Why does Ewan have higher Con than Lute?

Lute is a young woman who if I had to guess is like 17-20, meanwhile I still question myself as to wether or not Ewan has even hit puberty yet and he's not muscular or large at all, certainly smaller than Lute, how does he have a higher con stat than Lute??

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

Video game logic? Maybe because he can promote into a shaman so he would need a higher con to wield the heavy dark tomes.

Males tend to have higher con in FE regardless of their age it seems. Ewan might even be an early bloomer, who knows xD

These may be the reasons:

- Males in FE generally have higher con, and I guess Ewan is no exception.

- Lute's on a diet or just doesn't eat a lot,  or perhaps she doesn't really exercise, considering the massive bookworm she is. I dunno.

- Dark tomes are heavier than other magic tomes, so considering Ewan can promote into a shaman, he ended up with a higher con stat to use the dark tomes without any speed loss. 

Lute sits around reading books all day--Ewan's out running around and sweating it out with a band of desert mercs.

Lean and young and nothing going on yet in the way of adult muscle mass, but the kid's physique probably isn't too shabby. 

2 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Lute sits around reading books all day--Ewan's out running around and sweating it out with a band of desert mercs.

Lean and young and nothing going on yet in the way of adult muscle mass, but the kid's physique probably isn't too shabby. 

Alright alright fair enough 

Lute still deserves better Con, she gets weighed down by FIRE

1 hour ago, Flee Fleet! said:

- Lute's on a diet or just doesn't eat a lot,  or perhaps she doesn't really exercise, considering the massive bookworm she is. I dunno.

- Dark tomes are heavier than other magic tomes, so considering Ewan can promote into a shaman, he ended up with a higher con stat to use the dark tomes without any speed loss. 

I'd say this. Likely a mix of all three.

I think Lute's more like 15. She's very petite and isn't all that mature either considering how much time she spends tuting her own horn.

Someone already said it but Ewan's an active kid. He seems the type to run around lots while Lute's the type to spend her whole life sitting on her butt with a book in her hands. Ewan gets his exercise while Lute doesn't. 

1 hour ago, Flee Fleet! said:

These do sound plausible, except dark tomes are so heavy that anything over Flux would result in severe speed loss.

Here's a few reasons why I think they may be different:

1. Ewan may have some muscle. Growing up with a guild probably allowed him to train for more than just magic. Meanwhile, Lute just studies all day and she has a thin frame. Muscle weighs more than fat. (although neither of them have a lot of either so they should be relatively light.)
  2. Lute is not that much older than Ewan. 4 years max imo. It's hard to tell, since some people look older/younger than they appear to be. Also, their ages aren't listed, but that's what I'm guessing. I'm thinking Ewan can't be too young because the age gap between him and Tethys would be too abnormal (but not impossible) for siblings, since she's implied to be in her 20s. Also, I don't think IS would add someone that young to the roster. They can get away with teenagers and dragon lolis but child soldiers would just be a whole 'nother can of worms. Boys tend to be heavier than girls in their teenage years.
  3. It's game design. He has access to dark magic and she doesn't, and it weighs more so he needs that extra CON. 
  4. IS is sexist and wanted to keep the female roster's CON small because it implies that they don't weigh a lot. (which is ridiculous, because they're fighting a war, and being too thin without some muscle will be a problem).

3 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

Because Ewan comes later in the game as a trainee unit, he's used to being conned.

10/10.

Honestly it's probably because he can possibly eventually wield dark magic.

19 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

These do sound plausible, except dark tomes are so heavy that anything over Flux would result in severe speed loss.

I mean, Lute can only use a Fire tome without any speed loss with her initial con (iirc), so I assume Ewan just ended up the same but in the case of dark tomes instead.

4 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

I mean, Lute can only use a Fire tome without any speed loss with her initial con (iirc), so I assume Ewan just ended up the same but in the case of dark tomes instead.

Nope, lute as a Mage is weighed down even by fire 

10 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Nope, lute as a Mage is weighed down even by fire 

And one would think she would be used to carrying around books, considering the massive bookworm she is.

IS makes weird stats decisions sometimes.

12 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

And one would think she would be used to carrying around books, considering the massive bookworm she is.

IS makes weird stats decisions sometimes.

Why does magic even have weight? It's magical forces you control with your mind.

3 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Why does magic even have weight? It's magical forces you control with your mind.

It's not the magic that has weight.  It's the tome needed to cast it, at least in games that aren't Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia.

15 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

10 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

It's not the magic that has weight.  It's the tome needed to cast it, at least in games that aren't Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia.

Yeah, the tomes are probably just too heavy to carry around.

Could also be that magical forces controlled mentally put too much pressure on the mind.

2 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Yeah, the tomes are probably just too heavy to carry around.

Could also be that magical forces controlled mentally put too much pressure on the mind.

I always imagined Dark tomes as being particularly thick monsters of books to carry around, like a heavy textbook.

2 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I always imagined Dark tomes as being particularly thick monsters of books to carry around, like a heavy textbook.

Dark magic is also considered as Ancient Magic isn't it (in FE7 at least, iirc)? In that case, I can imagine why it has the heaviest tomes around.

2 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Dark magic is also considered as Ancient Magic isn't it (in FE7 at least, iirc)? In that case, I can imagine why it has the heaviest tomes around.

Exactly.

Of course, graphical limitations usually don't reflect this well.

5 minutes ago, Titamon said:

Same reason that Ameila has more con than Eirika, Marisa, and every other female in the game.

Same reason why Vaida has as much con as promoted Lowen

IS said so.

Could Ameila's armor be a reason for the high con? It may weigh more then the mere cloth Eirika and Marisa are wearing.