Tempest Trials: Thunder’s Fist!

Vaximillian

I need to think about how to build Finn, I wonder if galeforce would be good on him since I have galeforce fodder saved, I have to see what other fodder I have that he would like.  I will be maxing a lot of HM this TT so hopefully I can get some feathers to merge Camus and Xander.  I have not used horse emblem in a while so this is going to be fun.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm pretty bummed about Finn's lack of prf, when people who didn't even have prfs are getting prfs it's stupid that the guy who actually has a prf didn't. Looking at his statline I'm thinking of building him more mixed/enemy phase with a slaying lance. Got 128k feathers saved up and will promote whoever I need to for any 5* SI. 

1 hour ago, Thor Odinson said:

Yeah I'm pretty bummed about Finn's lack of prf, when people who didn't even have prfs are getting prfs it's stupid that the guy who actually has a prf didn't. Looking at his statline I'm thinking of building him more mixed/enemy phase with a slaying lance. Got 128k feathers saved up and will promote whoever I need to for any 5* SI. 

Since his statline is very similar to Camus's, I'll give him the same exact build. Speed refined Slaying Lance, Luna, Life and Death 3. Speed seal to get more doubles

Edited by silveraura25

For whatever reason, I find myself never really using Brave horses and unfortunately I doubt Finn will change that. I love my Brave fliers but when it comes to horses I tend to go enemy phase for the melee horses instead. And for that role, I'm happy enough with Camus, Oscar and Ephraim so poor Finn will probably collect dust once the TT is over. I suppose I could give him my spare Carrot Lance and Life for Honor and have him do the monthly Training Stratum quests more efficiently.

If I ever got sword Reinhardt I'd probably end up building him for enemy phase too. Meisteraxt when?

Changed my plans for the team due a surprise pull of Olgreen and because Oscar needs a ton of SP:

Oscar, Elise, Olgreen, Eldigan. 

(too bad the second letter in Oscar isn't "L" ... ).

After getting enough SP for Oscar, I'll switch him out for Finn. Once Elise maxes HM again, Reinhardt (the classic) will get his chance. Not sure about Seliph though, where is his horse? 

Edited by mampfoid

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I am tempted to simply field Reinhardt, Reinhardt or Olwen, Olwen, and Nanna for my main team.

This is silly.

Silly would be four Reindires.

5 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Since his statline is very similar to Camus's, I'll give him the same exact build. Speed refined Slaying Lance, Luna, Life and Death 3. Speed seal to get more doubles

I'm going something more defensive with fury qr close def seal

spd refine though bc spd is bulk but i have rocks to go def refine too 

8 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I need to think about how to build Finn, I wonder if galeforce would be good on him since I have galeforce fodder saved, I have to see what other fodder I have that he would like.  I will be maxing a lot of HM this TT so hopefully I can get some feathers to merge Camus and Xander.  I have not used horse emblem in a while so this is going to be fun.

It's a possibility. I was thinking Fury, SL+ def, QR, Luna to make him basically the same as my Clive, but with a little less physical bulk and getting doubled significantly less. The PP build silveraura has would be a possibility too. Finn's in a weird, and certainly intentional place, where he's not bad at anything (except tanking magic), but everything he can do can be done by someone else who's easily available more effectively. His probably closest niche is EP physical tank and even then Clive and Camus arguably have a leg up. Clive has a good bit more health and can actually sort of make the lower speed work for him by being able to proc ignis in one round potentially. Camus has built in DC if he wants or trades 2 attack for 2 health, which seems almost negligible given the same build.

8 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

Agreed hardcore. Even something as simple as a brave lance with a guard effect to simulate the decreased crit rate of +10 luck would've made me happy. It's not like that would exactly make him significantly better either, unless I'm missing something.

6 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

You ever tried Gradivus and QR for a mixed phase build? I'd goofed around with it some on the combat sims and it seemed like he still had enough bulk to survive adequately while having enough speed to double fairly decently and/or avoid doubles from fast enemies and double them back with QR, but I don't feel like burning 20,000 feathers on a Hana and I've yet to get even one Sothe.

@bottlegnomes I personally like brave users, so I will keep his brave lance.  I think I will go with galeforce, DB3, lancebreaker 3 and I will keep his c slot since he will be on a horse emblem team.  I also wish he had gotten a prf brave lance, but I will take my favorite units anyway I can get them, even if they aren't top tier.

Hmmm.

I think this is the impetus I need to dust off my Seliph, promote him, and have him wreck face.  Gotta figure out which variant I want, though.  +Def/-Spd looks tempting.

Did someone say Seliph as a TT unit?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/306190656160661504/433640166494568469/image.png

He is ready.

