Best and worse skills in the games ?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Ah, you're right about Aether being female only from DLC (that slipped my mind, I gave Ryoma Aether via Vanguard). Yes, it's all unreliable, but unreliable doesn't mean its useless. Otherwise you might as well relegate all skills with a proc rate to the slush pile, and hey, if that's your strategy then good for you. But RNG is a part of Fire Emblem. Lack of reliability is part of the game. You try to reduce that as much as you can, but unless you only ever use Iron Swords and nothing else 100% of the time, percentages being less than 100 is going to happen in the game. 50% of avoiding damage on all attacks is great, especially when Ryoma is such a fantastic dodge tank to begin with. If it avoided 100% of all attacks on enemy phase then it'd be the best skill there is. But failing that, even evading 30% of all damage is decent. Unreliable, yes, and yes, the more reliable a skill is the better (that's explicitly why I said the Fates version is better than the Radiant Dawn version), but avoiding such a large number of attacks is a far cry better than the likes of Sacred Stone's Sure strike or Radiant Dawn's Howl/Shriek etc.

Lack of reliability doesn't mean it's useless, but like I said, if I get into a situation where I have to actively rely on luck to pull through, chances are very high I fucked up royally. And Vantage is guilty of that, as far as Fates goes - it's not enough that most units have low HP, but the fact that Vantage requires missing at least half your health to work??? That's not good, especially not when one or two more hits is all it takes before the user does their best impression of a frog and croaks. (Granted, it was the same in Genealogy and Awakening, but it could at least combo with other skills in those, and both Genealogy and Awakening had units with high HP totals, so one spell of bad luck usually wasn't enough to consign the user to the grave) Also, sadly for Ryoma, he's in one of the worst games for dodgetanking. 

6 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Lack of reliability doesn't mean it's useless, but like I said, if I get into a situation where I have to actively rely on luck to pull through, chances are very high I fucked up royally. And Vantage is guilty of that, as far as Fates goes - it's not enough that most units have low HP, but the fact that Vantage requires missing at least half your health to work??? That's not good, especially not when one or two more hits is all it takes before the user does their best impression of a frog and croaks. (Granted, it was the same in Genealogy and Awakening, but it could at least combo with other skills in those, and both Genealogy and Awakening had units with high HP totals, so one spell of bad luck usually wasn't enough to consign the user to the grave) Also, sadly for Ryoma, he's in one of the worst games for dodgetanking. 

Well like I said, I think Vantage should have 100% activation rate instead of being health dependent, as I don't think it's so good as to be broken if it did. But majorly increasing the chances of your unit surviving until player phase when you can heal them is something that's worth having in the game, unlike most of the skills you listed which might as well not exist (the Laguz reaction ones particularly irk me, I like the idea of giving Laguz some kind of distant offense with making it a direct attack, but making them proc based, and a really low proc base at that just means players are unlikely to ever even see it in action. Nice idea, but horribly executed).

And yes, I maintain you absolutely can solo most endgame Birthright maps with Ryoma supported by Corrin, at least on Hard mode (never played Lunatic Birthright, would rather just play Conquest, or Echoes) and Vantage has a large part to do with that. No, it won't be a guaranteed solo every time you throw him at it, but the chances of success are good enough that it'll only take a handful of tries. And since it's literally just throwing him at the map and killing as many enemies as possible on enemy phase, skipping turns and animations means an attempt takes about two minutes if even.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Well like I said, I think Vantage should have 100% activation rate instead of being health dependent, as I don't think it's so good as to be broken if it did. But majorly increasing the chances of your unit surviving until player phase when you can heal them is something that's worth having in the game, unlike most of the skills you listed which might as well not exist (the Laguz reaction ones particularly irk me, I like the idea of giving Laguz some kind of distant offense with making it a direct attack, but making them proc based, and a really low proc base at that just means players are unlikely to ever even see it in action. Nice idea, but horribly executed).

