Golden Week Speculation

Shiki

12 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Smart phones weren't even a thing when I was in high school.  I didn't even have a cell phone when I started high school.

12 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I've only had a smartphone for about a year, I was happy with my Nokia dumbphone up until they made it too hard to play FEH with an emulator. I don't regret it, but it does mean FEH has been a rather expensive game for me if I take the hardware cost into account. I've always been a bit behind the curve in this regard, hell, I only got my first mobile phone in 2007 - and it was a hand-me-down.

As a kid growing up in the 90s I think I mostly spent my money on boxed PC games and the occasional music CD.

Chiming in on the old kids' club here:

The original iPhone was released (June 29, 2007) right after I graduated from high school. I got my first cell phone when I went to college, and it was a hand-me-down Blackberry Pearl flip phone that I still have and use to this day, though it's now just a makeshift MP3 player and extra alarm clock. The fun thing is that the box for the Pearl says "smartphone" on it.

I got my first "real" smartphone, which was a hand-me-down Samsung Galaxy S (one), not quite two years ago. It overheated and turned into a paperweight while playing Fire Emblem Heroes less than a month after the game launched, so I ended up getting my first new phone then.

As for money back when I was a kid... yeah, no. I think all I could actually expect was birthday and Christmas presents and New Year red envelopes. Anything else was convincing my parents to buy them for me until I got my first part-time jobs and internships in high school at which point my parents were like haha no you have money now.

12 hours ago, Humanoid said:

The BK pack spoiled me to the extent I don't think I would ever buy orbs again unless a good hero was included with them. I mean, the BK pack was essentially half-price orbs plus a 5* unit that could be taken to be worth 60-80 orbs. How is a 25% off monthly deal with 6000 feathers (essentially 30% of a much-less-rare 5-star hero) meant to compete?

It competes by virtue of the fact that the Black Knight starter pack cannot be bought more than once.

If you need to buy a ton of candy, you can always wait until the day after Halloween or the day after Easter, but that doesn't matter if you need candy now or really at any point in between. The best you can do is shop around for the best sale or wait for one to show up, even if it's guaranteed to not be as good of a sale as the day after Halloween or the day after Easter.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It competes by virtue of the fact that the Black Knight starter pack cannot be bought more than once.

If you need to buy a ton of candy, you can always wait until the day after Halloween or the day after Easter, but that doesn't matter if you need candy now or really at any point in between. The best you can do is shop around for the best sale or wait for one to show up, even if it's guaranteed to not be as good of a sale as the day after Halloween or the day after Easter.

Yeah, for people who would have bought orbs anyway it's just a nice little bonus, but I feel the new promos are inherently targeting a different subset of potential customers. The BK pack targeted F2P or near-F2P players in a way the new packs could never hope to (and evidently aren't designed to). The business case for those is probably just to induce regular orb buyers to spend a little more during a given month. Fair enough too because the potential income from opportunistic spenders like myself - players who would be content to never purchase orbs normally - is trivial in the grand scheme of things.

I honestly have no idea what to expect here. Golden Week surprisingly wasn’t brought up at all during Feh Channel, and as of right now there’s no banner being released to coincide with it (unless this Legendary banner is the case which I’ll addrss eventually). This is really suspicious to me, and it makes me think that one of the three scenarios will happen.

Scenario A) There will be no coinciding banner at all. All we’ll get is a buttload of orbs and maps. This will be severely disappointing to me if this is the case, although the orbs will be greatly appreciated.

Scenario B) The legendary banner will have some sort of appealing twist to it (higher starting rates or something). I’d be satisfied with that.

Scenario C) A surprise Hero Fest that IS has been secretly planning will appear out of nowhere. This is a great way for an Ayra-like uproar to occur, but I can’t say I’d be against a Hero Fest appearing.

Edited by SilvertheShadow

8 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I would feel uncomfortable with exclusive characters being bought. Feels like a slippery slope.

That being said, would drop money for Bruno in a heartbeat. Would hope he would be separate to Loki, though. I want her nowhere near my account. Would possibly go for Veronica and Laegjarn, depending on how much they cost. So yes, I don't like the idea, but would buy into it like the hypocrite I am...

I agree.  Just being able to buy exclusive characters would be really bad.  Black knight was a special one time deal, and he was a free TT unit that has already been power creeped by Zelgius.  For older players all he is, is another merge or steady stance fodder.  

I will admit, I am easily the target of the orb packs. I figure, I'm going to buy orbs at some point anyway, so might as well buy those and get a little bonus.

On the other side, it might stop me buying the larger orb packs, though, since I've already spent money on the game that month so am in a different mindset as to how much more I'm willing to put in... *Shrugs*

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:32 PM, Humanoid said:

Yeah, for people who would have bought orbs anyway it's just a nice little bonus, but I feel the new promos are inherently targeting a different subset of potential customers. The BK pack targeted F2P or near-F2P players in a way the new packs could never hope to (and evidently aren't designed to). The business case for those is probably just to induce regular orb buyers to spend a little more during a given month. Fair enough too because the potential income from opportunistic spenders like myself - players who would be content to never purchase orbs normally - is trivial in the grand scheme of things.

I mainly want to buy the promo for the 6k feathers.  I'm merging Tiki, Nowi, and Camilla to improve my Arena/Arena Assault score and finally make it into T20, and I can use all the spare feathers I can get.

My predictions for Hero Fest 4: Zelgius, Hardin, Robin, and Lyn OR Arya, Hardin, Myyrh, and Lyn.

I don't think they'd do three heavy units. But I think at least some of these units will be in the Hero Fest 4.