New Event: Grand Conquests

Coolmanio

Representative of Outrealm 183 here. I'm on Team Alfonse, and the score is currently us 9, Sharena 13, and Anna 8.

So far, I am none too fond of this mode. In my view, it exacerbates all of the flaws in the Rival Domains battles. The teleporting is total nonsense, and it's even more grating with all of the BS skills that are on the foes now. Hm. And enemies don't always attack, some will warp away to rally instead, leaving the space open for some stronger enemy with the WTA to come over. And they really need to improve how we can edit the brigades, as I find it a really cumbersome process to edit them at the moment. Ah well.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good lord, this is bad. I hated Rival Domains enough already.

I don't quite understand the mechanics here. Can I get a maximum of rewards by just auto-battling through the whole thing?

Things I like:

• Individual players make a difference in winning a location, eat shit Voting Gauntlet
  • The close calls between the armies taking a location are exciting
  • You can just dump all your stamina into one place and then not worry about the game for a while, because you're still helping and getting prizes
  • More incentive for making friends and gearing your own units to be more helpful for others

Things I don't like:

• Most of the maps are far too chokey for 16 units, and a lot of them heavily favor either Fliers, Cavalry, or Wings of Mercy. I can't even touch half the maps cuz they've got too much water, and I don't really have crap for Fliers
  • Fighting the same pain in the ass opponent you killed earlier in the same map is extremely annoying
  • Enemy dancers on every map. They're always there round 1, which means you gotta kill them fast, and then deal with them again when they return halfway through the map
  • Having a dancer of your own is almost a necessity on Infernal.
  • 10 turn limit feels frustratingly low, when approaching a fort or base can be a very slow effort due to so many enemies constantly pouring in

Mixed feelings:

• Since, unlike Rival Domains, there is stamina, each fight feels like a bigger deal. If it's going badly because of bad luck in my opponents, then I'm pretty frustrated about it
  • The whole map could be completely different after going to sleep and checking again in the morning. I guess it'll either feel like a come back, or losing all the work you did, or that it's all kinda meaningless
  • Enemy strength is all over the place, at least on Infernal. I'll see decked out +10 dudes alongside unmerged units without skills sets. My brain doesn't even register it half the time and I sometimes end up being too cautious or too reckless, depending on how often I'm checking the enemies
  • If you use a Stamina Spear thing, your timer doesn't start ticking until after you've won that next battle. This is weird, and if you take a long time in one battle, you may end up wasting like, half a stamina point.

Things I'd change for now:

• Enemy teams won't include dancers
  • Make stamina counter start counting at the start of a battle if you use them at full, instead of after
  • Music selector for maps
Edited by Johann

...what am I supposed to do...? This is too much like Rival Domains with the big maps and warping nonsense. Not my cup of tea. This is a mess of a mode. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

3 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

So for those who have used the Help Out! button: what items have you gotten?

I've seen the following:
(Color) shards
(Color) crystals
Dueling crest

I got Stamina potions; just the game adding salt to injury.

Just used a bunch of stamina on a single node for some 8000 points, that was oddly satisfying. Aside from the fact that in the time I got those points, the other team poured in a bunch of guys to that node and the pie chart barely changed.

And yeah I've come to the conclusion that I would really enjoy this mode if it wasn't for the RD map elements I don't enjoy. Going to ty

@Sunwoo I had this thing typed out why Anna's army's score makes sense there and then I realized it was the other score that's weird. No idea how that one works

Update on 241: Alfonse has failed to wear himself down. In fact, he's just gone more berserk. It's currently 20 Alfonse, 8 Sharena, 2 Anna. It's pretty much impossible to beat Alfonse in any of the hot zones, too. Last big clash I looked at had Alfonse with 100k and Sharena with 50k. Looking at a lot of the other zones' rankings, I don't think people on my team are even playing Infernal. Conclusion: Team Alfonse got all the whales and us other two teams get to sit here and be punching bags. Yay.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

IMG_0061.PNG.dff1d668eb73788c4769572da950c0e8.PNG

HOW THE FUCK --

Probably tier bonuses from adjacent areas.