Along with all my other bonus units I wanna use but it's funny how Seliph gets the bonus in an FE5 trial yet not the FE4 one

2 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

@bottlegnomes I personally like brave users, so I will keep his brave lance.  I think I will go with galeforce, DB3, lancebreaker 3 and I will keep his c slot since he will be on a horse emblem team.  I also wish he had gotten a prf brave lance, but I will take my favorite units anyway I can get them, even if they aren't top tier.

Very true to the bold. Finn's 100% going to  be the next unit I train. Now just trying to decide if I want to spend the feathers on merging him or getting Saias to 5*.

For the brave lance, they are nice, but I've just found myself favoring EP units recently, or firesweep if they're PP. That is one thing I do like about Finn: sure he's not the best at any one thing, but if you give him a few builds, he'll be able to cover pretty much all your bases. That said, if he has IVs, he'd arguably be the best PP cav.

Edited by bottlegnomes

9 hours ago, Humanoid said:

If I ever got sword Reinhardt I'd probably end up building him for enemy phase too. Meisteraxt when?

I was thinking about maybe doing that with mine, but I'm not sure I'm ready to commit a hector for that.

18 hours ago, Nanima said:

He is +HP -Spd, but that doesn't matter. I don't care about him and there has yet to be situation where L'Arachel didn't adequately perform her role as a blue horse tome. To be honest I have a serious case of hype aversion towards both him and B!Lyn (only using the latter cause she was already at 5* and works perfectly fine with her base kit). Everyone going on about how I have to use him because he is just that good makes me even less likely to use him. If he wasn't a bonus unit in this Tempest or my Seliphs were actually decent, he'd probably rot in my barracks for the rest of the game's runtime. (or until I run out of Lon'qus) Call me stupid or whatever, I don't care.

I understand what you mean, I was the same way. Then i built one because i managed to get a +atk 4* and i said why the heck not?
He's so hilariously useful on all pve content, even the content where they purposely attempt to put counter for him he still wrecks them..
Xander infernal? I slapped swordbreaker on him, still worked. It's just that dumb, L'arachel is great and all (i managed to get a -atk one boo me) but Reinhardt is truly busted.
He legit will make content easier, that's the only reason i recommend it

Also everyone should be grinding the hero merit on GHB right now until they fix/nerf it
If you have like 100 unique heroes we're talking about 500k feathers you can play with. That's bananas

Also while everyone including myself is sad that Finn got no Prf Brave lance or unique skill there is always hope that he will get a refinement for it. Possibly even his own refinement that no one else will get.
Heck before people thought Roy would be useless for eternity now he's a legit threat

Edited by Tsak

42 minutes ago, Tsak said:

Also everyone should be grinding the hero merit on GHB right now until they fix/nerf it
If you have like 100 unique heroes we're talking about 500k feathers you can play with. That's bananas

It's just so tedious though. I've heard plenty of people who do it on emulators talk about recording scripts to auto it, but on phone, even if you can autobattle it, the whole remembering to tap to end the map, pick the map, skip the dialogue, and start auto is so tedious, especially given most of my characters can't auto the lunatic GHBs because autobattle is actively stupid.

42 minutes ago, Tsak said:

Also while everyone including myself is sad that Finn got no Prf Brave lance or unique skill there is always hope that he will get a refinement for it. Possibly even his own refinement that no one else will get.
Heck before people thought Roy would be useless for eternity now he's a legit threat

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say Roy's a threat. He's got a great niche, and even outside of that niche, he's fairly solid, but threat is a bit strong unless you've got a dragon team without a speed-stacked/sword breaker Nowi. In player hands he'll be handy, but I can't imagine I'll ever really have to worry about engaging him in any mode that pits me against other player teams.

But yeah, Finn getting a refine would be sweet, even if it would probably be down the road quite a way. Berkut hasn't gotten anything special and people have been clamoring for him for a lot longer. Though to be fair, what people are clamoring for him is DC which they seem hesitant to put as refines since I guess it is pretty strong in the right hands, and it, unlike most other skills, doesn't stack with itself, so if you killed a Hector for Berkut and he gets a DC lance, you're SOL.

6 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

But yeah, Finn getting a refine would be sweet, even if it would probably be down the road quite a way. Berkut hasn't gotten anything special and people have been clamoring for him for a lot longer. Though to be fair, what people are clamoring for him is DC which they seem hesitant to put as refines since I guess it is pretty strong in the right hands, and it, unlike most other skills, doesn't stack with itself, so if you killed a Hector for Berkut and he gets a DC lance, you're SOL.

Finn needs his exclusive brave lance as a new skill(weapon) he can learn and then refine.  He is just too generic right now, which is unfortunate for one of the most popular characters from the Judgral games.  For Berkut I think people want him to get Kreimhild, rather than a new refine on Berkut lance+.  This means you couldn't sack Berkut to get a DC lance, Kreimhild would be a PRF weapon just for him.  

