New Event: Grand Conquests

Coolmanio

I don't know how much I won last time round, but I've maxed 20 now, so I'm happy with the rewards I got, whatever they were. 

I've been moved to team Anna and we're currently dominating our outrealms. I know how quickly this can change, though. Still hating the map sizes. It makes the mode drag. I'd honestly much prefer it if we could have the regular map sizes. I've sent feedback, but I don't know if that's what they want for this. 

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, my one gripe with the mode now is that we don't get any more Conquest Lances. In the future I will be saving some for later, but with 22 rounds times 3 battles, there just isn't enough Stamina to be active over the course of 66 rounds. Honestly, I would have been fine with just one battle.

I think 4 hour rounds would work much better. 2 hours is too quick. A knock-out is big but it goes away too fast. Imagine how much of an advantage a team would have if they scored a key knock-out within the first hour of a 4 hour round. 11 rounds would be plenty to see exciting map changes. 22 is just too much if you ask me.

For the next time they do this, they should increase the Stamina to 16 (or more), but keep the most you can use in one battle at 8. The Conquest Lances would still fully restore whatever the max is so we would be able to contribute much more frequently.

Maybe a better solution would be to have a fixed amount of stamina per round that gets reset with every round.

With no more Conquest lances and 1 stamina per hour, I won't be able to do very much for the remainder of this event...

After neglecting this mode for a bit I checked to see if there was anything new. Then I saw this.

97887EC7-83A3-4528-98DC-56D3CD65A43E.thumb.png.d8deb2488060e41fa386387c48848fdb.png

This is... BAD. Should I even bother at this point? 

Last night, Alfonse had lost almost all of his territories. It kinda sucks that he had to start the round fighting off on so many fronts. I think he had 6 places to defend. Sharena had 4, and Anna had 2. When I woke up, he only had 4 territories left. He gained a few back after the last match, but he's still getting crushed in my outrealm. I suppose this time around I must have a more inactive team, or Anna has a CRAZY active team.

21 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

It is still super early. The map layout will change a lot by the end. Save your Lances for the last two or three hours and remember that all of the neighboring areas will receive "splash damage" scoring.

Last battle saw Alphose go from 2 to 20 and then back down to 7 for the final in my Outrealm.

2 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

After neglecting this mode for a bit I checked to see if there was anything new. Then I saw this.

97887EC7-83A3-4528-98DC-56D3CD65A43E.thumb.png.d8deb2488060e41fa386387c48848fdb.png

It actually means your team is probably more likely to win in the end. The first day of fighting is kind of dumb and pointless. Teams that dominate are typically blowing all their lances and effort for an advantage that is easily lost overnight. Day 2 is all that really matters, with the last four hours being the most important.

This mode seriously needs to fix the fact that being too active frequently and early is actually a detriment to your team's ability to win.

2 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

That's almost exactly what I have on my end right now (outrealm 1845, and yeah I'm also with Sharena), except that Sharena also has the territory directly south of her HQ. Unfortunately unlike you, I don't have the luxury of having any lances since I hit Tier 20 before the end of the first round. And yes, I am enjoying the fact that I'm now forced to spend 90% of my time sitting on my ass and just get to watch how things play out.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

And yes, I am enjoying the fact that I'm now forced to spend 90% of my time sitting on my ass and just get to watch how things play out.

So excited!

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Actually, I am......because we now have 4 territories instead of 3!!! ......Someone please end my suffering.

Four spots here as well. Let’s watch over each other then.

2 hours ago, Coolmanio said:

So does everyone else just autobattle as well? It works reasonably well on Lunatic. There is really no strategy here -_-

Yeah, although I do it on Hard because the AI is almost guaranteed to max every scoring category. On Lunatic, I need to do things manually towards the end at around turn 7 to make sure my units take out the fortress.

I did some on Infernal manually yesterday, but today I just want to take a break completely and watch my units do questionable/silly moves. I get around a little over 1,000 points on Infernal anyways, so I am only losing about 100 points on average if I do autobattle on Hard, so it is not really a big deal.

I won't be able to play much tomorrow so I'll probably just help out by securing some key chokepoints later on. Sniping a spot with a few minutes left is rather risky though, since if you go overtime it nullifies your entire effort.

Though there really isn't much incentive to play after reaching tier 20. Especially since we're already 8/3/19, and I'm on team Anna. 