And yes, I maintain you absolutely can solo most endgame Birthright maps with Ryoma supported by Corrin, at least on Hard mode (never played Lunatic Birthright, would rather just play Conquest, or Echoes) and Vantage has a large part to do with that. No, it won't be a guaranteed solo every time you throw him at it, but the chances of success are good enough that it'll only take a handful of tries. And since it's literally just throwing him at the map and killing as many enemies as possible on enemy phase, skipping turns and animations means an attempt takes about two minutes if even.

That's something I can agree with - Vantage needs to go back to being all the time. At least it was fairly good then - a far cry from the shitstain it is in Fates.

Because you can solo Birthright when you miss half the game, right? Also, Ryoma is criminally overrated, and Swordmasters have seen better days. He cannot rely on consistently dodging swords, and lances and shurikens will also cause him trouble unless he uses a dual katana... in which case now he has to fear axes and bows, and can't counter the latter either. Also, I don't skip turns unless there's no action, lest you find a nice surprise on your screen. Like seeing that Ryoma now has a nice, shiny, big fat 0 next to his HP because he's just another brittle sword.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

8 minutes ago, CyberController said:

Explanation?

Heavy Armor: Enemy Bow users in SOV, are quite rare and unlike the playable archers are usually extremely weak, even on hard. For reference, SOV added this at the expense of a rare ring no longer giving a movement bonus, which was far more useful for Generals/Barons. A less useless skill would be halving Swords/Lance/Monster weapon damage. At most this skill helps some of the enemy Barons a little bit and playable characters never went to be an armored unit in SOV.

Sure Strike: A skill for Snipers that when activated lets them attack with 100% accuracy. The Thing is the playable Snipers and the Sniper class caps already have very good skill, so they aren't going be missing anyhow. Basically like Heavy Armor, it only helps generic enemies at best and Archers are best promoting into Horseman/Ranger over Sniper.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

10 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Heavy Armor: Enemy Bow users in SOV, are quite rare and unlike the playable archers are usually extremely weak, even on hard. For reference, SOV added this at the expense of a rare ring no longer giving a movement bonus, which was far more useful for Generals/Barons. A less useless skill would be halving Swords/Lance/Monster weapon damage. At most this skill helps some of the enemy Barons a little bit and playable characters never went to be an armored unit in SOV.

Sure Strike: A skill for Snipers that when activated lets them attack with 100% accuracy. The Thing is the playable Snipers and the Sniper class caps already have very good skill, so they aren't going be missing anyhow. Basically like Heavy Armor, it only helps generic enemies at best and Archers are best promoting into Horseman/Ranger over Sniper.

Enemy Archers are also going to attack the unit they're likely to deal the most damage to, and given their large range, it means they're more than likely able to hit half your army. So they're more likely to target your mages than any of your Barons to begin with.

13 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

That's something I can agree with - Vantage needs to go back to being all the time. At least it was fairly good then - a far cry from the shitstain it is in Fates.

Because you can solo Birthright when you miss half the game, right? Also, Ryoma is criminally overrated, and Swordmasters have seen better days. He cannot rely on consistently dodging swords, and lances and shurikens will also cause him trouble unless he uses a dual katana... in which case now he has to fear axes and bows, and can't counter the latter either. Also, I don't skip turns unless there's no action, lest you find a nice surprise on your screen. Like seeing that Ryoma now has a nice, shiny, big fat 0 next to his HP because he's just another brittle sword.

I never said he can solo all of Birthright. I specifically said several end game maps.

Edited by Jotari

22 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I don't really agree that Niles being fast is enough to make up for his lacking offenses - if anything, his not being strong either physically or magically is only hurting his case for deployment. Why in the seven hells should I bother with Niles when he's always outclassed in terms of offensive power??? Capture? Too bad mooks that are actually worth giving up unit slots for are as scarce as hen's teeth. Also, it doesn't help that one of the units that might be a big help if you capture him (Haitaka) is also a serious pain in the ass to deal with even without trying to set up such that a weakling with shaky hit rates can land the final blow. Also, FE6 and FE7 are completely different games. And they don't punish low-manning to the extent that Fates does. In addition, as far as FE7 is concerned, enemies tend to be pretty weak stats wise. So I don't see the analogy.

