't even checked the map yet, but I hope we've been strongly loosing, so that would mean that like in the 2 previous battles, we can destroy in the last hours and get some positions.

But as I said, this mode needs to be fixed. As it is, it's not appealing enough

I think my teammates will successfully secure Area 18 for Alfonse on the next round. I am going to dump my Conquest Lances in the south and take Area 21 next turn and then Area 25 after that. Hopefully that should allow my teammates to swarm the southwest of the map and maybe even box Sharena into the southeast.

Almost time to tip the scales!

Edited by XRay

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Team Sharena apparently dropped the ball horribly in Outrealm 2670, and my Team Anna is somehow now in the lead with 5-11-14. Wat.

Yup mine as well. We had 25 just two rounds ago. We will most likely fall to 10 or less after this round unless someone steps up to be a hero in the next 15 mins. There are a lot of areas that are going to fall by 3,000 points or less and I don't have enough stamina to do much about it.

My team took some steroids last night and we've stayed at about 20 areas controlled since then. However I get the feeling that won't hold out till the final hours where it actually matters. I've spent some stamina defending the choke at area 18 which is holding so far. It might end up falling to Alfonse at some point though, which will be bad news.

Well the past 4 rounds saw us on Team Sharena to go from 25 to 8 areas...

It looks like everyone is waking back up though as we are posed to take 4 areas back. I really hope we can re-establish our 3-node border and get back on top.

Only 5 rounds left, this is when things start to matter.

Bless this guy on my team with a Lillina lead. He's taking like 4 enemy areas all on his own this round with 8-10k score dropped on each, and 7k on a 5th with other allies on it. Guess at least somebody must have had some spears left. Hopefully the team keeps it up. I guess I'll try to nuke a choke point again when my stamina fills back up later.

I'm on Sharena this time, so feathers are almost assured, though I still found a reason to complain. Hate when people on my team go all out offensive over a hotly contested singular area in the far reaches of the map, rather than defend our beloved choke point.

I really wish my points wouldn't be thrown away like that, just because I was seconds too late to end a manual run for higher scores before the round ends. I can't blindly rush things with those stupid reinforcing units spamming my conquest, can't put all scores too soon for fear of retaliation, had to contribute in several areas, and it would have made a difference on that spot as well....

My fault for trying so late in the round, you will say, but this way all my points for the last match are just poof in an already limited pool of possible contributions. I already hate this mode in its current state, and this does not help. Also, my team will probably get bullied on once everyone sleeps... fun.

Looks like it's tumbling down in the final hours as I feared. It's 7-16-7 as we've been losing a few areas over the hours. But now team Anna seems to have woken up and looks like they'll be sweeping almost half our points at the end of this hour. Meanwhile my team seems to be dumping stamina into the lone island area we have up by Alfonse's base rather than defending our border with Anna that's in bad shape right now..

Same, 14:10:6 currently and I can't contribute anything more except that one stamina that will regen in about an hour. But I suppose I have little grounds to complain compared to some, as this'll be the first time I end up with less than 10.

Thank Naga it's all over after this round. Then the true battle can begin in the aftermath: VG vs GC, which is worse?

Team Alfonse in outrealm 3377 - I thought for sure we were going to get completely wiped out because from the beginning we lost pretty every single one of our border areas to drop down to 4 territories by round 2, and we've been struggling to hold more than 4 at a time since. I've been really impressed by my teammates the last few rounds though, everyone's been really good at only focusing on holding or invading the territories that matter while completely ignoring the ones that don't, such that now in the final round we've managed to claw our way back to 10 territories and only need to defend  3 while having the option to attack 6. Worst case scenario we finish with 7, but I'll take it, considering I was expecting to finish with 2-3.