Maybe def+5/res+5 16MT lance.  Refine gives him effect half damage from magic first attack.  Maybe that is broken, but something similar would be fitting.   

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

Finn needs his exclusive brave lance as a new skill(weapon) he can learn and then refine.  He is just too generic right now, which is unfortunate for one of the most popular characters from the Judgral games.  For Berkut I think people want him to get Kreimhild, rather than a new refine on Berkut lance+.  This means you couldn't sack Berkut to get a DC lance, Kreimhild would be a PRF weapon just for him.  

Maybe def+5/res+5 16MT lance.  Refine gives him effect half damage from magic first attack.  Maybe that is broken, but something similar would be fitting.   

Oh, yeah, I definitely don't mean an inheritable DC Berkut's Lance+, rather something like what Fir, Felicia, etc. have gotten where it's a new prf weapon for them. It's just that every time people talk about Berkut, it always seems like it's A) Give him Kreimhild B) Make it DC so he can counter mages. That neglects two things, one major, and one me nitpicking. The first is my aforementioned thing about DC. The second is that him having innate DC doesn't actually improve him, just makes his ideal or near ideal builds more accessible for most people. I've posted numbers elsewhere that I'll try to dig up when it's not so late. But a summary is his role doesn't change, and he's arguably slightly worse, but what happens is he wants DD or if they were to add it Bracing Stance for his A slot instead of DC.

I'm in the same boat as you for what Kreimhild should strive for, making him a mixed tank. I think maybe built-in bracing stance, like Roy, and 30% reduction to the first hit might be a little more inline with what they've done, though that wouldn't actually be any better than BL+, arguably worse. So maybe they'd make an exception and give him 50%? That way, people who sacked Hector for him aren't screwed out of a Hector, and his already existing niche gets improved rather than trying to force him into a role he doesn't want.

Finn at least has that he can do anything pretty well going for him. Clive and Tobin are probably still worse off. Clive has a decent niche as a physical tank, but that takes a lot of investment and he's still not exactly amazing at it, and Finn can now perform it arguably better thanks to identical def and trading less health for not getting doubled as much. But regardless, I really do wish they'd start doing something to make the TT characters stand out a little more. They don't need to be BK good, but like Joshua was a good level for them IMO. Solid, can do some things pretty well, has something unique to make them stand out even if it's nothing super special, and can have a definite niche.

Well I have all of the bonus units except for Nanna. The bonus units scream "build horse teams!" but I'm guessing that the maps in this TT will be ill suited for horses. I will probably make all mixed teams and take advantage of Tactics skills and seals.

I have a +1 Seliph from pity breakers, but his stats have always disappointed me. TT buffs will make him shine for a little while.

I've pulled well over 30 Reinhardts and not a single one has been +Atk. He still puts in work for me in AA and he will be a monster in the TT regardless.

My Quad Olwen is going to tear shit up with TT buffs.

With all units receiving buffs for the first two battles, I am really tempted to make an Arden +3 Legendary heroes team so he can have 100HP. Does anyone know what seasons it will be during this TT?

Well, I don’t know about you guys but I sure am excited that Seliph finally gets to be a bonus unit. For the first time ever I’m going to be temporarily switching my summoner support because I have a deep need to see this in game with TT and SS boosts:

image.png

For the Lunatic 7 run, stage 6 is constant in each run - it's the final map from the Genealogy of Light TT (the one with Julia as the final boss).

So far, pretty much cheesing the runs with the ReinLyn+2 dancers combo. PA Azura is great bait for the boss Reinhardt since Reinhardt can't touch her due to her Res and TA3 and because Azura can't retaliate, there would be no WoM3 shenanigans.

LOL, the game keeps recommending me the Hard 5 run.

Final map team composition:
Reinhardt: Thunder's Fist: 61/47/25/32/30; Dire Thunder, Blazing Thunder, Brazen Atk/Spd 3, Vantage 3, Goad Cavalry
Melee flier
Melee infantry
Magic cavalier
Melee cavalier

Edited by Roflolxp54

So, this TT's on. I actually didn't do all that well on the last map first try, though that's because Seigbert got doubled which I didn't account for. Still got A/A lol. Working with Seigbert, Nanna, Gronnwen and Mathilda (Finn will replace her soon enough, though maybe not with the double Hone Cav she helps provide. Gronnwen will be going for that as well though)

I'm just expecting the round where Rein destroys me, leaving me to realise I just received the Thunder's Fisting.

Gah, the stupid "try this" indicator makes the Hard 30 map appear at the top of the screen so out of habit I select the one two down and and up doing the Normal 20 arrrrrgh. How many more modes will "try this" ruin?