Tempest Trials: Thunder’s Fist!

Vaximillian

My current team (Eliwood, LA Hector, BH Lyn, and WT Reinhardt) absolutely rips through Lunatic 7... assuming I'm playing. The AI, on the other hand, sends them running into death. Which is normal for auto-battle, but I'm talking about the AI being actively suicidal. I'm actually finding these maps more difficult than last time as far as auto-battling is concerned; I could run my previous team through Lunatic 5 on auto-battle and only hit 'You Lose' on the last map about 1/15 times. Now the AI is struggling to reliably get through freaking hard mode.

I keep rearranging the team, with WT Reinhardt as the only constant. Hopefully I can find one that can actually clear the last map on Lunatic 5. :/ I'm still in the process of building Cavalry Emblem, so that's a no-go--

Oh. As I was typing this, a team of WT Reinhardt, Fjorm, Myrrh, and BH Lyn just made it through. But considering only Myrrh was left by then end, and then only at 8 HP, it was a pretty dicey win that probably happened due to sheer dumb luck. I mean, I'm running them through again as I type and they lost BH Lyn on the first map. Good lord, people, what are you even doing. What do you want from me. ...Fjorm dead on the fourth map, leaving only Myrrh and Reinhardt for the last map and-- yep, they're dead without making a dent in the other team unless you count doing some damage to Lon'qu. That's it.

>:(

Back at it...

EDIT: Okay, I should probably build up a staff user. I was just pity-broken by Genny, so I'll go with her.

Edited by Reddazrael

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Thunder's Fist is such a POWERFUL title!  Reinhardt is the most ALPHA male in Fire Emblem Heroes.

And the final map music just fits Reinhardt to a tee.

I know he’s not technically the main antagonist, but Reinhardt’s stature grew a lot for me this TT.

TT rewards sure go fast now. I got 5* Finn last night, then got Drive Atk while finishing his training this morning. Now I'm grinding HM with him, Roy, Saias, and Fae, since those three are my new 5* upgrades, making the four of them my only 5*s who don't have at least 1k HM right now.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Blessings were a mistake.

Blessings were the best mistake

image.png

Spoiler

I need to see if I can get a spd refined slaying edge or wo-dao on this kid before the tempest is over.

image.png

I’m having a wonderful time. 

This TT let me do silly things like this. Olwen did apparently manage to recruit an egg-wielding version of her brother, though.

Also Nanna dyed her hair. Rebellious phase?

(getting Olwen to use this exact critquote took too many tries)

30k points in and I have to switch Reinhardt out of my team because he maxed HM. Fortunately Olwen still pulls her weight and got support by Finn now. The latter is such a disappointing unit. I mean, he's not bad at all but feels so mediocre and I have no idea how to build him because it seems like he works either way. Maybe that's good, but also a bit boring. I thought about giving him my spare Peri's Slaying Lance because his speed is good and the Brave Lance set feels like a waste. Decisions, decisions.

Meanwhile I got Saias to 5* and only then realised he's not even a bonus unit, haha. Whatever. He's running all 4 ploys now and I will use him a lot down the line because all my other natural ploy units (unless Arvis) are -RES.

Haven't levelled my Finn yet either, probably should after I do my two Lunatic runs today. I have some spare weapons I could give him from a spare neutral Catria, -atk Roderick, or Spring Xander but not sure which way to go. Without access to a +spd nature maybe Firesweep isn't so good? Carrot Lance comes with the bonus of Live for Honor and Finn would make a far more effective badge farmer than Xander. I do sort of want an excuse to promote better natured copies of Catria (atk/hp) and Roderick (spd/res) though.

27 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Haven't levelled my Finn yet either, probably should after I do my two Lunatic runs today. I have some spare weapons I could give him from a spare neutral Catria, -atk Roderick, or Spring Xander but not sure which way to go. Without access to a +spd nature maybe Firesweep isn't so good? Carrot Lance comes with the bonus of Live for Honor and Finn would make a far more effective badge farmer than Xander. I do sort of want an excuse to promote better natured copies of Catria (atk/hp) and Roderick (spd/res) though.

With Firesweep he can reach 41 spd on his own. Killer requires refinement. I'm not familiar with carrot builds so I can't give an opinion on that. To be honest, his base kit is servicable. Just slap on Bonfire/Ignis and a b-skill

Edited by silveraura25

Just now, silveraura25 said:

With Firesweep he can reach 41 spd on his own. Killer requires refinement. I'm not familiar with carrot builds so I can't give an opinion on that. To be honest, his base kit is incredibly decent. Just slap on Bonfire/Ignis and a b-skill

No doubt it can work, just not sure I have any reason to build him instead of a Firesweep Oscar, Peri, Abel or just Roderick himself (all of which I can build as 4*+10 as well). As an enemy phase unit I'd probably just have him second only to Camus, and being to Camus what Eldigan is to Xander is a pretty useful role. Should do a better job than Clive and Spring Xander at least (and I never promoted Berkut).

