Bound Hero Battle: The Divine (Tiki & Nowi)

SatsumaFSoysoy

Some replies are late again, sorry for that. 

On 7.11.2018 at 9:02 PM, Nanima said:

Since I skipped out on all those LHB clears this go around. I thought I should do a tleast something small to get back into things. Since I already did a (mostly) Taku clear, I thought I would just make a Princess clear this go around for variety: 

I also skipped the themed LHB clear this time (except for Olivers L!Lyn clear). 

Very nice to see your best princesses, OG Sakura with her Bond skill got a surprisingly hard punch. 

Congrats! 

On 8.11.2018 at 3:44 AM, kirauza343 said:

I didn't realize I hadn't posted a clear for my regular team for this one so here they are (or as I like to call this clear, "What Weapon Triangle?")

No big deal for your girls.

Looking forward to see more merges on your Marisa! Nowi looked quite shocked after eating that Ignis. 

Except for Tiki, all enemies were killed against WTA, nice. 

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

Morgan clear was quick.

Poor green dragon, seems like everyone has to initiate attacking him (or her?). 

Leaving Morgan in range of two blue units was bold, but he took everything like a champ. Also Amelia took some heavy hits, the rest was cleanup. 

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

Since this was an Awakening BHB, I thought it was a good chance to break out Chrom.

Hey, that's a beautiful team! Basically my FE13 core, even if I used Cherche a little less there. 

Cordelia tanking the green dragon to proc Galeforce against Tiki was a good idea.  

Deflect magic usage on Cherche is surprising too, I've not even forged that seal. 

Nice clears, congrats! 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Landmaster Using L!Marth on maps like this almost feels like cheating. I say that, but that actually looked more troublesome than it should have been. Then again, you were one unit away from using a mono-color team, so it makes sense somewhat. Still it's a treat to see Morgan and I'm jealous as even after Sylvia dropped to *4 I still haven't pulled a single one. Not really a fan of Elise but that clear was fun as well.

Reveal hidden contents

I forgot how easy this map was. I've kind of been looking at it in a new light though. Abyssal really changes the dynamic of maps like this and this one in particular could get ugly real fast just with refines alone. Still, we haven't crossed that bridge just yet, and meanwhile back at the ranch this BHB is still cake. I wasn't even going to revisit it but it was so easy I went ahead and rounded out the clears.

Morgan clear was quick. I lost on the first attempt before I realized I still had Darting Blow on Morgan and he lacked a few points of RES easily fixable with RES Tactic. So I slapped CC back on him and threw the Tactic seal on Priscilla, was done in five minutes, literally. It took longer picking the song honestly. But I thought the choice was fitting.

Since this was an Awakening BHB, I thought it was a good chance to break out Chrom. It was a bit tricky getting things to work at first and it took some unit swapping to get the right combination down after cementing Chrom and Robin (who desperately needs a refine) on the team, but it was still pretty quick and I got to bust out Cherche and Cordelia for a full themed special clear. Only thing was getting Nowi to attack instead of rallying another unit which turned out to be simple unit positioning. Still only took around 15 minutes to do. Killing the last enemy was a little tricky at first. Turns out Chrom could have just stacked a couple more points of ATK and dealt with it himself, but it was nice to see the team work together to overcome the last enemy. Bonds and all that.

Aaand we're done here.

Will not deny the cheeky use of Marth. I pretty much did it just to make sure I got the Orbs since Loli team was losing (before I realized about the B Tomebreaker). Hoping you can snag a Silvia, she is indeed helpful on magical maps~

As for your clears, I loved your Morgan clear, he had a couple close calls there but liked seeing him abusing those Res Tactics and Amelia was really good here, too~

@kirauza343 Thanks! Yeah, I am quite hppy to see the many ways I can make use of Sakura now that her merges have gone up.

Awesome clear by the way! It's really impressive how you could just ignore the weapon triangle for the most part. Makes it that much more satisfying.

@Zeo Oh definitely, I was very impressed myself when I saw she could just take out Tiki like that. I am happy that I got one of my faves this far. And I am sure you will get Serra to that level, considering she has very high atk (at least as far as I recall).

I hadn't watched the Matthew clear before, and I gotta say it was just as good as I expected. Mattew holding his ground like usual, while everyone else cleans up to the sides. Also the music is great (from Final Fantasy XIII-2 right?).