Tonics are cheap, yes, but cheap != free. And I say again, mooks are not really worth giving up unit slots for, for one, and second, that's assuming I built a prison by then. When there's better stuff to get asap. No thank you.

I'm not quite under that impression - rather, I'd prefer if everyone I deploy can be used as an active contributor. Got a problem with that?! And see below for dual guard stuff.

I see dual guards as unreliable - I cannot guarantee that the attack I want blocked is the one that gets blocked. Let's say your unit is in range of both a Sorcerer and a Berserker, and you have a dual guard ready. Of course, which one you're better off having blocked is dependent on the unit, but either way, there's a 50/50 chance you wind up at the mercy of the RNG. As for Shigure, once again, Azura has Corrin for a fast support and no one else. Meaning I might (and in fact most likely will) have to go out of my way to ensure he even exists because he is in the same unenviable - and unlucky - position Inigo was in Awakening.

Yes, really. Good offense isn't something I'm so desperate for in Birthright. Good defense, on the other hand, is. Also, Astra is unreliable af, and ditto for dual guards for reasons I already mentioned. And Vantage? I don't see that being a big help without lots of luck, and being in a position where you have to actively rely on luck is not a good thing, last I checked. Anyway, Silas has a severe case of mediocre, and Rinkah stinks. Scarlet, on the other hand, I'm more than happy to welcome with open arms, and not for the sake of that overrated fraud of a Hoshidan prince.

Niles’s offense isn’t always the best, but it’s usually enough to get what needs to be done done. Enemies usually have low enough resistance that with a good magic pairup (I.E. Sorc Nyx or something to that effect) he’s ORKOing most enemies, and those who have pretty good resistance (Ninja, Pegasi, Great Masters/that priestess class, Foxes) tend to simutlltaneously have low defense, so his offense is still perfectly fine for those enemies. Enemies worth capturing are generics for rally skills (I.E. generic pegasus/Berserker if you don’t want to train one yourself), some decent enemy bosses (you know the ones), rallyman, and maids (due to the extra hit high staff rank gives them). Not that much, but definitely enough to be (IMO) worth using. 

My point when bringing in FE6 and FE7 was bringing in precedent in the series for low-manning/very few great units. Several parts of Conquest are actually pretty easy to low-man (at least to a certain extent), like Ch. 19, Ch. 21, Ch. 23, and Ch. 26. Those being some of the better examples.

Tonics are cheap to the point of the cost being negligible, 150 gold is nothing compared to the mountains of gold you get throughout Conquest. Also, I’d say that pushing units over offensive humps is a good reason to deploy a generic unit, since it can be the difference between a couple of good units and an a couple of amazing units.

Do I have a problem with everyone deployed being an active contributor? YES. Active contribution is quite often inferior to passive contribution. Passive contribution can more than double a units active contribution, such as with a good pair-up or rally speed. While statistically a unit may have twice the offense, hitting the ORKO threshold can often increase the amount of things a unit can do tenfold. A unit can contribute to a map without ever seeing combat, especially if they’re on the back of a unit that’s seeing a lot of combat. The way I see it is, if every unit is part of a unit pair, why bother training both sides of the pair, when (usually) it’s not necessary for one of those units to see combat ever. And if you think attack stance is superior to guard stance, well, then I don’t think you’re too knowledgeable on the fates meta.

It’s not too often that a unit is in the situation that you describe, where one unit is fine to take on and the other is completely not fine. Usually the variance is smaller between the best unit to face and the worst unit to face. Even then, it’s usually not extremely difficult to get most units to a 3hko at worst, so it matters less which one attacks you. You can also plan around worst case A.I. Scenarios in your head.

