• Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance
    • Radiant Dawn
    • Shadow Dragon
    • New Mystery of the Emblem
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

Definitely SoV. Its really appealing to the eyes and I like the watercolor work Hidari did for the characters. None of the characters felt like an eyesore to look at.

Sacred Stones would have to be my next favourite. Again, appealing to the eyes, and the color work is fabulous. I would be pleased if FE Switch or any other future FE had the same kind of art SS had. 

Edited by Flee Fleet!

So I voted Gaiden just to meme but I don't really have a favourite. I think every artstyle except gaiden's had something to like about them, I really like them all, but since I coudn't decide I voted Gaiden.

I like Radiant Dawn as a matured version of PoR's style. Realistic, but with some fantasy additions.

Runner up would be Blazing- a matured FE6 aesthetic.

Thracia 776's more humble artwork is very appealing and refreshing.

I'd put SoV over Magvel. Both are middle tier for me.

I like Treasure a lot, but FE4 is a bit boring, particularly the original pre-Treasure artwork.

I can't say I love Kozaki at all, not that I have much against him either.

Path of Radiance and FE6 are immature, the colors are bolder and more garish, besides being more kiddy overall in FE6.

Archanea's official artwork was poor pre-11/12, and very few characters have any from 11/12. The head profiles of 3 and 12 are good though. And what art exists for 11/12 isn't bad.

And yes, I love TMS- that game has flair, if not appropriate for a standard FE.

Guest Dreamyboi

Easy, Radiant Dawn.

I like Senri Kita's art style as much as I like Hidari's but the one other advantage Senri has is the lack of boob armor in Tellius at least I haven't seen any

Call it petty if you want but it's a fantasy art trope I'm not into, though Hidari is still a fantastic artist.

Edited by Dreamyboi

You know, I'm really not picky and I find many different art styles beautiful. So I like all the games' artstyle, even if some are rather outdated.

That being said, my favorite has to be RD's. There's no real discernable reason for it, I just find myself really attracted to it. I also like that they seem to be more appropriate designs for the most part as I'm not a huge fanservice fan.

Radiant Dawn, no contest.  For the reason why, look down.

See those shoes?  It's not just shoes, there's a ton of variety.  Nolan and Boyd are both axe infantry, but there's a good amount of difference in their boots.  Calill's heels don't look like fun to run in, but it looks feasible.  I'd expect something that wasn't so. . .open on Sanaki's feet, but it's a pleasant surprise.

Now, look a little higher, at the poses.  Nepheenee/Vika look a bit awkward, but otherwise, they don't look completely out-of-touch from reality, even though there's tails and feathers to work around.

Shout-out to the GBA games for sort-of doing the same (though I protest Isadora's fifth position stance), but with a lot less flair.

Echoes has nice art, but it's never going to be my favorite.  See those feet I talked about earlier?  How many of the girls in FE6-10 stand with their toes pointed in?  It's a shitty pose, and one that shouldn't have been so widespread in SoV's art.

Echoes is easily my favorite. It has the kind of art style I could just look at and get lost in.

RD also has some nice stuff. Everything else except for FE11/FE12/FE Gaiden (lol at Alm's dong armor) I consider good.

I voted Sacred Stones. The colors used are very appealing; it's vibrant, but not hard on the eyes. I also like how some of the older characters look mature without necessarily looking either too old or too young. I also find the faces to be pretty unique for the series.

Radiant Dawn needs a S/O to though. For such a lot of characters, I really liked how varied each design was. Everyone felt like a solid individual and their unique armor gave them a unique presence. It was especially cooler in the large battle scenes with tons of generic npcs, since it made them seem like officers.

My third choice would be SoV, mainly because I enjoyed the muted colors and the detailing- like the scratches on the armor. It has a rustic feel to it.

Radiant Dawn and PoR, no contest. I voted RD tho.

Senri Kita is my favorite artist because of her work on Tellius! Most of the designs are so awesome. Especially the armor. I love her armor! And while there's a little bit of fanservice, none of it is over the top. And many of the females wear PANTS.

I hope Suekane Kumiko does the art for an FE game sometime though, I really like her too. She drew Freddy, Summer Freddy, Camus, LA Hector, and Bunny Xander for Heroes.

Edited by Anacybele

RD because the cloths for the most part make sense and I could see real people wearing.  Female units look good and their outfits look like battle field wear, the guys also look good and again their outfits make sense.  The armors in RD are some of my favorites because they look so cool, I hated the armor designs of Fates/Awakening.  SoV is next on my list, but RD's art is better to me.

Echoes' art is gorgeous and is my favourite, God bless Hidari. 

I really like Kozaki's work for Awakening and Fates as well, it's that nice balance between anime, but not over the top.

I'm not too keen on the Tellius artwork, tbh. It's the eyes. There's something about them that just detract from the overall appeal. Lovely colours though.

The GBA games have colours that just pop, and it works. The overall art is nice, but it's not something that I'd write home about.

I don't like the art for the NES and SNES games. The Jugdral games in particular have too much of the 90s anime hair going on where the bangs just poof out, no thanks.

As for the DS games...hahah. I like it. It's just the character portraits that drag it down. SD Marth in particular. My boy, they did you dirty.

It's not an option, but I'd say that TMS has the best art style, even over Echoes. The official work that you can see when you look at the character bios is just freaking gorgeous.