Morgan clear looked very clean and efficient despite some closer calls. Amelia ran around crushing things like usual as well. It's always good when a clear only requires one skill swap to work out.

The Awakening clear was exciting. Chrom taking out Nowi, even with Falchion was very impressive. Also Cherche tanking the mage was a risky but very rewarding strategy.

@mampfoid Thanks! Yeah, I wasn't too sure about Bond Skills at first, but they are pretty much ideal for a healer like her. Can't wait to stack that with Atk/Def soon.

@Zeo @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria @Landmaster @daisy jane @eclipse @NegativeExponents- @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @Nanima

Welp super late on this one but here's some themed clears.

Firstly is a Grima/Grimleal clear. I wanted to do this against Aversa but I just couldn't solve it with this team, so have some Fell dragons picking on and desecrating the Divine Dragon grounds.

Team is +Spd/-HP Male Grima, +Atk/-Res Legendary Female Grima, +Hp/-Def Male Morgan and neutral Aversa.

Music is Annihilation (Galvanised) from Fire Emblem Awakening.

Feels kind of weird using the the Grimleal enemy phase team as a player but it fits. Also Morgan is there because he has Grima's Truth which Validar usually has and he is a boss in one of the Future Past maps. So similarly to Zeo's clears, Morgans tome is great at team support.

-------

Next is an Awakening chil-...err...some mysterious masked heroes from the Future!

Team is +HP/-Def Owain, +HP/-Res Brave Lucina, +HP/-Res Performing Inigo and neutral Gerome.

Music is Conquest (Ablaze) from Fire Emblem Warriors soundtrack.

So a fun theme where they have masks that fit their costumes (and Gerome who already has one just transforms to Batman). Also decided to handicap myself by using a non-Falchion/bow Lucina, since Lancina doesn't see that much use generally. Also funny how both Brave Lucina and her cousin Owain have damage arts that show their upper legs lol

But yeah Owain is a star. The ending was unexpected since originally I was gonna do what I originally did in my first clear- have Gerome hit Nowi first, be danced, then obliterate the dragon with a Bonfire. Alternatively, Gerome hitting once, then Inigo finishing Nowi off with his tome would mirror how he initiated the map by attacking Nowi. But I just had to go with this ending since Owain shows the power of Blue Flame and bonds to go against WTD!

-----

Thirdly, another clear with a favourite- it's an Awakening first gen clear!

Team is +Atk/-Res Lon'qu, +Atk/-HP Maribelle, +Atk/-Res Frederick and +Spd/-Res Olivia 4*+10.

Music is Inheritance from the King of Fighters XIV soundtrack.

Similarly to the Owain clear this is a showcase of Lon'qu's potential. Double Life and Death is a risky drug. My first clear was different though and mostly had both Lon'qu and Olivia tank most of the map on the right side (and Lon'qu somehow finished that darned swordbreaker blue mage) but I just couldn't remember how I did it, so Maribelle had to do a bit more this time to delete the swordbreaker mage.

-----

Lastly, this is mostly for the theme, but have a Divine Dragons clear!

Team is +Atk/-Spd Legendary Tiki, +Res/-HP Halloween Myrrh, +Res/-Def Fae and +Atk/-Spd Adult Tiki

Music is Senritsu no Dora from the King of Fighters 1995 soundtrack.

Dragon fight! Also I don't have regular young Tiki or Myrrh but I guess this works out for colour coverage. I tried not to rely too much on the armour dragons, but I had to quickly delete some annoying threats. Myrrh can actually survive the blue mage as well but she couldn't do as much damage back fast enough.

-------

@Zeo Nice finishing clear for the Chrom video, with exact damage in the end! Also I like the use of unconventional skills like Poison Strike! Soeaking of Morgan, my Morgan still has Darting Blow for that archer in the Aversa clear, but I don't really have a better A skill for him right now anyway. Kind of funny how Close Counter just instantly solves your problem once again. Morgan taking on the blue units was something, and was the perfect anchor for warping Amelia. Nice to see how you took the enemies head on in the middle of the map since the Guidance flier can be annoying.

@Nanima Always impressed with your Sakura! I find Wrazzle Dazzle healers are great against dragons in general. I'm so used to seeing the Dazzling refine on my Sakura that it's refreshing to see Sakura do so much damage.

