Tempest Trials: Thunder’s Fist!

Vaximillian

30 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I just rechecked the Feh channel. It's the right one that is Saias's Grand Hero Battle map while the left one is the Tempest Trial map.

Then I’ll need to fix the OP yet again. Thanks for the correction.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the bonus units, and considering I don't plan to pull on the new banner, leaves me questioning what to do.

I do have both Seliph and Reinhart at 4*, but I don't like either of them enough to invest any truly precious resources (plus all of my three Seliphs have shitty IVs). I guess I'll just be winging it with a 4* Reinhart until I get 5* Finn. Been waiting for a proper Lance Cav since I didn't catch Camus when he was first released. Now I have two to choose from, and will probably be going with Finn because of the TT.

Edited by Nanima

40 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The point is not that it can't be dealt with. Everything in this game can be dealt with. The point is that it's an absurd chore to deal with, requiring specific builds or team compositions.

First world problems.

40 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And that's exactly what a properly balanced strategy game should not have.

What would you propose though? An armor effective passive on the A/B/C slot?

I actually would not mind a staff meta at the top of Arena Assault. It gives staff units more purpose. And it makes things so much easier. Who needs strategy?

14 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Maybe for healers with already low attack, but they'd be running something else in their seal slot like savage blow, unless you're running a whole team of healers. I just use one healers and two dancers for training'

I never thought of using Savage Blow for training for some reason. Well, with -6 Attack, your healer can deal even less lethal damage in even lower Strati, although Strati that low usually do not pose much of a problem for the trainee.

14 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Which reminds me, valor skills have kinda fallen behind the times. We've got blessings and double SP weekends

Blessings are limited and I rather hoard them for now. I like to train my units whenever I want and not just on the weekends. Being able to obtain a minimum of 6 SP per kill makes grinding so much easier.

9 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Got 195 coins here and I've already fully upgraded most 240 SP cost skills (only ones I have yet to upgrade are Res Ploy and Poison Strike). And TT is yet another 80 coins and not counting incoming Arena coins. Looks like I can upgrade 2 seals during this TT. Now, which one besides Drive Atk...?

Embla's Ward/Múspellflame.

If you have not done so, I recommend Speed +3 Sacred Seal, especially if you run Player Phase units. Some fast Enemy Phase units would also use it to great effect. I would also highly recommend the Hones and Fortifies to buff up your Blade tomes.

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you have not done so, I recommend Speed +3 Sacred Seal, especially if you run Player Phase units. Some fast Enemy Phase units would also use it to great effect. I would also highly recommend the Hones and Fortifies to buff up your Blade tomes.

Already got 2 of each of Atk +3 and Spd +3 sacred seals and I'm admittedly not the biggest user of Bladetomes. May go for a 3rd +Atk seal or +Spd seal if nothing else. Or perhaps Savage Blow or a Spur skill.

Edited by Roflolxp54

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

Well, with -6 Attack, your healer can deal even less lethal damage in even lower Strati, although Strati that low usually do not pose much of a problem for the trainee.

Strata. Strati is only possible if the initial form was stratus and it was second declension.

Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Strata. Strati is even possible if the initial form was stratus and it was second declension.

I see. My computer underlined "Stratums" in red, so I thought the plural might be an "-i" ending and I went with it when my computer did not underline it.

Seems I was right when I assumed the bonus units before. I knew IS would never let the chance of making a TT banner slide.

Horse Emblem will be my main team then, when Reinhardt caps his HM again I'll change him for the +Atk Seliph that has been sitting in my barracks since forever.

The seals are pretty meh, Drive Atk sounds cool but it's not that useful for my arena teams. It might get some use in stuff like AA and some GHB/BHB though.

7 hours ago, Hilda said:

A Team with:

Myrrh: Distant counter, Quick Riposte And iotes shield seal bonfire

or some other tanky unit that prevents doubles

and then you run sweepers with wings of mercy shenanigans.

That's already possible without a WoM seal. 

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Bonus heroes: both Reinhardts, both Olwens, Leif, Nanna, Finn, Seliph.

Nice, then my Reinhardt finally will get his +ATK base and my 4*+10 Seliph some use (and skills). 

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Seals: Seal Spd, Fortress Def, Drive Atk

Fortress Def will be handy for my One Turn clears. 

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas I may actually just merge my Fjorm at this point. I don't care about ATK/DEF Bond and Drive ATK was my primary reason for keeping her as potential fodder.

I know you probably want to go the DC- or Breath-route with your Chrom, but ATK/DEF Bond would synergize well with his refined Falchion. 

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

One unit doesn't justify a new seal. Though I won't rant anymore

It's not the best skill, but it has its niche. Seals are good to cover niches without the need of SI. I will certainly use it more than for example the "seal" seals. 

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

do have both Seliph and Reinhart at 4*, but I don't like either of them enough to invest any truly precious resources (plus all of my three Seliphs have shitty IVs). I guess I'll just be winging it with a 4* Reinhart until I get 5* Finn.

I guess 4* Reinhardt with TT boosts, a simple Blarblade and full horse buffs could deal considerable damage. 

23 minutes ago, Florete said:

Hm...Do we not have a "Judge my team/build" thread anywhere? I want opinions on my planned builds for this TT. Should I just post it here?

In the past we have used the actual TTs topic (aka here) or the Ask questions topic for these. It's TTs related, so why not? 

Well looks like my teams will be horse emblem this time, first team will be Reinhardt, B!Lyn, Xander and Camus Second team will have Olwen, Titania, Sigurd and Berkut.  I will swap in Finn for one of the lance cavs when I get him.