25 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

So for those who have used the Help Out! button: what items have you gotten?

I've seen the following:
(Color) shards
(Color) crystals
Dueling crest

I've gotten 50 feathers and 25 great badges. The icon seems to rotate through the possibilities, but they're all pretty common items.

Here in 203 it's pretty heated between Alfonse and Sharena at 12-13-5. Anna's getting beat on equally bad by us (Alfonse) and Sharena. It feels like either Anna might have lower active players here with how the point distribution has been looking. Or they're playing lower difficulty/scoring less in general. Sharena seems to be the best off but we've been evening it up.

I'm finding some maps to be a lot more annoying than others. A couple with bottlenecks near the spawns mean I can't manage to punch through the stream of Lunatic reinforcements to ever capture the final base. At least I've finally managed a max score clear on a couple of the more open ones so far. My biggest complaint is mostly the fact the enemy team has no limit on dancers. I had a couple matches with some crazy enemy warping/dancing shit going on that really threw me off.

Edited by Alkaid

Remember that even in Feh channel they specifically encouraged feedback to continue to improve this mode.  So they are going to pay especially close attention to feedback, more so than they do so even for other things.  They know this is experimental, new and far from perfect.  

I like the world map and taking territories.  Rewards seem good, I mean the tier rewards at least.   I liked Rival Domains cause of the grand scale, but yeah the warping and random enemy reinforcements that can warp and then attack same turn does take out some of the strategy.  The thing is with 10 turn limit, the objective to overtake enemy forts, it seems a necessity for the mode to work.  I wonder if there were a set amount of units rather than endless revive/enemy reinforcements, no turn limit, no teleport, would it work better?

As far as world map arena.  I would prefer if they utilize the big maps and have 8vs8.  That would be cool.   No forts, no teleports, and 8 units total per team.  

I'm always doing infernal but I've never knocked out all the enemy bases.  I usually knock out 1, but have also often only protected my own and not taken any enemy bases.  

2 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I'm always doing infernal but I've never knocked out all the enemy bases.  I usually knock out 1, but have also often only protected my own and not taken any enemy bases.  

Yeah. I jumped down to lunatic thinking maybe I could take a fort there. I almost got close once or twice on Infernal. However, even on Lunatic I am lucky if I get all the camps. The fort is just impossible.

7 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

How much points do you get for that? Is that better than playing on Hard and capturing everything instead?

Outrealm 1217. 

Sharena's army here. Alfonse as the most at 12, Sharena has 10 and Anna has 8. Seems like Alfonse on the regular is the dominant force and Anna gets the short end of the stick.

Wonder what it's like on Outrealm 1...

Team Sharena in Outrealm 1061. Only six to Anna's 7 and Alfonse's 17. Huge swing from having a lead this morning. But we reached a point where Anna and Alfonse could only attack our spaces. When you gain a lead, everybody wants to take you out. I think I'll hang onto my stamina doodads until the end and go for an all out attack.

Man, I just noticed the major spike I got for the friends helped stat since the event started. Hopefully that means my lead's been being useful enough for people! Going from like 10 to 220 is pretty crazy.

Outrealm 924 team Sharena, we went from leading big time to last.  What has IS given team Alphonse for them to be leading everywhere?  I have question a for people, the FEH channel said that IS wants feedback on this mode and would listen to what the players want right?  So anyway I was wondering what feedback should be given and what most players here want to have change so everyone can send in the same things and make the mode better.

Edited by EricaofRenais

36 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

How much points do you get for that? Is that better than playing on Hard and capturing everything instead?

I play Infernal and generally get like 1000-1100 points for holding all the camps but not reaching the fortress.

I think in not just Grand Conquest but Rival Domains, enemy reinforcements should come in every other turn instead of every turn to ease the chaos. I think that should help to not make the match feel like a crapshoot every time.