While good offense isn’t too hard to find in Birthright, good 1-2 range offense is a bit more rare, and Ryoma has just that. Not only are the units that have 1-2 range offense generally less bulky, they also have worse offensive stats compared to Ryoma, so it’s possible for them to miss important benchmarks. And like I said, with a good bulk Pair up Ryoma is plenty bulky. GK Silas is especially good, since it gives +4 defense and gives Ryoma access to the Paladin line, which Increases his raw offense, defense, and movement. Combined with his less reliable factors such as avoid and crit he becomes incredibly difficult to take down, due to how it combines with his good bulk. Also I don’t know who you’re using instead of Ryoma considering you just dissed two of the bulkiest units in Birthright and you complained about bulk being an issue.

On 4/15/2018 at 11:14 PM, Emperor Hardin said:

It doesn't help that Sacred Stones uses true hit.

On 4/16/2018 at 2:22 PM, Aut said:

Niles’s offense isn’t always the best, but it’s usually enough to get what needs to be done done. Enemies usually have low enough resistance that with a good magic pairup (I.E. Sorc Nyx or something to that effect) he’s ORKOing most enemies, and those who have pretty good resistance (Ninja, Pegasi, Great Masters/that priestess class, Foxes) tend to simutlltaneously have low defense, so his offense is still perfectly fine for those enemies. Enemies worth capturing are generics for rally skills (I.E. generic pegasus/Berserker if you don’t want to train one yourself), some decent enemy bosses (you know the ones), rallyman, and maids (due to the extra hit high staff rank gives them). Not that much, but definitely enough to be (IMO) worth using. 

My point when bringing in FE6 and FE7 was bringing in precedent in the series for low-manning/very few great units. Several parts of Conquest are actually pretty easy to low-man (at least to a certain extent), like Ch. 19, Ch. 21, Ch. 23, and Ch. 26. Those being some of the better examples.

Tonics are cheap to the point of the cost being negligible, 150 gold is nothing compared to the mountains of gold you get throughout Conquest. Also, I’d say that pushing units over offensive humps is a good reason to deploy a generic unit, since it can be the difference between a couple of good units and an a couple of amazing units.

Do I have a problem with everyone deployed being an active contributor? YES. Active contribution is quite often inferior to passive contribution. Passive contribution can more than double a units active contribution, such as with a good pair-up or rally speed. While statistically a unit may have twice the offense, hitting the ORKO threshold can often increase the amount of things a unit can do tenfold. A unit can contribute to a map without ever seeing combat, especially if they’re on the back of a unit that’s seeing a lot of combat. The way I see it is, if every unit is part of a unit pair, why bother training both sides of the pair, when (usually) it’s not necessary for one of those units to see combat ever. And if you think attack stance is superior to guard stance, well, then I don’t think you’re too knowledgeable on the fates meta.

It’s not too often that a unit is in the situation that you describe, where one unit is fine to take on and the other is completely not fine. Usually the variance is smaller between the best unit to face and the worst unit to face. Even then, it’s usually not extremely difficult to get most units to a 3hko at worst, so it matters less which one attacks you. You can also plan around worst case A.I. Scenarios in your head.

While good offense isn’t too hard to find in Birthright, good 1-2 range offense is a bit more rare, and Ryoma has just that. Not only are the units that have 1-2 range offense generally less bulky, they also have worse offensive stats compared to Ryoma, so it’s possible for them to miss important benchmarks. And like I said, with a good bulk Pair up Ryoma is plenty bulky. GK Silas is especially good, since it gives +4 defense and gives Ryoma access to the Paladin line, which Increases his raw offense, defense, and movement. Combined with his less reliable factors such as avoid and crit he becomes incredibly difficult to take down, due to how it combines with his good bulk. Also I don’t know who you’re using instead of Ryoma considering you just dissed two of the bulkiest units in Birthright and you complained about bulk being an issue.