@mcsilas Thanks, yeah they are a real lifesaver when it comes to anything with Distant Counter. Having Sakura as the mvp is something I am very proud of. Only 60.000 feathers to go. >>

As for your clears, the Grima/Grimleal one was definitely my favourite. Just showing them obliterating the map was very impressive and I do like how menacing both Grimas sound together. The Awakening first gen also had a great moment of Lon'qu tanking Nowi. And the dragon clear just really makes me want L!Tiki. *sigh*

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria @Landmaster @daisy jane @eclipse @NegativeExponents- @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @Nanima

Firstly is a Grima/Grimleal clear. I wanted to do this against Aversa but I just couldn't solve it with this team, so have some Fell dragons picking on and desecrating the Divine Dragon grounds.

Team is +Spd/-HP Male Grima, +Atk/-Res Legendary Female Grima, +Hp/-Def Male Morgan and neutral Aversa.

Feels kind of weird using the the Grimleal enemy phase team as a player but it fits. Also Morgan is there because he has Grima's Truth which Validar usually has and he is a boss in one of the Future Past maps. So similarly to Zeo's clears, Morgans tome is great at team support.

-------

Next is an Awakening chil-...err...some mysterious masked heroes from the Future!

Team is +HP/-Def Owain, +HP/-Res Brave Lucina, +HP/-Res Performing Inigo and neutral Gerome.

So a fun theme where they have masks that fit their costumes (and Gerome who already has one just transforms to Batman). Also decided to handicap myself by using a non-Falchion/bow Lucina, since Lancina doesn't see that much use generally. Also funny how both Brave Lucina and her cousin Owain have damage arts that show their upper legs lol

But yeah Owain is a star. The ending was unexpected since originally I was gonna do what I originally did in my first clear- have Gerome hit Nowi first, be danced, then obliterate the dragon with a Bonfire. Alternatively, Gerome hitting once, then Inigo finishing Nowi off with his tome would mirror how he initiated the map by attacking Nowi. But I just had to go with this ending since Owain shows the power of Blue Flame and bonds to go against WTD!

-----

Team is +Atk/-Res Lon'qu, +Atk/-HP Maribelle, +Atk/-Res Frederick and +Spd/-Res Olivia 4*+10.

Similarly to the Owain clear this is a showcase of Lon'qu's potential. Double Life and Death is a risky drug. My first clear was different though and mostly had both Lon'qu and Olivia tank most of the map on the right side (and Lon'qu somehow finished that darned swordbreaker blue mage) but I just couldn't remember how I did it, so Maribelle had to do a bit more this time to delete the swordbreaker mage.

-----

Team is +Atk/-Spd Legendary Tiki, +Res/-HP Halloween Myrrh, +Res/-Def Fae and +Atk/-Spd Adult Tiki

Dragon fight! Also I don't have regular young Tiki or Myrrh but I guess this works out for colour coverage. I tried not to rely too much on the armour dragons, but I had to quickly delete some annoying threats. Myrrh can actually survive the blue mage as well but she couldn't do as much damage back fast enough.

-------

@Zeo Nice finishing clear for the Chrom video, with exact damage in the end! Also I like the use of unconventional skills like Poison Strike! Soeaking of Morgan, my Morgan still has Darting Blow for that archer in the Aversa clear, but I don't really have a better A skill for him right now anyway. Kind of funny how Close Counter just instantly solves your problem once again. Morgan taking on the blue units was something, and was the perfect anchor for warping Amelia. Nice to see how you took the enemies head on in the middle of the map since the Guidance flier can be annoying.

@Nanima Always impressed with your Sakura! I find Wrazzle Dazzle healers are great against dragons in general. I'm so used to seeing the Dazzling refine on my Sakura that it's refreshing to see Sakura do so much damage.

these are so awesome! LOL, Owain's intro is hilarious. i think i'd spend most time just clicking his lines over and over. 

