Red/Blue/Green Bow Units to be added to game! (Units: Currently Unknown)

Coolmanio

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Agreed. I've been through Gamepress' datamine page but have we gotten anything about the new Legendary Hero as we did with Robin last month?

The main reason we knew about Legendary Robin was because of the arena rotation. I assume the arena rotation featuring the next Legendary Hero isn't in the datamines (but instead the Thracia one is).

Anyway, I didn't really expect this, but I guess some people thought colourless wasn't really that good? Personally, I agree about it being a good offensive type though. Plus I don't want my days of throwing Bride Cordelia and 3 dancers at everything to end XD

So this seems to be a way of addressing the difficulty that bows (and daggers) can have in competing for a team slot without a color advantage. While it's good for future units with the new subtypes, it's a problem for the ones that already exist with the old ones, since this shrinks their niche. It also may mean adding even fewer new colorless units in the future.

One way to address this could be to add some sort of colorless-specific skills, like "(Hone/Fortify/Goad/Ward) Colorless". Although I sure don't have any good name ideas.

Considering Takumi is currently the most popular (default class) archer in FE, it wouldn't be too surprising to see him get another bow alt (preferably as Kinshi Knight to help the flying male drought) None of the other default archers are popular enough to play the star of a banner (unless we have another Reinhardt+Olwen scenario).

Of course they could always just create an archer Lucina or something, so options are pretty open here.

I do think alts would be pretty boring, but I don't think they'd use, say, Shinon to introduce the concept.

Takumi getting a legendary Kinshi Knight alt with a colored bow would make a lot of sense. If he does, I wonder if he'll get the Pursuer rather than some sort of upgraded Fujin Yumi.

Shinon and Rolf, plz! Tellius lacks any archers right now. I'd make it a Greil Mercs banner with those two, Boyd, and Gatrie. Oscar needs his brothers and Shinon and Gatrie are friends. Shinon taught Rolf and Rolf looks up to him too. Shinon = red, Rolf = green or blue, Gatrie = blue, Boyd = green.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Takumi would've been really fitting with green because of the wind associations with the Fujin Yumi but..he kind of already has an alt as Fallen Takumi. Unless Takumi Emblem becomes complete. Maybe Kiragi fits though.

Bows and Axes are in the same part of the Weapon Triangle in Fates, it'd make sense for him.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Takumi getting a legendary Kinshi Knight alt with a colored bow would make a lot of sense. If he does, I wonder if he'll get the Pursuer rather than some sort of upgraded Fujin Yumi.

Pursuer could be Brave Life or Death Bow. That'd be the easiest way of replicating its effects in Fates while making it more than just a Brave Bow. And you do pry it from Mikoto's dead hands on Rev.

59 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Shinon and Rolf, plz! Tellius lacks any archers right now. I'd make it a Greil Mercs banner with those two, Boyd, and Gatrie. Oscar needs his brothers and Shinon and Gatrie are friends. Shinon taught Rolf and Rolf looks up to him too. Shinon = red, Rolf = green or blue, Gatrie = blue, Boyd = green.

I love both Shinon and Rolf, but right now I want Astrid the most. An actual Bow Cav that IS didn't have to invent from nowhere.

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I love both Shinon and Rolf, but right now I want Astrid the most. An actual Bow Cav that IS didn't have to invent from nowhere.

Okay?

Oh yeah, you could put Rhys in that theoretical Greil Mercs banner too! Can't forget one of the coolest healers, imo.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, VeryAngryBisharp said:

Maybe a weapon refine for bows? Refine them to have a color?

This prospect is both the most fun and the most frightening of them all. On the one hand, it gives bow characters a new modicum of flexibility; but on the other hand, Brave Lyn/Valentine's Roy spam teams in AA just became a lot more unpredictable. Although Brave+ and Firesweep+ cannot be refined, but color refining might not have those restrictions.

I really doubt they're planning a Takumi alt so soon after the last one.

This whole thing is really weird to me, though. I can't help wondering if it isn't like the colorless dragon, just adding new weapon types for new units, but instead if bow units will somehow get to choose their color or something to that effect. There are already not a ton of bow units and splitting them into three more categories would be really odd.