A pair up might fix ONE of Niles's offenses, but outside of Nohr Noble and Grandmaster, one of which is exclusive to Corrin and Kana, and the other requiring DLC (to say nothing of said DLC having an annoying boss only one unit can really damage AND needing everyone to survive), it can't help both (also of note, both of those two classes only give 2 points each). There's still the matter of opportunity cost - and as I see it, fielding Nyx just to make Niles passable with the Shining Bow (because let's face it, his magic ain't going nowhere fast with that 20% growth, at least not without having him spend time as a dark mage; of course, that does bring up the matter of limited seals) has a massive opportunity cost due to needing a unit slot that could've gone to better use, and a Master Seal, which are limited for most of the game. Compare to Nina, who might be able to hit harder with it without devoting another unit slot to a subpar unit (depending on her mother; if not, I probably had Charlotte or something for her mom). As for capture, it's pointless to convince me on that being worthwhile, so what possesses you to keep trying?? Mooks don't get support bonuses, which puts them at a big disadvantage. And like I said, Haitaka might be an asset if you can capture him, but I think it just isn't worth the aggravation, since he's already a pain in the ass even without worrying about trying to capture him (most units can only engage him once without worrying about dying, with Effie and Dragon Corrin being the only exceptions). Also, I dunno about you, but I'm honestly put off by the fact that most of the capturable bosses are thugs and criminals.

I still think the comparison is a massive case of trying to compare apples and oranges - FE7 doesn't even come close to Fates in terms of difficulty, for the most part. FE6 is admittedly closer, but most of its difficulty is from questionable design choices imho. Also, evade was rather good in both games due to terrain being abundant and potent, in addition to the games using true hit, and in FE6's case, most weapons being inaccurate, most notably axes and lances. In FE7's case, instead, enemy units are mostly weak statistically. That honestly is a stark contrast to Fates, where you can't rely on evade as much. As for low-manning, chapter 21 isn't that bad imho, and chapter 23 has its biggest hurdle at the end. Not sure about chapter 26 - I would only see it adding to the chance a crucial unit gets crippled.

Sure, they're cheap, but you gotta admit, if you're constantly using tonics, those expenses can and will add up. If I use ten units, and give each of them HP and Defense tonics, that's 3 grand used up. That's not a drop in the bucket, contrary to what you're trying to claim. Especially when factoring in the need for staves and healing items. Or if I do this before every chapter.

As I see it, attack stance has its uses - I don't believe in this "No Attack Stance, Guard Stance only, Final Destination" mentality most people try to preach. Like against Kotaro and the foxes. Or killing ninjas and mages without needing to eat a counter (and in the case of the former, come out with lowered stats). Two units' turns used up at once just to down one enemy doesn't exactly sound efficient... and honestly? 8 units with pair up bots is weaker overall than 16 units that can fight in either fashion. Especially since the 8 will eventually stagnate (i.e. get to a point where they grow so slowly they don't improve much). It also means less of a safeguard against bad luck (remember that Fates is Murphy's Law: The Game).

Maybe not, but in general, most units in Fates can only take hits well from one side or the other. And planning around worst case scenarios in your head means nothing the moment things don't go as you expect (e.g. missing an attack causing your shield gauge to be used up by an enemy that wasn't threatening, or killing an enemy too fast [often due to a crit] causing you to not have a dual guard ready for when you needed it).

Well, I will grant that good 1-2 offense is virtually nonexistent in Fates in general since hand axes and other such weapons got nerfed, among other things. As for who I use, I use Corrin (though that coulda gone without mentioning; these days, I love what an HP boon can do for me), Oboro, Scarlet and Hinoka if I need tanks (Rinkah has the defense, but it's compromised by her shit HP and luck, meaning I find her to get less reliable as the game goes on).