10 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Spoiler

-------

-----

-----

-------

These were all really fun to watch. I think my favorite is the Awakening Kids clear (Dragon Emblem is a close second) Owain put in too much work with that Blue Flame. The squad set him up for so many kills~

@Nanima Aw, it's so lovely to see the princesses again! OG!Sakura is pretty awesome with atk/spd bond. She managed to get so many enemies :'D Sakunyan's on the team still! ~ She managed to get the mage at least, did she do 

On a side note: love the music! It rings back so many memories of all the hours I poured into ToS back in the day ~ <3

@Zeo Thanks for resharing your Matthew clear for this! Haven't seen it before and Matthew managed hold that spot so well, and ever managed to take down Nowi! It's so satisfying seeing his Rogue dagger buff and debuff everything  x'D

Aww, firstly Priscilla on your Morgan clear! So glad to see her on a team! She was my first healer who I used for the longest time. Amelia did such a great job here. So tanky x) 

Ahh and yay theme team! The highlight for me on your awakening clear was  Cordelia. Those two exact damage on Tiki and the and the green axe flier were super satisfying x'D And getting Cherche to tank magic >-< It's great that she managed with Deflect magic :''D

@mcsilas Look at me doing what everyone else does and going through multiple clears! You really went above and beyond for this one.

The music on the first clear was terrifying. Grima is a horrifying unit to fight against and it showed here. When you placed him in front of Nowi but Tiki was in range I double took but then when she engaged him I went "Oh... oh...". Morgan's a beast even without CC though, he definitely pulled his weight here. But speaking of pulling weight, Aversa was literally just there to ferry around the tank that is M!Grima, but it was a job she did well. Quite the change of pace from what I'm used to seeing when it comes to themed clears. Pretty nuts.

Owain is a champion. I would have watched the video for his voice quotes alone. After all of the positioning requirements were met he just completely obliterated everyone. You arranging everyone into the "TOGETHER!" formation for him to score the final kill really brought things full circle and it took me back to how I finished my own clear, albeit in a much more epic way.

Double LnD3 with no Desperation on Lon'Qu terrified me before it registered that Maribelle was a healer. Still the biggest cringe was you parking him in front of Nowi with that 9 RES of his. Bold, bold strategy I'm not sure I would have even considered. You know I've got a Lon'Qu built as well so it's always awesome watching him work, though I enjoy seeing him activate specials. Something I don't often get to see myself. Lastly it's funny how your team here almost mirrors mine from the Aversa clear.

You were one unit away from this last clear being straight kindergarten. But I guess the kiddie dragons need a chaperone, right? All jokes aside, this was more a showcase of pure power more than anything. Some of these dragons stand as some of the most powerful units in the entire game and it shows. Just utter nonsense and obliteration. I don't really get jealous of other people's units anymore, I'm content with what I have. But watching them in action right now, does make me a little green. The music was perfect, nostalgia overload listening to the Psycho Soldier theme that I used to always hear when I would play KOF98 (Dream Match 99 for me) on Dreamcast as a kid. Crazy stuff.

2nd clear was by far my favorite. 

@ruruo Thanks! Yeah, I love doing clears with them. Sakura is growing ever stronger and taking out more and more enemies. I'm sure she could have soloed the map if I pressed for it. And yes, Sakunyan is a mainstay. The team was supposed to center around Sakura and her alts, but since she only has one right now the other spots get filled in by their sisters. We'll see if that changes at some point.

And glad to hear it. Symphonia is definitely very dear to my heart as well. One of my favourite JRPGs of all time.

On 10.11.2018 at 10:04 AM, mcsilas said:

Fitting, because I'm super late too, sorry for that. I'm struggling to reply properly in the weekend these days. 

Too bad this team didn't work on Aversa's map, I remember you wanted to give those two a special encounter. 

You brought definitely the bigger dragons to the match and they didn't have much trouble taking out bosses Nowi & Tiki. 

Nice to see Gerome and BH!Lucina, but Owain is hard to beat in sense of coolness. He procs cool wave nearly every round of combat.

I hope he'll get a good legendary banner with great other red units, so I'd get another chance to pull for him. 

Hey, your Maribelle looks like my Elise. Lon'qu taking out Nowi was the first surprise, but he nearly got all kills here. Perhaps I should promote mine after all. 

Poor Frederick though.

Old dragons & new dragons against old dragons. Fae got the final boss kill to prove she is not yet outfluffed outdated. 

Overall fitting themes and nice clears. Awakening is one of the few FE games I actually played and it's cool seeing those girls & guys assembled. You have a hand for this kind of stuff and it's obvious you put again a lot of effort into them. Little bummed I couldn't check the music again while watching the clears. 

Sorry again it took me so long to respond, I actually enjoy watching your stuff. 

