Top 5 things that NEED to be in Fire Emblem Switch

ViceTOLUCT

Since everyone is making these lists after Fire Emblem Switch is taking FOREVER to even have a trailer, I guess I'll have a go at it.

1. More fanservice, I'm not talking about fates style fanservice, I'm talking about full on High School DxD/Dororon Enma Kun remake style fanservice

2. New classes such as:

- Gladiator

- Gunner

- Playboy Bunny

- Terror Knight

And more

3. We need a silent protagonist

4. Infernal mode, and permanent removal of Phoenix Mode

And the most important thing:

5. 4th tier promotions!

A good plot

Not terrible writing 

No more trash cliched characters, use the cliche to build not keep them at this basic level

No more child units, just no more period. 

Bring back the Master Sword, that was a good weapon 

I don't mind the kid characters, just make sure that they're not frigging clones like Rhajat and the others. Those slots could be used for new original characters.

Let child units inherit DLC skills.

S rank support for same sex characters, though I imagine A+ is as good as it's going to get.

Let our avatars go back to being able to pick up any skill rather than choosing one to second seal into at start. 

More Interesting maps, with things like the Dragon Veins we can utilize for a strategic advantage, destructible walls/terrain, etc.

I'm kind of okay with Gimmicky characters, as long as they are no where near the majority.

1. A better main character, you know, with flaws and emotions.

2. I really want a good villian, a game can't be amazing without a good villian.

3. New and old classes. I want warrior and summoner to be brought back, but I also really want a soldier type class and a bard. Specifically a bard, not a dancer.

4. I want longer maps. Not FE4 level maps, but a solid length, with plenty of things going on to keep you busy and the level entertaining.

5. A stand out mechanic. Sort of like the Mila's turnwheel, but maybe more fair. Every game has a small feature that helps it stand out from the others, I want this one to have to do something with the switch, to really help implement what the switch can do, however, this could also be a bad thing if Nintendo goes overboard.

1.No more child units as they were done in Awakening and Fates.

2.Male playable manaketes.

3.We need a female lord, who has her own game, sorry Micaiah.

4.Shuriken as they were done in Fates.

5.Full voice acting.

1. Sacred stones style split promotions

2. A fucking story.

3. Simplified stat caps. as in, All stats cap 20 (bar luck at 30) before promotion, and CLASS specific caps with nothing to do with gender or unit. Fate and echoes's style was obnoxious and over complicated or something like that.

4. Healers to not take forever to level up.

5. If they do an avatar, then tone down there role and importance. I honestly think that an avatar is a good idea, as in a customisable unit that you can modify the strengths and weaknesses of. 

(6. An actual idea of what difficulty means, not just having SWOOOLE ass enemies running about, critting everything. Make it hard through intricate map design.)

Guest Dreamyboi

1. A non-Avatar main character

2. A main antagonist that isn't possessed or one dimensional

3. Maps that aren't gimmicky and slow

4. Enemy boss units that can talk to more than the main character

5. A healthy amount of supports that hopefully actually go somewhere with the exchanges instead of fucking around until the A support WTF Kliff?

Edited by Dreamyboi

26 minutes ago, bad touch said:

1. Sacred stones style split promotion

Boo! I don't want a route split where I have to play the game twice to see what happens, and both routes sharing the same characters awkwardly being shoe horned into the story, instead o f naturally creating alternate characters. Give us a Gaiden route split instead, with free movement and unique characters between each route.

@Jotari 

1 minute ago, Jotari said:
29 minutes ago, bad touch said:

1. Sacred stones style split promotion

Boo! I don't want a route split where I have to play the game twice to see what happens, and both routes sharing the same characters awkwardly being shoe horned into the story, instead o f naturally creating alternate characters. Give us a Gaiden route split instead, with free movement and unique characters between each route.

no, i said PROMOTIONS.

Not Split paths.

Needs or what we’ll probably get:

A functioning executable, motion and touch controls (Nentendo won’t let the game go gold without it), no ctd errors, turn based strategy, a story and characters that were focus tested to tastelessness.

Would be nice and somewhat realistic:

Intuitive map design and characters/classes that fit well into the gameplay, Iron man mode, true hit, more rng ayy lmao’s, more thought put into dlc, a character development/leveling system that encourages strategic thought and utility/min-max discussion, fewer autobenchers outside obvious IS trolling.