Yeah just got Finn and I'm in the same boat of indecision on what to do.

I already have a +Atk Abel as my cavalry Brave Lance, but I guess Finn has 1 more Spd. I'll still probably keep the Brave Lance for now since I'm saving resources, so I just need to think of a B skill and special.

Finns set is fine enough for TTs, afterwards I won't use him much I think. I even leave Miracle to bait mages (there are at least two on the last map). Positioning Assists are not often necessary, I currently have only Swap on Eldigan, since Olwen kills and counterkills nearly everything. 

Agreeing that Finn's base kit isn't terrible. Been running him with LB3 and QR seal and it's been fun. Between boosts and miracle, he's impressively durable and can fare pretty well. I'm probably going to give him the same build as Clive, fury, QR, +Def slaying lance, but also been considering DB3 since he comes with a brave lance. Probably won't do firesweep since 38 without seals is a shakey IMO, and his primary use will probably be AA so I can't ever guarantee he'll have cav buddies or a speed seal. Might run a PP SL build once I get some L&D fodder. All in all, he's pretty handy as is and will probably be useful for AA. Still wish he'd gotten a guard lance though :(

1 minute ago, tobuShogi said:

The amount of times that I've gotten L'arachel on the final map is making me think that it's rigged. 

My current count of mage cavs on the final map:

Eirika: 22
Cecilia: 17
Leo: 15
L’Arachel: 9
Olwen: 8

So yeah, random gonna random.

I'm surprised Finn's been so sturdy. I swapped out my Rein for him as my bonus unit. I'm thinking of foddering my 4* one for Atk/Def +2 to Xander or something but I'm not sure if it's worth it over Fury.

It sure feels like there's a lot of mages in this TT, not even counting the final map. This is one of the few where my armor team + bonus aren't doing so well at auto clearing lunatic 5. I'm having to manually finish the last map most of the time since they usually arrive at it pretty busted up.

I have a slaying lance (spd) finn (fury, qr3, cd seal, bonfire, for mixed phase) built but i've been running him with casablanca for the aesthetics. It looks really nice on him. Such a pretty lance. Shame there's only 1 extra copy if you want to keep 1 of VEliwood around, but since Finn is my favorite lance-using character in the series there's no better person than him I can give that to. Glad I saved up 138k feathers for his SI because by the end of it I had about 55k left.

Finn + Olwen * 2 + Priscilla is probably my most reliable Auto L5 clear team other than that one time Ryoma was bonus.

Also, Egg (Def Refine) CC Rein is hilarious to use. I use him for my L7 manual clears since he has a shitton of HM but man those TT bonuses really enable some silly builds on him. Egg even gives him some extra regen on the side. It's pretty nice.

Edited by Thor Odinson

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

That attack range (and this is at the start of turn 1):

But she is in range of (nearly) all of your units too. Eirikav usually gets counter-killed by my Olgreen with DD3 seal.

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

But she is in range of (nearly) all of your units too. Eirikav usually gets counter-killed by my Olgreen with DD3 seal.

It's more for dramatic effect; "you can run but you can't hide" type of situation the player is presented with. And yeah, either Brave Lyn or The Reinhardt can destroy her easily.

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

It's more for dramatic effect; "you can run but you can't hide" type of situation the player is presented with. And yeah, either Brave Lyn or The Reinhardt can destroy her easily.

Or like: "Where is my danger area? ... Oh it's everywhere.". 

7 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I do it with L’Arachel, the beautiful princess of peerless beauty.

Someone talk me out of slapping Berkut's Lance and QR on Finn.  Three of his stats are amazing, and I'd love to patch up that Res of his!

If I use him, I'll reshuffle my TT team so it's Olivia, Merric, Finn, and Azama.  I'm still super-screwed when it comes to a map full of mages, but at least I don't have to deal with regular Tyrfing Seliph!

Well I reached 50k last night since I had a bunch of RL stuff come up it took me longer then normal.  I built Finn with pivot, galeforce, his brave lance, death blow 3, lance breaker 3 and his goad cav, I have him on my second horse team with B!Roy, Frederick and Ursula.  Watching two galeforce horses rip through enemies is a thing to behold.