Edited by Korath88

Over in Outrealm 2187 now. Was a bit disappointed the tier rewards don't reset so the grind is only really for the first round, but It is a new source of feathers so that's pretty awesome.

In other news I'm on team Anna now and this one is crushing everyone utterly. 19 areas and that's after losing 2. I hope it stays this way tomorrow for those sweet, delicious 7k feathers.

6 hours ago, Coolmanio said:

So does everyone else just autobattle as well? It works reasonably well on Lunatic. There is really no strategy here -_-

I am really sick of people saying that there is no strategy involved in Rival Domain maps. I always play on the Infernal difficulty and I am able to clear every map in 6-8 turns with a maximum score while only losing 0-2 of my starting 8 along the way. I have only been using my own units for the Grand Conquest maps. I could probably make it even easier on myself if I used some of my friend's +10 units.

Even if you are F2P, as long as you have been playing for 9 months or longer, there is no excuse for not having the proper resources and unit preparations needed to do well in this mode. Even without a lot of time invested, you have as many as 100 friend's units to choose from to build a team that is more than capable of getting reliable wins.

31 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

I am really sick of people saying that there is no strategy involved in Rival Domain maps. I always play on the Infernal difficulty and I am able to clear every map in 6-8 turns with a maximum score while only losing 0-2 of my starting 8 along the way. I have only been using my own units for the Grand Conquest maps. I could probably make it even easier on myself if I used some of my friend's +10 units.

Even if you are F2P, as long as you have been playing for 9 months or longer, there is no excuse for not having the proper resources and unit preparations needed to do well in this mode. Even without a lot of time invested, you have as many as 100 friend's units to choose from to build a team that is more than capable of getting reliable wins.

You can say it's strategic, but since you can often autobattle your way to completion or near completion, depending upon luck of the draw, it doesn't feel it as much to me. I think my main problem is the maps are big and endless, so I find them dull. I have to strain to see what I'm doing on my small phone screen, mistakes are easier to make unless I click on to the tap to end turn mode that I have avoided so far, and even then, you can clear all the enemies away only to have more teleport in, since the enemy gets reinforcements quicker. It's just disheartening and dull for me. I don't have any +10 units, nor do I want them, since I'd rather focus on getting one of everyone to 5*. I have some friends with high merges, but it means I can't even use my own units for this mode - I just rely on my friends'.

Honestly, I'm glad autobattle is a thing or I wouldn't bother with this mode at all.

2 hours ago, Hawk King said:

I always play on the Infernal difficulty and I am able to clear every map in 6-8 turns with a maximum score while only losing 0-2 of my starting 8 along the way. I have only been using my own units for the Grand Conquest maps. I could probably make it even easier on myself if I used some of my friend's +10 units.

I can only manage to get two camps if I am lucky on Infernal even with 5*+10 units. I usually manage to only take and hold one enemy camp.

What types of unit do you use? I use a mix of armors, fliers, ranged cavalry, lolis, 1 healer, and HNY!Azura.

My strategy is to let my armor push into one camp so all the enemies rush to that camp, leaving the second camp undefended, then I use my cavalry units to rush the second undefended camp and take it over. However, I cannot really do that on some maps due to the map layout.

Someone said it earlier, but really, once you hit tier 20 rewards, it's hard to really care about continuing to play. That's probably the biggest concern about this mode right now, I'd say.

Alfonse was doing a good job dominating most of the time in my current realm... until the last couple ours. We currently have 7 areas while Sharena busted out from her 3 to 14, with Anna at 9. I hope it doesn't end up with another few unlucky final hours for my team like last round, I could really use those feathers..

In my realm, Team Sharena is doing quite bad too (and I'm in that team). However, I think people maybe have learnt from battle 1 and are just saving their crests. I think last round (22/22) happens to be while I wake up before going to work, so I'll blow my stamina bar and a couple of crests to try to guarantee 1-2 spots for the feather

Outrealm 2071 and I'm just waiting for Sharena's hammer to fall. I'm on Anna's team this time and we were pushing hard all first day. Even held 16 territories until a couple hours ago and Alfonse's pushback, which, up until now, hadn't been as strong, has evened things out. Meanwhile, Sharena has just been waiting by patiently and is likely to come out and wreck our exhausted armies in a round or two.