New Event: Grand Conquests

Coolmanio

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Oh and @Vaximillian I always used your lovely Sharena for these battles. It turned out for the best I guess :P

Awww. You can always rely on her to help out!

I hope the trio gets improvements in the nearest future.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the majority of the human race really that devoid of logic and strategic thinking? My Team Sharena completely collapsed and only finished with 9 areas because people wasted their firepower on nodes we had zero chance of taking, and more importantly, we didn't want/need to take. Meanwhile the major chokepoints were left to be taken over. It doesn't help that I got distracted while doing a battle in the 17th round and finished 2 minutes too late which resulted in us not being able to keep a pretty important area.

Anna - Anna - Sharena for 5 - 6 - 9 areas and 9,000 feathers total. I guess it could have been worse...

Overall I really like this mode. It needs a few tweaks to the stamina situation. Although, had I known it was going to be like this I would definitely spend my Conquest Lances differently. I would say keep the recharge rate and the 8x per battle, but increase the total stamina to 16 with CQs restoring 16 instead of 8.

The rounds definitely need to be made longer than 2 hours. Eleven rounds of 4 hours would be perfect IMO.

I would say that the maps need to be balanced out a bit, but it really doesn't make that much of a difference in the end. 

I like this mode, but it does need some tweaking. I do think it has more going for it than Voting Gauntlets and Tap Battles, though.

Edited by Othin

Team Sharena floundered hard in my outrealm.  If anyone saw the image I posted a couple days ago with 20+ controlled nodes...well, we ended with 7.  Seems like everyone blew a lot of their lances fighting in some far-flung territory on the first day when it doesn't matter at all.  Even so, it looked like we were going to get 15 territories or so by the time I went to bed an hour or so before the event ended...  This mode needs some tweeks for sure. 

Somehow ended the last round at 5-14-11 on Team Anna. Honestly, that was way better than I was expecting, based on the map.

I think this mode could be fun if they made some changes to the stamina system, maps, and rewards. Specifically, they should do the same thing as Voting Gauntlets and add missions to obtain more stamina restores for each round. The map should be the same each round, but with each team taking a different base each time with each player fixed to one team. Sacred Coins should be moved out of the team rewards and be part of the ranking rewards.

7 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

With GC, you have the same boredom (except if you are into RD) with the added dependency on your team and a useful map position, which is entirely random, AND having to be ready to do stuff manually, tediously, and consistently (people say the early hours don't matter, but considering you need to not be reduced to 1-3 areas to properly conquer in the later hours, people do need to pay attention to not just give away free areas too much, which will happen if you only play at the end). I'll be keeping an eye on changes, but if they don't really matter, I will actually ignore this mode entirely past the orb rewards.

The earliest hours don't. There's too many rounds/hours in a map, so the first day is a trap for more than nominal use of free lances. This was demonstrated on my first outrealm where Alfonse went super hard and had 20+ properties the entire first day and then just completely died during the second day and lost everything because he didn't have any ability to defend his stuff. The entirety of the second day, however, does matter, with the very last two rounds being the most crucial.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Somehow ended the last round at 5-14-11 on Team Anna. Honestly, that was way better than I was expecting, based on the map.

I think this mode could be fun if they made some changes to the stamina system, maps, and rewards. Specifically, they should do the same thing as Voting Gauntlets and add missions to obtain more stamina restores for each round. The map should be the same each round, but with each team taking a different base each time with each player fixed to one team. Sacred Coins should be moved out of the team rewards and be part of the ranking rewards.

Completely agree

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

The earliest hours don't. There's too many rounds/hours in a map, so the first day is a trap for more than nominal use of free lances. This was demonstrated on my first outrealm where Alfonse went super hard and had 20+ properties the entire first day and then just completely died during the second day and lost everything because he didn't have any ability to defend his stuff. The entirety of the second day, however, does matter, with the very last two rounds being the most crucial.

I'm not talking about the lances as an item, but the free energy one has and goes to waste if unused. If one completely ignores the mode the first day and it becomes the norm for a significant portion of the team (which we had), they will put themselves at a disadvantage, depending on the map constellation. An early heavy push is pretty wasteful, though, that I will agree.

Don't get me wrong, I know that a team can conquer everything the second day without having to care for the first, but morale seemed quite noticeable in some instances and I had a feeling users took the stance of not participating at all because of them looking at an unfavorable map (not that it mattered as a lot of people got good rewards for doing jack). Having a better starting position also helps conquering later on with the extra lances. The major conquest then is obviously way more significant than any contribution in the beginning, but I would argue the start isn't completely useless. But hey, it's just my impression, can't care enough about the mode to verify my claims on a more pedantic level.

Was there a way to review the results of the previous day?  I don't remember seeing anything like this, it would have been nice to review what I did wrong.   Also, did anyone else get messed up by the enemy having the same character?   An enemy Lucina defeated my Lucina and moved into the same spot.  I don't have the combat animation on, so it just looked like the enemy Lucina disappeared and mine lost some health, I kept wondering why I couldn't move her :P

Apologies on responding so late - My phone was in for repairs (had to play FEH on a borrowed one until it got fixed). :s

@Johann Your Cain was great - he worked very well in particular with my Elise who healed and wittled down any melee blues when needed (Wrathful Gravity+/Dazzling Staff/Savage Blow x2 build). All the Cavalry buffing from the rest of the brigade just made him hit even harder too. It was overall perfect conditions for a Galeforcing Bull to rampage I'd say. :]

@mampfoid I'm sorry I didn't respond that I added you, darn phone circumstances being what they where.

As for rewards, round one was decent, two was a disaster (2 areas.), and round three made up for it with 15. At any rate, besides the round 2 disaster, I walked away with enough feathers for another 5* so I'm happy overall.

46 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Tactician_Iris Hey, no problem. Broken phones are no fun, I can tell. 

Yeah - having a busted charging socket was no fun. :/

Fortunately, a friend had an identical phone that I could frankenstein the necessary parts from (the screen on theirs was dead so it was just paperweight otherwise). At any rate, it's all good now and ready to properly HM grind on GHBs again. :]