DisobeyedCargo

How the heck do you pronounce l'arachel's name?

I have no idea how to pronounce this name and it is bothering me so much.

I couldn't decide if this was good for FE8 section since it's about a FE8 character or FFTF due to how trivial this is so mods act accordingly.

16 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

But why is the apostrophe between the L and the A, that makes it seem it's two separate syllables, but they are pronounced together.

Idk, like Rachel with La in front of it?

The apostrophe position is because her parents didn't give a f**k about what made sense. They wanted their little snowflake to stand out.

If you speak French, it doesn't even bother you :)

35 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

But why is the apostrophe between the L and the A, that makes it seem it's two separate syllables, but they are pronounced together.

That's not what apostrophes are used for, either in French (which the name is clearly trying to sound like) or English (consider: don't, it's, etc.). It's not a syllable separator, but rather indicates that a vowel which used to exist there has been dropped.

Anyway, I pronounce the name pretty much the same as it is pronounced in Heroes.

L' stands for la, the female article in French. The apostrophe is made, if the next word starts with a vocal.

I have tried to translate her name, but I haven't found any word similar to Arachel in French dictionaries, so Idk what her name could mean.

I honestly call her La-Rachel,  but I've heard and also called her la-rach-el. Honestly it doesn't matter in my eyes as long as we overall get whoever one is talking about. I say this cause how many people are actually going to pronounce Camus "Camu" and though it may be wrong I still prefer calling Linde Lin-de instead of Lind, it's all up to preference, I will say some characters obviously have easy names with easy pronunciation like Roy, Ike, Jeorge, Charlotte, etc. Also just citing Pokemon here, they have 2-3 different officially released ways to say Arceus and Sceptile.

It is pronounced "The Rachel".

I always pronounced it La ah rock el

IDK

i've always pronounced it as 'el arch el', but if i'm saying it wrong her heroes va says it in one of her lines

Because my brain has an odd way of reading things, it "autocorrected" L'arachel to "Lil' Archel" and because I tend to leave my incorrect pronunciations alone I refer to her as "Little Archel" to this day.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed