Would you like to see movement and Constitution return as growths?

Make Con and Movement have growth rates?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Should Move have growth rates?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should Con have growth rates?

• Yes
    • No

No to both. However, I can see potential in having CON as a stat that grows game play wise. While it is cool to see how big characters are, having a stat like that would be really strange character wise... Like imagine a small little girl like Sakura(lol) getting jacked af with CON through the roof. I liked how RD did it using the STR stat, as it reflects reality in the sense that you can train for a stronger body but your height/build won't change that much. Also it makes female units good too!

I can't remember if POR did the same but if they plan to include a weapon weight mechanic, I'd like to see them take the STR route. 

Edited by Black Zero

28 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

I think Con should definitely have growth rates. Movement doesn't need them, but it would be cool if there was like a 1% rate where every now and then you have a character get lucky and gain movement. You could bump the rates up a bit on units like dancers, so that they would gain Mov without promoting.

At the very least, a chance for Armors to have the chance to have the same movement stat as other infantry would be nice. Especially as the low movement is virtually never worth it.

Yes and yes. But only if they're done well, obviously.

If con actually serves more purpose than just weapon weight and rescuing, it can be a nice minor stat, like luck, but obviously with lower growths all around, aside from characters intended to use it as their niche. It matters a lot for stealing and capturing in Thracia, and while it doesn't need to function exactly the same, it could be used similarly.

Move, as long as they care and they balance it, I think it could be fun. It could also help out units in low-move classes, since IS seems determined to keep -1 movement as a penalty for being an armor unit, despite that they're already trading speed for defense, and have a common type-weakness to certain weapons. Just give it a low cap like 8, and/or if they ever bring back dismounting, make it so the extra movement doesn't apply while on your mount.

Both could easily be bungled, but if they have anyone on their playtesting/balance team who just thinks about it a little, I feel it could be fine, and it could help differentiate a new title(or a certain remake) from other titles in the series.

Having recently played Tearring Saga, which does have movement growth, I am completely against it. It is basically impossible to balance movement growth. If the growth rate is too high, it makes the units with a high growth overpowered, and if you make them low, it leads to a huge variance in unit viability. Just one extra point of movement makes a unit two tiers better. 

Constitution I'm on the fence about. I think the values should be fixed if you're balancing a weight system around it, but there could be other solutions.

Movement on the other hand should not be a growth, and in fact it shouldn't be a statbooster. Bring back the accessory slot from PoR Intelligent Systems, the Boots belong as an equippable item.

Edited by X-Naut