As far as the Ryoma thing goes, I wholeheartedly agree with Levant here.
Unless I see a full, unedited playthrough of Birthright Hard or Lunatic where someone soloes the game using Ryoma AND ONLY Ryoma from the moment he joins (and solo, to me, means doing it ALL ON YOUR OWN, so no pair-ups, no tonics, no nothing) and does so reliably (it has to be clear none of it was pure RNG-based luck), I will always call Bullshit on the statement that Ryoma can solo Birthright.

Because the moment one starts bringing tonics and pair-up into the conversation, I have to ask: "Why stop there? Why not throw every stat-booster on him as well?"
And if we're going down that rabbit hole, then I will propose that Hana can solo Birthright, as well. Give her Corrin with as high of a support level as possible as pair-up, dump every stat-booster you can get your hands on (My Castle rewards included) on her, use tonics and use no one else but her from the moment she joins. Does that make Hana the best unit ever? No. Because this set-up is freaking ridiculous.

More on topic, though:
One of the best proc skills in recent memory has to be Rend Heaven, especially on Conquest where you have some very, VERY strong enemy offense to deal with. It's high proc rate combined with that will surely see your damage skyrocket really really quickly.

Edited by DragonFlames

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

One of the best proc skills in recent memory has to be Rend Heaven, especially on Conquest where you have some very, VERY strong enemy offense to deal with. It's high proc rate combined with that will surely see your damage skyrocket really really quickly.

I beg to differ - Rend Heaven only really does anything either against hybrid classes or in physical vs physical or magical vs magical matchups, since most classes have virtually nothing in either of strength or magic. Also, there is the part where outside of Corrin, Basaras are virtually nonexistent outside of capture.

Best thing about Rend Heaven is it's very high proc rate.

31 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I beg to differ - Rend Heaven only really does anything either against hybrid classes or in physical vs physical or magical vs magical matchups, since most classes have virtually nothing in either of strength or magic.

If you're fighting physical against magical, or magical against physical, then you probably don't need Rend Heaven to help you kill anyway, since their DEF/RES is typically just as mad as their STR/MAG. Plus, physical on physical probably makes up like 80% of all combat in the game.

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

As far as the Ryoma thing goes, I wholeheartedly agree with Levant here.
Unless I see a full, unedited playthrough of Birthright Hard or Lunatic where someone soloes the game using Ryoma AND ONLY Ryoma from the moment he joins (and solo, to me, means doing it ALL ON YOUR OWN, so no pair-ups, no tonics, no nothing) and does so reliably (it has to be clear none of it was pure RNG-based luck), I will always call Bullshit on the statement that Ryoma can solo Birthright.

Because the moment one starts bringing tonics and pair-up into the conversation, I have to ask: "Why stop there? Why not throw every stat-booster on him as well?"
And if we're going down that rabbit hole, then I will propose that Hana can solo Birthright, as well. Give her Corrin with as high of a support level as possible as pair-up, dump every stat-booster you can get your hands on (My Castle rewards included) on her, use tonics and use no one else but her from the moment she joins. Does that make Hana the best unit ever? No. Because this set-up is freaking ridiculous.

More on topic, though:

What Basaras are you getting on Conquest? Corrin? Oh, or maybe Haitaka. I've recruited him, but never really used him outside of a rally bot.

Edited by Jotari

27 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Best thing about Rend Heaven is it's very high proc rate.

If you're fighting physical against magical, or magical against physical, then you probably don't need Rend Heaven to help you kill anyway, since their DEF/RES is typically just as mad as their STR/MAG. Plus, physical on physical probably makes up like 80% of all combat in the game.

What Basaras are you getting on Conquest? Corrin? Oh, or maybe Haitaka. I've recruited him, but never really used him outside of a rally bot.

I have to shamefully admit that I got it through skill buying... *hides*
The fact that Rend Heaven is useless against mages if you're physical and vice versa hasn't exactly bothered me, but I can see how that is a drawback to it.

