New Event: Grand Conquests

Coolmanio

I didn't realise there was going to be a third set after this current one, I misread the calendar. That means we're only about 35-40% into the duration of this event and for a significant number of people, there's actually no longer any reason at all to play outside of the final round or two of each set. Anyone who's tier 20 already only has Area Count rewards to play for, and there's no benefit to gaining early points.

From a game design perspective that might be considered kinda bad, but personally I like that there's now no pressure at all to keep playing. I'll spend the capped 8x multiplier at the end of each set, plus the five recharges I have. Knowing I only have to play actual maps 7 more times in total is a huge relief.

I suppose it means there's fairly little to do between now and the start of the TT in just under a week's time - just the Saias GHB and some undoubtedly trivial "Movement Type" quests, but personally I'm happy to have the time off. (Zephiel and Camus Lunatic quests too I guess, plus the new Infernal Camus)

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm team Sharena now? It's a bit annoying to have the map disadvantage twice, still Anna did ok in the last Outrealm so I'll hope Sharena does too. Right now the scores are 13:9:8 and team Anna seems a bit inactive so I can take territories from them.

Did stamina lances reset to 1 at the start of the new Battle? I'm pretty sure I spent all of what I had at the end of the last one, but now I'm not sure.

Team Alfonse now. But I'd rather be dead than red.

jk Alfonse is literally my favorite character in the game.

5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Did stamina lances reset to 1 at the start of the new Battle? I'm pretty sure I spent all of what I had at the end of the last one, but now I'm not sure.

Team Alfonse now. But I'd rather be dead than red.

jk Alfonse is literally my favorite character in the game.

I'm pretty sure my count stayed at 3.

I thought surrendering didn't cost stamina somehow - welp, it did.

This mode is absolute garbage. The RD format is already unforgiving enough with the combination of giant maps, turn limits, and your respawns needing an extra turn to warp to the last camp. Add to that finely tuned player builds for opponents and it feels worse than pulling a full circle of 3-stars.

Oh, we change teams and outrealms? Huh ...

Team Anna now, and apparently Anna has taken Sharena's place in having that one unobtainable area to herself. I totally thought I was still on Sharena's army during the first round >_>

Great so everyone got a team change, except I am still Team Alphonse. Outrealm 1754, and Sharena has no territories left. Anna slaughtered her and is now gunning for Team Alphonse.

Apparently in my hurry to run out earlier today I didn't hit submit. oh well.

@Johann @Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi @Tybrosion @Alexmender  I sent you guys friend requests few hours ago, sorry I'm mentioning this so late. I'm Sylph with adult Tiki

I ended first round with 4000 feathers so that was nice. My outrealm was overall really balance, I think Anna and Sharena had two less and two more nodes respectively.

On Team Anna for round 2, the new map looks slightly better than the last one.

Outrealm 2423, still on best Heroes lord Sharena's team.

It looks like they added another bridge to the south-east landmass due to the change in base locations. In return, Alfonse as the northwest landmass in a similar state of impenetrability with one bridge removed due to being adjacent to Sharena's new base.

I thought they learned their lesson from the first Voting Gauntlet, but it seems they haven't. Anyone who still remembers will recall that they gave out only one mission set containing all of the flags for the entire tournament instead of giving us a new set each round, which is literally what they just did for Grand Conquest, but with personal ranking rewards instead of a mission set. For anyone who spent all of their stamina restores last round here, it's going to be a snore fest for the remainder of the event

Actually, I'd probably be okay with it being a snore fest. One of the annoyances of last round was how often a good player could snipe a node by dropping a full stamina restore on it. I know I could drop 11,840 points at once on certain specific nodes (namely the one two nodes diagonal to Alfonse's base that gave player-phase automatic follow-up to all cavalry and had a cavalry-friendly map), and was able to capture three territories at once during a round yesterday using the bonus to neighboring nodes (and no one could stop me because I finished my map less with less than a minute left in the round).

Anyways, with the snore fest currently in place, I guess that gives me some time to go work on other things, like building some more units (and giving everything Wings of Mercy and/or Desperation).

Edited by Ice Dragon

My outrealm's Anna currently has 15 spots.

But I think the rest of my team (along with most of the players in my outrealm) have dropped off the face of the Earth.

1 hour ago, Sylphid said:

Apparently in my hurry to run out earlier today I didn't hit submit. oh well.

@Johann @Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi @Tybrosion @Alexmender  I sent you guys friend requests few hours ago, sorry I'm mentioning this so late. I'm Sylph with adult Tiki

I ended first round with 4000 feathers so that was nice. My outrealm was overall really balance, I think Anna and Sharena had two less and two more nodes respectively.

On Team Anna for round 2, the new map looks slightly better than the last one.

How strange, your request didn't appear on my list. Better fix that, how about you give me your ID and I send you a request?

---

Sharena is losing ground to Alfonse's army, Anna seems to be screwed over here but maybe it'll change soon. I wouldn't be surprised if Alfonse conquers everything this round, he has a huge advantage with that upper left zone being super hard to reach.

5ad3afb7d9744_unbalancedshit.thumb.jpg.18cd5719c08be8b8bc78fbad1264352a.jpg

47 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

..., like building some more units (and giving everything Wings of Mercy and/or Desperation).

God, I wish I could say this unironically. It would make this a lot more tolerable.

I am being crushed once more in my new team, but I can't contribute much anyways without any new items, so I'm screwed to accept the peanuts of this mode. It's more free stuff and yet I can't shake off the salt when other people will be going away with several thousands of feathers more than me...

I'd love to know what metrics or other reasons they used for putting teams together.

38 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

How strange, your request didn't appear on my list. Better fix that, how about you give me your ID and I send you a request?

I resent, I probably missed hitting the send button just like I missed hitting the submit button. It was a busy morning.

In case it still doesn't show up, my id's hidden in my singature.

Edited by Sylphid

wrathffull dazzling gravity staff horsies with double Savage blow are a blessing, weaken your enemy, halt their movement, wait outside of their attack range and crush them on the next turn to take over bases.

13 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

I resent, I probably missed hitting the send button just like I missed hitting the submit button. It was a busy morning.

In case it still doesn't show up, my id's hidden in my singature.

It got through this time so everything's good. Hope my Eirika will serve you well!

43 minutes ago, Hilda said:

wrathffull dazzling gravity staff horsies with double Savage blow are a blessing, weaken your enemy, halt their movement, wait outside of their attack range and crush them on the next turn to take over bases.

Exactly what I've been doing (minus the Savage Blow).

Actually, this mode has convinced me to bump up my priority of building Priscilla, Clarine, and Nanna and give them all Gravity+.

Edited by Ice Dragon