Given that I have a nice solid +ATK 4*+10 Reinhardt combined with the all bonus give 40% I at least don't have to worry about getting the bonus. He doesn't even have max HM yet since I mostly only use him when I hit a wall and need to Rein/Lyn/Dancer/Dancer something.

I'm levelling up Reinhardt 2, but I already have my original and still very useful Reinhardt. Not sure which one I will use. Thinking of using Nanna, too, but I'll see. Might have to bring someone more effective against the original Reinhardt.

I need to gain two further 5*s to level up Leif and Finn, since I like doing them in sets. I used all my feathers promoting a new 5* for my current set :)

Edited by Cute Chao

Just Reinhardt and the inevitable Quan for bonus units here. I own a seliph, but now that he's demoted to three star I'm holding out until I can get an optimal one to promote and that won't happen in the next two weeks. From what little we see of the rewards, it looks just like a TT Mini's list, so maybe it won't be changed up like I thought it would.

On 4/11/2018 at 1:40 AM, Nanima said:

Looking at the bonus units, and considering I don't plan to pull on the new banner, leaves me questioning what to do.

I do have both Seliph and Reinhart at 4*, but I don't like either of them enough to invest any truly precious resources (plus all of my three Seliphs have shitty IVs). I guess I'll just be winging it with a 4* Reinhart until I get 5* Finn. Been waiting for a proper Lance Cav since I didn't catch Camus when he was first released. Now I have two to choose from, and will probably be going with Finn because of the TT.

Not to be that guy but unless your Reinhardt is -Atk you should invest into him and make him a 5* until you pull a +atk one. He's honestly one of the best units in the game without spending cash money and with the new GHB and BHB hero merit farms being staminaless you easily have access to way to many feathers if you take the time to actually grind them. Not to mention Reinhardt does fairly well on auto battle if you give him a healer.

3 minutes ago, Tsak said:

Not to be that guy but unless your Reinhardt is -Atk you should invest into him and make him a 5* until you pull a +atk one. He's honestly one of the best units in the game without spending cash money and with the new GHB and BHB hero merit farms being staminaless you easily have access to way to many feathers if you take the time to actually grind them. Not to mention Reinhardt does fairly well on auto battle if you give him a healer.

He is +HP -Spd, but that doesn't matter. I don't care about him and there has yet to be situation where L'Arachel didn't adequately perform her role as a blue horse tome. To be honest I have a serious case of hype aversion towards both him and B!Lyn (only using the latter cause she was already at 5* and works perfectly fine with her base kit). Everyone going on about how I have to use him because he is just that good makes me even less likely to use him. If he wasn't a bonus unit in this Tempest or my Seliphs were actually decent, he'd probably rot in my barracks for the rest of the game's runtime. (or until I run out of Lon'qus) Call me stupid or whatever, I don't care.

Huh, I'd been going all along with the assumption that Saias was going to be a bonus unit. Good thing I noticed before promoting him. Guess I can only do Seliph, Reinhardt and Finn as my autobattle team then. It's probably for the best - if Saias was a bonus unit, he'd probably be there in place of Seliph and three blue units is asking for trouble even at level 30 hard.

That's not to say that there are many units screaming out to be promoted in his place though, so not sure what I'll do with the feathers. Could perhaps go with Lukas or Soren who I plan to merge back into a 4*+10 project for their weapons. I could give Spring Catria Blarblade+, Sophia Raudrraven+ or Frederick either Slaying Axe+ or Brave Axe+. Or I could give Xander and Camus some much deserved merges.

(It's probably about time I start a 5*+10 vanity project but no one is really standing out yet in terms of easily obtainable candidates, so it's tricky.)

Wanted to pull blue for my free summon to try to get Olwen, but no blue orbs at all. Ended up getting a 4* Roy, which isn't terrible because more TA3 fodder is always nice.

With only Drive Atk demanding Sacred Coins here, I spent my previous ones on Savage Blow. Might come in handy sometime.

I wonder how the daily quest rewards will work, especially since they're how we get Refining Stones from TTs. Previously we'd get 2 per day the first week and then 4 per day the second week when the rewards double, for a total of 42. With only 10 days, they could make it double rewards the whole time for a total of 40, which would be fine.

TT bonuses is gonna be fun with my +9 OG Rein. Got some meme builds I want to run on him that's probably a bad idea usually, but TT bonuses exist and enables them.

Something something egg something close counter. It'll be great.

Also got both Olwens and Leif so I'm pretty good on bonuses.

For the multipliers probably going to do my normal horse emblem team, except I won't need to make room for a bonus unit wince Reins on there normally.

For autobattle, not as sure. I'll need to see how Rein does--thankfully he's +DEF--and I imagine I'll run Finn eventually. Maybe Olwen and Seliph might finally get some attention. Unfortunately both have terrible IVs.

As for Finn, super excited for him and I can't wait to build him, but I'm trying to decide what's be best for him. He's in a weird place where nothing in his kit and stats really says build me this way, but he could do a number of things fairly well.

On the fortunate side, I don't necessarily need to stress getting any of the World of Thracia units now that all units are 40% units, so if I just wanna get this done, I can just throw Reinhardt at everything. This'll also give me a chance to grind out SP for normal Olwen, whenever I'm ready to try actually building her.

Unfortunately, I spent all my sacred coins on Speed +3 SS, so I won't have Drive Atk 2 SS for a little while. Also, what a coincidence, the current hardest Drive skills to get happen to now be Sacred Seals...