7 minutes ago, Florete said:

I really doubt they're planning a Takumi alt so soon after the last one.

No one expected a Grima/Robin alt so soon after the last one either...

10 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

Brave Lyn/Valentine's Roy spam teams in AA just became a lot more unpredictable.

And a lot easier to tank due to weapon triangle advantage.

I doubt color will be changeable by the weapon skill. After all, color is tied to the character, not to the weapon. Attacking a weaponless sword user with a lance still give you weapon triangle advantage. Attacking a weaponless sword user when equipped with Swordbreaker gives you its guaranteed follow-up.

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

No one expected a Grima/Robin alt so soon after the last one either...

That's the one exception, and you should also consider Christmas Robin was almost certainly planned for the previous year. It was datamined when the game launched, and we know the game was delayed.

Also consider that the unit used to introduce colorless dragons was...Robin. Not Corrin or Tiki like people were expecting, but a character most wouldn't consider for a dragon role even though it technically works.

But still, my guess is that this isn't just adding new weapon types for new units to occupy. I don't know what form it will take, though.

46 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I wonder if Noire is gonna be the colored archer here? She is an archer in the game. 

I'm hoping that Noire is a red bow units. Sharing the same color as her mother and maybe she can have a bow with some dark magic elements in it.

Just now, Jingle Jangle said:

I'm hoping that Noire is a red bow units. Sharing the same color as her mother and maybe she can have a bow with some dark magic elements in it.

Isn't "Blood and Thunder" her no. 1 battle quip though? Blue Bow is another possibility.

I wouldn't be against a Parent-Child weapon swap banner. Tharja Bow, Noire Red Tome. Cordelia Sword, Severa Lance Flier. Lilina Armads and Hector Red Tome. Not like we have too many options for this to make it too nebulous, most kids take after a parent to the class and weapon.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Isn't "Blood and Thunder" her no. 1 battle quip though? Blue Bow is another possibility.

I wouldn't be against a Parent-Child weapon swap banner. Tharja Bow, Noire Red Tome. Cordelia Sword, Severa Lance Flier. Lilina Armads and Hector Red Tome. Not like we have too many options for this to make it too nebulous, most kids take after a parent to the class and weapon.

True, true. Being a blue unit does fit her. The Blessed (renewal), Towering ( bonus damage against archers) or the Superior (heavy blade) bows are possible candidates for her.

My guess is, the colored bow users will be whatever bow users they were already planning on adding in the future, as either new characters or alts (aside from a few that stay colorless), and their color will be whatever is convenient for their banner.

9 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

640?cb=20160417011626

Like this? 

This reminds me Gilgamesh is suppose to be a Archer Servant... Now I get why

7 hours ago, Othin said:

So this seems to be a way of addressing the difficulty that bows (and daggers) can have in competing for a team slot without a color advantage. While it's good for future units with the new subtypes, it's a problem for the ones that already exist with the old ones, since this shrinks their niche. It also may mean adding even fewer new colorless units in the future.

One way to address this could be to add some sort of colorless-specific skills, like "(Hone/Fortify/Goad/Ward) Colorless". Although I sure don't have any good name ideas.

I actually like the fact that my dagger and bow users are colorless, they can deal with the enemys my other colored units have a disadvantage. I usually only run 2 colors + 1 colorless (meaning example: 2 green, 1 blue 1 colorless)

I have found this to be the best working Team setup for me in terms of colors

It'll never happen but Shura as a green bow Legendary would be great lol.

If it doesn't end up being green, they could maybe do Mikoto? She could definitely be a legendary candidate over Takumi.

I think giving us the option to change our bow units to different colors would be easier for IntSys. Of course, it'd probably require a system similar to the blessings so it can't be changed all willy nilly.

As for Noire, I'd love it if she was a green bow, simply because of her design lol. Colorless would be fine too, since I like rainbow teams, and we have three other Awakening children already (sans Fate counterparts).

Having the ability to change bow colors would make me more inclined to use daggers and staves.