50 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I beg to differ - Rend Heaven only really does anything either against hybrid classes or in physical vs physical or magical vs magical matchups, since most classes have virtually nothing in either of strength or magic. Also, there is the part where outside of Corrin, Basaras are virtually nonexistent outside of capture.

Again, aside from the fact that I got the skill mostly through skill buying. *shamefully hides again*
Since my physical units won't face many mages, because their resitance stats are crap most of the time or they can't counterattack anyway and I don't really put Rend Heaven on mages, I haven't run into the problem of having no benefit from the skill. I do see how that is a major drawback, though.
I had fun using it and I felt it was useful, at any rate.

On 4/24/2018 at 11:03 AM, Jotari said:

Perhaps, but honestly, the fact that Rend Heaven can potentially be a dud, as opposed to Luna, is enough to cause it to lose out imo.

Not commenting on Best or Worst per se, (I don't have a rating system) but I always found Aether in Path of Radiance to be pretty ridiculous with how good it is, and judging from what I've read Eclipse is pretty cruel too. Though Eclipse largely seems useless because nothing really stands up to the Black Knight anyway.

1 hour ago, CyberController said:

Corrosion. Most enemies don’t last that long. So, reducing their weapon use is pointless when you can just kill them.

I would sooner cite the part where it's possible to wind up destroying weapons that either would've been dropped by the enemy or are being used by your own units (in certain maps). (Both of these are in the context of Radiant Dawn) Even then, I would hesitate to see it as worse than something like Gamble.

Corrosion isn't that bad, given that it goes by level and you don't get it until Act 3, at which point your true level is going to be 30+ on the unit you're using it on. Meaning that aside from some of the weaker weapons, it basically works to remove the enemy of their ability to attack entirely. Meaning they just stand there blocking other enemies from actually attacking you. It's still not the greatest skill in the world, but throw it on someone who's capacity isn't full and you can get some use out of it.

Edited by Jotari

Worst

Golembane: The enemies that are affected (Stoneborn, Automatons, and Mechanists) are far from common. So, it's waaay too situational.

Unmask: Most mooks in the game are male. So, why have a skill that only works on female enemies?

Fierce Rival: Chances are, most units who perform a crit can also kill the enemy in a turn.

Foreign Princess/Born Steward: Oh boy, two skills only useful in PVP.

As for best:

Any of the -breaker skills, as they basically give near immunity to a weapon.

Nohrian Trust: Allows Corrin to use the skills of their partner. Always good.

29 minutes ago, CyberController said:

Worst

Golembane: The enemies that are affected (Stoneborn, Automatons, and Mechanists) are far from common. So, it's waaay too situational.

Unmask: Most mooks in the game are male. So, why have a skill that only works on female enemies?

Fierce Rival: Chances are, most units who perform a crit can also kill the enemy in a turn.

As for best:

The only one I could agree with you on being among the worst is Unmask. I would not see some of the others you listed there when there's stuff that's obviously worse.

12 hours ago, CyberController said:

Corrosion. Most enemies don’t last that long. So, reducing their weapon use is pointless when you can just kill them.

12 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I would sooner cite the part where it's possible to wind up destroying weapons that either would've been dropped by the enemy or are being used by your own units (in certain maps). (Both of these are in the context of Radiant Dawn) Even then, I would hesitate to see it as worse than something like Gamble.

This makes me think about that one time I accidentally destroyed the Wishblade in Radiant Dawn, because I had Haar with Corrosion attack the guy who had it. Feels bad, man.

12 hours ago, CyberController said:

Worst

As for best:

Wait, Foreign Princess only works for PVP? Man, that makes it way worse than I thought. I assumed it worked on basically all enemies, as Azura is the princess of all three major countries (though I suppose the Kotaro's soldiers, Kitsune and Wolfskins don't have much reason to see her as their princess).