How good are you at Fire Emblem?

Ronnie

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Average.

The only reason I even managed to get through Thracia is because I'm determined to get through FE games once I start them (still didn't help me from almost losing half of my army in the final chapter).

Edited by Hekselka

I'm so garbage, I can't even beat Conquest on Hard without thinking of it as a huge accomplishment.

A no-grind run of Thabes is impossible for me.

I can't beat Awakening on Lunatic, much less Lunatic+.

I have never beaten Shadow Dragon or FE12 on anything above Hard.

And here's the kicker: I didn't even make it past Chapter 2 in Fates Lunatic.

I mean I'll say God tier, but it's like rating skills at Kirby in 50% of cases ....

In most genres, I'm not really good at "adaptive strategies" and I rely on massive playtime/memory to reach high skill, but even randomized I don't really bat an eye at an SRPG. I think having experience with a lot of the other games in the genre (FFT, Front Mission, Disgaea, Arc the Lad Trilogy, etc) does help with Fire Emblem, even though Fire Emblem is much more stripped down than most. 

I prefer to play on the hardest mode to enjoy  games the most. It's a big reason why I like Shadow Dragon and New Mystery more than most people seem to.

I play all the emulated games with Fast Forward on the whole time, because I really don't have things to worry about. 

I'm no professional nor a super great player, but I'm not horrible either. Like, I haven't managed to play Awakening on a higher difficulty than normal, but I have finished Birthright and Revelations on Hard.

... But uh, various people died in my Shadow Dragon and FE7 playthrough... and I never finished Shadow Dragon because it was too difficult. So, maybe I am a rather bad player after all.

Compared to how I was a few years ago?  God tier, easily.  And I'd say the same if I were to compare myself to most modern FE players.  I'm at the point where I could be teaching newer players how to play the game and offer valuable tips for them.

But compared to most FE players who are more serious than just "I wanna build harems with bootiful waifus"?  Probably... goodish.  I'm capable of adapting strategy for unfamiliar territory.  But I've yet to beat the most difficult FE's.  Hell, I haven't even technically beaten Conquest without grinding, though I also just have an aversion to playing through that game again because I dislike the story so much so I haven't put much of an active effort into beating it again.  Though I have beaten the intro segment of Fates, including each version of the initial path split (Revelation's is easily the most difficult since you can't use either set of siblings and no one's expendable).

Somewhere between "I play this game for waifus" and "Maybe I should ACTUALLY strategy."

In all seriousness I think I'm... decent? I mean I can stomach some of the harder games to an extent, but I also can't do Lunatic Awakening, so...

Depends on how you qualify these terms. I can get through most game's normal modes easily enough but I lack the patience to go through higher difficulty. I'd say I could beat stuff like Thracia and RD on hard if I really put my mind to it (and after a lot of tries), but that's just not fun for me. So.. average?

I would say I'm pretty amazing at most of the western-released Fire Emblem games.

• I've S ranked every mode in FE7 and I can generally breeze through HHM unranked without trouble.
  • Sacred Stones hard mode provides a bit of challenge, but not too much.
  • Path of Radiance hard is easy.
  • Radiant Dawn hard provides some challenge in part 1 but I breeze through most of the rest of it.
  • Shadow Dragon is the one I might not be as good at, though I did beat it on H5 without deaths for my 2nd run. I don't remember how many resets that took, though.
  • Awakening Lunatic/Classic I remember being pretty tough at first, but not too bad later on, and I've beaten it multiple times now.
  • Birthright Lunatic/Classic was difficult at times, but never caught me off-guard.
  • Conquest Lunatic/Classic was probably the hardest of all. It's the only difficulty in any FE I've played in recollection that gave me a seriously hard time. Still beat it, though.
  • Revelation Lunatic/Classic was like Birthright.
  • I played Shadows of Valentia only once, and it was hard/classic and only really difficult against the post-game final boss. It was annoying in plenty of places, though.

No grinding for any of the above.

However, I am pretty average at Heroes.

Depends of what I'm playing. If I'm on Casual, I make some baaaaaaaaaaaaad decisions sometimes just for the lol.

Grinding for Fates children is so annoying.

6 minutes ago, Emerson said:

Somewhere between "I play this game for waifus" and "Maybe I should ACTUALLY strategy."

In all seriousness I think I'm... decent? I mean I can stomach some of the harder games to an extent, but I also can't do Lunatic Awakening, so...

tbf, Lunatic Awakening is just a bunch of BS.  You'd find a much fairer challenge in other games on the same difficulty.  And I say this as someone who loved Awakening.

• eclipse changed the title to How good are you at Fire Emblem?

That title was awful, so it's been changed to better reflect what the topic is about.

If Awakening is any indication, I'm probably better than I give myself credit for.

Managed to beat the hardest difficulty of every single FE game and S-Ranked ENM, HNM and EHM in FE7. My turncounts are usually horrendous though and I don't even compare to a lot of LTC'ers out there. I'm decent but definitely far from the best.

Edited by Peppy