@mcsilas Awesome stuff! It's hard for me to choose between the Awakening kids and the Lon'qu clears for my favorite. Both are so awesome (Owain doing so much destruction and Lon'qu surviving stuff despite his single digit Def) which super cool! The Grima clear is also very nice with M!Morgan putting some work and the Divine clear showing why dragons are still super OP and why L!Marth really needed his Binding Shield.

On 11/13/2018 at 2:17 AM, mampfoid said:

Hey, your Maribelle looks like my Elise. Lon'qu taking out Nowi was the first surprise, but he nearly got all kills here. Perhaps I should promote mine after all. 

Poor Frederick though.

Old dragons & new dragons against old dragons. Fae got the final boss kill to prove she is not yet outfluffed outdated. 

Overall fitting themes and nice clears. Awakening is one of the few FE games I actually played and it's cool seeing those girls & guys assembled. You have a hand for this kind of stuff and it's obvious you put again a lot of effort into them. Little bummed I couldn't check the music again while watching the clears. 

Sorry again it took me so long to respond, I actually enjoy watching your stuff. 

Frederick was pretty useful though with his WoM! Oh and Maribelle needed the speed support from Hone Cav.

Nothing can be fluffier than Fae. Well maybe Feh but Feh's not a dragon...or maybe..?

Well this is a super late reply to a late reply as well haha, but thanks, really appreciate it. I felt bad I almost wasted a day doing these clears when I had other things I could've done but at least reading comments like these help :)

@Zeo It was pretty...err...addicting (?) to use an evil team theme since I get to use ominous music heh. I still haven't made a decision on Aversa's skills but at least she's doing more in other clears (Julius GHB for example but that failed to record). Once I finally decide on her B skill (and get more Reposition fodder) then she'll probably do more than guide Grima around. Her tome's not the best for the inflated HP pools though for these clears.

As for Lon'qu, part of it was just wanting to use Vantage she that's THE skill that I associate with Lon'qu (both here and in Awakening), so I just wanted to show off that he can kill Nowi with it- although healing is needed afterwards. Also partly because Shannas are rare these days so I'm being super picky about that B skill these days (same with Reposition).

As for the dragon clear, I just noticed how a lot of the Divine Dragons are in heroes. Adult Tiki is the best Divine Dragon, her graceful presence >>> kindergarten dragons :P That said I needed an excuse to use that Psycho Soldier theme so the kindergarten dragons at least fit the music.

Yeah it felt a bit cheap using the loli dragons but I just couldn't resist the theme with the place the map is based on, so it just had to be done.

@Alexmender Thanks! I kind wish I had a L!Marth though since yeah, armoured dragons especially can be OP with Fighter skills

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Frederick was pretty useful though with his WoM! Oh and Maribelle needed the speed support from Hone Cav.

But ... he didn't use WoM at all? He buffed Maribelle and repositioned her once. 

Nothing can be fluffier than Fae. Well maybe Feh but Feh's not a dragon...or maybe..?

Feh doesn't count, she is the end-boss of fluffiness. 

Well this is a super late reply to a late reply as well haha, but thanks, really appreciate it. I felt bad I almost wasted a day doing these clears when I had other things I could've done but at least reading comments like these help :)

Sorry if I keep commenting your and @Zeos clears late, but often they come together as a big package of 4-6 clears. It takes time, but I also want to enjoy watching them. 

@mampfoid He used it to bypass the trench and Reposition Maribelle back. Normally I don't think he can reach that trench? Unless that bright WoM tile jut made me remember it wrong and he can reach it anyways

Either way, no worries about late replies- I'm even super late on this reply. And yeah sometimes it's just good to wait for videos to pile up and comment in one go when we are busy heh

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid He used it to bypass the trench and Reposition Maribelle back. Normally I don't think he can reach that trench? Unless that bright WoM tile jut made me remember it wrong and he can reach it anyways

You are absolutely right of course! Didn't consider that trench. 

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Either way, no worries about late replies- I'm even super late on this reply. And yeah sometimes it's just good to wait for videos to pile up and comment in one go when we are busy heh

If they pile up too much, you can plan a whole evening for replies. 

• 1 year later...
On 2/19/2020 at 9:47 PM, Landmaster said:

S!Elise had a bit of fun on this one

I was initially confused, since I’m pretty sure she has fun on just about all of the Elise clears...but yeah, she took much more of the workload on this one. I guess it couldn’t be helped, what with those trees.