Tempest Trials: Thunder’s Fist!

Vaximillian

I find there's not much point to trying to patch up res unless running a dc build or something and atiki is the only real melee res-hitting thing he should really worry about and she's not fast enough to hit twice so one hit isn't gonna kill him.

That being said there's always just giving Finn all the lances because Finn deserves the best. Mine has his native Brave, Slaying Lance, Slaying Spear, and Casa Blanca so far. It will expand.

Edited by Thor Odinson

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just broke the 100k mark. 100,027 is good for rank #1295

The changes to TT have definitely made it more difficult to get into the top 1000. At this rate, 200k won't be enough to make it, and 20k per day has always been more than enough in past TTs. I'm going to keep pushing tonight to see how far ahead the top 1000 actually is. I should be able to close out today with over 120k.

18 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Just broke the 100k mark. 100,027 is good for rank #1295

The changes to TT have definitely made it more difficult to get into the top 1000. At this rate, 200k won't be enough to make it, and 20k per day has always been more than enough in past TTs. I'm going to keep pushing tonight to see how far ahead the top 1000 actually is. I should be able to close out today with over 120k.

I'm rank 443 with 122K right now, so 120K should be more than enough to comfortably break into the top 1000. 

7 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

I know he's not the best, but Finn is fast becoming one of favorite, if not my favorite (sorry, BK), TT reward units.

@eclipse I've seen a lot of people doing it, so there must be something too it.

He is the best Lance Cavalier not named Camus and Ephraim. At least fresh out of the box and unmerged. No other Lance Cavs except Camus have atk, spd, AND Def. 

1 hour ago, DLNarshen said:

I'm rank 443 with 122K right now, so 120K should be more than enough to comfortably break into the top 1000. 

Thanks for the reference.

Just broke the top 1000,  a score of 107,947 is rank #995. 

I would say you have a pretty good cushion.

16 hours ago, eclipse said:

Someone talk me out of slapping Berkut's Lance and QR on Finn.

Even with Berkut's Lance+ [Res], Finn has less Res than Peri.

In order to actually make Berkut's Lance useful, you also need Distant Counter.

Berkut's Lance just looked at you funny.

1 hour ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

He is the best Lance Cavalier not named Camus and Ephraim. At least fresh out of the box and unmerged. No other Lance Cavs except Camus have atk, spd, AND Def. 

Oscar could give him a run for his money. Access to non-neutral natures means Oscar has his choice of better Atk or Spd than Finn. Access to more merges means he makes up for the 3-point stat deficit in only 2 merges.

Peri can actually Ploy things, giving her similar offenses, but better support options.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

I meant in the grand scheme of things not just limited to lance cavs.

Anyway, he's definitely solid, and I'd say about middle of the road for TT units--who upon looking at them again, are surprisingly decent overall--but best non-Camus/Eph lance cav is a bold statement. Heck, saying Camus is the definite second best is a bold statement and he's got a DC weapon which is like the single most wanted thing for a lot of units. If we're talking neutral IVs and no SI, then I can see a case, but those are both pretty unrealistic limiting factors. If we drop those and look at more possibilities, then he drops fast. For reference, +Def/-Res Oscar is virtually identical to Finn. If he was summonable, he'd absolutely have a case for being the best non-Eph lance unit (same with Camus), but at this stage in the game's life both merge potential and IVs are a very real part of determining a unit's worth, which unfortunately Finn doesn't have either of. That said, I'm still going to use him and invest a ton in him because Finn is <3.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Oh cool, the daily quest rewards got doubled, so 5 and 5 days for the quests. Was worried it'd just be the baseline reward for all 10 days, like how TT mini worked.

(To compensate, they made Tap Battle quests more annoying, had to do the first 5 stages instead of the first 4 to get the all the quests done)

With my score of 71,273 I'm currently ranked #7,085. I won't reach top 5k this time, because I'll be busy for the next 4 days. Would be interesting what score is necessary for top 5k in this new format (especially with the lower stamina cost). 

I'm not very enthusiastic for my pity-breaker Nanna. She needs to heal Xander at least 3 times to bring him to full health (if he got beaten around a lot). She is on my team since 2 days now and she still didn't get enough SP to learn all her skills. 

/Edit: @Zeo It seems some Archers are good users of Close Counter as well: 

Edited by mampfoid

@mampfoid In all fairness he did have the TT buffs going. It's still impressive though.

Archers are probably the rarest units to see CC on, but they're deceptively good with it depending on the archer. I wouldn't pick Jeorge himself for the job (though he and Rebecca are my neck and neck choices for a (*5 +10 Archer) but it's neat to see on him all the same. *5 exclusives and limited units aside, Leon is the most common CC archer and I think he and Gordin have the best spread for CC. They can't take magic hits but can tank physical attacks quite well.

I've slacked off this whole TT. I got all the rewards but I'll be lucky just to get the 4000 ranking feathers at the rate I'm going.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid In all fairness he did have the TT buffs going. It's still impressive though.