1 AI for the computer team, instead of controlling their movement through decision tree tags

2 two way Attacks of Oppurtuniy, zone of control, other stuff that should have been standard by 1988

3 No Player units that can tank 3+ enemies in one Enemy Phase, ever.

4 Less linear battle calculation system (especially speed)

5 AP sysstem instead of Full team phases

Full Voice acting

Cool characters

New supports that actually go somewhere so fans aren't having to pull things out of their ass for a character

Daggers

Steady slope of difficulty (Normal, Hard where the units get a few stat boosts, Lunatic where its more stats, Lunatic+, introduces new skills, Infernal which adds more enemies but you get more exp per kill)

I wanted to see in the Fire Emblem Switch title that are:

1. Third Tiers and Overclasses
  2. Branch Promotion (with Third Teirs having those as well) + Return of other Trainee classes (Recruit, Journeyman, and Pupil) with Villager included
  3. Return of playable Male Manaketes, Male Pegasus Knights and Falcon Knights, Female Fighters, Female Mercenaries and Heroes, and 
  4. Return of Daggers and Shurikens
  5. Episodic Episodes as DLCs or in complete set similar to like Detective Pikachu
Edited by King Marth 64

My apologies for diverging slightly. But it seems to me that many people in this topic might enjoy the video game series Langrisser.

It's got 5 tier branching promotions, a customize-able non avatar main character, honorable humanized enemies (baring a select few), and it's still pretty similar to Fire Emblem.

To stay on topic though, I 'd also like to see more geographically interesting/diverse locations/maps. 

Edited by ProfImpossible

14 hours ago, ViceTOLUCT said:

More fanservice, I'm not talking about fates style fanservice, I'm talking about full on High School DxD/Dororon Enma Kun remake style fanservice

Ew no.

Fanservice is the thing we least need. Its more of a distraction to literally everything else including story.

14 hours ago, ViceTOLUCT said:

We need a silent protagonist

I could agree to this if the protagonist is an Avatar and has dialogue choices.

Anyways:

1. More Supports. SoV had few supports so I would definitely like some more, seeing as the game will be on Switch.

2. A good story as always. Awakening's and Fates' stories seem to be criticized often, so maybe IS could learn from it and create a better story that is enjoyed by all fans (both veterans and newbies alike).

3. No children, we had enough of that shit. I'll only accept if they're done the way Genealogy of the Holy War did it, but only for an FE 18 (FE Switch will be the 17th installment right?) because its preferable that we stay away from the children mechanic for some time.

4. Weapon Durability needs to return. Iirc it was removed in Fates, and Sov doesn't have it since Gaiden didn't have it. I'd rather have it back just for increasing difficulty a little bit.

5. The antagonist not being a dragon and isn't some part of massive cult like the Loptyr or has some connection to other dragons "that used to coexist with humans until the Fire Nation attacked a war broke out or something". I think we had enough of those, and I'd like to see a different kind of antagonist such as  the ones from Tellius (iirc, PoR had the Mad King and RD had a literal god as the antagonists iirc).

1 hour ago, ProfImpossible said:

My apologies for diverging slightly. But it seems to me that many people in this topic might enjoy the video game series Langrisser.

It's got 5 tier branching promotions, a customize-able non avatar main character, honorable humanized enemies (baring a select few), and it's still pretty similar to Fire Emblem.

Besides the things you mentioned, Langrisser also lesser units and more dialogue choices that greatly affect the story.

Its an enjoyable series, and I also recommend it to people who want to try something similar to Fire Emblem while they wait for the release of FE Switch.

8 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Besides the things you mentioned, Langrisser also lesser units and more dialogue choices that greatly affect the story.

Its an enjoyable series, and I also recommend it to people who want to try something similar to Fire Emblem while they wait for the release of FE Switch.

A series that with the exception of the first translated as Warsong, has been Japan only. So it is strictly for those with access to emulators.

Well there is Re:Incarnation Tensei the latest 3DS title, but that has reviews that typically scathe it into the 3 and below zone, although there are a few who think it isn't quite so bad, though no better than a 7.

it's actually not that bad.jpg, but it's certainly nothing noteworthy. I want to say it even has some replay value... assuming you can pull yourself through it.

Besides... I bet the people who shit on Re:Incarnation haven't even played Langrisser 3. Coming from me who liked playing it lol

Or played Langrisser Millenium, which I hear was terrible, but idk.

Edited by Soledai

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A series that with the exception of the first translated as Warsong, has been Japan only. So it is strictly for those with access to emulators.

Well there is Re:Incarnation Tensei the latest 3DS title, but that has reviews that typically scathe it into the 3 and below zone, although there are a few who think it isn't quite so bad, though no better than a 7.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. 

And I've also heard of Re:Incarnation Tensei having an awfully low score. I haven't read any of the reviews, but what's the basic complaint?