Archers are probably the rarest units to see CC on, but they're deceptively good with it depending on the archer. I wouldn't pick Jeorge himself for the job (though he and Rebecca are my neck and neck choices for a (*5 +10 Archer) but it's neat to see on him all the same. *5 exclusives and limited units aside, Leon is the most common CC archer and I think he and Gordin have the best spread for CC. They can't take magic hits but can tank physical attacks quite well.

I've slacked off this whole TT. I got all the rewards but I'll be lucky just to get the 4000 ranking feathers at the rate I'm going.

Uh, I'm still not used to this "boost for everyone" thing. Then he was practically 5*+25 Jeorge. 

I'm also considering Leon and Jeorge for some merges. Leon is better fodder and Jeorge has got a prf. 

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Uh, I'm still not used to this "boost for everyone" thing. Then he was practically 5*+25 Jeorge. 

I'm also considering Leon and Jeorge for some merges. Leon is better fodder and Jeorge has got a prf. 

Between them, I'd say Jeorge is the better choice unless you want a CC archer or a supermerge Brave Bow+ archer.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Between them, I'd say Jeorge is the better choice unless you want a CC archer or a supermerge Brave Bow+ archer.

I'm not in a hurry. There many others to get merges and promotions first. Perhaps Leon will get a prf until then and it also depends how many copies I will own of both them then. 

All TT rewards gotten... though it kinda feels like a hollow victory now that Tempest Trials are but a shell of the challenge they once were...

Remember the first one? Veronica was a pain to take on, and she's the reason my Cain used to be built so weirdly.

6 hours ago, Xenomata said:

All TT rewards gotten... though it kinda feels like a hollow victory now that Tempest Trials are but a shell of the challenge they once were...

Remember the first one? Veronica was a pain to take on, and she's the reason my Cain used to be built so weirdly.

Veronica was not too bad if you used a Player Phase team. I ran BB!Cordelia and two Dancers/Singers along with Lucina for the occasional healing, bonus points, and battling Veronica.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Veronica was not too bad if you used a Player Phase team. I ran BB!Cordelia and two Dancers/Singers along with Lucina for the occasional healing, bonus points, and battling Veronica.

I do remember that first TT was pretty tough. I think most of my player phase units at the time, even Bride Cordelia, couldn't kill her without desperation up or solid buffs. I only really stood a good chance thanks to Tharja being a bonus unit, so she was my trump card for killing Veronica every time as long as she was still alive.

Luckily TT rewards are still so good I don't really mind they've gotten easier and become an auto-fest for me. I can still test my characters with GHBs, CCs and other content.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

To be fair this was back when I had not as many 5* units, had little understanding of what the "best" for my units was (Cain had TA3. With a Brave Sword+ and total 40 Attack), and had none of the "good" units that others ran. In fact at the time the only "rare" unit I had was Hector, maybe Ninian if I'm remembering when I pulled her off-focus...

I could have probably ran Bridelia if I had built her earlier, but I think my Bridelia was built sometime in August or July, after the TT ended...

Edited by Xenomata

8 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Heh, I slapped G Tomebreaker on Sanaki and usually laughed my way to the end.

However, I did not have enough faith in my team, so I always chose a team that didn't include a strong unit for taking her down and had Sanaki on a second (or later) team, since I didn't expect to make it all the way to the end. I still got all the rewards, though :)

Edited by Cute Chao

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

@Rezzy I figured that I should probably share this particular final map lineup I got with you.

Hide contents

nHbO2vs.png?1

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

The game only needs Nolan, and the family will be complete.

Nice to see the family getting some quality time.

Holy crap, I'm on pace to finish with 220k and the past couple days everyone below me is catching up. I was rank 400 a few days ago. Currently with 188,xxx and my rank went up to 980. I have to finish today with 200k but still, 220k at the end doesn't look like it will be enough. I'm gonna have to put in a little bit of extra effort.

2 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Holy crap, I'm on pace to finish with 220k and the past couple days everyone below me is catching up. I was rank 400 a few days ago. Currently with 188,xxx and my rank went up to 980. I have to finish today with 200k but still, 220k at the end doesn't look like it will be enough. I'm gonna have to put in a little bit of extra effort.

Yeah, the amount of effort it takes to get more than the 10-50,000 range in this is exhausting. I mean I'm at 135,000 and I'm around 3,000. I'm not sure the extra 2-4,000 feathers are worth that much effort. Part of me wishes they'd switch it to where one score was counted as one spot rather than the number of players with that score.

21 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Yeah, the amount of effort it takes to get more than the 10-50,000 range in this is exhausting. I mean I'm at 135,000 and I'm around 3,000. I'm not sure the extra 2-4,000 feathers are worth that much effort. Part of me wishes they'd switch it to where one score was counted as one spot rather than the number of players with that score.

I got to 200,500 and was about rank 600.

At least there is the added benefit of getting a lot of SP and HM for your characters. Even if you don't care about using bonus units and getting a high score, it is the most efficient way to level up a lot of characters with the double EXP and SP event going on right now.